To the moon and back, who's the fastest?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Who can fly from earth to the moon and back in the fastest time?
The participants are

Current Supermsn
Thor
Sentry
Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Orion

No amped versions, not necessarily a race against each but who can do it in the quickest time.

lawest9
Bump

ShadowFyre
They all have same top speed as far as comics are concerned but Superman should have the best acceleration and turn around.

If it was further, I would give it to Surfer or Mjolnir but they would all be fairly close.

People are gonna try to say Glads and Sentry are equal to Clark in speed and that's not true

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Gladiator’s galaxies blinking feat might outstrip every speed I can think off tbh, even for Superman, Thor and Surfer. But we know relatively speaking he’s slower than Surfer and Mjolnir.

As for this thread, Thor. Mjolnir is fastest.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
^Gladiator’s galaxies blinking feat might outstrip every speed I can think off tbh, even for Superman, Thor and Surfer. But we know relatively speaking he’s slower than Surfer and Mjolnir.

Superman has traversed multiple space sectors within a page, travelled across the universe within 60 days.

LOL @ mjolnir being fastest. Thor wouldn't even register when Superman travels across the moon and back.

https://i.postimg.cc/RNspPz3N/RCO018-w.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/877K9nWw/RCO019.jpg

Diesldude
FTL can KO Thor.

https://i.postimg.cc/q7hGBF80/BE5-B06-AB-B296-4-A7-E-ABD0-F257769-CB363.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

I agree with you about Gladiator, assuming he reached those speeds almost instantly and this is a straight race (not a back and forth thing).

In reality we don't know how long it took Gladiator to reach FTL speeds. For example, in one showing it took Surfer more than a second to reach FTL speeds.

Also, Gladiator has to stop at the moon and turn back around. His reflexes and perception might allow him to do this only at a particular speed.

Why is Mjolnir fastest? What feat are you thinking about?

Stoic
Sentry. He casually moved FTL, which for some reason gave people the idea that they were seeing the fastest that he could travel. We actually have yet to see his upper travel speed limit.

Damborgson
Originally posted by lawest9
Who can fly from earth to the moon and back in the fastest time?
The participants are

Current Supermsn
Thor
Sentry
Silver Surfer
Gladiator
Orion

No amped versions, not necessarily a race against each but who can do it in the quickest time.

Well, Superman.

If you're not the flash, (and even then sometimes...) speed isn't what you're going to use to beat him.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Sentry. He casually moved FTL, which for some reason gave people the idea that they were seeing the fastest that he could travel. We actually have yet to see his upper travel speed limit.

You know this is about reflexes and acceleration, not speed.

For example, I can reach any speed from the acceleration of 10m/s^2 given enough time. So top speed is irrelevant since anyone here can reach any speed, provided they have the time to do so.

Second, one can't travel to a location and back faster than what they can respond to.
For example, If Gladiator has nanosecond reflexes tops then he can only get to the moon and back in a couple of nanoseconds minimum. Otherwise, he wouldn't stop in time or know when to slow down.

Magnon
Superman wins, for the reasons stated by h1a8: reflexes and acceleration.

MrMind
someone post the scan of superman and supergirl fly 2 sectors in a single page

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Magnon
Superman wins, for the reasons stated by h1a8: reflexes and acceleration.

Lies, I said it first.

And @ rage- how is that that amazing? Mjolnir already traveled to the end of universe and back in under 60 seconds when Thor tried to get rid of it(if I remember correctly) that would be like hundreds of billions of galaxies

Magnon
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
Lies, I said it first.
Oh, right. Credit where credit is due.

BrolyBlack

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
I agree with you about Gladiator, assuming he reached those speeds almost instantly and this is a straight race (not a back and forth thing).

In reality we don't know how long it took Gladiator to reach FTL speeds. For example, in one showing it took Surfer more than a second to reach FTL speeds.

Also, Gladiator has to stop at the moon and turn back around. His reflexes and perception might allow him to do this only at a particular speed.

Why is Mjolnir fastest? What feat are you thinking about?

He reached it instantly. An as asgardian saw him, he blitzed past countless of Galaxies before he blinked. Stop making this difficult when it's not. Gladiator wins this race. Up next, Surfer then Superman.

abhilegend
Gladiator is slower than Nova, forget about Surfer.

MrMind
Originally posted by carver9
He reached it instantly. An as asgardian saw him, he blitzed past countless of Galaxies before he blinked. Stop making this difficult when it's not. Gladiator wins this race. Up next, Surfer then Superman.

really, because superman and supergirl has feats like this

flying across one sector is like flying through one billion galaxies

https://i.ibb.co/HhGqnnW/B7-Shf-ELgc-Vl-YP4xl-Xo3-Nv-Wveju-Lfa2sg-Dw7kz-Na-TDVk-Fp9do-B1lu-Vn-R5-Wnd-Fbx-Ci-d-Adre-Ng-SMVq-A7.jpg
https://i.ibb.co/Brm1SNk/y3-GQy-W0-Bc2p-JEYW8m-Qiodk5-XBw34-EEwj-PNRjw-PCZ9u-ITj-VYYXO-4w868e-BIKr7dq3n6ojf8t-ZHhj-Jwcw-Bb-ZQ.jpg

Kal-L
Considering that Superman is unmatched in speed when flying; faster than the Flashes themselves, He's easily the fastest here. No contest.

lawest9
I remember PC Supes flying so fast that he broke the bonds of infinity and was about to enter into where no flesh and blood were allowed, and it took the Spectre to stop him, but of course this is current Superman that we are using here.

Stoic

For example, I can reach any speed from the acceleration of 10m/s^2 given enough time. So top speed is irrelevant since anyone here can reach any speed, provided they have the time to do so.

Second, one can't travel to a location and back faster than what they can respond to.
For example, If Gladiator has nanosecond reflexes tops then he can only get to the moon and back in a couple of nanoseconds minimum. Otherwise, he wouldn't stop in time or know when to slow down.

Where did you see Sentry needing time to build up to moving FTL speed? He says don't worry I'm not going to kill you to Thor. This shows that he could increase his speed to levels that would kill Thor, and that in itself is crazy since Thor has used Mjolnir to travel extremely fast in the past.

Originally posted by Kal-L
Considering that Superman is unmatched in speed when flying; faster than the Flashes themselves, He's easily the fastest here. No contest.

Nope. The Flash is faster.

Philosophía
Superman goes there and back before the others even perceive he's moved.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Rage.Of.Olympus

abhilegend

Enzeru
To me personally it's between Superman and the Sentry. Probably Superman due to DCs stronger focus on speed, but like always I wouldn't be surprised, if the Sentry won.

I don't think that the other Marvel characters are as fast as the Sentry.
Thor uses Mjolnir to travel at incredible speeds. Silver Surfer couldn't keep up with Mjolnir. Thor was completely disoriented when Sentry flew him into deep space. There may be some buts in there, but these aren't really big buts.

lawest9
Originally posted by Enzeru
To me personally it's between Superman and the Sentry. Probably Superman due to DCs stronger focus on speed, but like always I wouldn't be surprised, if the Sentry won.

Thor uses Mjolnir to travel at incredible speeds. Silver Surfer couldn't keep up with Mjolnir. Thor was completely disoriented when Sentry flew him into deep space. There may be some buts in there, but these aren't really big buts.

playa1258
Superman

JBL
Gladiator.

h1a8
Originally posted by Enzeru

Originally posted by JBL
Gladiator.

For example, If Gladiator has nanosecond reflexes (at best) then he can only get to the moon and back in a couple of nanoseconds minimum. Otherwise, he wouldn't stop in time or know when to slow down when reaching the moon.

Where did you see Sentry needing time to build up to moving FTL speed? He says don't worry I'm not going to kill you to Thor. This shows that he could increase his speed to levels that would kill Thor, and that in itself is crazy since Thor has used Mjolnir to travel extremely fast in the past.

We don't know how long it takes Sentry to reach light speed. We don't even know what speed Sentry actually reached. Two unknowns = unknown acceleration. Unless you can find great evidence of the minimum speed Sentry reached and the maximum time it took him?

carver9
Gladiator

h1a8
Gladiator

For example, If Gladiator has nanosecond reflexes (at best) then he can only get to the moon and back in a couple of nanoseconds minimum. Otherwise, he wouldn't stop in time or know when to slow down when reaching the moon.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Gladiator

AlbertoJohnAvil

Nothing Superman showed travel speed wise comes close to Gladiator's or Mjolnir, use your common sense for once

Stoic
H1, he grabs Thor and the next instance his acceleration bends time and space. For the love of God, the original scan is on page 1 of this very thread man.

carver9

Gladiator flew out of a blast going 100 times the speed of light. Bump light speed, he flew faster than that instantly with no problem at all. Your try hard pants stank...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146296/2856973-gladiator_star_strike_contained_100_x_ftl.jpg

carver9
And then he slowed down when he got to Earth...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146296/2857225-g1.jpg

DarkSaint85
"Distance from Pluto to Earth is a lot further than Earth to the Moon" -h1a8

MrMind
Gladiator flew out of a blast going 100 times the speed of light. Bump light speed, he flew faster than that instantly with no problem at all. Your try hard pants stank...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146296/2856973-gladiator_star_strike_contained_100_x_ftl.jpg

Hyperspace, why do you always forget crucial details

lawest9
https://www.quora.com/What-is-Supermans-maximum-flying-speed

h1a8
H1, he grabs Thor and the next instance his acceleration bends time and space. For the love of God, the original scan is on page 1 of this very thread man. It says his velocity bends space and time. Either you are very stupid or just trolling. Top speed is irrelevant here. Sentry nor anyone else would travel to the moon faster than they can react to stop when reaching the moon. Otherwise they would go through the moon. So if I, with human reactions, can reach 10000000x light speed in a nanosecond then I'm going to limit my speed to 5x the speed of light when traveling to the moon so that I can react in time to stop at the moon.

That's why I said this thread is about acceleration AND REFLEXES.

And then he slowed down when he got to Earth...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/14/146296/2857225-g1.jpg
The distance from Pluto to Earth is more than 10,000 times further than Earth to the moon.
It would take less than human reactions when traveling 100x the speed of light to be able to slow down before hitting earth. Remember reflexes is about time, not speed.

carver9
Originally posted by MrMind
Hyperspace, why do you always forget crucial details

Mr. Mind, stop. Stop trying so hard.

MrMind
Only if I can tell you 10 years ago people with retardation and autism shouldn't have children

Diesldude

Stoic
It says his velocity bends space and time. Either you are very stupid or just trolling. Top speed is irrelevant here. Sentry nor anyone else would travel to the moon faster than they can react to stop when reaching the moon. Otherwise they would go through the moon. So if I, with human reactions, can reach 10000000x light speed in a nanosecond then I'm going to limit my speed to 5x the speed of light when traveling to the moon so that I can react in time to stop at the moon.

That's why I said this thread is about acceleration AND REFLEXES.

The distance from Pluto to Earth is more than 10,000 times further than Earth to the moon.
It would take less than human reactions when traveling 100x the speed of light to be able to slow down before hitting earth. Remember reflexes is about time, not speed.

Yeah, these are comic books. Go out the way you came and don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.