The single most effective ship?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
In your opinion what is the most overall effective type of ship? I'm talking both offensive and defensive capabilities. Capital ships or smaller starships are fine.

**no super weapons (like the death star) please

Zenwolf
Smaller ships...I'd have to go with the TIE Defender(prior Canon), an impressive array of weapons capable of taking and destroying anything up to a freighter. Shields near on par with capital ship and speed making it one of if not the fastest starfighter in the galaxy. Both Thrawn and even the Emperor himself didn't particularly like the idea of losing such a starfighter to the enemy.

Though honesty I'm not sure you could find a singular most effective ship, as all of them are gonna have their pros and cons. The Defender though I feel is one that could closely match such a description.

The Merchant
Can't go wrong with the Carrack Light cruiser. Despite being its heavily armored and shielded capable of trading firepower with larger ships. A group of Carracks can even take out a ship 10x the size of one, meaning it can take out essentially battlecruiser iirc the 2nd or 3rd largest capital ship category. It was slow super fast its top speed matching that of an X wings top speed.

It also could protect its crew so well that even Carracks that were blown up its debris still potentially kept people safe and alive. To top it off it's super cheap, the only drawback is lack of hangars for fighters.

Galan007
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Smaller ships...I'd have to go with the TIE Defender(prior Canon), an impressive array of weapons capable of taking and destroying anything up to a freighter. Shields near on par with capital ship and speed making it one of if not the fastest starfighter in the galaxy. Both Thrawn and even the Emperor himself didn't particularly like the idea of losing such a starfighter to the enemy.

Though honesty I'm not sure you could find a singular most effective ship, as all of them are gonna have their pros and cons. The Defender though I feel is one that could closely match such a description. Tbh, I'd probably go with the TIE Defender in canon as well.

Underachiever59
I know everyone has a hard on for the TIE Defender, but let's not forget the ship that actually hunted the TIE Defenders used by Grand Admiral Zaarin. Between its insane payload and its SubLight Acceleration Motor (SLAM), not to mention the beam weapons it employed, the Missile Boat was pretty much the most insanely efficient ship in the Empire's arsenal. It's shielding was superior to the B-Wing, and its max speed could rival the A-Wing due to its SLAM. It was literally so good that the Emperor had them all put into permanent storage to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands, out of fear of just how dangerous they would be in the hands of the Rebellion.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Underachiever59
I know everyone has a hard on for the TIE Defender, but let's not forget the ship that actually hunted the TIE Defenders used by Grand Admiral Zaarin. Between its insane payload and its SubLight Acceleration Motor (SLAM), not to mention the beam weapons it employed, the Missile Boat was pretty much the most insanely efficient ship in the Empire's arsenal. It's shielding was superior to the B-Wing, and its max speed could rival the A-Wing due to its SLAM. It was literally so good that the Emperor had them all put into permanent storage to prevent them from falling into the wrong hands, out of fear of just how dangerous they would be in the hands of the Rebellion.

I had thought of the Missile Boat and you're right on that, but I think it has a bigger drawback compared to the Defender in that, it only has one laser cannon. So if you run out of your onboard missile payload...you're kinda gimped heavily in a dogfight. Plus I recall it not being as maneuverable/agile compared to the Defender either. It certainly is faster though out of its base speed with the Overdrive.

Of course these are basically the Top 2 I'm thinking of, a bit the Defender is smaller so I was trying to think of the smallest ship and the MB is a tad bit larger.

Either way I could flip flop between the two, there is no real hard placement.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.