Mystic Gohan vs. Super Buu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mendax
I know they already fought in the series, but my question is if you think Gohan was strong enough to have actually killed Buu if the fight had played out longer?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Mendax
I know they already fought in the series, but my question is if you think Gohan was strong enough to have actually killed Buu if the fight had played out longer? Er... Yes.

If Buu hadn't obtained Gotenks then Gohan absolutely would have killed him, Gohan was treating him like a joke, it wasn't even close.

StiltmanFTW
Treating him like a joke is one thing.

Disintegrating Buu's body, so thoroughly that he wouldn't be able to regenerate anymore, is the real challenge.

Galan007
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Disintegrating Buu's body, so thoroughly that he wouldn't be able to regenerate anymore, is the real challenge. Exactly.

I'd like to think Gohan could have perma-killed Super Boo, but I'm honestly not sure as the difference between them was less than 2x.

Mendax
Less than 2x? Where was that stated?

Because Gohan seemed a lot more powerful than that. confused

Galan007
Logical scaling.

SS3 Gotenks ~ Super Boo. So when Super Boo absorbed Gotenks, it would have roughly doubled his power.

That said, Bootenks > Ultimate Gohan... Which subsequently means that Gohan must have been less than 2x Super Boo.

Mendax
Makes sense. I would have just thought the gap was bigger because Gohan was stomping him so easily lol.

juggerman
Originally posted by Mendax
Makes sense. I would have just thought the gap was bigger because Gohan was stomping him so easily lol.

It doesn't take a 2x gap to ragdoll someone in DBZ. Look at Vegeta on Nanek. He rolled Cui and Dodoria while being significantly less than double their power

StiltmanFTW
SSJ2 is supposed to be "only" twice as powerful as SSJ1, yet it was still considered a massive boost.

Marikina
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Disintegrating Buu's body, so thoroughly that he wouldn't be able to regenerate anymore, is the real challenge.

Gotenks was implied to do just that before his SSJ3 and fusion wore off, and Gohan is even stronger than him.

Galan007
I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock into anything Gotenks claimed, tbh.

His "confidence" in his abilities was super inflated.

One Big Mob
Iirc there's a scan somewhere that says Goku's spirit bomb against Kid Buu was from draining every last bit of energy he could from Earth, including Gohan and the others, and Namek and other places. Plus with the Spirit Bomb being particularly effective against evil ki, it still took that much to destroy him. And Kid Buu still palmed it initially.

To think that's the energy it took to finally kill him, it's hard to think that it wouldn't take an absolutely overwhelming amount of energy to kill him. Hell even Vegeta's Allahu Ackbar should have killed Buu on paper but it just wasn't strong enough; though still strong enough to shred him to atoms.

The implication with Super Buu though was that he could be temporarily weakened enough to set up for a big attack. So maybe that's how Gohan would have done it. I don't see him doing it right off the hop with one attack though.

Mendax
Buu's showing against the Spirit Bomb makes more sense now that he was stated to have god ki. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.