Dexter is back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Old Man Whirly!
https://deadline.com/2020/10/dexter-showtime-reboot-limited-michael-c-hall-clyde-phillips-1234597514/

Surtur
Show was shit by the end, finale was shit. So meh.

BackFire
Apparently fans are hopeful because the guy who was the show runner for seasons 1-4 is helming this so it could be good since those were the seasons before the show went to shit.

Would be nice to see this show get a decent ending.

BruceSkywalker
never watched...

this time i may

Surtur
If you have netflix you can check it out there.

Surtur
RIP Rita

Old Man Whirly!
For me, seasons 1 and 2 were superb 3 and 4 were O.K. 5 onwards were shit. So, I have a bit of hope.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Surtur
If you have netflix you can check it out there.

should i binge watch any seasons

TheVaultDweller
If they can get the guys back who ran the show in the first few seasons, I might be interested again. Those last seasons were utter dog shit though, so I'd probably still need to see a trailer or something to be totally convinced.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
should i binge watch any seasons 1 and 2, some people like 3 and 4, me not so much.

Kazenji
I didn't see the last two seasons of Dexter as for the final season, I heard how average it was. So i wasn't exactly rushing out to see it.

Surtur
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
should i binge watch any seasons

You should begin with season 1, it's a great binge. And if you're into it I think you'll really enjoy it at least until season 5.

And if you enjoy reading you might be interested to know the show is based on a book series. I have not read any of it though.

jaden_2.0
I would probably like this show if it wasn't for Michael C Hall.

Something about him makes me want to punch my TV. Might be how shitty his character was in Six Feet Under. Might be how cringey the dance bit in Gamer was.

Don't know. Just absolutely detest him.

Old Man Whirly!
You should begin with season 1, it's a great binge. And if you're into it I think you'll really enjoy it at least until season 5.

And if you enjoy reading you might be interested to know the show is based on a book series. I have not read any of it though. I have read some of the books, sadly they go into demonic dark passengers. I hope the reboot doesn't do that and yeah, 1 and 2 are binge watches only matched by the first 3 seasons of Banshee.

Surtur
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I have read some of the books, sadly they go into demonic dark passengers. I hope the reboot doesn't do that and yeah, 1 and 2 are binge watches only matched by the first 3 seasons of Banshee.

Yes I am aware of the demonic thing. The show does talk about his "dark passenger", but it makes it come off like just some alter ego or something.

BruceSkywalker
1 and 2, some people like 3 and 4, me not so much.

And if you enjoy reading you might be interested to know the show is based on a book series. I have not read any of it though.

Thanks

Jmanghan
Dexter was a great show.

I hope this ends up being good.

Old Man Whirly!
Episode 1: Still not sure, we will see.

Robtard
I'm two in and it's just okay. Better than the final seasons, but not as good as seasons 1-4.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
I'm two in and it's just okay. Better than the final seasons, but not as good as seasons 1-4. Pretty much agree although for me seasons 3 and 4 were weaker than 1 and 2

Robtard
Pretty much agree although for me seasons 3 and 4 were weaker than 1 and 2

For me, in terms of quality:

I really liked John Lithgow as a villain. Season 5 started the long shit spiral downwards.

cdtm
For me the story went downhill every time Dex's annoying sister was on the screen.

She was just such a stupid, annoying bytch. Even Dex's pathetic girlfriend was less annoying.

Old Man Whirly!
For me, in terms of quality:

I really liked John Lithgow as a villain. Season 5 started the long shit spiral downwards. I liked Doakes chasing him in two best. I really enjoyed Roodey in two. Three was a big drop for me, Lithgow carried four but it wasn't enough to raise the show to the heights of one and two imho. Five onwards were a steady decline.

Old Man Whirly!
Episode 7 is superb.

Stringer
Harrison and Deb make this show relevant, somewhat. That and the intro

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Stringer
Harrison and Deb make this show relevant, somewhat. That and the intro tbh, nothing new in it. It's just got the humour the last 4 seasons lacked back. Dexter 5-8 just wasn't funny anymore

Stringer
tbh, nothing new in it. It's just got the humour the last 4 seasons lacked back. Dexter 5-8 just wasn't funny anymore

I could be wrong but I believe this season will be it. I think they just wanted to make up for that terrible season 8 and finale. See what happens I guess. I hear the ratings for this season are pretty high

Old Man Whirly!
I could be wrong but I believe this season will be it. I think they just wanted to make up for that terrible season 8 and finale. See what happens I guess. I hear the ratings for this season are pretty high I agree 100% it's probably the end, but this season is very, very good. Clancy Brown's arc is about to end and the really bad guy will be revealed as the corporate chap methinks.

Old Man Whirly!
Clancy Brown was a sick **** in this.

Galan007
This season has been pretty damn solid overall... The last ep. was one of the best individual episodes of the entire series, imo.

At this point I'm thinking either Harrison ends up killing Dexter because he fits the code(and we know Harrison enjoys feeling like a hero) -- or Harrison kills Detective Google once she threatens to lock Dexter up. They really emphasized Harrison's natural proficiency with the rifle that Dexter just gifted him, so I can only assume that it will be used in a big way... A literal Chekhov's gun.

And I'm also curious if they'll introduce the real big-bad at the end(a preemptive cliffhanger if another season is greenlit.) Perhaps that oil tycoon from earlier in the season..? Once Clancy was outed at the killer, I figured the tycoon's scare tactics and whatnot were just a red herring, but now I'm not so sure. /shrug

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Galan007
This season has been pretty damn solid overall... The last ep. was one of the best individual episodes of the entire series, imo.

At this point I'm thinking either Harrison ends up killing Dexter because he fits the code(and we know Harrison enjoys feeling like a hero) -- or Harrison kills Detective Google once she threatens to lock Dexter up. They really emphasized Harrison's natural proficiency with the rifle that Dexter just gifted him, so I can only assume that it will be used in a big way... A literal Chekhov's gun.

And I'm also curious if they'll introduce the real big-bad at the end(a preemptive cliffhanger if another season is greenlit.) Perhaps that oil tycoon from earlier in the season..? Once Clancy was outed at the killer, I figured the tycoon's scare tactics and whatnot were just a red herring, but now I'm not so sure. /shrug Got to say Galan, all those things went through my mind too. I'm hoping Dex and Harrison roll on with the family business mind.

Robtard
What I told my wife, Dexter ends up on a table as Harrison's first solo victim because Dexter fits the code himself, he's killed people he really shouldn't have.

Robtard
Clancy Brown was a sick **** in this.

The Kurgan...

Stringer

Stringer

Galan007
What I told my wife, Dexter ends up on a table as Harrison's first solo victim because Dexter fits the code himself, he's killed people he really shouldn't have. Dexter also 'withheld' quite a bit of info about the circumstances of Rita's death... Which I can only assume would piss Harrison off, if he were to find out the truth.

Robtard
I can see a scenario where Dexter has to run before his GF arrests him, hastily packs his things and that's when Harrison injects him and takes him to a kill spot.

Dexter dies for his sins, the GF/law thinks he's on the run and Harrison takes on the mantle of serial killer with a code while no one suspects him.

This was foreshadowed with Kurt's demise, Dexter made a note to tell Harrison how Kurt helped them cover their tracks by packing his own things beforehand.

Galan007
So as expected, Harrison kills Dexter with the rifle.

Either way, I was extremely disappointed with the finale.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Galan007
So as expected, Harrison kills Dexter with the rifle.

Either way, I was extremely disappointed with the finale. Ditto on both counts.

Kazenji
Is the new season good?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Kazenji
Is the new season good? Yes, it generally is.

Stringer
Season finale was a major let down. Season was great up to this episode. Oh well

Old Man Whirly!
Season finale was a major let down. Season was great up to this episode. Oh well Agree 100% Fortunately the big bad goes in 9 String!

Robtard
I enjoyed it more than the post Trinity Killer seasons but found it to be just okay overall. Ending ep was meh.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.