Cleopatra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
this is literally the wrong film for someone who cannot act let lone has the ody to be Cleopatra..

https://deadline.com/2020/10/cleopatra-gal-gadot-patty-jenkins-movie-deal-paramount-pictures-wonder-woman-reteam-laeta-kalogridis-writing-1234595246/

Surtur
I think she has done well enough with the material she had to work with in the movies I've seen her in. Though those have only been super hero movies.

Looking at the list of other stuff she has been in, idk if I can draw any conclusion on if she'd be good or bad.

-Pr-
She's a decent actress. If the movie is well-written, I think she'll be a fine Cleopatra.

riv6672

Robtard
Originally posted by -Pr-
She's a decent actress. If the movie is well-written, I think she'll be a fine Cleopatra.

^Cosigned

She's also ridiculously good looking, so that helps too.

jaden_2.0
They should recast Simon Woods from Rome to play Augustus. He was top drawer Machiavellian savage in that. His conversation with Cleopatra was phenomenal. She seduced and outwitted Caeser and Marc Anthony and was completely out of her depth with Octavian.

Insane Titan

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
They should recast Simon Woods from Rome to play Augustus. He was top drawer Machiavellian savage in that. His conversation with Cleopatra was phenomenal. She seduced and outwitted Caeser and Marc Anthony and was completely out of her depth with Octavian.

Because Octavian wanted the 'D'.

He was good in that though. The younger self actor did rather well for a child actor I though as well.

Surtur
I guess some people are buttmad cuz the race of the actress isn't egyptian or arabian even tho the character Gadot is playing was neither of those things.

This reminds me of people complaining how white Dunkirk was.

BruceSkywalker

Surtur
Damn that escalated quickly.

BruceSkywalker

Surtur
https://media4.giphy.com/media/l3q2K5jinAlChoCLS/giphy.gif

ShadowFyre
Originally posted by Surtur

I'm stoned as **** like did I miss a couple pages🤣🤣🤣🤣 it happened so fast I almost apologized to everyone for no reason

Surtur
Lol no it's all one page...

Robtard
Best.Thread.Ever.

playa1258
The anger of Disneywalker always delivers.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by playa1258
The anger of Disneywalker always delivers.

not angry bait boy.. just truthful.. if you don;t like it get yourself perm banned

playa1258
Its ok I'm sure you wanted some dark meat MCU tramp for Cleopatra.

Robtard
Speaking of the MCU: Danai Gurira would make a great Cleopatra, decently talented actress and sexy AF, as Cleo was the ancient world's sexual icon.

jaden_2.0
Not sure she'd pass for Greek.

BruceSkywalker
Its ok I'm sure you wanted some dark meat MCU tramp for Cleopatra.

it's okay you wanted some white meat dceu **** ***** tramp for cleopatra.. listen piggy baiter, i could could care less since cleopatra should've never been remade in the first place...

Trocity

laughing

ShadowFyre
That gif is ****ing perfect

playa1258
Disneywalker continues to be mentally unstable.

Robtard
Not sure she'd pass for Greek.

Meh. She's an actress, she can act it out.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Robtard
Meh. She's an actress, she can act it out.

She could do whiteface. That'll learn 'em

Robtard
She could do whiteface. That'll learn 'em

Are Greeks really even White?

/burn

Surtur
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
not angry bait boy.. just truthful.. if you don;t like it get yourself perm banned

bB7fgX6H9_M

tkitna
Its Cleopatra, does anybody really care? Gadot is pretty (not drop dead gorgeous but pretty) and she'll do fine in the roll, but I doubt people are going to fall out and rush to the theaters just because she's cast in the movie. Sorry, I just dont see Cleopatra causing any interest with people. This isnt the 60's anymore with Elizabeth Taylor.

Surtur
Originally posted by tkitna
Its Cleopatra, does anybody really care? Gadot is pretty (not drop dead gorgeous but pretty) and she'll do fine in the roll, but I doubt people are going to fall out and rush to the theaters just because she's cast in the movie. Sorry, I just dont see Cleopatra causing any interest with people. This isnt the 60's anymore with Elizabeth Taylor.

I agree, I've never seen those old Cleopatra movies and have no interest in another.

Still though, in the interest of wokeness Gal Gadot should quit the project and force them to hire a black woman and make the movie about Nefertiti instead.

jaden_2.0
Originally posted by Robtard
Are Greeks really even White?

/burn

Maybe 6 in the morning to Danai Gurira's 2 in the morning.

BruceSkywalker
Disneywalker continues to be mentally unstable.

thats you bait boy.. ask imp the last time i reported you.. or you could ask bada..

Originally posted by tkitna

so damn true

playa1258
I stroke it to your tears.

ares834
The story of Cleopatra and the rise of the Roman Empire is one the most interesting stories ever. But I suppose if it doesn't have spandex it won't interest some of you.

I do think Gal Gadot is miscast though. Cleopatra is reputed to be incredibly charismatic and Gal, well, isn't.

Surtur
I'll watch even if no spandex, as long as she wears a thong

riv6672

Kazenji
Already seen some articles regarding this movie claiming "whitewashing".

Surtur
Greeks sure do look white to me.

BruceSkywalker
I'll watch even if no spandex, as long as she wears a thong

well a thong won't cover much so i doubt they want this nc-17

Insane Titan

Insane Titan

BruceSkywalker

Insane Titan

Old Man Whirly!
W2F1r4Jh7CA only one Cleopatra and Sid James starred in it!

Insane Titan

BruceSkywalker
Patty Jenkins will just produce now while Kari Skogland takes over the directors chair...

https://deadline.com/2021/12/gal-gadots-cleopatra-paramount-falcon-and-the-winter-soldiers-kari-skogland-1234853027/

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.