Wonder Woman 1984 vs Dune: Who wins?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Since Wonder Woman 84 is moving to Christmas or one week after Dune opens, which movie wins? Or do both films win??

https://deadline.com/2020/09/wonder-woman-1984-flying-to-christmas-gal-gadot-movie-will-open-one-week-after-dune-1234575379/

ares834
It's a pretty safe bet that WW will make more.

riv6672
Nobody wants to see Dune over WW.

ares834
Everybody that is sensible would rather see Dune than WW. Unfortunately, most people have poor taste and would prefer seeing yet another popcorn superhero film rather than an ambitious sci fi one.

playa1258
Both films win. Dune will be the better movie and WW will make more.

Dune is going to clean up during award season.

jaden_2.0
WW84 looks shit.

steverules_2
Remember when Sonic made more money than Birds of prey, jeez BOP was terrible facepalm

-Pr-
I think people have overly high expectations for Dune. I mean, it might be that good, but the trailer didn't help it at all imo.

steverules_2
Originally posted by -Pr-
I think people have overly high expectations for Dune. I mean, it might be that good, but the trailer didn't help it at all imo.

Everyone is so excited for it, from what I remember the original is considered one of the worst films ever but I guess this new one is promising

riv6672

BackFire
Dune will be great but will bomb.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BackFire
Dune will be great but will bomb. I do forsee a John Carter on Mars moment at the box office. They still haven't got an Ornithopter right ffs

riv6672

BackFire

riv6672
I tried watching that movie, but never got into it.
I need to try that again.

roughrider
Not a great move for the same company - Warners - to release two tentpole films in the same season so close together. Films companies are in competition with each other; films from the same company shouldn't be. This could be a repeat of May 2018, when Solo: A Star Wars Story came out less than a month after Marvel's Infinity War and got overlooked.

WW84 is like an orphan getting passed around. It was ready to be released almost a year ago, but they hesitated and held it back for this summer, only for COVID-19 to screw over the world and shutter movie theatres everywhere. Will it finally get some love this Christmas?

BackFire
Dune will probably get delayed.

steverules_2

playa1258
Dune and WW will both be delayed.

I don't think any big release makes it this year besides Tenet.

-Pr-
Originally posted by steverules_2
Everyone is so excited for it, from what I remember the original is considered one of the worst films ever but I guess this new one is promising

The old one isn't very good at all.

I want to give this one the benefit of the doubt, but we'll see.

Originally posted by playa1258
Dune and WW will both be delayed.

I don't think any big release makes it this year besides Tenet.

I honesly think the delays are premature. Tenet is making money outside of the US.

Flyattractor
Covid Killed the Theater Star.

And Dune is Hi Brow Elitist Sci Fi.

Wondie will just be Sexy Good Times.

ShadowFyre
I never thought of Dune as a story really made for film. I think I read the first few Dune books a long time ago and got bored with it. They are good but there is a lot that are a lot better.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.