Why was Batman defeated by Bane in their first battle in The Dark Knight Rises?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

YousufKhan1212

YousufKhan1212

YousufKhan1212

YousufKhan1212

Badabing
Moved to the correct forum.

relentless1
too long to read but I will say that Bruce was rusty in the first fight, also wasn't in the right frame of mind for the fight along with the fact that he didn't have the knowledge about banes mask either, notice when they fought the second time he went right for the mask and kept hitting the tubes til they broke

BruceSkywalker
i have no idea. i did not write the script.. i did not make the movie.. your best bet is to use google or bing

BrolyBlack

DeadpoolXXX
different mindsets. that's why.

Surtur
catwomans magical vagina gave him power

eThneoLgrRnae
Oh my, looks like someone has just a little too much time on their hands lol.

HulkIsHulk
Are you the same dude at Comicvine who said Bale.Bats was a.match for Affleck bats?

Edit:, yes you are, the exact same username

YousufKhan1212

YousufKhan1212

HulkIsHulk
Well my bad
https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/nolan-batman-vs-dceu-batman-no-batsuits-2093819/

YousufKhan1212

eThneoLgrRnae
Don't know about in a fight but Bale Batman is infinitely more cool than Affleck Batman, that's for sure.

John Murdoch
I'll give you some props YousufKhan, that took some research. What I like about Nolan's Batman movies is the focus on Bruce/Batman's character arc. Mike Keaton will always be my favorite Batman, and the Burton/Schumaker films had a continuity string with Bat's character, but Nolan had a definitive begins, falls, rises theme going throughout the trilogy with Bruce.

As you pointed out at length and others summed up in their thoughts, mindset and physicality. Bane had the radical ferocity that Baleman had in his youth whereas Baleman had been in neutral, but I always think of the stark contrast between the combat style (really camera work, but combat style in-movie verse) of Begins Batman vs DK and especially DKR Batman as you pointed out. Specifically, in Begins when Batman dispatches the League of Shadows goons when confronting Ra's in the Narrows. Bruce is perched on the railing of the balcony the group is on, tackles one of the goons off the balcony, and tank-bruiser smashes through the rest of the group. He's a wrecking ball. We see in TDKR how Bruce has to whip back into shape and then fight smartly, targeting Bane's breathing gas tubes. I'm convinced prime Baleman would've gone blow-for-blow with Bane, maybe not beat him in fistfight outright, but been a match physically for him.

Good thread man.

steverules_2
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
Don't know about in a fight but Bale Batman is infinitely more cool than Affleck Batman, that's for sure.

Yeah but Balemans growling voice was just awful

StiltmanFTW
Hasn't the film itself made it clear enough already?

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by steverules_2
Yeah but Balemans growling voice was just awful

I thought his voice was far more suited to the role than Affleck's was.

YousufKhan1212

StiltmanFTW
Good analysis and everything, I just couldn't help but to think you targeted it at some Bane fans here or had some other agenda.

But maybe I spent too many years on this site and you just did it for fun.

As for Nolan's trilogy, imho it's TDK >>> TDKR >> BB, but I realize many liked BB the best.

BrolyBlack
HuLK KILLER HUMANOID has thoughts on this matter

YousufKhan1212
Originally posted by John Murdoch
I'll give you some props YousufKhan, that took some research. What I like about Nolan's Batman movies is the focus on Bruce/Batman's character arc. Mike Keaton will always be my favorite Batman, and the Burton/Schumaker films had a continuity string with Bat's character, but Nolan had a definitive begins, falls, rises theme going throughout the trilogy with Bruce.

As you pointed out at length and others summed up in their thoughts, mindset and physicality. Bane had the radical ferocity that Baleman had in his youth whereas Baleman had been in neutral, but I always think of the stark contrast between the combat style (really camera work, but combat style in-movie verse) of Begins Batman vs DK and especially DKR Batman as you pointed out. Specifically, in Begins when Batman dispatches the League of Shadows goons when confronting Ra's in the Narrows. Bruce is perched on the railing of the balcony the group is on, tackles one of the goons off the balcony, and tank-bruiser smashes through the rest of the group. He's a wrecking ball. We see in TDKR how Bruce has to whip back into shape and then fight smartly, targeting Bane's breathing gas tubes. I'm convinced prime Baleman would've gone blow-for-blow with Bane, maybe not beat him in fistfight outright, but been a match physically for him.

Good thread man.

Thanks. Keaton was a great Batman, but Bale was the best imo, I find him to be better than Keaton because he plays a more layered character than Keaton does, but Keaton is a close second.

As for the choreagraphy in Batman Begins, the reason why there's so much choppy editing and shaky cam is because Nolan wanted to convey that Baleman was "blindingly quick" from the perspective of the criminals, he's not fast that criminals can barely perceive him i.e. a blur. In TDK and TDKR, Baleman no longer appears to have that level of speed and ferocity, which can be chalked down to the constant wear and tear he subjected his body to from being Batman. With that in mind, peak Baleman would've slaughtered Bane to mincemeat.

YousufKhan1212
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Good analysis and everything, I just couldn't help but to think you targeted it at some Bane fans here or had some other agenda.

But maybe I spent too many years on this site and you just did it for fun.

As for Nolan's trilogy, imho it's TDK >>> TDKR >> BB, but I realize many liked BB the best.

Thanks. I didn't even realize that there were Nolanverse Bane fans here anyway.

BB is the best as a Batman movie tbh, it has the most overt comic book tone out of the entire trilogy, Bale's character is more like Batman than it is in TDK and TDKR and his Batman voice is a lot more natural than it is in the sequels. Not to mention, Batman is actually the central character in BB, the villains steal the show in TDK and TDKR.

BrolyBlack
An incel obviously wrote this

YousufKhan1212
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
An incel obviously wrote this

Wrong thread.

BrolyBlack
Sorry I needed an emaple of what an incel would write. This is the perfect example.

eThneoLgrRnae
I liked The Dark Knight the best of the Bale Batman movies. BB was quite good as well though.

YousufKhan1212
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Sorry I needed an emaple of what an incel would write. This is the perfect example.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11133/111332893/6080628-img_2609.png

edward82939
helo Google

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.