Which powerset would you choose..?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Galan007
One morning you wake up and Mxy appears in your room. He states that he will permanently gift you with one of the following items/abilities:

1.) A perma-charged GL ring.
2.) Mjolnir (yes, you're worthy.)
3.) Firestorm's matter transmutation.
4.) Xavier's TP.
5.) Hulk's rage-induced strength.
6.) Flash's speed/perceptions.
7.) Franklin Richards' reality manipulation.
8.) Batman's utility belt.

*The caveat*
You have NO experience with any of the above items/abilities. You're still the real life you, and have to train yourself to use whatever you selected -- there's no one around to help you.

Which power would you choose, and what would you do with it in the real world?

DarkSaint85
Mjolnir, just for the help Motherstorm could give me.

Would the ring work for us? Like say, Ollie needed at on of effort just for an arrow.

CosmicComet
For the GL ring can I make auto shields without the suspicious green glow?

Insane Titan

Galan007
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Would the ring work for us? Like say, Ollie needed at on of effort just for an arrow. The ring has properly "selected" you(like it does when it chooses a new GL recruit.) So that's where you start.

Originally posted by CosmicComet
For the GL ring can I make auto shields without the suspicious green glow? You'd only start with the autoshields that the ring itself produces(absent of conscious thought from the ring wearer.)

CosmicComet
Cool.

I'm leaning towards the GL ring. Maybe Xavier's TP.

Franklin's powers are too op and you'd get bored of life or may destroy everything you love with inexperience.

Mjolnir is a duplicitous piece of shit and may kill you in your sleep
. No one should choose that.

celeyhyga17
Mjolnir, just for the help Motherstorm could give me.

thumb up

Mew mew helps rookies.

DeadpoolXXX
Originally posted by Galan007
4.) Xavier's TP.
8.) Batman's utility belt. 1. probably my top pick. even though trying to use a gl ring would be nearly impossible for most. even guys like batman can barely do anything with them.
2. this might actually be the easiest thing to use here.
3. you'd legit have to be a molecular science expert to use these powers effectively.
4. would be an absolute nightmare. every persons thoughts on the planet bombarding you at once. you would probably kill yourself.
5. i don't even think carver would be dumb enough to pick this.
6. again this would be a nightmare. locked in the ticks of a second.
7. a stray thought or dream could wipe out everyone on earth. easily the most difficult thing to control.
8. i don't even know what's all in the belt and i don't think i want to know. not sure how great it would even be for practical application. especially if i can't restock it.

Galan007
Originally posted by DeadpoolXXX
3. you'd legit have to be a molecular science expert to use these powers effectively. Nah.

You'd just have to think "NaCl". thumb up

zopzop
7. Franklin's power and it's not even close.

DeadpoolXXX
Nah.

You'd just have to think "NaCl". thumb up laughing out loud

you actually could get pretty far with this one "spell" alone. mmm

Originally posted by zopzop
7. Franklin's power and it's not even close. how do you even go about controlling something like that though?

zopzop
how do you even go about controlling something like that though?
A 7 year old manages ok enough. I like to think I'm at least as competent as a 7 year old child big grin

Astner
how do you even go about controlling something like that though?
Franklin did while he was a stupid kid.

DeadpoolXXX
a 7 year old comic book character. with people around him to help control his power.

Astner
No one taught him shit, unless you count his future self that one time.

DeadpoolXXX
but that's comics. you're you here. you have no grasp of the power.

one accidental thought even while you sleep could be catastrophic.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by zopzop
A 7 year old manages ok enough. I like to think I'm at least as competent as a 7 year old child big grin

I'm 6 doe.

ShadowFyre
1, 2 or 7 would seem the best. Franklin's powerset is kind of scary though.

I can't fathom why anyone would pick the belt over the rest.

AlbertoJohnAvil
1. probably my top pick. even though trying to use a gl ring would be nearly impossible for most. even guys like batman can barely do anything with them.
2. this might actually be the easiest thing to use here.
3. you'd legit have to be a molecular science expert to use these powers effectively.
4. would be an absolute nightmare. every persons thoughts on the planet bombarding you at once. you would probably kill yourself.
5. i don't even think carver would be dumb enough to pick this.
6. again this would be a nightmare. locked in the ticks of a second.
7. a stray thought or dream could wipe out everyone on earth. easily the most difficult thing to control.
8. i don't even know what's all in the belt and i don't think i want to know. not sure how great it would even be for practical application. especially if i can't restock it.

Why would wiping out the entire population matter tho? I'm perfectly fine with that laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
I almost picked it laughing out loud

Least chance of me destroying myself and the world.

1. Imagine your dreams made reality. How would you train against that? Batman made Kyle blind just by suggesting to him that he was blind when Kyle was asleep.

2. Imagine creating literal shit storms across the planet lol.

3. Not that bad, until you turn the air in your lungs into salt.

4. Needs training , otherwise you get overloaded. Xavier had time to grow into his powers ,he didn't wake up age 13 with the same level he has now.

5. This is just shit.

6. Also shit. Either you accidentally get stuck in between seconds, or you go the other way and age yourself/others into dust in seconds.

7. See dreams. And you might even wipe yourself out at the same time.

8. The most boring but safe option. Assuming you don't accidentally get a face full of fear toxin or something when you open the wrong compartment ,or activate the self destruct or whatever.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Why would wiping out the entire population matter tho? I'm perfectly fine with that laughing out loud

I'm surprised you never managed a Hot Topic, you're so edgy.

carver9
1.) A perma-charged GL ring... 2nd best option to me. I see no flaws minus me accidentally creating something while pissed at someone killing them.
2.) Mjolnir (yes, you're worthy.)... this IS the best option, especially with Mjlonir feeding you everything you need on how to control the power.
3.) Firestorm's matter transmutation... good but I can see too many mistakes with me turning people into eggs.
4.) Xavier's TP... worse one here. Well, 2nd worse power for a starter.
5.) Hulk's rage-induced strength... lol, me amping while I'm pissed. This isnt a good idea, at all. Unstoppable creature rage killing people and accidently punch the ground destroying the planet/continent. Tied with 2nd worst.
6.) Flash's speed/perceptions... this is the worst one. The world would be at a stand still for YEARS for me that would be a second for everyone else. Ill never learn how to control it and I would basically be nonexistent.
7.) Franklin Richards' reality manipulation... good choice but boring choice. Imagine being able to do anything.
8.) Batman's utility belt... this sucks.

So my choice is Mjlonir. Then I'll rule Earth.

HumbleServant
I pick flash speed, it would be pretty fun for me

carver9
Originally posted by HumbleServant
I pick flash speed, it would be pretty fun for me

So you'll learn how to master your speed to the point of moving at 0? I highly doubt that. The world would be at a halt for you, forever. Theres no way you'll enjoy that powerset.

ShadowFyre
I almost picked it laughing out loud

Least chance of me destroying myself and the world.

1. Imagine your dreams made reality. How would you train against that? Batman made Kyle blind just by suggesting to him that he was blind when Kyle was asleep.

2. Imagine creating literal shit storms across the planet lol.

3. Not that bad, until you turn the air in your lungs into salt.

4. Needs training , otherwise you get overloaded. Xavier had time to grow into his powers ,he didn't wake up age 13 with the same level he has now.

5. This is just shit.

6. Also shit. Either you accidentally get stuck in between seconds, or you go the other way and age yourself/others into dust in seconds.

7. See dreams. And you might even wipe yourself out at the same time.

8. The most boring but safe option. Assuming you don't accidentally get a face full of fear toxin or something when you open the wrong compartment ,or activate the self destruct or whatever.

**** yeah! Batman's belt *presses button simultaneously gassing myself, exposing everyone's secret identity, shooting myself in face with batarang and transport myself to phantom zone* **** yeah

HumbleServant
Originally posted by carver9
So you'll learn how to master your speed to the point of moving at 0? I highly doubt that. The world would be at a halt for you, forever. Theres no way you'll enjoy that powerset.
That sounds scary, i assumed it wouldnt be that hard to master it but if it is then i pick 7. I would use franklins powers to help the world recycle garbage, clean the oceans, delete nuclear waste, advance technology, and become rich

ShadowFyre
I'm surprised you never managed a Hot Topic, you're so edgy.

Don't forget spencers

Juntai
GL ring.

abhilegend
Franklin's powers.
GL ring
Mjolnir

Top 3

krisblaze
One morning you wake up and Mxy appears in your room. He states that he will permanently gift you with one of the following items/abilities:

4.) Xavier's TP.

*The caveat*
You have NO experience with any of the above items/abilities. You're still the real life you, and have to train yourself to use whatever you selected -- there's no one around to help you.

Which power would you choose, and what would you do with it in the real world?
Sure as shit wouldn't pick 2.
The ****ing thing would just backfire on me the second I refuse to participate in a BLM riot or donate my kidney to some transitioning lardass.

lawest9
Xavier TP.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by krisblaze
Sure as shit wouldn't pick 2.
The ****ing thing would just backfire on me the second I refuse to participate in a BLM riot or donate my kidney to some transitioning lardass.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/389c91d6b2258a94b39cea1925fd71bf/tenor.gif

Damborgson
Here's the deal...

I dont have the willpower to stop drinking red bull when I know its bad for me. There's no way I'd get the full power benefit of that ring. If I could use it like even a rookie GL I'd take it.

Firestorm ability requires a scientific mind that I don't have to be able to change the molecules of things like he does.

I would be stuck in time for who knows how long with Flash abilities.

Mjolnir seems like the most practical honestly. I'll take it.

CosmicComet
Dambo, Mjolnir would hate you. It would betray you. You are the patriarchy that mother storm despises.

BrolyBlack

BrolyBlack
laughing out loud @ Carvers list

MrMind
seems like 7 is far above everything else here

Badabing

4.) Xavier's TP.

*The caveat*

Which power would you choose, and what would you do with it in the real world? I would choose a GL ring. It would be the safest bet for me personally.

2 would be my second choice.

3, no thanks. I could see bad things happening.

4, nope. I don't need other people's thoughts rattling around my brain.

5, yeah no. I could see things getting ruined quickly.

6 would be my 3rd choice,

7, not a chance.

8 is my 4th choice.

carver9
Always great seeing Bada post in threads like this.

Sin I AM
My will is absolute. GL ring for me...the rest are not worth my attention save mjolnir which id probably turn into a dildo and die climaxing while getting shot with a galactic level lightning blast.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by carver9
7.) Franklin Richards' reality manipulation... good choice but boring choice. Imagine being able to do anything. lol

7 all the way

Badabing
Originally posted by Sin I AM
My will is absolute. GL ring for me...the rest are not worth my attention save mjolnir which id probably turn into a dildo and die climaxing while getting shot with a galactic level lightning blast.

https://i.postimg.cc/NFtxxYVd/Nathan-Fillion-reaction-gif.gif

h1a8
7. It's the only way to become God.

Diesldude

Galan007
The thing with Franklin is that's it's easy to say: "He's only a naive 8 year old child and was able to control his powers just fine, so I'd have no problem with them"... But he's also a fictional character who is specifically written that way in a fictional media.

Unless you have immense self-control and can keep your every thought in check(even while you're asleep), then Franklin's power would be absurdly difficult to get the hang of. Imo.

Parmaniac
Would you even need to sleep anymore?

Galan007
Franklin sleeps. /shrug

CosmicComet
Franklin is a *****, tho.

Damborgson
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Dambo, Mjolnir would hate you. It would betray you. You are the patriarchy that mother storm despises.

🤔

Thats fair....

Maybe I can practice my willpower with the ring lol

Damborgson
Originally posted by Sin I AM

Please stop.

I dont think I can get any more erect.

Parmaniac
Franklin sleeps. /shrug Yeah but
But he's also a fictional character who is specifically written that way in a fictional media. evil face

krisblaze
Wouldn't reality warping powers completely trivialize everything.
I fear power on that scale would make life itself seem pointless.

h1a8
The thing with Franklin is that's it's easy to say: "He's only a naive 8 year old child and was able to control his powers just fine, so I'd have no problem with them"... But he's also a fictional character who is specifically written that way in a fictional media.

Unless you have immense self-control and can keep your every thought in check(even while you're asleep), then Franklin's power would be absurdly difficult to get the hang of. Imo.

To be honest. I don't care if I damage things by dreaming (I don't have such dreams anyway). I can just repairs everything back to normal.

Also I would leave Earth immediately and explore the real universe. I would make myself not needing sleep and intangible (and invisible). I'll seek out other life and planets. Just like star trek.

h1a8
Originally posted by krisblaze
Wouldn't reality warping powers completely trivialize everything.
I fear power on that scale would make life itself seem pointless. You would get bored after awhile. I would temporarily lose memory to certain things. That would keep life always interested.

Tbh I would use my powers to explore the universe. I would leave Earth instantly.

StyleTime
In all honesty, I don't really buy the "kickass powers would make you bored with life" idea.

As limited beings, we fall into a bit of a trap when it comes to this. We assume our limits make our existence meaningful, but it's likely we're just rationalizing our own imperfection to justify how shitty our condition is.

Truthfully, perfection or absurd levels of power could be utterly awesome. Once you ascend, you'd think "How did I ever think being a dumb ass, flatscan human was better than this?"

You can still do the things you enjoy. Read, watch a movie, play video games, go chill with friends, make art, or keep posting on KMC. You're just free from having to worry about all the silly things that come with mortality. You don't need to make money, so just go have fun. Or help people. Or learn an instrument. Or learn a new language. Or explore the cosmos.

If anything, life gets more interesting. Think of everything you could do with Franklin's power.

StiltmanFTW
Your post reminded me of Count Nefaria's conversation with Hood.

In the New Avengers Finale one-shot.

Blair Wind
Green Lantern ring.

Do we also get access to its computer system? Is it linked to the guardians database?

Would be fun to go flying in space. Always have a house to sleep in wherever you go on earth.

dynamix
xavier tp
flash speed
franklin godpower (hell yeah! why not?!)

StyleTime
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Your post reminded me of Count Nefaria's conversation with Hood.

In the New Avengers Finale one-shot.
Yeah, Nefaria was 100% right. Most folks would probably want to commit suicide if they had godlike power and suddenly lost it. No one would go "Wow, it's great to have limits again! Now I can get back to my mundane existence, doing all the same things except without the cool powers. It was so boring curing cancer with a thought. Being powerless rules!"

Stoic
2 or 7 for me.

Genii96
Franklin's no contest, even if somehow, I don't have as much control as a 7 year old, I can always alter reality and resurrect humanity back once I get control of the powers

Galan007
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Green Lantern ring.

Do we also get access to its computer system? Is it linked to the guardians database?

Would be fun to go flying in space. Always have a house to sleep in wherever you go on earth. You can interface with the ring as much as a n00b/rookie GL can.

Galan007
Originally posted by Genii96
Franklin's no contest, even if somehow, I don't have as much control as a 7 year old, I can always alter reality and resurrect humanity back once I get control of the powers But would they truly be resurrected as "them", or just your idealized perception of them..? mmm

carver9
But would they truly be resurrected as "them", or just your idealized perception of them..? mmm

This is what I was thinking. Maybe reversing time would be better but wouldn't this just recreate the issue?

DarkSaint85
But would they truly be resurrected as "them", or just your idealized perception of them..? mmm

Just resurrect them as them thumb up there problem solved.

Galan007
Just resurrect them as them thumb up there problem solved. I know Franklin could do shit like that once he mastered his abilities, but I'm talking initially.

Like if you accidentally killed your mom and then wanted to resurrect her. Is she brought back as she was, or just as you imagine her? Is there a difference?

KingD19
As a child Franklin created a universe inside a toy ball and defeated Onslaught. Mastery isn't needed for resurrection.

celeyhyga17
Would 2 make me effectively immortal? It would wouldn't it?

Galan007
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Would 2 make me effectively immortal? It would wouldn't it? https://i.ibb.co/Zzw3NyW/20168833-16-500-268.gif

celeyhyga17
Immortal cock!

https://images.says.com/uploads/story_source/source_image/689374/0483.gif

NemeBro
7 is far and away the best option. I wouldn't even have to fall into the pitfall of watching loved ones die, I could make the entire human race immortal and unkillable while still being able to do whatever I want without having to make compromises like working a shitty job for moneys.

BrolyBlack
Would his powers allow him to do that permanently?

KingD19
Pretty much. His powers have shown basically no limits yet and nothing has ever just reverted to normal without him actively changing it back or something happening to him to screw up his powers.

ilikecomics
I know Franklin could do shit like that once he mastered his abilities, but I'm talking initially.

Like if you accidentally killed your mom and then wanted to resurrect her. Is she brought back as she was, or just as you imagine her? Is there a difference?

Reminds me of Theseus' ship, or derek parfits transteleponder thought experiment. Very cool.

Always have appreciated your more ratiocinated philosophical approach to things.

8swords
probably going with 6. but thought of the whole aging fast thing. but i never seen that happen to barry soo i thinks its safe.

but if im really playing it safe. probably bats utility belt, pretty sure theres atleast a credit card with billions worth inside.

carver9
Originally posted by 8swords
probably going with 6. but thought of the whole aging fast thing. but i never seen that happen to barry soo i thinks its safe.

but if im really playing it safe. probably bats utility belt, pretty sure theres atleast a credit card with billions worth inside.

Be prepared to not be able to interact with anyone ever again in your life.

DarkSaint85
I know Franklin could do shit like that once he mastered his abilities, but I'm talking initially.

Wouldn't matter, because the way I saw it,it's not like having a genie where you have to word your request exactly.

You want your mom back. She's back.

Even if it takes 10 years to master your powers - doesn't matter. Just time travel back, or wish that it never happened, or wish the last ten years minus the bad bits happened etc. 'Bad' being subjective, of course, but you're not telling a genie or monkey's paw how to define 'bad'.

Astner

Blair Wind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.