Is Batman taking down heralds pis?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Showings like these doesn't sound PIS to you guys?

https://i.postimg.cc/872jQBbN/1117052-batvsgrundy-sb.jpg

Grundy, Wonder Woman, Aquaman etc

Galan007
He's done it too consistently for it to be considered "PIS", imo.

StiltmanFTW
He's done it to Grundy how many times in total, exactly?

4-5? More?

krisblaze
Comics might be one of my favourite mediums...but come on.

They shuffle artists on the same characters every ****ing month.

There hasn't been any consistency to Marvel since Claremont was at the wheel of x-men. The comics are consistently inconsistent.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Galan007

He's still a human, regardless.

Originally posted by krisblaze

There hasn't been any consistency to Marvel since Claremont was at the wheel of x-men. The comics are consistently inconsistent.

👍

Magnon
Don't worry, Marvel can match Batman with Captain America.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-786748c0f3b079a26caa6dbe5db23983
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11119/111195111/5779654-4857574-3933402-spidey%2Band%2Bcap%2Bvs%2Brhino%2Band%2Bhulk%2B2.jpg
https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/dcvsmarvel_03_33.jpg

BruceSkywalker
too haters, hell yes

but to people who actually like batman, hell no

CosmicComet
I thought the draw of batman was supposed to be that he is a human with (somewhat above) human limitations?

What fun is he when he has kiloton nuke level durability and lightspeed reflexes? And yet we are supposed to believe he is oh so vulnerable that the wrong bullet on the wrong night can end it all for him according to his own words?

You cant have both but Batman fans are trash for the most part and want it all. Herald level but not really, but really he is, except for when he is not. That's modern comic Batman in a nutshell.

Batman is probably the only comic character in existence that's worse in the main material than he is in adaptations.

Even Baleman is more Batman than something Snyder writes.

cdtm

And using Dragon Ball scaling logic, everything Batman can do as a "normal" peak human should scale to any peak human ever.

Plus so for those with amps, like Iron Fist.

krisblaze
Batman and Captain America are both wearing armor.
Iirc it's some of the more advanced stuff in the world, just not full on mechanized armor like Tony wears.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by cdtm
And using Dragon Ball scaling logic, everything Batman can do as a "normal" peak human should scale to any peak human ever.

Plus so for those with amps, like Iron Fist.

You seriously need to see a shrink.

cdtm
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Friends with one. She agrees Dragon Ball fans are insane.

h1a8
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
He's still a human, regardless.

👍

Actually Batman is well versed at Chi power. It makes him superhuman.

Henry_Pym

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CosmicComet

Too late for that.

He needs to rot in some asylum, locked there forever.

On enough drugs to keep him sleeping 24/7.

Booya_69
Total pis. Same for cap.

DarkSaint85

The very concept of Batman is PIS, anyway, when you get down to it. Him being peak human is bad storytelling ,when you consider the 'base' stats of him (not talking about him fighting heralds).

He's like Olympic class in sprinting, marathon running, weightlifting, gymnastics (whilst wearing armour and a cape etc), master of all fighting styles, speak 1,000 languages fluently, has degrees from world class universities in chemistry, engineering, forensic sciences etc, knows Hollywood level prosthetics and makeup, can pick locks etc etc....

Whilst partying hard enough to keep up with image of a ditzy socialite.

Yeah.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He's done it to Grundy how many times in total, exactly?

4-5? More?

DarkSaint85
He did it in Public Enemies
He threw him over his head in n52
He fought him on a rooftop pre 52
Then made him cry in Rebirth
Then also headbutted Bane who defeated him and Amygdala

steverules_2
Originally posted by Magnon

https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/dcvsmarvel_03_33.jpg

Dunno if that one counts, Marvel vs DC was fan voted. And Cap lost that fight. You had all sorts of craziness, wolverine beat lobo and spider-man beat superboy. Best part was Wolverine car jacking the batmobile.

Magnon
Originally posted by steverules_2
Dunno if that one counts, Marvel vs DC was fan voted. And Cap lost that fight. You had all sorts of craziness, wolverine beat lobo and spider-man beat superboy. Best part was Wolverine car jacking the batmobile.
Doesn't really matter. The fact is, both companies have a "peak human type that can take down heralds". DC has Bats, Marvel has Cap.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He did it in Public Enemies
He threw him over his head in n52
He fought him on a rooftop pre 52
Then made him cry in Rebirth
Then also headbutted Bane who defeated him and Amygdala

Rooftop fight? Scans? Wasn't that Green Arrow?

There were like two fights in the sewers, too.

DarkSaint85
Hmm,maybe it was in the sewers....I remember a lot of garish neon yellow

StiltmanFTW
Wait, it wasn't Green Arrow.

It was Wildcat who fought Grundy on the rooftop. Then Alan Scott transported Grundy with the ring's power, once Wildcat knocked him out.

StiltmanFTW
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4646950-0267776640-20258.png

StiltmanFTW
https://tinyurl.com/y38yv6da

DarkSaint85
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11121/111212274/4646950-0267776640-20258.png
Yeah that was what I thought.

StiltmanFTW
Any idea what he used in the blue scan?

Taser? Flare? Dildo?

steverules_2

Taser? Flare? Dildo?

Shark repellent

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

-Pr-

No. There's a small group of Streets and Low Metas that, due to popularity, routinely punch above their weight.

It's just one of those suspension of disbelief things we have to deal with in comics.

Thankfully on the forum we don't have to do the same.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by -Pr-
No. There's a small group of Streets and Low Metas that, due to popularity, routinely punch above their weight.

It's just one of those suspension of disbelief things we have to deal with in comics.

Thankfully on the forum we don't have to do the same.

But It really depends on Grundy's muscle density. Is he solid enough to break a hand on? Break a cinderblock on? If so, then pressure points shouldn't work. Key work here is pressure. Nerve bundles lie beneath other tissue. If Grundy is dense enough to harmlessly deflect impact from hard objects like that, then pressure points can't work for Bruce cuz his fingers aren't strong enough to press down to that nerve bundle

Astner
I'm with Galan, at this point is has to be considered WIS.

krisblaze
But It really depends on Grundy's muscle density. Is he solid enough to break a hand on? Break a cinderblock on? If so, then pressure points shouldn't work. Key work here is pressure. Nerve bundles lie beneath other tissue. If Grundy is dense enough to harmlessly deflect impact from hard objects like that, then pressure points can't work for Bruce cuz his fingers aren't strong enough to press down to that nerve bundle
Each Grundy is different.
That's the reasoning I go by.

StiltmanFTW

Forum myth, bruh.

Same Grundy who was doing massive collateral damage (wrecking a giant statue with a single hit), got two-shotted by Bats and raped by Bane, even when he teamed up with Amygdala (who is considered to be stronger than Killer Croc and King Shark in Rebirth..........).

krisblaze
Forum myth, bruh.

Same Grundy who was doing massive collateral damage (wrecking a giant statue with a single hit), got two-shotted by Bats and raped by Bane, even when he teamed up with Amygdala (who is considered to be stronger than Killer Croc and King Shark in Rebirth..........).

What do you mean?
One time he was smart as ****.
One time he was super skinny.

It varies.

cdtm
As much PIS as Spidey beating down Rhino after he runs through a speeding car head on and tanks machinegun fire.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Forum myth, bruh.

How Durable Is That Grundy In The Scan At That Moment

AlbertoJohnAvil
Did a batarang stick in his skin? Did it deflect? Did he get hit by a vehicle? If so did it flinch him? Did anything at all hit him aside from Batman and what effect did it have?

-Pr-

Depends on the version of Grundy. He's all over the place. That and the whole "pressure point" thing is largely a load of bollocks, and was used for years as a cheap way to show that someone was skilled in martial arts.

But again, we make exceptions for people like Batman. People that can survive attacks from heralds and karate chop manhunter robots.

BruceSkywalker
it's only PS because forums hate Batman

Surtur

If Karate Kids higher showings get tossed out, yep.

cdtm
Originally posted by Surtur
If Karate Kids higher showings get tossed out, yep.

Big difference between them though.

The very first thing Val does in his very first appearance is impress Superboy with his speed and fighting skills. His entire thing is Space Karate = super powers, and he has supporting evidence to prove it, such as kicking the ground so hard it create a counter vibration to stop an earthquake, or one shot destroying objects even Superboy struggles with.

Batman has no such narrative. He beats Wonder Woman with his bare hands, because the writer says so.

While Val struggles with common ninja, because the writer can't embaress Batman, or something.

In that sense Val is like the anti-Batman. He gets lowballed for no real reason, while Bats punches way above his weight class.

Their stalemate kind of makes sense, they meet in the middle.

Stoic
Hmmm. Yeah it is PIS. If a Herald is capable of turning an entire city to ash, Batman should have no chance of remaining alive if said attack was done at a distance. It's the very same reason why the Spiderman vs Firelord fight was deemed to be PIS on this board.

So yes, under certain conditions, or circumstances it is absolutely PIS.

Henry_Pym

StiltmanFTW
What do you mean?
One time he was smart as ****.
One time he was super skinny.

It varies.

What doesn't vary is his nature of a jobber.

krisblaze
What doesn't vary is his nature of a jobber.

laughing out loud

AlbertoJohnAvil
Depends on the version of Grundy. He's all over the place. That and the whole "pressure point" thing is largely a load of bollocks, and was used for years as a cheap way to show that someone was skilled in martial arts.

But again, we make exceptions for people like Batman. People that can survive attacks from heralds and karate chop manhunter robots.

in the case of a character that has musculature so dense that it deflects bullets, pressure points SHOULD be impossible. Should be. Which in my eyes makes all instances of pp usage vs high durability characters PIS

Parmaniac

Taser? Flare? Dildo? It looks like as if he's shoving his finger up his nose.

Badabing

Grundy, Wonder Woman, Aquaman etc No. It's pis anytime Batman loses. sneer

-Pr-
in the case of a character that has musculature so dense that it deflects bullets, pressure points SHOULD be impossible. Should be. Which in my eyes makes all instances of pp usage vs high durability characters PIS

I just... I just explained that.

DarkSaint85
Stilt: my pp usage bypasses all durability

beatboks

Thing is Grundy varies. Hes an energy sponge that gets more powerful around energy users. There have been times when he was barely holding his own vs the likes of Nuklon (before the name change to Atom Smasher) and hes only like class 40-50 (he can punch above his strength class due to his ability to alter his molecular density and mass, BA referenced it a few times). Then others hes been able to go toe to toe with Superman. In one of those fights Clark even mentioned that he was stronger in a latter fight than earlier that day.

DarkSaint85
That's why Batman KOd Grundy when all those energy users were around.

And how Wildcat took Grundy out when Alan was around.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Magnon

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-786748c0f3b079a26caa6dbe5db23983
https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/original/11119/111195111/5779654-4857574-3933402-spidey%2Band%2Bcap%2Bvs%2Brhino%2Band%2Bhulk%2B2.jpg
https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/dcvsmarvel_03_33.jpg Bruce and Steve have dynamic Chi. If they trained under Master Roshi, all manner of shit would go down.

cdtm
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Bruce and Steve have dynamic Chi. If they trained under Master Roshi, all manner of shit would go down.

Batman would say chi powers would slow him down.

StiltmanFTW
I just... I just explained that.

There's the other explanation.

Super durable or not, skin is still very flexible, that's how it's often argued how pressure points still manage to work.

DarkSaint85

Taser? Flare? Dildo?

Zero idea, actually....

Won't stop me from wanking the hell out of it though thumb up

beatboks

DarkSaint85
Batman/Superman.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Zero idea, actually....

Won't stop me from wanking the hell out of it though thumb up

Here's the brief reddit discussion on it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/batman/comments/2rechl/repost_all_spoilers_questions_about_the_long/

I believe there were more threads bringing up this particular panel.

StiltmanFTW
Whoops I just looked back and it's actually a flashlight he uses to blind Grundy... Very hard to notice but after you do the scene makes more sense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.