Sentry(MERGED) VERSUS Knull (PREDICTIONS)2021

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordofBrooklyn
SENTRY

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ch-kClEigf4/hqdefault.jpg

VERSUS

KNULL

https://media.comicbook.com/2018/10/10-villains-for-venom-sequel-knull-1137332.jpeg

WHO WINS?

MrMind
Knull

carver9
Originally posted by MrMind
Knull

xJLxKing
They gonna fight?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by xJLxKing
They gonna fight?

Cates pulled another one of his teases with a Stegman Sentry drawing that appears to reference SENTRY Vol 3. #4 and #5 and has Sentry as "The God Of Light" to counter Knull as "The God of Darkness" for the upcoming "KING IN BLACK" event.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
Cates pulled another one of his teases with a Stegman Sentry drawing that appears to reference SENTRY Vol 3. #4 and #5 and has Sentry as "The God Of Light" to counter Knull as "The God of Darkness" for the upcoming "KING IN BLACK" event.
Oh wow
In that case, money is on sentry

SS already defeated knoll

MrMind
Wut

LordofBrooklyn
Wut

Go read SENTRY Vol. 3 #4 and #5.

There are images that seem to back the claim that there is some attachment to Knull.

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Oh wow
In that case, money is on sentry

SS already defeated knoll

How did he defeat Knull though? Im pretty sure it wasnt a normal portrayal of SS power

Stoic
Let's hope that they don't botch the series. My money is on the Sentry.

Adam Grimes
Sentry god of light lol.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Marvel has no idea what to do with Sentry lmao

tkitna
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Marvel has no idea what to do with Sentry lmao

I know. It sucks. Too powerful to write him into stories.

Adam Grimes
laughing out loud

abhilegend
It's hilarious you think that's the issue. He is barely a character now, nobody knows how to write him.

abhilegend
I mean characters like Endless and Lucifer have ongoings for hundreds of issues and Sentry is supposed to be too powerful for stories.

laughing out loud

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by abhilegend
I mean characters like Endless and Lucifer have ongoings for hundreds of issues and Sentry is supposed to be too powerful for stories.

laughing out loud

laughing and YOU think writers know how to write SUPERMAN?

abhilegend
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing and YOU think writers know how to write SUPERMAN?
ermm

What's that has to do with anything?

Adam Grimes
laughing and YOU think writers know how to write SUPERMAN? 🤔

AlbertoJohnAvil
Sentry has better development despite being ridicilously powerful

Insane Titan
laughing out loud

Adam Grimes
Sentry has better development despite being ridicilously powerful What's his development

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
What's his development

He's CrAZyy🤣

ShadowFyre
Sorry, didn't finish. He's gotten crazier. Amazing development.

abhilegend
Sentry has better development despite being ridicilously powerful
Don't let the edge cut you.

tkitna

laughing out loud

Its true though. Writers cant seem to figure out if he should be written with normal hero characters or be written above them. How many times has he been written out of storylines because he just to powerful and could have ended the conflict within a panel or so? Happens a bunch.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by tkitna
Its true though. Writers cant seem to figure out if he should be written with normal hero characters or be written above them. How many times has he been written out of storylines because he just to powerful and could have ended the conflict within a panel or so? Happens a bunch.

That happens with a lot of characters, though.

Let's do DC.

WW is powerful enough to lasso the Phantom Stranger, in his place of power. She gets plenty of stories.

Batman can pull Bat Dicks out of his belt, faces down literal universal threats alone, no one outpreps him, heralds are unable to kill him....yet he still gets plenty of stories.

Let's do Marvel.
Thor is able to drain AMPED Galactus, is the Allfather of Asgard (and has all the power that comes with it), has the full unlimited Power Cosmic.....yet is in many a story.

Black Panther has the resources of an entire country (the most technologically advanced in Marvel), has haxx weaponry that lets him take punches give other heralds concussions, no one outpreps him....yet has plenty of stories.

abhilegend
When is he written out of story for being too powerful?

Booya_69

MrMind
tkitna/enzeru is having a stroke as we speak

i better go now, before he report me to the mod again

Enzeru
By heart says Sentry, but my brain says Knull.

I'm certain that Donny Cates really, really likes the Sentry. He brought him in the issues of Doctor Strange after the events of Uncanny Avengers. He had Sentry play an important role in Marvel Knights. He kept mentioning him in other comics. And now he is bringing him back. As I said, probably because he simply likes the character.

I still think that he'll have Knull win the fight, if there is a fight between them. But Knull will very likely have to work for it, or even cheat.

Sentry being a god of light (probably not a literal one) sounds interesting. I'm already working on a video for that and scripting my theories. One of the theories: Sentry will wear his golden suit again.

Diesldude

tkitna
tkitna/enzeru is having a stroke as we speak

i better go now, before he report me to the mod again

Your not going to get upset and start posting pictures of yourself again are you?

tkitna
When is he written out of story for being too powerful?

The space worm, running away from Hammond Torch, Cloc overloading Sentrys emotions, flying into space and leaving the earth numerous times in fear he might destroy it, etc. Those are just a couple of examples.

We have a character that has the strength of Superman, is a reality warper, and cant die. He's too powerful.

abhilegend
The space worm, running away from Hammond Torch, Cloc overloading Sentrys emotions, flying into space and leaving the earth numerous times in fear he might destroy it, etc. Those are just a couple of examples.

You're using his outright defeats as him being too powerful to write?

He is only one thing at a time though. Every writer has a different idea of what his powers are, it's not about him being too powerful, it's him being too much of a pain to write. The character is a total mess. That's why most writers don't want to write him.

TheHulkster

laughing out loud

They're not costumed superheroes.

abhilegend
ermm

tkitna
You're using his outright defeats as him being too powerful to write?

Outright defeats? This is why nobody can talk to you on these boards. For the examples I listed-

Nobody on these boards thinks that Hammond Human Torch can beat the Sentry. Its laughable to even entertain that thought. The writer had to get rid of Sentry so that the story could progress and to show the Invaders as some kind of threat. Hell, in the same series they show Namor punch Sentry once and the Sentry wasnt involved for several panels afterwards. The same Namor that couldnt mount one single offensive attack against him during another encounter. Face it, the writer had to get rid of Sentry because he could easily solo the entire Invaders team. It happened in comics numerous times.

Defeated? Cloc overwhelmed him with emotions because Iron Man was a panel away from dying.

Defeated? The silly Space Worm was written in because the Wasp was a second away from being killed. A lot of people like to bring up the Space Worm because of how ridiculous the writers solution was to get Sentry out of the story for awhile. Sure, a giant worm can incapacitate a character that can transport and has molecular manipilation. Lol.

The Sentry gets written out of stories way to often due to his powerset. Its just the facts.

tkitna

He is only one thing at a time though. Every writer has a different idea of what his powers are, it's not about him being too powerful, it's him being too much of a pain to write. The character is a total mess. That's why most writers don't want to write him.

So your basically saying that writers cant handle a character with more than one power? You might be right. Sentry seems to be proof of this since he has so many different powers at a writers disposal. He being written out of so many stories actually proves your above statement. It really is pretty much the writers laziness and lack of creativity that makes it so much easier to just write him out.

Galan007
What about the Fat Cobra showing?

Enzeru

The silly Space Worm was written in because the Wasp was a second away from being killed. A lot of people like to bring up the Space Worm because of how ridiculous the writers solution was to get Sentry out of the story for awhile. Sure, a giant worm can incapacitate a character that can transport and has molecular manipilation.

The Space Worm incident was such a weird moment on so many levels, because it was written by the same writer (Rick Remender), who wrote the following other scenes:

- He had Sentry casually catch the bullet of a highly powered Skrull sniper rifle. To my knowledge bullets fired by regular rifles can't even reach 4 miles and that Skrull sniper rifle bullet was still traveling in a straight line after those 4 miles. That should tell you something about the speed of that bullet relative to Sentrys speed.

- After catching the bullet and spotting Punisher, Sentry appears behind Punisher, before Punisher can finish a thought.

- In the Uncanny Avengers book, Wolverine hears a sonic boom hundreds of miles away and before he can even warn his teammates, Sentry is already there and has grabbed Thor.

- And later on Sentry takes off more than fast enough carrying a planet sized object (Exitars dead body).

(And there are other instances, where Sentry is fast to a point, where the worm should have been frozen in time for him. But in such a properly written comic, both Wasp and Thor would have been dead. But obviously you can't have that. And with such a powerful character, you quickly end up writing yourself into a corner.)

In a properly written comic, Sentry could have circled the world in the time it took him to realize that there is something big behind him, turn around and look up, say "Oh." and get swallowed.

Originally posted by Galan007

What about it?

abhilegend
Outright defeats? This is why nobody can talk to you on these boards. For the examples I listed-

Nobody on these boards thinks that Hammond Human Torch can beat the Sentry. Its laughable to even entertain that thought. The writer had to get rid of Sentry so that the story could progress and to show the Invaders as some kind of threat.

So your defence is that Hammond didn't overload Sentry because nobody believes it?

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11128/111284304/5671335-ht%208%20%28vs%20sentry%29.jpg
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11128/111284304/5602939-ht%209.jpg

That's not writing Sentry out of story, that's an outright defeat. Sentry ran away from Hammond. Is it a low showing? Yes. But you're citing a showing where the writer had human torch overload Sentry to tell how Sentry had to be written off because he was too powerful?

Are you on meds? Because this is ****ing idiotic.

Wow, who knew that the comic characters vary wildly? Your proof is that Namor didn't one punch Sentry again in another comic several years later?

Except that the writer gave Sentry multiple low showings when individual characters beat him. You are equating it as Sentry being too powerful?

Are you from bizarro world? Where did I say Iron man defeated him?

Yes, it can. It doesn't mean Sentry was too powerful idiot. Contrary to it.

Sure, if you are an idiot and think that Human Torch overloading Sentry means Sentry was too powerful.

Talk about delusions.

abhilegend
So your basically saying that writers cant handle a character with more than one power? You might be right. Sentry seems to be proof of this since he has so many different powers at a writers disposal. He being written out of so many stories actually proves your above statement. It really is pretty much the writers laziness and lack of creativity that makes it so much easier to just write him out.

No, they can. But Sentry is barely a character now, he is more like a weird hodgepodge of contradictory ideas. That's why Hawkman was banned from stories for a decade, not because he was too powerful.

Is this your rationale now?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Enzeru
The Space Worm incident was such a weird moment on so many levels, because it was written by the same writer (Rick Remender), who wrote the following other scenes:

- He had Sentry casually catch the bullet of a highly powered Skrull sniper rifle. To my knowledge bullets fired by regular rifles can't even reach 4 miles and that Skrull sniper rifle bullet was still traveling in a straight line after those 4 miles. That should tell you something about the speed of that bullet relative to Sentrys speed.

- After catching the bullet and spotting Punisher, Sentry appears behind Punisher, before Punisher can finish a thought.

- In the Uncanny Avengers book, Wolverine hears a sonic boom hundreds of miles away and before he can even warn his teammates, Sentry is already there and has grabbed Thor.

- And later on Sentry takes off more than fast enough carrying a planet sized object (Exitars dead body).

(And there are other instances, where Sentry is fast to a point, where the worm should have been frozen in time for him. But in such a properly written comic, both Wasp and Thor would have been dead. But obviously you can't have that. And with such a powerful character, you quickly end up writing yourself into a corner.)

In a properly written comic, Sentry could have circled the world in the time it took him to realize that there is something big behind him, turn around and look up, say "Oh." and get swallowed.

laughing out loud

Oh you Sentry fanboys. Always ready with another rationale as to why Sentry isn't invincible "The writer was in a corner, otherwise Sentry would have soloed everyone at the same time".

Always good for a chuckle.

abhilegend
But really guys, Hawkman is more powerful than Superman because Grant Morrison was allowed to use Superman in JLA but barred from using Hawkman.

Seriously.

abhilegend
Also Sentry was written off ass up here.

https://i.postimg.cc/Zn82wxkq/1471055862226.jpg

Too powerful for stories. No really.

Galan007
Sentry was also among the heroes who was stomped by C.A.P... And then C.A.P. was one-shotted by Reed's Anti-Galactus suit.

Not a terrible showing, I suppose, but still far from that cosmic realm of power that some think he constantly operates at.

Booya_69

abhilegend

tkitna
So your defence is that Hammond didn't overload Sentry because nobody believes it?

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11128/111284304/5671335-ht%208%20%28vs%20sentry%29.jpg
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11128/111284304/5602939-ht%209.jpg

That's not writing Sentry out of story, that's an outright defeat. Sentry ran away from Hammond. Is it a low showing? Yes. But you're citing a showing where the writer had human torch overload Sentry to tell how Sentry had to be written off because he was too powerful?

Overloaded him? He psyched him out by taking advantage of his mental state and having him believe he was overloading him. Again, a silly and easy way to write him out. A properly written Sentry would tear Hammonds android body apart in a mere second.

Again, its lazy writing just to get Sentry out of the picture. Sentry is so far above Namor that its comical. The writer showed Namor punch him and then we dont see Sentry again for eons. No explanation. No pictures depicting what happened. Just gone. Nobody believes he one shotted or KO'd Sentry, so what happened to him? Had to get rid of him somehow so they just quit showing him altogether. Lol.

And a bunch of those low showings are due to him being so powerful that they struggle to find believable ways for him to fit in certain storylines. Like the Namor example. Sentry has taken a punch from the Thing and it didnt even move or phase him, but we are to believe that Namor BFR'd or even KO'd him? A character that was laughing and casually talking while allowing WWH to punch him, struggles with Namor? See how silly that is? A guy that went head to head with Photon? Lol

You said my examples were outright defeats. You didnt specify which ones you were using so I took it you were including all of them.

laughing out loud You still believe that dont you? Hammond overloading a character that couldnt even kill himself when throwing himself in the sun. A character that can absorb energy from anywhere. A character that overloaded the Absorbing Man. A character who was destroying planets with his energy output. All of that and we are to believe he struggled with Hammond Human Torch? Come on man.

tkitna
Also Sentry was written off ass up here.

https://i.postimg.cc/Zn82wxkq/1471055862226.jpg

Too powerful for stories. No really.

laughing Now your using a comedy satire to prove your point?

tkitna
Sentry was also among the heroes who was stomped by C.A.P... And then C.A.P. was one-shotted by Reed's Anti-Galactus suit.

Not a terrible showing, I suppose, but still far from that cosmic realm of power that some think he constantly operates at.

Thats not a low showing in my opinion. The CAP robot was pretty legit. I mean it took another Reed construction to defeat it. A construction that was meant to go toe to toe with Galactus.

abhilegend
Overloaded him? He psyched him out by taking advantage of his mental state and having him believe he was overloading him. Again, a silly and easy way to write him out. A properly written Sentry would tear Hammonds android body apart in a mere second.

What psych out? Where is that stated in the comic?

Yeah, that's what a low showing is. Are you new to comics? It's not a way to write him out, it's just a low showing.

Why would I believe he wasn't oneshotted? For what purpose?

Yes, that's what a low showing is. Are you new to comics?

ermm

Yes, apparently the concept of a low showing is new to sentry fans.

abhilegend
laughing Now your using a comedy satire to prove your point?
Yes.

tkitna
What psych out? Where is that stated in the comic?

Dude, did you read the panels you posted. There isnt one instance where the Sentry was in pain or hurt. The Torch said he would overload him with fire (LOL. a character that has fought beings a million times more powerful than Hammond) and the Sentry actually believed him a flew away just incase he lost control. You know what would happened if he lost control? Again, to powerful.

The low showings are caused by lame attempts of the writers trying to write him out so the stories can progress.

Because Namor is incapable of doing it. If you truly believe he can, your even dumber than you come off as.

tkitna

I honestly dont know enough about Fat Cobra to judge that feat. I'm not sure what he's truly capable of. I will say that story was crap though as the Sentry was shown taking a hammer shot to the head and numerous other hits from him, but yet the Wasp, Black Panther, and Shuri were hurting him with kicks and stingers. Lol. Based on that, I dont know if Fat Cobras feat was legit or not. Has he ever done anything on that level before?

DarkSaint85
I honestly dont know enough about Fat Cobra to judge that feat. I'm not sure what he's truly capable of. I will say that story was crap though as the Sentry was shown taking a hammer shot to the head and numerous other hits from him, but yet the Wasp, Black Panther, and Shuri were hurting him with kicks and stingers. Lol. Based on that, I dont know if Fat Cobras feat was legit or not. Has he ever done anything on that level before?

He's a compatriot of Iron Fist. That should tell you all you need to know about his power levels lol.

Okoye was choking him out with her spear in that story as well.

In the Cancerverse, Susan Storm was able to hide an entire planet from him for days,then when he found them, she was able to enact a planetary shield against him and the entire Cancerverse.

abhilegend
Dude, did you read the panels you posted. There isnt one instance where the Sentry was in pain or hurt. The Torch said he would overload him with fire (LOL. a character that has fought beings a million times more powerful than Hammond) and the Sentry actually believed him a flew away just incase he lost control. You know what would happened if he lost control? Again, to powerful.

Yes, I did. Sentry was overpowered and he fled from the fight. Is there more to it? Not unless there is some scan I'm missing.

Yeah, that's what a low showing is. Read about Hulk vs a snake.

Good, now you understand what a low showing is. That's a progress.

And you are an idiot if you think the writer cared about that. Namor oneshotted Sentry, in that book. Deal with it.

tkitna
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Okoye was choking him out with her spear in that story as well.

That should tell you all you need to know about the writing in that book.

tkitna

And you are an idiot if you think the writer cared about that. Namor oneshotted Sentry, in that book. Deal with it.

Show me where that happened? Show me a Sentry lying on the ground KO'd after being punched by Namor.

abhilegend
Show me where that happened? Show me a Sentry lying on the ground KO'd after being punched by Namor.
For what purpose? He was punched, he disappeared from the rest of the comic. That's one punch KO right there. The same happened when Hercules and Hulkling one punched him in Civil War. He lost there as well.

tkitna
For what purpose? He was punched, he disappeared from the rest of the comic. That's one punch KO right there. The same happened when Hercules and Hulkling one punched him in Civil War. He lost there as well.

For what purpose? I just want to see the evidence thats what happened because being KO'd by Namor isnt really believable. Maybe Namor told him something like Hammond did so he would run away. Whatever it takes to get him out of the storyline.

Yeah, the Civil War example is a joke too. You have a character thats battled Galactus getting beat by Herc and Hulkling. Again, whatever it takes I guess.

abhilegend
For what purpose? I just want to see the evidence thats what happened because being KO'd by Namor isnt really believable. Maybe Namor told him something like Hammond did so he would run away. Whatever it takes to get him out of the storyline.

Yeah, not my problem. You can theorize anything. Sentry fans are well known for that.

Yeah, Sentry is the only character who has fought Galactus or has high showings. Heavens forbid if he has any low showing, it was the writer's fault!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.