Raised by Wolves

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden_2.0
nAg6RTQEfeM

Surtur
I thought this might be some shitty show about someone who was raised in the wild.

Thankfully, instead it reminded me I need to finish watching Alien: Covenant.

BruceSkywalker
who is in it

riv6672
Looked interesting.

jaden_2.0
mRMVtm2voVA

Robtard
"Two androids are tasked with raising human children on a mysterious virgin planet; as the human colony threatens to be torn apart by religious differences, the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task." -snip

^That + Ridley Scott, I will definitely check this out.

jaden_2.0
Definitely visually similar to Prometheus. That opening shot looks extremely similar to the Prometheus landing scene. The wide shots from high up. The visuals were the only thing Prometheus got right.

The line about raising the children to be atheists might turn off a large number of potential watchers though.

BruceSkywalker
nice visuals.. storyline wise, it coulda been written better

BruceSkywalker
after watching the first 3 episodes, this isn't a bad series

Robtard
Watched the first, wasn't as good as I expected. Found myself not really caring about any of the characters. Hopefully it picks up.

BruceSkywalker
watched latest episode prior to football.. it coulda been better

Old Man Whirly!
it's great imo.

Mindset
Saw the first ep.

Android seem like a deus ex machina, just able to conveniently do whatever is necessary at the time.

ares834
Watched all the episodes the other day. This show is damn good; I'm really enjoying it.

BrolyBlack
Loving it, watched e5 last night going to watch e6 tonigh.

Old Man Whirly!
It reminds me a lot of a groundbreaking show from the very early nineties that was ahead of its time in the way Profit was. Profit of course led to Dexter, the show I'm talking about was called Earth 2 and starred Clancy Brown and Deborah Farantino.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_2_(TV_series)

I truly believe it and the excellent ill fated Peter Weller vehicle

Odyssey 5, paved the way for modern TV SciFi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odyssey_5

Old Man Whirly!
Taken a serious turn for the weird, which is great! thumb up

BruceSkywalker
this really shoulda been written well

ares834
I was really enjoying this show until episode 8 when it jumped the shark with the pregnancy plot. I liked weird stuff but this was just dumb.

And it turns out she was pregnant with basically Satan... The hell? The last three episodes were pretty much just some more and more stupid shit.

BruceSkywalker
watched season finale last night. this show started out with a little promise but got derailed rather quickly. it isn't written well.. story arcs are half assed. the cgi is good.. the acting could be better.

Old Man Whirly!
Ridley Scott, loves body bursting, loves parasites. I kind of agree with you both at this point his SciFi just consists of recycling plots he did better before.

Patient_Leech
I watched the first episode of this last night.

Enjoyed it. It felt like a fu#k-of-a-lot better continuation of Prometheus than Alien: Covenant did.

Trippy and weird, but I hope the writing gets a little better. It shows promise, though.

Robtard
I'm still torn on this, will keep watching as I want to see where it goes, but I don't care about any of the characters really.

Robtard
I'm still torn on this, will keep watching as I want to see where it goes, but I don't care about any of the characters really.

I think I have 2-3 to go.

Patient_Leech
Praise be to Sol!

Patient_Leech
The show's mullets are a bit distracting...

BUT AWESOME!!

https://decider.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/raised-by-wolves-fimmel-algar.jpg

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The show's mullets are a bit distracting...

BUT AWESOME!!

https://decider.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/raised-by-wolves-fimmel-algar.jpg

well that isn't his only mullet...
https://i.postimg.cc/FFP1Tf6W/Travis-Fimmel-as-Ragnar-Lothbrok-2699543.jpg

Patient_Leech
I'm enjoying the show, but I do have some mixed feelings about it. It's getting kind of trippy and difficult to make some sense out of at times.

Why didn't they just rip out Mother's eyes when she was vulnerable while jacked into the simulation? That convoluted attempt at draining her energy or whatever was goofy.

But yeah, I'm enjoying the premise. I still have 2 or 3 episodes left. The show sort of makes me think of this meme (see below)...

Patient_Leech
Finished the series. I liked it in that it felt very much like a Prometheus continuation of some sort. The music, production design and such was all VERY Prometheus. So really enjoyed all that, the androids were very fun to watch.

I will say that I didn't have much trouble with suspension of disbelief until the end, with the flying eel that Mother gave birth to. Granted, it looked very cool, but just not believable and the end of the season just created many more questions than answers. So I do hope there's another season, I guess.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Finished the series. I liked it in that it felt very much like a Prometheus continuation of some sort. The music, production design and such was all VERY Prometheus. So really enjoyed all that, the androids were very fun to watch.

I will say that I didn't have much trouble with suspension of disbelief until the end, with the flying eel that Mother gave birth to. Granted, it looked very cool, but just not believable and the end of the season just created many more questions than answers. So I do hope there's another season, I guess.

2nd season was greenlit a while back

Robtard
Well, finished it and I must say, as a whole it's a heavy helping of "meh", so much "meh", which is a shame as it started out interesting.

The CGI for the half-android-half-human-lamprey-super-baby was just shit though, don't get it, did they blow their budget and this was the last thing they did?

Patient_Leech
Trailer for season 2

uhUTqO4Ci68

ares834
Looks pretty good. I'll probably watch it even though I hated where the plot ended up going at the end of the first season.

Old Man Whirly!
Season 2 has settled and started well.

ares834
Yeah, it was pretty good.

BruceSkywalker
i've watched the first 4 episodes of season 2

still the series has given me no reason as too why it was greenlit

BruceSkywalker
episode 5 was bad but fair

best part was when that actress showed her legs lol

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
episode 5 was bad but fair

best part was when that actress showed her legs lol Really enjoyed it, yeah, the Doctor is a hotty!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.