Match Hal Jordan!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

abhilegend
Which of the below characters can match Hal's feats in last few years?

1. Detonate Warworld (Bigger than a star)
2. Threaten to destroy Mogo by residual energy
3. Kill a sun eater
4. Play pool with a sun sized planet

Gladiator
Thor (Worthy)
Silver Surfer
Worldbreaker Hulk
Thanos

MrMind
i dont think anybody can, maybe thanos

Stoic
They don't have Power Rings Abhi. This is like asking Hal to match the Hulk's lifting feats, or healing ability. You made this thread already.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by abhilegend

1. Detonate Warworld (Bigger than a star)
Since when?
mhmm

AlbertoJohnAvil
Abhi: Warworld bigger than a star

one issue before it gets destroyed stated to be the size of a planet:

https://i.postimg.cc/7b162MNq/wlr.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/crsRzc1J/tes.jpg

JBL
This thread is shameful. Poor abhil.

celeyhyga17
Isnt this the same Warworld that Sinestro took from Mongul during N52?

That thing was tiny.

carver9
All of ABHI fts need to be investigated.

-Pr-
You guys are hilarious.

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Since when?
mhmm Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Abhi: Warworld bigger than a star

one issue before it gets destroyed stated to be the size of a planet:

https://i.postimg.cc/7b162MNq/wlr.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/crsRzc1J/tes.jpg Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Isnt this the same Warworld that Sinestro took from Mongul during N52?

That thing was tiny.
Seems clear visuals can't be read by you lot.

So remember when Hal destroyed Warworld?

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/30278598/1335733.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/30278602/1716227.jpg.html

Rereading it, Warworld was actually shown bigger than Oa's star.

https://i.postimg.cc/BXtMWNRL/7602358-0566204669-zj9i-HRIIQ-x9bwr-Rf-Cdtn-Td-JNDD28-OTQrbir1woc-GJXin1yn-Yh1j-R3-Lcr5gdh-LLDVX12-IByk6-AOJ-s160.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/qzYQpydm/7602359-9775985641-y-X6-Fue-P6-KC3qxs-MTU-Eklob-SXPeye-RDSN-MNb-LGt-BIw-Yamk-EEI-K-u-fe-Cle-Vl-WIHls-K8a-go-YJZ-s160.jpg

That's why John said it was like a supernova.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11142/111426801/7602363-8917966154- jec6TYjtFlLvuUz7aOQdqHQ2dXZejltFgz_9vGmMwfxY_WzPkc
hxlt9pNfZ7cS9h64XY2dIWyXNI%3Ds1600.jpg

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
**** off troll.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
They don't have Power Rings Abhi. This is like asking Hal to match the Hulk's lifting feats, or healing ability. You made this thread already.
Its mostly energy blasts related thread.

celeyhyga17
Oh jeez..

facepalm

AlbertoJohnAvil

It was confirmed to be the size of the planet on panel BEFORE it got destroyed. That refutes ANY head canon you come up with. Take it up with THE writers, and that's obviously depth of field like I'VE said already. You can't argue its size based on it being in front and closer to us. You have one scan with no additional text that just shows Warworld in the foreground with the star in what could be the far away background rather than near it

carver9
Lol... ABHI is hilarious

celeyhyga17
Somebody correct me if im wrong, but isnt this the same Warworld Sinesteo took from Mongul during N52?

carver9
https://previews.123rf.com/images/feverpitched/feverpitched1612/feverpitched161200195/67419901-happy-mixed-race-hispanic-and-caucasian-family-portrait-in-front-of-house-.jpg

Family is taller than their home.

AlbertoJohnAvil
So when the object or person is closer to our eye sight and the sun/star is more in the background it means the object in front is larger ?
So Superman was nearly bigger than this star? laughing out loud

https://i.postimg.cc/Mck86HFv/pslt.jpg

but Let's see when the sun/star is more in the foreground and the object is closer to it:
They're smaller right?
https://i.postimg.cc/ZvN8hfB9/yes.jpg

This is embarassing
laughing out loud

JBL
Wow! I just have to know whose worse, diesldude or abhil? If we ever get visited by aliens, I pray that those two don't represent our planet. They would think they could take our planet with water balloons.

Sin I AM

Let's look at them

1. He did detonate Warworld but i don't remember it being bigger than a star...even if it was size doesn't really take away or add anything to the feat. It in an of itself is impressive.

2. Non-feat

3. Impressive

4. Impressive

carver9
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
So when the object or person is closer to our eye sight and the sun/star is more in the background it means the object in front is larger ?

but Let's see when the sun/star is more in the foreground and the object is closer to it:
They're smaller right?

This is embarassing
laughing out loud

Batman and Superman, sun size.

Diesldude
Originally posted by JBL
Wow! I just have to know whose worse, diesldude or abhil? If we ever get visited by aliens, I pray that those two don't represent our planet. They would think they could take our planet with water balloons. carvers thirsty lips must have done a good job cause you two came back quick

xJLxKing
Very few

Hal has some of the craziest feats the last few years. Dudes a living embodiment of willpower

abhilegend
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Oh jeez..

facepalm Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Somebody correct me if im wrong, but isnt this the same Warworld Sinesteo took from Mongul during N52? Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil

They're smaller right?

This is embarassing
laughing out loud
Seems retarded is the flavor of the week.

But sure, John randomly said it was a supernova level explosion. Sure.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Wow! I just have to know whose worse, diesldude or abhil? If we ever get visited by aliens, I pray that those two don't represent our planet. They would think they could take our planet with water balloons.
Shut up idiot.

carver9
Couldve sworn we have seen this ship explode recently in a fight with Mongul and Superman and the explosion wasn't close to super Nova.

abhilegend
Couldve sworn we have seen this ship explode recently in a fight with Mongul and Superman and the explosion wasn't close to super Nova.
Different warworld carter.

krisblaze
Mastering scale and perspective isn't a prerequisite to drawing comics.

It ****ing should be, but it ain't.

MrMind
https://i.imgur.com/0T9WoPK.png

https://i.imgur.com/uQbTJdR.png

carver9
Glad you have me on ignore. Lol

DarkSaint85
Lmao.

So let me get this straight.

When Proxima Midnight used her spear on Hulk, everyone jizzes all over it, because the word 'supernova ' was used. Never mind the fact that it was OBVIOUSLY a tiny tiny supernova.

Now, all manner of mental gymnastics is being used, even though Warworld - ALSO a supernova, btw - is way larger than Proxima Midnight's spear?

Philosophía
Originally posted by MrMind
https://i.imgur.com/0T9WoPK.png

https://i.imgur.com/uQbTJdR.png Same but I see carver. But he is legit entertainingly bad at everything.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lmao.

When Proxima Midnight used her spear on Hulk, everyone jizzes all over it, because the word 'supernova ' was used. Never mind the fact that it was OBVIOUSLY a tiny tiny supernova.

Now, all manner of mental gymnastics is being used, even though Warworld - ALSO a supernova, btw - is way larger than Proxima Midnight's spear?

Sinestro #14 shows Warworld in the foreground being smaller than a background planet

DarkSaint85
What does that have to do with the size of Proxima Midnight's spear, which was shown to be smaller than...a car?

And was accepted without question? The explosion was supernova sized, Hal caused it.

AlbertoJohnAvil
What does that have to do with the size of Proxima Midnight's spear, which was shown to be smaller than...a car?

And was accepted without question? The explosion was supernova sized, Hal caused it.

Let's say thats even remotely true, that's still completely irrelevant considering he self destructed himself in doing so, totally impressive!

But if you were able to read you'd see i was disputing the notion that warworld was "larger" than a star which is what people are arguing against when there's zero proof of that.

JBL
They have everyone on ignore that DON'T worship Superman. LMAO!!

AlbertoJohnAvil
Seems retarded is the flavor of the week.

But sure, John randomly said it was a supernova level explosion. Sure.

That supernova was Hal though, when he went into Pure will and engulfed Warworld, even Soranik says the explosion ITSELF was Hal.
John even says "Green" supernova and thought it was Guy who did it but Soranik says it was actually Hal who was the explosion that took out warworld, NONE of that says Warworld was caused the supernova. That was HAL's pure will form.

JBL
Lmao.

Now, all manner of mental gymnastics is being used, even though Warworld - ALSO a supernova, btw - is way larger than Proxima Midnight's spear? Reminds me of someone holding a tiny tiny blackhole.🙃

DarkSaint85
So the feat is now that Hal can on his own power, create an explosion bigger than a star?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Reminds me of someone holding a tiny tiny blackhole.🙃
Yup.

Except black holes are infinite in mass, so their size matters less smile

Good point though, great durability feat too.

AlbertoJohnAvil
So the feat is now that Hal can on his own power, create an explosion bigger than a star?

"The green supernova that scuttled warworld" (John thought it was guy) the simple fact John thought It was a lantern kinda suggests it wasnt a combined thing that made it bigger..
"The explosion, That Was Hal" furthering it to being just Hal. Not warworld.

And you're comparing it to a TYPICAL Supernova but In this instance its HAL being the Super Nova, Not a Sun...No other Planets were Destroyed were they?

They don't mean supernova in a literal sense for Hal there. Simply put, it's a way of saying it was a Green Lantern self-destructing, like how a star self-destructs when it dies and creates a supernova.

DarkSaint85
A star doesn't have a self, so it can't self destruct.

Really, the mental gymnastics here. Hal created a supernova off his own power, whether Warworld was the size of a moon, a car, a dog, a star doesn't matter, thanks to Alberto - he has proved that Hal created a supernova. And this was done using his own willpower, nothing else.

Good feat, great spot thumb up

AlbertoJohnAvil

Really, the mental gymnastics here. Hal created a supernova off his own power, whether Warworld was the size of a moon, a car, a dog, a star doesn't matter, thanks to Alberto - he has proved that Hal created a supernova. And this was done using his own willpower, nothing else.

Good feat, great spot thumb up

...Lmao, an identity isn't required to self-destruct. Like what? Have you never watched all those films and shows out there which feature devices and facilities that can self-destruct?

Since Hal was the one being described as making a "Supernova" here (again, it was called a green one and they were figuring out which Lantern caused it; the source wasn't Warworld), it was just colorful language used to compare what he did.

DarkSaint85
Oh I see.

So it's just hyperbole, based on..... nothing? Flowery language? John called it a supernova, as he's the guy who loves using flowery poetic language? Ok.

So back to the OP. Can any of the others create a supernova?

JBL
Yup.

Except black holes are infinite in mass, so their size matters less smile

Good point though, great durability feat too. So you are comparing that black hole to other black holes? Good to know👍

AlbertoJohnAvil
Oh I see.

So it's just hyperbole, based on..... nothing? Flowery language? John called it a supernova, as he's the guy who loves using flowery poetic language? Ok.

So back to the OP. Can any of the others create a supernova?

He decided to use "supernova" because it's a pretty clear comparison. It's easier than spelling out some arbitrary place self-destructing. It was about the how here, not the scale.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
So you are comparing that black hole to other black holes? Good to know👍

It's a pretty standard property, no?

Alberto;
He compared it to a supernova. That was a pretty clear comparison, you're right.

AlbertoJohnAvil
It's a pretty standard property, no?

Alberto;
He compared it to a supernova. That was a pretty clear comparison, you're right.

Compared to it based on how wide it looked obviously. Nothing can confirm about the destruction

DarkSaint85
So he created an explosion that was as wide as a supernova, purely on willpower.

Superb feat

JBL

Good feat, great spot thumb up A star can't self-destruct?

DarkSaint85
Am interested to see how you ignored everything else...how's that dynamic strength argument for Superman coming along?

JBL
Am interested to see how you ignored everything else...how's that dynamic strength argument for Superman coming along? Don't ask me. Not falling for your mod trap👍

DarkSaint85
Excellent.

It's as good as done and dusted now laughing out loud every time you lot argue he doesn't have it, you know what I'll post - self censorship is also fine by me.

JBL
Excellent.

It's as good as done and dusted now laughing out loud every time you lot argue he doesn't have it, you know what I'll post - self censorship is also fine by me. it is important to note that while Superman is among the strongest DC heroes, there are many who match his strength, most notably Darkseid, Bizarro, Lobo, the Cyborg Superman, Eradicator, the original Mongul, General Zod and Black Adam, while Doomsday and Despero have occasionally been shown as stronger....... So darksaint, how can those characters match supermans strength if he has dynamic strength?? How are some stronger. Why is there no mention of this so called dynamic strength?

DarkSaint85
Alas, if we wish to continue posting in this forum, we have to abide by the rulings here. Sad but true.

JBL
Alas, if we wish to continue posting in this forum, we have to abide by the rulings here. Sad but true. lol, doesn't matter to me. Well, I'm off to look at this ZO6 Corvette I may buy. Wonder what would happen if I try and tell Chevrolet the specifications on their corvette. Naw, they know what they created👍

DarkSaint85
*shrug* doesn't matter to me....all that matters is if you continue to go against mods.

Do we have to agree with it? Is it true or not? Doesn't matter.

We don't like it, we can either stop - like you are (thanks!!) Or go elsewhere.

JBL
*shrug* doesn't matter to me....all that matters is if you continue to go against mods.

Do we have to agree with it? Is it true or not? Doesn't matter.

We don't like it, we can either stop - like you are (thanks!!) Or go elsewhere. You are the one that brought up dynamic strength, not me. Trying to highlight me " supposedly " going against mods is pretty suspicious. What's your motive as if I didn't know?

-Pr-
JBL, just because you don't read the comics you claim to, doesn't mean the rest of us are as irresponsible.

Now, please, everyone, get back on topic.

AlbertoJohnAvil
So he created an explosion that was as wide as a supernova, purely on willpower.

Superb feat

Yeah no I wasn't necessarily saying that the actual explosion was still comparable to a Supernova, just that the nature of Hal self-destructing was similar to other self-destruction events like a Supernova

abhilegend
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Yeah no I wasn't necessarily saying that the actual explosion was still comparable to a Supernova, just that the nature of Hal self-destructing was similar to other self-destruction events like a Supernova
laughing out loud

xJLxKing
Wow...like damn

DarkSaint85
laughing out loud

I can take my leave now.

Diesldude
Cheese and crackers Alberto is all over the place.

Philosophía
lmao

Stoic

I do get what you're saying but comics being what they are do not necessarily have to respect size. I mean, they could sketch a marble sized object and turn around and say that it was as heavy as a universe which resulted in destroying Earth sector X9000 while approaching it.

DarkSaint85
Exactly.

So all we have is John saying Hal caused a supernova. Fine.

Which of the characters named can replicate it? Simples.

TheHulkster
Lmao.

No one cared about the use of the word "supernova" in that scene

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheHulkster
No one cared about the use of the word "supernova" in that scene
Really?

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Judging the weight of the spear turning Supernova by it's wielder being able to lift it is ridiculous. Such a complete and total reading comprehension fail. She even made it clear she was going to use a denser net. Just...ugh. So terrible.

Nearly as bad as those idiots who argued Thor > Hulk because he can lift the hammer and Hulk can't.

I could've gone for low hanging fruit and used Carver's quotes...but thought I'd use something different.

carver9
Dark didnt accept Proxima showing, so why is he mentioning it? At least mention something you believe in.

TheHulkster
Really?

I could've gone for low hanging fruit and used Carver's quotes...but thought I'd use something different.

The term "supernova" partly explains how the spear was created. The spear doesn't go supernova. It brings the weight of a star on Hulk. That there was something supernova related in it's creation is neither here nor there as far as the feat goes.

Rage appears to be downplaying it which is contrary to your point either way.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheHulkster
The term "supernova" partly explains how the spear was created. The spear doesn't go supernova. It brings the weight of a star on Hulk. That there was something supernova related in it's creation is neither here nor there as far as the feat goes.

Rage appears to be downplaying it which is contrary to your point either way.

Erm my point was you were saying no one cared about the term supernova being used.

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Being inside a Star is not at all similar to having the weight of a Star (A Supernova one at that) weighing down on you:
http://imageshack.us/a/img593/1900/ba5t.jpg.

My point is that some people accepted it without this whole 'maybe it was poetic language!' argument.

Carver, hush.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.