Could Cosmic Thor solo Krakoa?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
No BFR
To the death
*Thor has to kill every mutant one Krakoa
Can he make mutants extinct?

MrMind
yes

Magnon
No, he can't.

There's a ridiculous amount of versatility, powers, and skills available for the Krakoans. For example, Rogue could absorb Kurt's and Kitty's powers, and go 'port/phase Thor's head off. Add in some speedster powers from Pietro or Aurora or such, and Thor wouldn't even have time to react. Or Yana could teleport her Soulsword deep into Thor's innards, and have its magic-destruction-whammy do its thing. Or all the telepaths could combine their forces, and freeze Thor in place (figuratively). Or they could unlock Bobby's full power, and have him do it (literally). Or simply have Rogue (suitably amped with various mutant powers) absorb Thor's powers. Or, have the Krakoans do all of the above at the same time.

MrMind
Thor can just oneshot with god blast

dude owned amped galactus

normal galactus has beaten skyfathers who destroy galaxies

Adam Grimes
Thor wins

Philosophía
Krakoa stomps.

ShadowFyre
Out of character he could easily destroy the planet and probably the entire system.

In character and Krakoa has any type of prep they should be able to mount something that could beat him. A lot of haxx powers going on.

Glorificus
Isn't Franklin Richards on Krakoa now with the X-men?

If so, then Thor loses, though he'd take down a lot of casualties with him.

Rage.Of.Olympus

DarkSaint85
Krakoa wins.

Could he solo? Yeah he could. Would he? No.

Classic NES
I mean he could unleash a wave of Anti-Force from orbit and vaporize the island. Same with God-Blast which would be overkill. So, depending on if they know he's coming or not it goes differently.

StyleTime
Krakoa is home to people like Jamie Braddock, Hope Summers, and possibly Legion(admittedly, unclear on that. Legion's status is being kept hidden by Hickman for story purposes. He seems to be "around" but not sure where).

Not to mention folks like Elixir, who can revive himself after death(he's done this), then revive a time manipulator like Tempus to do whatever shenanigans they want.

This isn't just Nightcrawler and Wolverine here. It's not even just X-Men. He's up against all manner of reality warpers, time manipulators, magic users, psychics and several fringe powersets. Krakoa might have the largest variety of hax in one place at the moment. Even death doesn't mean the same thing to them anymore in universe.

I'm not saying Cosmic Thor won't display other things in time, but hitting really hard simply won't do the trick. I'm not singling Thor here out either. I'd feel sorry for any lone hero fighting a forum mode Krakoa.

Sin I AM
If they arent jobbed they should beat him

CatL18
If Franklin Richards is in, Krakoa stomps.
Otherwise, Thor stomps.

StiltmanFTW

MrMind
Originally posted by StyleTime
Krakoa is home to people like Jamie Braddock, Hope Summers, and possibly Legion(admittedly, unclear on that. Legion's status is being kept hidden by Hickman for story purposes. He seems to be "around" but not sure where).

Not to mention folks like Elixir, who can revive himself after death(he's done this), then revive a time manipulator like Tempus to do whatever shenanigans they want.

This isn't just Nightcrawler and Wolverine here. It's not even just X-Men. He's up against all manner of reality warpers, time manipulators, magic users, psychics and several fringe powersets. Krakoa might have the largest variety of hax in one place at the moment. Even death doesn't mean the same thing to them anymore in universe.

I'm not saying Cosmic Thor won't display other things in time, but hitting really hard simply won't do the trick. I'm not singling Thor here out either. I'd feel sorry for any lone hero fighting a forum mode Krakoa.

What's Jamie Braddock best feats

Franklin is depowered

Krakoa's best.hope is legion, if he's included which I don't think he is

Or else they have no chance

From what I've read of what Hickman wrote so far, most of the major players are getting one shotted

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by MrMind
they have no chance.

From what I've read of what Hickman wrote so far, most of the major players are getting one shotted
Welcome

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HKV9AW12gT0/TB9px7dkS-I/AAAAAAAAFuo/kVvX-EZPXfo/s1600/440px-ThorCorps442.jpg

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Jubilee handles that hammer for him while he fisticuffs Krakoa out of existence.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by StyleTime

I'm not sure why Hope or Jamie Braddock would make a difference. The OF alone would make Thor powerful enough to take on the Phoenix itself, and from what I can tell, Braddock is a limited quantum/reality warper*.

Legion would make a difference at his very peak (I.e. wiping out Elder Gods and putting the Universe in a box) but when we're dealing with the power scaling of that story-arc he shouldn't be enough.

Galactus with five regular planets would beat Adult Franklin imo and smoke Legion. Thor owned him when he had five of those super ones, and should be way way more powerful than he was against the Mad Celestials for example.

*Braddock seems to be very limited from what I've been reading in his current story. Very fallible, open to damaged, and limited with his warping. I could be wrong?

Damborgson
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Welcome

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HKV9AW12gT0/TB9px7dkS-I/AAAAAAAAFuo/kVvX-EZPXfo/s1600/440px-ThorCorps442.jpg

Finally.

darthgoober

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by Damborgson
Finally.
Huzzah!

Stoic
Originally posted by CatL18
If Franklin Richards is in, Krakoa stomps.
Otherwise, Thor stomps.

Do we truly know for a fact that Franklin would be able to defeat Cosmic King Thor?

He solos at this point. Franklin's full abilities are locked off. Galactus alone should be able to eat the entire planet that Krakoa is on.

krisblaze
Originally posted by darthgoober
Tbf, that is kinda true of Rogue. Think about it, if she takes powers from the likes of Sage, Tempo(or Sway if you prefer), Domino, Magik, Vulcan, and Multiple Man... Well exactly how many characters can you think of that could bring down 100+ Omega level energy manipulating Mentats who's every conscious action is guided by luck and also has with the sword/sorcery of a Hell Lord and the ability to speed up/slow down time for everyone in their general vicinity? Personally, I'd say that such a character alone would be too much for the likes of Odin or Galactus to handle.

Don't get me wrong because I know the Galactus Thor brought down was supposed to be more powerful than ever so I won't go so far as to make a definitive claim that she could solo Herald Thor(or even that she could/would absorb those characters before dying herself), I'm just saying that such a combination should at least be a threat to all but the uppermost echelons of the cosmic hierarchy.
It's a bit tricky with Rogue.
Sometimes her powers just add cumulatively onto one another, in which case I don't think she'd ever really approach Odin or Galactus. Oftentimes she'll just get another power.

If it's the case like it was with Thor, where she'd experience some kind of expotential growth then by all rights Rogue would rocket above skyfathers and such.

Rage.Of.Olympus

StyleTime
Just a general response here.

I referenced Hope earlier because she's what the forums want Rogue to be. Well, in terms of powerset. Their characters serve entirely different purposes obviously. Hope has the whole mimic thing without any of the drawbacks though, and doesn't need to touch people. If you fight her on a place like Krakoa or Utopia, you can basically play Build-a-Hope. She could go back in time, freeze Thor in place, and teleport Wolverine in to cut his head off. Or phase his brain out. Or whatever creative and convoluted thing you want to put together.

And Fantomex misdirects Thor while the Krakoan telepaths psi-bomb him in the present. There's like 70% of Marvel's telepaths currently on the island.

Even if Thor destroys Krakoa as some suggested, does it really accomplish anything on the forum? Jamie or Elixir could just bring themselves and whoever else right back to life.

I'm not saying there is no level of abstract power that would counteract these things. I'm just pointing out that people are stuck on Thor's destructive capacity. The relevant mutant abilities here don't scale based on conventional power. They sidestep the power disparity due to haxx, and we don't really know much other than Thor hits hard.

Sure, we can give him the benefit of the doubt since it's the Power Cosmic. Presumably, he has other tricks. This sure isn't as cut-and-dry as "lol punch the island" though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.