Who can survive a hit from the God Blast?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
This is classic Thor firing the God Blast directly at these guys one at a time, no ducking dodging or any shields and they stand there prepared for it, one shot per person, how well does each take it if anyone............

Superman ( new birth )
WW Hulk
Sentry
Thanos
Darkseid
Gladiator
Majestic
Silver Surfer
Capt. Marvel ( Billy )
DOS Doomsday

No amped versions.

krisblaze
Sentry can survive being killed, so I suppose him.

MrMind
none of them, maybe darkseid at true form

godblast at the right circumstance can destroy celestials

abhilegend
Originally posted by krisblaze
Sentry can survive being killed, so I suppose him. Originally posted by MrMind

laughing out loud

Superman, Thanos and Darkseid survive. Rest are koed or killed.

krisblaze
Who are you to laugh at me!

Magnon
Classic Juggernaut tanks it.

abhilegend
Who are you to laugh at me!
Better comic reader.

krisblaze
Originally posted by abhilegend
Better comic reader.

laughing out loud

Context and narrative intent are foreign concepts to you.

Don't @ me ever again uhuh

Enzeru
To me the Godblast was always very hard to place.

Thor once used Mjolnir to channel enough energy to severely hurt Galactus and make him retreat in order to avoid certain death. But when Thor used the Godblast on a Celestial, Mjolnir couldn't handle the energy and shattered.

So the Godblast seems to be more potent than energy strong enough to hurt Galactus badly. And if that's the case no one on that list remains standing in the end. Some might regenerate (including my boy), but absolutely everyone is a goner.

Wonder Man
I think Apocalypse horseman Slipstream could spread it out over the 5 seconds of his time phase and his carbon chain would only lose 1 link. Then he could replicate all 7 billion people in a time phase the way Collective Man contacts his Chinese.
So there are 250,000 similar dna of 1 person that can fill the damage of a godblast.

MrMind
laughing out loud

Superman, Thanos and Darkseid survive. Rest are koed or killed.

supes and thanos has no durability

current supes would die taking a direct god blast

Insane Titan
Thanos at worst gets koed

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Context and narrative intent are foreign concepts to you.

Don't @ me ever again uhuh
laughing out loud

A thorbag like you talking about context and narrative intent? Don't make me laugh.

abhilegend
Originally posted by MrMind
supes and thanos has no durability

current supes would die taking a direct god blast
Nope.

Booya_69
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I think Apocalypse horseman Slipstream could spread it out over the 5 seconds of his time phase and his carbon chain would only lose 1 link. Then he could replicate all 7 billion people in a time phase the way Collective Man contacts his Chinese.
So there are 250,000 similar dna of 1 person that can fill the damage of a godblast.

I agree

Booya_69

Wonder Man
Slipstream might be able to lose the electrons when he phases of the godblast.

h1a8
Originally posted by Enzeru

Thor once used Mjolnir to channel enough energy to severely hurt Galactus and make him retreat in order to avoid certain death. But when Thor used the Godblast on a Celestial, Mjolnir couldn't handle the energy and shattered.

So the Godblast seems to be more potent than energy strong enough to hurt Galactus badly. And if that's the case no one on that list remains standing in the end. Some might regenerate (including my boy), but absolutely everyone is a goner.

Galactus was extremely hungry and shortest height we've seen him
Galactus (along with all other characters) have variable showings in durability. Galactus was damaged from hits from BRB, Thor, Odin, Thanos, etc.

Juggs have tanked the blast with absolutely no damage or pain. Yet nowadays Juggs is pretty much a punching bag.

Lastly, if Galactus was in a forum fight then we use his highest feats of durability and disregard anything lower. But Galactus isn't in this thread and therefore, any feats against him must be assumed to be AVERAGE Galactus at best.

JBL
laughing out loud

Superman, Thanos and Darkseid survive. Rest are koed or killed. Do you ever get tired of lying? A Godblast would turn Superman to bones.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Do you ever get tired of lying? A Godblast would turn Superman to bones. Based off what feat from the Godblast?

carver9

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Do you ever get tired of lying? A Godblast would turn Superman to bones. Originally posted by abhilegend
Nope.

MrMind
Godblast has defeated skyfather like Zelia

banished Surtur and Ymir

it will put a hurt on superman if he lets it happen

h1a8

banished Surtur and Ymir

it will put a hurt on superman if he lets it happen

Skyfather is a meaningless term in a forum.
We go strictly by durability feats.
What are Zelia durability feats?

Is Banishing even relevant?

carver9
H1, you need to stop. Like right now.

MrMind
carver talks like an overweight black woman

abhilegend

So has SUperman's fists. You don't see everyone jumping up and down saying the same.

Hurting yes, even a KO is possible under right circumstances. But outright killing? No way.

carver9
carver talks like an overweight black woman

Stop being racist.

abhilegend

So you are agreeing that Thor is more powerful than Sentry to the point he can kill him with one blast?

lawest9
Originally posted by carver9
Stop being racist.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
H1, you need to stop. Like right now.

Stop what? Address what I said instead of Flaming and trolling

Enzeru

So you are agreeing that Thor is more powerful than Sentry to the point he can kill him with one blast?

I'm not saying that Thor is more powerful than the Sentry. He just isn't. But at the same time I'm absolutely not seeing Sentry walking through a Godblast like Broly walked through Gokus Kamehameha in the first Broly movie.

What I'm saying is that the Godblast is the one tool in Thors arsenal, which can badly harm beings even more powerful than the Sentry. But at the same time Thor has to sacrifice his own lifeforce for that attack, so it's a last resort move. I view it more like Majin Vegeta exploding in order to kill Fat Buu - only for Buu to regenerate afterwards.
So the more interesting question is, if Sentry can still resurrect himself - even after being completely engulfed in the Godblast and having his last atom erased. What do you think?

krisblaze
Putting the godblast on Thor's level is doing it a great disservice, yeah.
Thor channels something greater than himself, and it's not something he himself could survive.

abhilegend
I'm not saying that Thor is more powerful than the Sentry. He just isn't. But at the same time I'm absolutely not seeing Sentry walking through a Godblast like Broly walked through Gokus Kamehameha in the first Broly movie.

What I'm saying is that the Godblast is the one tool in Thors arsenal, which can badly harm beings even more powerful than the Sentry. But at the same time Thor has to sacrifice his own lifeforce for that attack, so it's a last resort move. I view it more like Majin Vegeta exploding in order to kill Fat Buu - only for Buu to regenerate afterwards.
So the more interesting question is, if Sentry can still resurrect himself - even after being completely engulfed in the Godblast and having his last atom erased. What do you think?
Don't backtrack now. This is what you said.

And if that's the case no one on that list remains standing in the end. Some might regenerate (including my boy), but absolutely everyone is a goner.

You told that Thor would kill Sentry in one blast, how does that not make Thor more powerful than Sentry? Also Thor has never died from godblast like Vegeta did.

abhilegend
Putting the godblast on Thor's level is doing it a great disservice, yeah.
Thor channels something greater than himself, and it's not something he himself could survive.
LMAO, "Thor channels something greater than himself".

What exactly does he channels beyond himself? His lifeforce is now beyond himself?

krisblaze
Read my explanation smile

abhilegend
I did. Its nonsense. He isn't channeling an external power source like Flash and speed force, it's all his own power. How's it greater than himself?

krisblaze
I did. Its nonsense. He isn't channeling an external power source like Flash and speed force, it's all his own power. How's it greater than himself?
It's not something he could do without Mjolnir and its energies.
The Godblast has a sort of ritualistic aspect to it and it lets Thor punch out of his weight class. Hence why I consider it "above" him.

But sure, anything in someone's arsenal can be considered a part of their power.

abhilegend
It's not something he could do without Mjolnir and its energies.

Nonsense. He channels his lifeforce, not lifeforce+mjolnir energy.

Most heroes punch above their weight class but it makes others jobbers (Superman/Darkseid). Somehow Thor is immune from this scrutiny because he has a name for his attack and it must be special somehow.

This is just garbage. "Ritualistic"? Guess all of Dr Strange's spells are above himself.

abhilegend
Godblast has one more special property, it makes Juggernaut completely invulnerable and no other showing of Juggernaut's force field (Overpowered by a giant fan, feeling a building fall down at him at half power) are applicable to it.

krisblaze
Nonsense. He channels his lifeforce, not lifeforce+mjolnir energy.

Most heroes punch above their weight class but it makes others jobbers (Superman/Darkseid). Somehow Thor is immune from this scrutiny because he has a name for his attack and it must be special somehow.

This is just garbage. "Ritualistic"? Guess all of Dr Strange's spells are above himself.
No need to be rude.

Uniting his life-force with the irresistible power of his uru hammer
https://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir139-Godblast389.jpg

Same description against Juggernaut.
https://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir153a-Godblast412.jpg

Same description against Zela or whatever her name was.
https://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir181-Godblastv212.jpg

all the mystic power and enchanted energy held within my invincible hammer
https://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir159-Godblast425.jpg

I think there's plenty of reason to assume that the energies in Mjolnir are part of the godblast.

All of Dr.Strange's spells utilize external energies, yes.
There's no point in analyzing what is considered Dr.Strange's energies or not, though, as using a spell is considered different to throwing a punch or shooting a beam of energy smile

Enzeru

StiltmanFTW
Everyone you listed.

With no effort.

Godblast is a forum myth.

abhilegend
No need to be rude.

Uniting his life-force with the irresistible power of his uru hammer
https://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Mjolnir/ThorMjolnir139-Godblast389.jpg

No need to lie.

https://i.postimg.cc/KkfYphz3/RCO019.jpg

"Channel my power".

Yes, Thor channels his power through the hammer.

Did you read the same scan?

Again Defalco, again Thor channeling his power.

No, there isn't. Thor channels his lifeforce through the hammer.

You don't understand sarcasm, do you?

abhilegend

Enzeru
https://i.postimg.cc/nrbQzHf2/RCO019.jpg

"I'll channel my godly life force"

Enzeru : No, Thor sacrifices his future life.

Where do you get this bullshit?

cosmicwat.jpeg

I'm just repeating after Thor, who says:

"I must call forth the godly lifeforce which flows within all Asgardians - and grants us our very immortality -- and I must channel it through my enchanted hammer in one great, destructive blast."

Thor sacrifices years of his life to fuel the Godblast. Why is that so hard for you to understand? That's like the most basic Marvel comics Thor knowledge.

abhilegend
cosmicwat.jpeg

I'm just repeating after Thor, who says:

"I must call forth the godly lifeforce which flows within all Asgardians - and grants us our very immortality -- and I must channel it through my enchanted hammer in one great, destructive blast."

Except its the energy of his lifeforce, not years of his life further down the road.

Seriously? Years of his life? That's the first time I'm hearing of it.

Galan007
Alright, reopening.

Lets try to keep things on topic this time.

Stoic
I wouldn't be a bit suprised to see Thanos standing there with a smirk on his face.

cdtm
Originally posted by lawest9
This is classic Thor firing the God Blast directly at these guys one at a time, no ducking dodging or any shields and they stand there prepared for it, one shot per person, how well does each take it if anyone............

Superman ( new birth )
WW Hulk
Sentry
Thanos
Darkseid
Gladiator
Majestic
Silver Surfer
Capt. Marvel ( Billy )
DOS Doomsday

No amped versions.

Pretty sure Captain Marvel has magic resistance/immunity.

And he did survive being turned inside out.

Stoic
Originally posted by cdtm
Pretty sure Captain Marvel has magic resistance/immunity.

And he did survive being turned inside out.

You may be right but I'm not sure if the attack in question is completely magic based. Thor is weird in that way.

krisblaze
Well, I suppose the discussion on the exact properties of the godblast is a bit peripheral.
All we know is that it's Thor's best attack, it requires his life force and it has to go through Mjolnir.

And it kills everyone on this list, I think smile

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Not even close to it.

h1a8
Well, I suppose the discussion on the exact properties of the godblast is a bit peripheral.
All we know is that it's Thor's best attack, it requires his life force and it has to go through Mjolnir.

And it kills everyone on this list, I think smile

So you are saying that there are power output feats far and beyond the best durability feats from all of these characters?

If so then give me a feat by the godblast that you think is better than all these character's durability feats.

Stoic
Thanos would take the blast and smirk. He took a blast from the Galactus Thanosai and lived. That guy was stated to be more powerful than Galactus himself.

krisblaze
Originally posted by h1a8
So you are saying that there are power output feats far and beyond the best durability feats from all of these characters?

If so then give me a feat by the godblast that you think is better than all these character's durability feats.

Their average.
I think the godblast beats their average.

DarkSaint85
Their average.
I think the godblast beats their average.

Ok, so with forum rules of full capacity....?

abhilegend
Just ask Kris how Juggernaut survived it without getting killed.

Stoic
Just ask Kris how Juggernaut survived it without getting killed.

It depends on how you want to judge the Juggernaut's durability while handled by different writers. One writer had him nearly burned to death by the flames of a chandelier, while another portrayed his forcefield to be tough enough to withstand Thor's godblast.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
It depends on how you want to judge the Juggernaut's durability while handled by different writers. One writer had him nearly burned to death by the flames of a chandelier, while another portrayed his forcefield to be tough enough to withstand Thor's godblast.
Funny how it depends on the writer now. BTW in the previous comic the force field appeared in Juggernaut at half power was hurt by a gas tank explosion/a building falling down on him and shit like that.

But no, those showings don't exist. Averages are for other characters, not for Godblast and Juggernaut's force field.

DarkSaint85
I'm not even sure where this whole 'averages' thing came about, tbh.

Look, it's THE Godblast. Thor's most powerful attack.

So why can't we use characters' most durable feats?

abhilegend
That's unfair to Thor.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Look, it's THE Godblast. Thor's most powerful attack.

Doesn't he have 3-4 other forgotten abilities that are arguably just as good, if not better?

krisblaze
Ok, so with forum rules of full capacity....?
What do you mean?
Full capacity doesn't mean that we exclusively use someone's highest showings.
Do you think full capacity means that someone can't be beat by anything short of their absolute highest feat...

DarkSaint85
I take full capacity as characters get to use their abilities to their best.

So Flash will use the speed that he has shown, even though his average would be lower than that (if I average across all his showings).

So in this thread, I'll....use the durability showings that have been shown, even though the average would be lower.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Doesn't he have 3-4 other forgotten abilities that are arguably just as good, if not better?

Like speed?

StiltmanFTW
Like speed?

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Insane Titan

StiltmanFTW

Insane Titan

krisblaze
I take full capacity as characters get to use their abilities to their best.

So Flash will use the speed that he has shown, even though his average would be lower than that (if I average across all his showings).

So in this thread, I'll....use the durability showings that have been shown, even though the average would be lower.
Not entirely sure I agree with your reasoning here.
We don"t just single out high end feats when characters fight. That'd be nothing but outliers, and it would give many human characters far better durability than superhuman ones, simply by virtue of having many appearances.

DarkSaint85
Well that's why the PIS rule came about - we all recognise that Spidey beating heralds up is a high end PIS feat.

h1a8
...it would give many human characters far better durability than superhuman ones, simply by virtue of having many appearances.

This is untrue. I challenge you to give me an example of a human having a durability feat above a particular superhuman's best durability feat.

Don't use PIS durability feats against characters because we have the no PIS rule. Spider-man koing Firelord is PIS, Cap and Spidey koing Hulk is PIS, etc.

krisblaze
We're talking about durability, not entire battles.

Batman's taken far more straight punches from superhuman characters than say Rockslide or Forearm...

If we only use top feats then of course it's all PIS.
That was the point I was making.

lawest9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Everyone you listed.

With no effort.

Godblast is a forum myth. How so?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by lawest9
How so?

He barely used it in 58 years.

70 years, if we include his appearances from the fifties.

"Godblast" is not even an official term.

h1a8
We're talking about durability, not entire battles.

Batman's taken far more straight punches from superhuman characters than say Rockslide or Forearm...

If we only use top feats then of course it's all PIS.
That was the point I was making.

Feats against characters don't work often for the simple fact that not only character's durability fluctuate from scene to scene but also their striking power.

When DD battered blue beetle then is that a low showing for DD (DD striking far under Earth shaking force) or is it a durability feat for blue beetle (skin and tissue became many times more durable than steel)?

What say you?

krisblaze
Originally posted by h1a8
Feats against characters don't work often for the simple fact that not only character's durability fluctuate from scene to scene but also their striking power.

When DD battered blue beetle then is that a low showing for DD (DD striking far under Earth shaking force) or is it a durability feat for blue beetle (skin and tissue became many times more durable than steel)?

What say you?
Well that's my point isn't it? Hence why we can't just use outliers no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.