Resident Evil (reboot)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ridley_Prime
We knew said film reboot was coming for awhile, but now finally got more details on it, it seems. Not too surprising after the recent RE adaptation news on Netflix's end, but still.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/resident-evil-reboot-kaya-scodelario-robbie-amell-hannah-john-kamen-origin-story-1234591729/

Decent looking cast imo on first impression, but however this turns out, I expect to at least be better than any of the Paul and Milla films; low bar, I know, but their focus will be butchering Monster Hunter now, while RE gets something more promising on the live action front, finally.

BruceSkywalker
will prolly see but hopefully lots of violence

Kazenji
Wonder how much they'll change. I get that the director said in that article that he wants to go back to the original first two games and re-create the terrifying visceral experience that he had from them

but they say that for most of the game to movie adaptations.

riv6672

samhain
I'm guessing Neal McDonough will play Wesker, unless they're just trolling us, I'd respect that TBH.

RONAKVALIA
I was thinking in the game of this game because this game has always been a legend read more- https://www.viralchors.com/2020/10/mirzapur-s2-official-trailer-pankaj.html?m=1

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by samhain
I'm guessing Neal McDonough will play Wesker, unless they're just trolling us, I'd respect that TBH.
He is playing William Birkin apparently, which is a good fit imo.

-Pr-
lol Leon.

Kazenji
Yeah....i don't see that actor as Leon.

Arachnid1
TBH I think he can do fine as (an obviously race swapped) Leon. He's got the younger, boy band look going. As long as his acting chops are great, he can pull off idealistic/dorky RE2 Leon no problem. IDK though since I've never seen him in anything.

https://assets.teenvogue.com/photos/55832f8dc3f29bdf1f2b7717/master/w_600,h_900,c_limit/entertainment-tv-2012-10-02-Avan.jpg

Same applies to Jill, though she's got Jill's piercing eyes going for her. Chris and Claire look fantastic. Neal McDonough is a good actor, and TBH he'll spend most of the time covered in CGI as G-birkin anyways.

I'm more worried about Tom Hopper as Wesker than anything. The only thing he has in common with the character is ethnicity. In everything I've ever seen him in (which is a lot), I've never seen him pull of anything close to the suave, calculating character Wesker is. IDK if I could take him seriously as the main villain of the series, and I don't think he has the range to pull it off.

Also, they better not leave out Rebecca.

Surtur
I think the last resident evil movie i saw was apocalypse

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Arachnid1
TBH I think he can do fine as (an obviously race swapped) Leon. He's got the younger, boy band look going. As long as his acting chops are great, he can pull off idealistic/dorky RE2 Leon no problem. IDK though since I've never seen him in anything.

https://assets.teenvogue.com/photos/55832f8dc3f29bdf1f2b7717/master/w_600,h_900,c_limit/entertainment-tv-2012-10-02-Avan.jpg

Same applies to Jill, though she's got Jill's piercing eyes going for her. Chris and Claire look fantastic. Neal McDonough is a good actor, and TBH he'll spend most of the time covered in CGI as G-birkin anyways.

I'm more worried about Tom Hopper as Wesker than anything. The only thing he has in common with the character is ethnicity. In everything I've ever seen him in (which is a lot), I've never seen him pull of anything close to the suave, calculating character Wesker is. IDK if I could take him seriously as the main villain of the series, and I don't think he has the range to pull it off.

Also, they better not leave out Rebecca.

you ever watch the show victorious, he was in that

SquallX
Another Hollywood race swapping to appealed to minorities. laughing

This is so damn sad.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SquallX

This is so damn sad.

And yet your the one that loses their shit over too.

SquallX

riv6672

SquallX

riv6672
There you go.

BruceSkywalker

Surtur
Originally posted by SquallX

This is so damn sad.

The movie is racist unless it has an african american albino zombie.

Kazenji
That's were you're wrong

but my previous post at you still stands.

riv6672

Kazenji
Likewise.

Ridley_Prime
Surprised I didnt see any crying here about Commissioner Gordon being black now in the Matt Reeves Batman or something, for someone to be that salty over the Leon actor.

-Pr-
I would imagine it's partially because Leon has a much bigger fanbase than Jim Gordon does.

That, and after the Snyder version of Batman, I would imagine a lot of people will tolerate Gordon being changed if it means getting a decent Batman movie.

SquallX

Ridley_Prime
Avan (the guy picked as Leon) probably would've been easier to see as Carlos or someone, but if he's got the range to pull off Leon well, then don't really care. It's your hill to die on if this film's ruined for you just off of one guy's ethnicity. shrug

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
will prolly see but hopefully lots of violence

Violence and gore.

R-rated or nothing.

SquallX

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Violence and gore.

R-rated or nothing.

it better have bloody gore and violence. besides avan joglia who plays leon, he will be singing all throughout the film

Kazenji
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Surprised I didnt see any crying here about Commissioner Gordon being black now in the Matt Reeves Batman or something, for someone to be that salty over the Leon actor.

People also didn't cry about changing the race for Heimdall for the Thor films too.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.