Legends Projects coming up!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zenwolf

Darthadi
You can allready read this novel (or at least some version of it) on the internet. Personally i don't like it very much. The novel tries to create some Marvel/DC type cosmology that i feel doesn't work for Star Wars.
The SWTOR expansion might be interesting, but i would like for them to move away from Vitiate after this.

Zenwolf

Darthadi
I think for Star Wars it works better if the cosmology is not detailed.. When they created the celestials for the Mortis trilogy their ideea was to let it be somehow vague and interpretable.
To have a cosmology is fine, but this is too Marvel/DC for my tastes.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darthadi
I think for Star Wars it works better if the cosmology is not detailed.. When they created the celestials for the Mortis trilogy their ideea was to let it be somehow vague and interpretable.

The Celestials were created faaaar before TCW, a bit they were only mentioned but they've been around since the 80s. The Ones aren't exactly Celestials, or they are perhaps related to them in some form.

Darthadi
I think the Ones were confirmed to be celestials. They also play a big role in this new book.

Zenwolf
I think the Ones were confirmed to be celestials. They also play a big role in this new book.

As I recall it's said that the Ones are what the Celestials become, or something to that effect and or they were affiliated or related to them in some form or another, though this kinda brings up more questions honestly and gets confusing. Yeah the Ones play a part in this novel, but we don't know what. I guess we're gonna have to wait and see what's what.

Though I can understand your gripe. Honestly I'm just more interesting in the Sorcerers of Rhand stuff, but my interest is also peeked at the other.

ares834

Completely agree.

Also, this SWTOR expansion sounds like ass. But perhaps I should stay instead, as expected of SWTOR.

Total Warrior
I like this! Looking forward to it

Zenwolf
Originally posted by ares834
Completely agree.

Also, this SWTOR expansion sounds like ass. But perhaps I should stay instead, as expected of SWTOR.

I'm indifferent about the expansion, so who knows could be surprising.

Jaggarath
You can allready read this novel (or at least some version of it) on the internet. Personally i don't like it very much. The novel tries to create some Marvel/DC type cosmology that i feel doesn't work for Star Wars.

The Expanded Edition is coming out, which is the final definitive version with a lot more / changed content and closer collaboration with other Star Wars authors like Pena. thumb up

Darthadi
Good to know.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Jaggarath
The Expanded Edition is coming out, which is the final definitive version with a lot more / changed content and closer collaboration with other Star Wars authors like Pena. thumb up

Btw was wanting to ask, do you have source links for the projects? Or at least the novel one coming up?

Jaggarath
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Btw was wanting to ask, do you have source links for the projects? Or at least the novel one coming up?

Here's their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/starwarstimeline

Myself, EmperorDMB, SupremeSkillz, DarthSkywalker0, and maybe ILS talked with the author on Google Hangouts facetime about a year ago discussing the project with him. Great stuff. I think Joe (the author) may actually know more about Legends than anyone else in the world, so I can't wait to read this final version. I donated $100 to the project, too. thumb up

I'm hoping to do some group discussions per chapter on SI and milk it for all it's worth, since this is probably the last big Legends work we'll ever get.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Jaggarath
Here's their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/starwarstimeline

Myself, EmperorDMB, SupremeSkillz, DarthSkywalker0, and maybe ILS talked with the author on Google Hangouts facetime about a year ago discussing the project with him. Great stuff. I think Joe (the author) may actually know more about Legends than anyone else in the world, so I can't wait to read this final version. I donated $100 to the project, too. thumb up

I'm hoping to do some group discussions per chapter on SI and milk it for all it's worth, since this is probably the last big Legends work we'll ever get.

Oh sweet and for sure it'll be the biggest work! I guess it seems fitting if we're not gonna get anymore content, unless this somehow is the big push to make them realize that they can still make a profit from such material.

Either way though I am excited.

Zenwolf
So I just saw some rumors from a few days ago and on youtube talking about it. There might be something of a TFU 3 being worked on according to Daniel Richtman.

...I'm trying to not get too excited as it's just rumors but...I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS! That TFU 2 Cliffhanger is so annoying, I just...gotta know what happens, I wanna have the ending!

MaxBarton12
Looks interesting, anyway.

The Merchant
Supernatural encounters is interesting to say the least but I have my doubts it'll be published in all honesty...

For those who dunno, in a nutshell SE tells us that there is a supreme being named the Supreme Maker who created the "Prime Universe" he then created the Celestial species, each Celestial is ordered to create a copy of the Prime universe. Some time during this an evil Celestial named the Father of Shadows rebelled but failed in defeated the Supreme Maker alongside a group of Celestials. The Supreme Maker is The Force btw, and Father of Shadows is the Dark side.

Wutzek, along with the 3 Celestials who become the Family of Mortis, create the SW universe known as the Skyriver universe. Wutzek then creats the Bedlam Spirits, however the Bedlam Spirits go bad and trap Wutzek in an "angled trap" they then create "The Old Ones" such as Typhojem who introduce evil in the star wars universe.

The cosmic wars wages and the Old Ones and Bedlam Spirits are defeated by the family of Mortis, who then take mortal forms to oversee the SW universe until the chosen one aka Anakin arrives and brings balance within said universe.

That is I believe more or less the creation story of Wars. Other interesting things to note is Humanity actually comes from the prime Universe and migrated inti the Star Wars universe. Abeloth is the last Old One, and Korriban is the dead body of Typhojem. The Old Ones are more or less all the Gods mentioned in the SW galaxy such as the Immortal Gods of the Sith.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by The Merchant
Supernatural encounters is interesting to say the least but I have my doubts it'll be published in all honesty...

For those who dunno, in a nutshell SE tells us that there is a supreme being named the Supreme Maker who created the "Prime Universe" he then created the Celestial species, each Celestial is ordered to create a copy of the Prime universe. Some time during this an evil Celestial named the Father of Shadows rebelled but failed in defeated the Supreme Maker alongside a group of Celestials. The Supreme Maker is The Force btw, and Father of Shadows is the Dark side.

Not sure I can agree with this interpretation. The Supreme Maker is, on several occasions, mentioned distinctly from The Force, and The Force is at one point called a gift of the Supreme Maker. It's also said that The Force came into existence concurrently with the Celestials and with the flow of time, and sown by the will of the maker.

At any rate, the Supreme Maker and the Father of Shadows seem to be the God and the Devil from Abrahamic mythology. The Prime Universe is the 'real world,' where the Father of Shadows (referenced as "the shining one," and "nakhash" (hebrew for "serpent"wink) lead his rebellion of "seraphim;" all pretty on-the-nose.
This actually took place before certain Celestials were sent out to create copy-universes. I think the idea is that the Prime Universe was corrupted, and thus spares became necessary, or at least desirable--and these universes are the various fictional worlds, which Earth's writers are divinely inspired by.

No, no, this is all out of order. Wutzek is the one who defeats the Bedlams (save for Splendid Ap and Horliss-Horliss, who side with the Celestials), and is "killed" by Typhojem. Typhojem is then killed by Horliss-Horliss.

Later on, Wutzek is resurrected, and then trapped by The Five. The Ones only really intervene after they use the Apotheosis Gates to incarnate into the mortal realm, and they do this because most of the Firstborn races turned away from the guidance of the Celestials at the behest of the Bedlams, and thus required direct assistance. They never face the Bedlams, though the remaining Firstborns do use the Ones' technologies against the minions of the Bedlams in the Twilight Wars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.