Can Spiderman on his best day hurt Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Rd 1 Post crisis Arthur

Rd 2 N52

Not saying he'd win, but could he damage/bloody

https://i.postimg.cc/wyHrqNyQ/38d6cf76d6aed72396e0230b6141fd155b6829dbr1-1024-1024v2-uhq.jpg

-Pr-
Probably. I mean, hurting him is much easier than causing any real damage.

StiltmanFTW
Spidey has feats like KO'ing Firelord, one-shotting amped Griffin (who tussled with Wonder Man), affecting IG Thanos with his kick, beating the shit out of Rhino, dismantling Black-and-gold Iron Man and many more.

"On his best day", he murders Arthur and forces pr to watch the whole thing.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by -Pr-
Probably. I mean, hurting him is much easier than causing any real damage.

Do you think he could cause any real damage iyo?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Spidey has feats like KO'ing Firelord, one-shotting amped Griffin (who tussled with Wonder Man), affecting IG Thanos with his kick, beating the shit out of Rhino, dismantling Black-and-gold Iron Man and many more.

"On his best day", he murders Arthur and forces pr to watch the whole thing.

Do you consider some of those feats legit

DarkSaint85
He could mentally hurt him, sure.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Do you consider some of those feats legit

As legit as Batman's ones.

Parker has tons of feats like these. You wanted him on his best day, I listed some examples.

Philosophía
Aquaman's best day is Wednesday.

Which day did Spiderman beat Firelord?

Checkmate.

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

Sin I AM
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Rd 1 Post crisis Arthur

Rd 2 N52

Not saying he'd win, but could he damage/bloody

https://i.postimg.cc/wyHrqNyQ/38d6cf76d6aed72396e0230b6141fd155b6829dbr1-1024-1024v2-uhq.jpg

I dont see him doing it. Id put AM slightly above Tony who spidey shouldn't touch if Toby is equally serious

Parmaniac
lol

CosmicComet
Spider-man's special ability is to be equally overwhelmed by everyone he faces.

"Woah! Galactus' blasts pack a wallop! Electro would be jealous of all that power!"

"Woah! This Alfred guy is tougher than he looks! He is a lot more skilled than the average crook with a knife!"

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I dont see him doing it.

Because you're going by averages.

That's not what this thread is about.

"Can Spiderman on his best day hurt Aquaman"

Henry_Pym

lawest9
Don't know if he would actually "break" anything but Spidey could definitely hurt him at least a little.

StiltmanFTW
He's struck more durable foes (Juggernaut, Hulk) without actually breaking his hands.

But he *did* harm himself and was in significant pain, just no bone damage confirmed. We'd need an x-ray scan laughing out loud

Aquaman is below Namor and SpOck had no hard time punching Namor.

DarkSaint85
Spiderman took an Ultimate Nullifier blast. Aquaman with his 10x dense muscles wouldn't break anything.

Spiderman has also taken beatings from Colossus amped with Cytorrak's power (who loved him, btw) AND 20% of the Phoenix Force.

In short, on his best day, Spiderman's durability is top notch.

StiltmanFTW
Was it 20% or 25%? Wasn't Namor already beaten at the time? I don't remember.

DarkSaint85
Was it 20% or 25%? Wasn't Namor already beaten at the time? I don't remember.

Namor was already beaten (the other heroes were retreating - check Thor out laughing out loud ):

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/spider-man-vs-phoenix-five-colossus-and-magik-3.jpg

Note that Colossus, Magik and Spidey were all at the center of an explosion powerful enough to destroy the top of that mountain.

And only one of those three walked/staggered away.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

So it was 25%, then.

1/4 PF, not 1/5. Unless it took some time for Namor's power to get transferred back to the rest?

Who/what Wolverine is cutting in that scan?

PS. Parker also can make webbing gloves for himself, if he really feels like protecting his hands. Worked for him plenty of times in the past.

Parmaniac
https://s8d2.turboimg.net/t1/60047931_9209227.jpg

https://s8d4.turboimg.net/t1/60047932_Strength_-_1_Amazing_Spider-Man_320-16.jpg https://s8d4.turboimg.net/t1/60047933_Strength_-_2_Amazing_Spider-Man_320-18.jpg

https://s8d3.turboimg.net/t1/60047934_1627072.jpg https://s8d3.turboimg.net/t1/60047935_4775111.jpg
Going by the last he splatters Aquaman's head.

tkitna
Seriously, on Spidermans best day, he probably beats Aquaman.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes, he can. A Spider-Man blitz would actually be fairly dangerous for Aquaman imo.

Originally posted by tkitna
Seriously, on Spidermans best day, he probably beats Aquaman.

Meh, I wouldn't be surprised.

StiltmanFTW
Not beats. Murders.

With one arm, while holding Pr with the other one, making sure he gets the front seat.

steverules_2
Not beats. Murders.

With one arm, while holding Pr with the other one, making sure he gets the front seat.

On a scale of bada to Imp how in love with Pr are you? mhmm

Sin I AM
Because you're going by averages.

That's not what this thread is about.

"Can Spiderman on his best day hurt Aquaman"

Naw cant see it. Just like i cant aee him beating any other low herald. Best day or not

StiltmanFTW
Naw cant see it. Just like i cant aee him beating any other low herald. Best day or not

Check your eyes, then.

https://tinyurl.com/yyzmoaaj

https://tinyurl.com/y67oqqkr

Booya_69
Spidey swinging a steel sign post with his webs at full strength would most likely impale aquaman.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Booya_69
Spidey swinging a steel sign post with his webs at full strength would most likely impale aquaman. I'm quite certain the intention here is Spider-Man using only his fists and feet to hurt AM.

lawest9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I'm quite certain the intention here is Spider-Man using only his fists and feet to hurt AM.

Sin I AM
Check your eyes, then.

https://tinyurl.com/yyzmoaaj

https://tinyurl.com/y67oqqkr
So that was a straight up fight no context

StiltmanFTW
Had no idea Parm owned a parrot.

https://media4.giphy.com/media/3o8dp1g2zZL1hQKOME/giphy.gif

StiltmanFTW
So that was a straight up fight no context

Amnesiac Parker, with his bare hands, tore right through the same armor that withstood Waidhulk.

There. That's your context.

Parmaniac
What exact comic was that? The art is abyssmal.

Sin I AM
Amnesiac Parker, with his bare hands, tore right through the same armor that withstood Waidhulk.

There. That's your context.

Not convinced. AM annihilates the bug

8swords

de ja vu? honestly feel like this happened before with you saying peter cant do it..

as for the thread, stilt posted about the firelord feat and him taking a beating from the PF5, spiderman beats aquaman.

dont have the scans, but he also killed morlun, who tanked vibranium bullets, using his arm spikes..

-Pr-
Apart from Stilt bringing up Firelord (which we literally have a rule about), I really don't see why Spider-Man can't hurt Aquaman as a high feat. He's a bit haxx like that.

Plus, Aquaman is just standing there.

Booya_69

Stoic
Yes he can, now bare with me a moment. Using mini Phoenix avatars as a means of being able to answer the OP's question is the wrong place to start imo.

Let's look at Pete's actual rogues to get a proper gauge. I could be wrong, but I believe that if Morlun were an Aquaman rouge, that we'd see titantic battles between them, as I see them to be roughly within the same weight class (Morlun may actually be stronger, and tougher).

Pete hurt Morlun, so I do believe that he could injure Arthur, and it wouldn't necessarily have to be on his best day.

cdtm
Does he get the Iron Spider armor?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by cdtm
Does he get the Iron Spider armor? Irrelevant, he diesn't need it

StiltmanFTW
What exact comic was that? The art is abyssmal.

Amazing Spider-Man: Who Am I?

Apart from Stilt bringing up Firelord (which we literally have a rule about)

Firelord is a chump compared to Tony, who takes out confirmed planet-buster heralds:

Originally posted by abhilegend
https://i.postimg.cc/bG3YzYJb/im2020001-preview-3.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/N9FsLh9n/im2020001-preview-4.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/bS2qHQRH/im2020001-preview-5.jpg

laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
Not convinced. AM annihilates the bug

Post-Crisis Arthur got hurt by Batman and Joker. So round 1 is a walk in the park.

N52 had several unresolved fights with Killer Croc in which he got knocked on his ass and still bleeds from bullets, even if they don't penetrate deep.

No-selling attacks is not something Arthur excels at.

StiltmanFTW
Irrelevant, he diesn't need it

Put him on ignore before he gives you brain damage.

-Pr-
Amazing Spider-Man: Who Am I?

Firelord is a chump compared to Tony, who takes out confirmed planet-buster heralds:

So do you want the rule changed to SPvIM instead?

Post-Crisis Arthur got hurt by Batman and Joker. So round 1 is a walk in the park.

N52 had several unresolved fights with Killer Croc in which he got knocked on his ass and still bleeds from bullets, even if they don't penetrate deep.

Just because we're using high showings from Spider-Man doesn't mean using low showings from Aquaman.

Unresolved? In JLvs SS? Croc was shown either running away or getting beaten down. There's one panel of Aquaman on the ground. And they had to nerf Aquaman to even make it a contest.

No, that's true. He's more about perseverance than pure invulnerability.

StiltmanFTW
So do you want the rule changed to SPvIM instead?

How many times does he need to repeat it?

Just because we're using high showings from Spider-Man doesn't mean using low showings from Aquaman.

His archnemesis is a mentally ill dude wearing a manta costume, ffs.

Unresolved? In JLvs SS? Croc was shown either running away or getting beaten down. There's one panel of Aquaman on the ground. And they had to nerf Aquaman to even make it a contest.

Terrible showings for Aquaman, considering KC's awful track record against... anyone or anything that actually tries to fight him back, really.

No, that's true. He's more about perseverance than pure invulnerability.

Yes.

It's a dumb thread.

cdtm

Was just wondering if he gets a handicap.

Arthur gets pretty clearly beaten down, unless Peter is wearing the Iron Spider downgrade.

cdtm

Terrible showings for Aquaman, considering KC's awful track record against... anyone or anything that actually tries to fight him back, really.

Yes.

It's a dumb thread.

Stilt, Crock has his really good showings too. Was beating down Bane with two broken arms, for example. After smashing his Venom injector, but still.

Totally shrugged off getting clobbered in the back of the head by Jean-Paul in the issue Bane broke those arms.

Sin I AM

Oh so one's feats are cherry picked and the others are lowballed. Got it

-Pr-

Yes.

It's a dumb thread.

Well if you're not gonna take it seriously...

Philosophía
https://i.ibb.co/ypvhtXK/8vG2zaX.jpg

?

Well..

https://i.ibb.co/R9d3wgH/VRIPQBS.jpg

Not sure how much of a low showing it is, tbh. I'd argue not at all.

StiltmanFTW
Eat thor filth, Phil haw-som

Originally posted by cdtm
Stilt, Crock has his really good showings too. Was beating down Bane with two broken arms, for example. After smashing his Venom injector, but still.

He wasn't really winning that fight, even if he has one or two good panels there.

Badabing
"On his best day", he murders Arthur and forces pr to watch the whole thing. I'm not sure if I should side with Pr or Stilt...mmm

ShadowFyre

He can hurt him dressed as Parker or not dressed at all.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
He can hurt him dressed as Parker or not dressed at all.

I like the way you think thumb up

https://tinyurl.com/yy32vp37

h1a8
Not beats. Murders.

Stoic just to correct some logic. A good feat for a character can be view as a bad feat for another character. In comics, a character can resist billions of tons of force in one scene and feel pain to a few pounds of force in another scene.

So Spidey doing well against Firelord could easily mean that Firelord's durability was operating at a very low level or that Spidey's strength was operating at a very high level. We don't know unless we use other evidence. There were no shockwaves from the strikes by Spidey, Spidey didn't hit them many feet away, etc. Therefore, those character's durability were operating at a low level.

One more thing. Thing can lift no more than 200 tons. Yet he has hurt Hulk and other beings.

h1a8
On Spidey's best day I would assume 100-500 ton strength. So maybe a tiny sting, if that.

beatboks

The same post crisis Arthur has gone toe to toe with Conner Kent and taken his blows.

Also fought and withsood the blows of warrior Guy Gardner with his alien shape shifing DNA (same Guy was out muscling Major Force)

In JLA got punched by Dianna through a wall across a city block of Atlantis and through another wall and he got straight back up and came back into the fight.

Lowballing does noone favors ot even the argument of the one lowballing

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
Stoic just to correct some logic. A good feat for a character can be view as a bad feat for another character. In comics, a character can resist billions of tons of force in one scene and feel pain to a few pounds of force in another scene.

So Spidey doing well against Firelord could easily mean that Firelord's durability was operating at a very low level or that Spidey's strength was operating at a very high level. We don't know unless we use other evidence. There were no shockwaves from the strikes by Spidey, Spidey didn't hit them many feet away, etc. Therefore, those character's durability were operating at a low level.

One more thing. Thing can lift no more than 200 tons. Yet he has hurt Hulk and other beings.

That's some dangerous logic right there. Lack of shockwaves doesn't mean anything.

h1a8
That's some dangerous logic right there. Lack of shockwaves doesn't mean anything.

As a clue that a 20 tonner is hitting in the million ton range.
No clue means he's not.

-Pr-
Him hurting the character he's hitting is a clue in and of itself.

cdtm
Originally posted by beatboks
The same post crisis Arthur has gone toe to toe with Conner Kent and taken his blows.

Also fought and withsood the blows of warrior Guy Gardner with his alien shape shifing DNA (same Guy was out muscling Major Force)

In JLA got punched by Dianna through a wall across a city block of Atlantis and through another wall and he got straight back up and came back into the fight.

Never saw Major Force as that tough.

I mean, a noob Kyle beat him.

Agree about Guy.

StiltmanFTW

Toe to toe?

He got raped on land.

h1a8
Him hurting the character he's hitting is a clue in and of itself. Not when characters are often downplayed. How can we quantify the force a character (far outside their weight class) is hitting with when either they could either be stronger than normal, the character they are hurting weaker in durability than normal, or a combination of both?

We seen characters tank millions of tons of pressure but get hurt (or feel pain) to forces less than 100 tons all the time.
Difference between Low showings to high showings can range in the astronomical amount.

Spider-Man is technically around the 20 ton range (50 ton optimally). The writer definitely didn't view Spidey with million ton strength when hitting Firelord. But rather, He viewed firelord's durability at a level slightly above optimal Spidey (50ton range or so).

Stoic
Spiderman has exhibited 100 ton strength feats. Just putting that out there. He can injure Aquaman. Look at his fights with Morlun.

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
Spiderman has exhibited 100 ton strength feats. Just putting that out there. He can injure Aquaman. Look at his fights with Morlun. I know. But in the mind of the writer, what strength level was he at? Clearly no writer thinks Spidey can press small mountains or lift aircraft carriers.

CosmicComet
100 tons is just a truck sized boulder.

Not that big.

Of course spidey can lift that, he has braced a whole building.

StiltmanFTW
100 tons indeed ain't much, that's why we never thought much of Marvel's official strength rating system based on "classes".

There are tanks that weigh close to 100 tons.

MrMind

stilt lowballing aquaman? laughing out loud noooooo, can't be

h1a8
Originally posted by CosmicComet
100 tons is just a truck sized boulder.

Not that big.

Of course spidey can lift that, he has braced a whole building. Spidey can only lift that in extreme rare circumstances. Like 0.1% of the time. The building feat is an outlier.

CosmicComet
He's lifted machinery that's been described as weighing as much as a train iirc. So hundreds of tons too.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind
stilt lowballing aquaman? laughing out loud noooooo, can't be

beatboks's post is pure wanking and the very first paragraph is 100% wrong.

Conner made Arthur his b!tch.

Aquaman looked good during their underwater rematch, but was f*cking useless on land.

StiltmanFTW
PS. I'm gonna sit on your face, MrMind

MrMind
nice

let me hit this crack pipe real quick

Parmaniac
https://s8d3.turboimg.net/t1/60047934_1627072.jpg https://s8d3.turboimg.net/t1/60047935_4775111.jpg Have fun doing the calculations thumb up

h1a8
Originally posted by CosmicComet
He's lifted machinery that's been described as weighing as much as a train iirc. So hundreds of tons too.

Scans?

h1a8
Have fun doing the calculations thumb up

What are quantifiable carbondium feats?

beatboks
beatboks's post is pure wanking and the very first paragraph is 100% wrong.

Conner made Arthur his b!tch.

Aquaman looked good during their underwater rematch, but was f*cking useless on land.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2049404-aquaman_fight_skill_1.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2049415-aquaman_vv_superboy_2.jpg

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/3/30145/2049414-aquaman_v_superboy_3.jpg

What exactly is wrong about it?
I said he has gone toe to toe, and he has. He even says he was holding back

StiltmanFTW
Scans out of context, in wrong order.

Again, he was shitstomped on land.

https://tinyurl.com/y4hx28oh

https://tinyurl.com/y2q4r6x7

Who cares what he can do underwater? We rarely ever make underwater matches on kmc.

beatboks
Scans out of context, in wrong order.

Again, he was shitstomped on land.

https://tinyurl.com/y4hx28oh

https://tinyurl.com/y2q4r6x7

Who cares what he can do underwater? We rarely ever make underwater matches on kmc.

Consession accepted

That isnt a "shitstomp"

Nevermind the fact your own scans show exactly what I said. He took Conner's punches. He got knocked to the ground but wasn't damaged. Did you not notice he got straight back up? Or that Conner even confirmed he was holding back (when he stated Arthur hadnt tried to slash him with the hook hand). Other than that a punch and a brief pin under foot.

Conner has greater striking power than Peter and he "didnt hurt him" knocking the wind out of him that didnt even stop him from getting straight back on his feat, clearly shows he wasnt hurt.

Here are aome others massively stronger than Peter who have used that strength to punch him with no significant damage

https://m.imgur.com/MEZJxx5

https://m.imgur.com/4BhPJzF

https://m.imgur.com/a/tnkIv

https://m.imgur.com/Jq5b0U5

Being punched by a angry Lobo, WW, a Malefic possessed MMH, and an Eclipso possessed Powergirl are all greater durability feats than Conner Kent as he was portrayed at that early stage (later on Conner got more impressive). Given we see that the WW punch sent him through a wall, across a city block and thru another we have confirmation she wasnt hilding back.
You can add to that
Ergo

Theres alao things like this
https://m.imgur.com/rmCyXbf
But that was with the water hand and it had healing regenerative propeties so not feats you can apply as standard

Here on the other hand we have Arthur taking a little damage (though to out completely just for a 10 count) after Orion blasta him with the freakin astro force

https://m.imgur.com/a/ybAU7

Similarly hes tanked martian vision, starro and Amazo blasts, missiles to the Chest, laser blasts, black manta blasts, but Batman and Joker Aren't lowballing? Sure they're not

StiltmanFTW
It is very much a shitstomp. You have to be blind not to be able to see it that way.

Underwater performance is meaningless and he was aided by his sidekicks there.

carthage
He got thrown down leaped up and threw two weak ass blows that Connor didnt even register.
That's not exactly a good showing, unless you count him not breaking his arms into jelly or something.

beatboks
Originally posted by carthage
He got thrown down leaped up and threw two weak ass blows that Connor didnt even register.
That's not exactly a good showing, unless you count him not breaking his arms into jelly or something.

We are talking about his durability and the ability he has to take blows. It is a good showing for that. I never said he beat Superboy, I said he took his blows. Stilts scans show that he did, as you said yourself he leapt backup (Superboy didn'tput him down). Arthur isn't in Conner's weight class for strength, his blows shouldnt do much to Conner (out of water). He can however (out of water) take blows and remain undamaged from people in Conner's weight class as I've shown he has taken blows from Lobo, WW(angry), MMH(possessed), Powergirl (possessed) and Conner. All are well above Spidey's weght class, and most pf those showings are of them using their strength at a level that characyer normally wouldn't vs him (if they weren't possessed or angry).

I could just as easily show scans of a building being dropped on him, or a ship. Of explosions thay sink ships not dropping him. Arthur's blunt force durability and impact durability from explosions is pretty good.

In an actual fight I'd say Spidey wins. He had a distinct speed, agility and reflex advantage. His webbing should also allow him to incapacitate Arthur for at least a 10 count. That isnt what is being asked, and based on feats Peter cant produce concussive force that matches those Arthur has withstood the blows of. With both operating at their best without PIS showings I cant see Spidey doing significant damage. Stilt can low ball all he wants with streets doing what the plot required to make them relevant its still just a plot win and doesnt stand up under analysis when compared to the bulk of his feats.

DarkSaint85

Who/what Wolverine is cutting in that scan?

A demon from Limbo.

StiltmanFTW
thumb up

You've been repping Magik a lot lately.

DarkSaint85
Lol well, put it this way:

If you're fighting a group of filthy Kryptonians, and one of your team happens to literally have a Kryptonite sword...

She's actually quite underrated. I haven't even begun to go into her lightspeed reaction feats etc.

StiltmanFTW
She is very versatile.

Definitely not your ordinary mutant, but one of those "lol I can do anything depending on the writer" types.

Philosophía
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lol well, put it this way:

If you're fighting a group of filthy Kryptonians, and one of your team happens to literally have a Kryptonite sword...

She's actually quite underrated. I haven't even begun to go into her lightspeed reaction feats etc. Jon would make Magik his sex slave.

-Pr-
Originally posted by h1a8
Not when characters are often downplayed. How can we quantify the force a character (far outside their weight class) is hitting with when either they could either be stronger than normal, the character they are hurting weaker in durability than normal, or a combination of both?

We seen characters tank millions of tons of pressure but get hurt (or feel pain) to forces less than 100 tons all the time.
Difference between Low showings to high showings can range in the astronomical amount.

Spider-Man is technically around the 20 ton range (50 ton optimally). The writer definitely didn't view Spidey with million ton strength when hitting Firelord. But rather, He viewed firelord's durability at a level slightly above optimal Spidey (50ton range or so).

You're making a ****-ton of assumptions there.

DarkSaint85

Philosophía
https://media.tenor.com/images/7b2e140aff7a2a013b688c827782bd8d/tenor.png

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.