Star Trek Lower Decks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Watched the first episode with my nieces, nephews and cousins, They liked it way better than I did.

beatboks
I'd read some really critical re ccb iews before I watched it.
Because of those I went in with very low expectations.
I enjoyed it for a laugh, its corney but fun

Surtur
Heard it sucks and tries too hard. Oh well.

Surtur
You know I actually gave it a shot and enjoyed it lol.

BruceSkywalker
2nd episode was much better than the first

Surtur
Yeah and oh gee they USE THE HOLODECK. Where the f*ck was that in Discovery or Picard?

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah and oh gee they USE THE HOLODECK. Where the f*ck was that in Discovery or Picard?

on discovery the holodeck hasn't even been created lol, and on picard the holodeck was used once i believe

Surtur
Lol yeah I forgot about the discovery timeline.

-Pr-
I don't mind the show too much; it's a parody show. That said, Mariner is an ******* of epic proportions.

BruceSkywalker
Lol yeah I forgot about the discovery timeline.

lol yea

Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't mind the show too much; it's a parody show. That said, Mariner is an ******* of epic proportions.

she's the best thing about it

-Pr-
Lies make baby Jesus cry.

Surtur
Future is not looking good for trek i'm hearing picard's ratings dropped 50% later on in season.

Surtur
Latest episode was great. Honestly feels more like trek than some recent shows.

And it paid Miles f*cking O'Brien his due.

BruceSkywalker
Future is not looking good for trek i'm hearing picard's ratings dropped 50% later on in season.

but a second season is happening lol

watched ep 3 of lower decks.. a bit silly but overall a nice episode

Flyattractor
Gotta love how Modern Hollywood pushes Failure like this.

That and LD Season 2 is coming out is because they were already working on it. Its not like Modern "TV" takes time off in between seasons anymore.

Surtur
This is a good show though. It's exactly what Trek needs.

People can say Picard is getting another season, and it is, but that doesn't magically erase the massive ratings drop it saw.

Lower Decks is breathing some new life into this series.

BruceSkywalker
This is a good show though. It's exactly what Trek needs.

People can say Picard is getting another season, and it is, but that doesn't magically erase the massive ratings drop it saw.

Lower Decks is breathing some new life into this series.

people can cry all they want about picard since it's going to be on at least 3 to 5 years.. also folks should stop believing everything whiny youtubers say ..

prime example of your moronic ignorance surt, discovery's ratings aren't that great either, yet its getting a 4th and quite possible 5th year.. and i don't even like discovery

Surtur
Not sure why you're so upset.

BruceSkywalker
Not sure why you're so upset.

oh im not.. not sure why you believe butthurt folks who don;t like star trek on cbs.. now where did you see these ratings or admit you're a moron

Surtur
I just read that at the end of the first season viewership dipped like half a million.

It wasn't from youtube.

Flyattractor
I just love how CBS keeps pushing stuff their Fan Base don't want.

At least Star Trek Fans arent' the complete Mind Washed Tards that the MCU has created.

Still enjoyable to watch tho.

BruceSkywalker
I just read that at the end of the first season viewership dipped like half a million.

It wasn't from youtube.

how reliable is the website though?? did you read if from wegotthiscovered?? hahahahahah.. i know folks don't like it and thats okay but don't always believe everything, do your own research

Originally posted by Flyattractor
I just love how CBS keeps pushing stuff their Fan Base don't want.

At least Star Trek Fans arent' the complete Mind Washed Tards that the MCU has created.

Still enjoyable to watch tho.

why are you here?? no one cares

Surtur
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
how reliable is the website though?? did you read if from wegotthiscovered?? hahahahahah.. i know folks don't like it and thats okay but don't always believe everything, do your own research

I have no clue how reliable it is nor do I even dislike the show. You say do my own research but CBS refuses to release the viewing numbers for the series so there is no way to verify. Here is where I read it:

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/star-trek-picard-ratings.html

BruceSkywalker
I have no clue how reliable it is nor do I even dislike the show. You say do my own research but CBS refuses to release the viewing numbers for the series so there is no way to verify. Here is where I read it:

https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/star-trek-picard-ratings.html

yea you should do your own research to help back up your claim because not every single website is truthful. cbs is like every network though, they do not have to release ratings. remember netflex is the same as well since they don't release ratings either . cbs clearly must be happy with how star trek is doing since they are greenlighting stuff..

Surtur
Well that is the thing with the problem with them not releasing ratings. The drop in viewership could be true and yet the overall number of viewers could *still* be high enough to warrant renewal. We do not know.

And I'm not saying this is 100% certain.

BruceSkywalker
Well that is the thing with the problem with them not releasing ratings. The drop in viewership could be true and yet the overall number of viewers could *still* be high enough to warrant renewal. We do not know.

And I'm not saying this is 100% certain.

you finally get it lolololololololololololol

Surtur
"I think that means we're best friends, I'm about to die with my best friend!" lol

And people shit in the holodeck...

BruceSkywalker
episode 4 was highly entertaining

Surtur
Yeah, with each ep the show gets better. Best new Trek show in a while IMO.

Speaking of new Trek shows, for anyone who is interested: the first season of Discovery will be airing on CBS this fall.

Surtur
Another good episode.

BruceSkywalker
pretty decent episode.. im starting to like the captain some

Surtur
Star Trek: Lower Decks to Feature John De Lancie as Q

https://media2.giphy.com/media/gVoBC0SuaHStq/giphy.gif

-Pr-
Yeah, just wait til Mariner gets her grubby mitts on him.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
Yeah, just wait til Mariner gets her grubby mitts on him.

good evil face evil face evil face

Surtur
I'd be less worried about her getting her mitts on Q and more worried about what ideas she might give him, even if accidentally. He might not outright kill people, but he will put you in a situation where circumstances get you killed. Unfortunately the people behind the show have said "eagle eyed viewers will catch him" which implies it's going to be a very brief cameo of him in his judge robes. So it's doubtful anyone who hasn't seen TNG would even know it was Q.

With all that sad, it will be a sin if Q does not show up in sometime in the 2nd season of Picard. Even if it is just to chat with Picard for a few minutes.

Also latest episode was great...Oh Badgy!

BruceSkywalker
watched latest episode prior ot football.. it was okay.. didn't care for the badgey stuff which was cringe

Surtur
Just shaking my head at this badgy hater. He's basically the ships Ultron now.

Anyways, I feel like a broken record but the latest episode was good too. The dog was awesome.

BruceSkywalker
pretty good ep

the new life form resembles the one from encounter at farpoint

also i love when they callback to previous characters

Surtur
Loved the latest episode, tons of easter eggs.

And the Q cameo was great.

BruceSkywalker
only good things were q and the eater eggs

BruceSkywalker
tonight's ep was okay..

clearly mariner and her mom are two of a kind

Surtur
I think the most recent episode was the weakest episode of the series, but still serviceable.

I did laugh at the line "When you get to hell tell the pah wraiths Shaxs sent you". And "this is the 80s, nobody has psychiatric disorders".

-Pr-
Those were some nice cameos.

BruceSkywalker
pretty decent finale

great seeing riker ad troi

as a whole this was a fairly good show

-Pr-
They were better in this than they were in Picard. Plus, the ****ing Titan! I ****ing love that ship design.

****ing Shax, though.

cdtm
Agreed, was surprisingly good.

The way Brad quickly adapts to his new promotion makes it look like he was held back by pretty much everyone.

Mariner especially is looking like a lesson to the kids, "See what happens? Do NOT be like her!"

-Pr-
Originally posted by cdtm
Agreed, was surprisingly good.

The way Brad quickly adapts to his new promotion makes it look like he was held back by pretty much everyone.

Mariner especially is looking like a lesson to the kids, "See what happens? Do NOT be like her!"

Yeah, Brad looks like a model officer who just never got noticed. One good thing I will say about Mariner is that for all her faults, she did have a positive effect on him. This way, he won't end up like Picard in the episode Tapestry.

Surtur
Yup this show just captures Trek better than the current live action shows do.

Which is weird.

BruceSkywalker
Yup this show just captures Trek better than the current live action shows do.

Which is weird.

some people don't like lower decks either

Surtur
Yeah well still

BruceSkywalker
Yeah well still

doesn't matter.. actual folks in the know do not care what message boards think

BruceSkywalker
season premiere was petty good

BruceSkywalker
episode was a bit silly but seeing riker helped.

BruceSkywalker
fun to see tom paris

mariner still is a mess

-Pr-
She is. She's far too ominscient for a character in a show like this. She's just unlikeable in general.

I will admit, I laughed out loud when Paris thought Boimler was a Kazon and started kicking the shit out of him though.

BruceSkywalker
tonight's ep was fairly good..

some scenes were funny

BruceSkywalker
boimler's show.. still pretty good

BruceSkywalker
episode was just okay

BruceSkywalker
lower decks has been awesome

BruceSkywalker
season finale was good

BruceSkywalker
watched season 4 first 2 episodes.. i liked the 2nd episode more than the first

BruceSkywalker
Tindi was awesome

BruceSkywalker
last night's eppy was okay

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.