Disease

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Why did God create it and how does he benefit from it?

eThneoLgrRnae
God didn't create it. It came about thru the curse that God put on creation because of man's disobedience to God. Read the book of Genesis. God didn't create disease.

God created a perfect world(and universe); man wrecked/ruined it.

Surtur
You say he didn't create it and then follow it by saying it came from a curse from God.

You don't see the contradiction?

eThneoLgrRnae
No, I don't. God created a perfect world, man wrecked it. Disease wouldn't exist if not for man's disobedience to God.

Surtur
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
No, I don't. God created a perfect world, man wrecked it. Disease wouldn't exist if not for man's disobedience to God.

Even if he created disease to punish humans he still created it though.

eThneoLgrRnae
Most of the negative consequences of the curse happened because God relaxed his protective grip on the world. He didn't specifically make diseases. They came about because God was no longer protecting the world from stuff like that. He didn't make diseases happen. He LET them happen as a result of the curse.

When Adam and Eve chose to disobey God they were basically proclaiming "We want to do this our way. We can become gods ourselves. We don't need your protection ".

So, the last 6,000 years God has let man do things his way and humanity has suffered huge negative consequences because of it.

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Surtur
Even if he created disease to punish humans he still created it though.

He didn't create disease.

Read my most recent post.

Surtur
But...that just implies diseases were always there and God was just shielding people from them.

And since God made everything he still would have made them.

eThneoLgrRnae
God didn't create diseases, just like He didn't create the devil. No, they weren't always there. They came about thru the curse. If course diseases didn't happen right away. It was probably a while before they started showing up

Surtur
He didn't create disease.

Read my most recent post.

Your post still says he did if you think about it.

Diseases happening because God relaxed some protection suggests they were there even before Adam and Eve broke bad. So where did they come from?

Surtur
God didn't create diseases, just like He didn't create the devil. No, they weren't always there. They came about thru the curse. If course diseases didn't happen right away. It was probably a while before they started showing up

Where did the devil come from?

eThneoLgrRnae
Eh, I still disagree. Of course different disease have different origins. It would take me too damn long to do the research on all the diseases in the world and how they got started. You are of course free to do your own research on them if you like.

Surtur
And who do you consider the devil? Is it a fallen angel?

eThneoLgrRnae
Where did the devil come from?

The devil didn't exist at first. Lucifer became the devil thru his own actions/misdeeds.

Surtur
The devil didn't exist at first. Lucifer became the devil thru his own actions/misdeeds.

Wouldn't God have known what Lucifer would become?

eThneoLgrRnae
And who do you consider the devil? Is it a fallen angel?

Of course. Lucifer became Satan, the devil, thru his own actions. God didn't create the devil.

God created a perfect universe.

eThneoLgrRnae
Wouldn't God have known what Lucifer would become?

Back to this old argument again? Yes, God knew. God knows everything. That doesn't mean He made it happen though.

Surtur
Back to this old argument again? Yes, God knew. God knows everything. That doesn't mean He made it happen though.

two types of evil

those who do evil things and those who see evil being done and do nothing about it

eThneoLgrRnae
You wanna troll, that's fine, Surtur. I just won't take anymore of your arguments on this subject seriously then.

Wonder Man

Surtur
You wanna troll, that's fine, Surtur. I just won't take anymore of your arguments on this subject seriously then.

I wasn't trolling.

Surtur
My two cousins who were siblings died of the same disease, one at age 12 and one at 14. This was within a span of 2 years. Suffered their entire lives too.

So if God actually existed it would mean God let them die because thousands of years ago two people got tricked by a talking snake into eating an apple and you are telling me that you feel that is justified?

Wonder Man
God says suffer the second death with Me.

Surtur
I am truly not trolling when I say Yahweh is an evil being.

How can a good person be okay with what this thing has done?

It had babies killed. First borns. How can you say abortion is wrong then?

Eon Blue
two types of evil

those who do evil things and those who see evil being done and do nothing about it

thumb up

Religion is a fairy tale.

eThneoLgrRnae
Fairy tale, riiiiiight. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Let's see if you still call it a "fairy tale" while you're burning in Hell. wink

Wonder Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.