Kirak Infila vs Quinlan Vos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior

Eli Vanto
Vos.

All we can infer about Kirak is that he was > Kenobi. But a peak Vos was =/> Dooku, and has the feats to back it up.

Forschbewithu
Can we not also say Kirak is greater than Dooku?

Galan007
Really depends how 'hindered' you think Vader was when Kirak beat him.

Total Warrior
That Vader was mere days after the surgical operation, so he still was likely a bit clumsy in his new armor. Besides, when he fought Kirak he was already wounded, and didn't even have a lightsaber. Aaaand if that was not enough, he mainly lost because early during the fight one of his two robotic legs broke (due to previous damage) and he was forced on his knees (if i recall correctly). I really doubt that Vader was near Dooku's level.

Galan007
Yeah, that's the thing.

The battle was set a day or two after RotS(Vader literally got off the operating table and was immediately sent on his mission to find Kirak), so I doubt he would have been fully accustomed to his armor at that point. Additionally, Vader's armor was battered by Kirak's booby traps by the time they actually fought, which could have hindered him even moreso.

Kirak was undoubtedly a beast, but I don't know if we have enough quantifiable info to put him on par with the likes of Dooku. /shrug

xPRIMEx

Forschbewithu
So the question we logically arrive to is how can we prove Vos' superiority to Obi-Wan?

I don't think both of their fights with Dooku can be the definitive answer. Canon states Kenobi was at a stylistic disadvantage against Dooku, which is why he always loses. I mean, just look how well Kenobi does fighting against Maul - and Maul is confirmed a greater duelist than Dooku and Kenobi hangs with Maul much better than he does Dooku. Just my thoughts.

Eli Vanto
It was also stated that Kenobi was channeling the Force like never before when he fought Anakin on Mustafar.

So end of ROTS Kenobi >>beginning of ROTS Kenobi. This should also be considered when gauging Kirak.

But are comic book solicits from the Marvel site even canon? Because that's the only source saying that Kirak was the most powerful Jedi that Vader had fought. Seems kind of dubious.

Sheev
It was also printed in one of the comic issues. Galan posted it a while ago.

Galan007
thumb up
Originally posted by Galan007
^ The quote was actually printed in the Darth Vader v1 TPB:
https://i.imgur.com/qoZ8nDr.jpg

So yeah, it should definitely be canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.