DCeased, Marvel Zombies, or Blackest Night?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordGod
Which "zombie" story do you prefer and why?

zopzop
I liked the Marvel Zombies story because they were actual zombies (flesh eating and all). Plus it had some genuinely shocking scenes (SM killing Mary Jane and Aunt May then ripping his skin off in disgust of his actions).

Galan007
The original Marvel Zombies(written by Kirkman) is still excellent, and probably in my top 10 to this day. After the first series it started getting stupid, though.

Never was a huge fan of Blackest Night.

DCeased started off good, but it's gone a bit flat for me.

MrMind
BN for me

Sin I AM
No mention of Crossed? Uncultured swine.

DarkSaint85
Marvel Zombies.

Blackest night lost its shock value pretty quickly.

Diesldude

-Pr-
Marvel Zombies was a lot of fun, but because it's an alternate universe I never really felt that invested in it. It did have some really nice moments in it, though.

Blackest Night started well, but dropped off near the end. Johns is better at finales than that, so it was a disappointment.

DCeased's main book was largely... okay. The tie-ins, especially The Unkillables, were good though.

Originally posted by Sin I AM
No mention of Crossed? Uncultured swine.

thumb up

Galan007
And when MZ was first released, full-fledged zombie invasions in comics were still a pretty new concept, which made the series even more fun.

Fast-forward to now, and the zombie gimmick is stupidly overused. It has lost a lot of its luster.

qwertyuiop1998
Choose from those three, I think BN is more interesting. Mainly because I just get tired of zombie virus thing though.
A ring that can resurrect and turn dead character into a undead is fresher and more interesing thing for me

Enzeru
Marvel Zombies for a number of reasons:

+ It was the first story, so it gets bonus points for the idea.
+ It stuck closer with established tropes and was overall more simple and straight to the point. Virus, zombies, great. The other two stories had "cosmic" origins and elements and slightly stepped away from the classic zombie stories everyone loves.
+ It had some seriously shocking moments. And since it was first, these moments were more impactful.

Glorificus
I preferred Necrosha better than any of these zombie storylines.

But out of these three, I guess Marvel Zombies.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Sin I AM
No mention of Crossed? Uncultured swine. Crossed got really stupid with the later titles. The original run was great though.

Sin I AM
Alot better than DCeased or any additional Marvel Zombie outside the first. Also lol at Blackest Night...trash event

Galan007
Crossed is a fun romp and all, but do you really consider the crossed to be zombies? They basically just become batshit insane(outside of a few who actually keep their shit together for the most part.)

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Galan007
Crossed is a fun romp and all, but do you really consider the crossed to be zombies? They basically just become batshit insane(outside of a few who actually keep their shit together for the most part.)

In the traditional sense no. They do fit the cannibal, lack of control motf

MrMind
DCeased is def better than Marvel Zombies

Adam Grimes
Crossed is edgy-overlord bait.

Marvel Zombies 10/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.