SS3 Goku vs Mystic Gohan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Feats till Buu saga only. Who wins?

Kento
Mystic Gohan was much stronger. SSJ3 Goku was relatively even with Fat Buu, however most likely slightly more powerful. Mystic Gohan was stronger than Super Buu who was stronger than Fat Buu.

ssj Gotenks was thought to be strong enough to deal with Fat Buu making SSJ Gotenks, and SSJ3 Goku more than likely also in the same ballpark of power. So Gotenks is at least 4x stronger than ssj3 Goku, and then Mystic Gohan is somewhere between .5 to 1.5s stronger than Gotenks.

Marikina
Toriyama Goku loses. Toei Goku wins.

Galan007
Originally posted by Galan007
The general consensus where the manga is concerned is that: Ultimate Gohan > SS3 Gotenks ~ Super Boo > SS3 Goku.

But the anime makes that a lot less clear... Especially when it has SS3 Goku doing better against Bootenks than Gohan did(which obviously never happened in the manga), lol.

StiltmanFTW
Yes, what Galan and Kento said.

When we consider all the extra material (filler, movies, DBS BoG arc), neither Ultimate Gohan nor Gotenks are particularly impressive.

But if we stick to the original manga series and carefully analyze it, scene by scene, Galan seems right.

Galan007
The only thing that kind of muddies the waters in terms of where SS3 Goku stands(in the manga) is the fact that he couldn't even reach full power in his SS3 form.

So it's virtually impossible to say where a theoretical FPSS3 Goku would have ranked in comparison to Ultimate Gohan. I would *assume* the comparisons Goku made in reference to him not standing a chance against Super Boo, for example, would have factored in his full power... But again, I don't know for sure.

StiltmanFTW
Yes, there is that whole SSJ3-right-after-transforming and FPSSJ3 thing, as you elaborated on recently.

It's hard to know for sure because SS3 wasn't really fleshed out at all... But I basically look at it as two different versions of SS3: you have the 'baseline' SS3 that Goku initially transforms into(like when he first used it against Fat Boo), and you have the 'full power' version of SS3(which requires a full minute of continuous powering-up after Goku initially becomes SS3.)

So based on Goku saying that he couldn't deflect Pure Boo's blast, but then later stating that he could easily kill Pure Boo if he was able to fully powerup as SS3, we can probably say something like: FPSS3 Goku > Pure Boo > baseline SS3 Goku (even though I don't think Goku could have perma-killed Pure Boo even IF he could have reached full power, but that's neither here nor there.)

Problem is that we don't know which of the above 'versions' of SS3 that Goku was factoring in when he made the comment about not standing a chance against Super Boo.

Unlike Old Kai's "Unlock Ability", SSJ3 comes with massive drawbacks.

Marikina
The only thing that kind of muddies the waters in terms of where SS3 Goku stands(in the manga) is the fact that he couldn't even reach full power in his SS3 form.

So it's virtually impossible to say where a theoretical FPSS3 Goku would have ranked in comparison to Ultimate Gohan. I would *assume* the comparisons Goku made in reference to him not standing a chance against Super Boo, for example, would have factored in his full power... But again, I don't know for sure.

He can use his full power while SSJ3, the form just has poor stamina. Unless we're talking Toei Goku.

StiltmanFTW
He couldn't power up to max power when he was alive.

The form is just not meant for the mortal body. Its ki drain is considerable.

Kento
Originally posted by Marikina
He can use his full power while SSJ3, the form just has poor stamina. Vegeta got beat up for a minute, for Goku to power up his full power, only to revert back to base because he ran out of energy. So he can't use his full power in ssj3 while alive.

Course it does make one wonder, did he ever use full power ssj3 against Future Trunks or Beerus? Because he does talk to Caulifla about how terrible the form is despite the power output it has.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Kento
Vegeta got beat up for a minute, for Goku to power up his full power, only to revert back to base because he ran out of energy. So he can't use his full power in ssj3 while alive.

Exactly.

But I believe it took much longer than a minute.

Originally posted by Kento
Course it does make one wonder, did he ever use full power ssj3 against Future Trunks or Beerus? Because he does talk to Caulifla about how terrible the form is despite the power output it has.

Against Beerus? Perhaps... if we want to believe that he mastered the SSJ3 transformation or at least got significantly better with it than during Buu Saga. Which, theoretically, should be possible. Considering how both he and Vegeta seemed to have surpassed the likes of Mystic Gohan, Gotenks or Mister Buu in the BoG arc.

Against FT? That's different, as he had the god ki at his disposal. Of course you could argue it got retconned.

Galan007
Originally posted by Marikina
He can use his full power while SSJ3. Problem is, he never did during the Boo saga. The one time he tried to reach full power, he burned out before it happened.

Like the others said: we never saw FPSS3 until *maybe* DBS.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.