ROTS Palpatine vs. Rebels Vader (Canon)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Forschbewithu
Sabers
Force
All out

I'm honestly inclined to say Vader.

relentless1
Sidious

Trocity
Originally posted by relentless1
Sidious

It's really not a debate.

Scizard
Sidious still seems more powerful force wise to me but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Vader was a superior duelist.

Total Warrior
Sidious of course

Total Warrior

ares834
Vader beat Filoni-amped Ahsoka. Sidious's dueling feats pale in comparison.

Lord Stark
Sidious

ozz81
Sidious

NTJack0
Originally posted by ares834
Vader beat Filoni-amped Ahsoka. Sidious's dueling feats pale in comparison.

qwertyuiop1998
Vader imo

Total Warrior
The new issue kinda confirmed Sidious win and pretty easily too

ozz81
All out sidious easily

qwertyuiop1998
Originally posted by Total Warrior
The new issue kinda confirmed Sidious win and pretty easily too Different era though. I remember Palpatine mentioning some temple of sith in jedi order that made him more connect with the dark side in Tarkin novelization. So its reasonable for me to assume that Palpatine wasn't that powerful before the ending of ROTS

Lord Stark
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
Different era though. I remember Palpatine mentioning some temple of sith in jedi order that made him more connect with the dark side in Tarkin novelization. So its reasonable for me to assume that Palpatine wasn't that powerful before the ending of ROTS

He was probably pretty close with the Force tilting so far to the Dark Side by the end of ROTS with the destruction of the Jedi Order.

Total Warrior
Oh my bad I read RotJ Sid

Galan007
I think a case can be made for putting Vader above RotS Palpatine.

But obviously ESB-era Palpatine can throttle him pretty easily.

Lord Stark
Eh I disagree. I think the biggest power jump Palpatine gets is between AOTCs and ROTS because of the war and the tilt of the Dark Side tbh. I think any version of Palpatine post Jedi Purge spanks Vader with little difficulty.

Forschbewithu
Anakin was just below Palpatine in terms of power in rots, and we know he grew stronger after the fact - couple that with Vader's superior dueling abilities, I'd say Vader beats rots Palpatine. I don't think Vader could beat any version of OT/Sequel Trilogy Palpatine though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.