Superman vs Silver Surfer vs WB Hulk vs Thor whos more durable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AlbertoJohnAvil
rd 1 who fares better against brute force from top-high tiers and above

Rd 2 who fares better against energy attacks from top-high tiers and above

https://i.postimg.cc/svs2hgPW/maxresdefault.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/B8LZ0L3r/900-Dan-Avenell-A1-THOR-V-SURFER-W-SIGs.jpg

Everybody at their best. No PIS

lawest9
Superman in both.

Stoic
Gotta go with
1. WB Hulk
2. Superman
3. Thor
4. Surfer

carver9
1. Savage Hulk
2. Surfer
3. Superman
4. Thor

DarkSaint85
Sometimes... people just don't read

lawest9
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Sometimes... people just don't read They sure don't.

Diesldude
Superman
Surfer
Thor
WBH.

carver9
Wonder whos he is talking about?

JBL
Originally posted by carver9
Wonder whos he is talking about? Just put Superman in the number one spot and you will hear no complaint. He has to be the best at everything here.

carver9
Originally posted by JBL
Just put Superman in the number one spot and you will hear no complaint. He has to be the best at everything here.

Sad I have to lie to kick it on here.

Adam Grimes
WBH shouldn't be in this list. He should be competing with Wonder Woman, Beta Ray Bill, Shazam etc.

Booya_69
Rd1 - wwh/wb hulk.

Rd2. Surfer.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Booya_69
Rd1 - wwh/wb hulk.

Rd2. Surfer.
How's Surfer more durable than Superman? Or Hulk?

Magnon
Against physical:
1. Superman
2. WBH
3. Surfer
4. Thor

Against energy:
1. Superman
2. Surfer
3. Thor
4. WBH

The Stark satellite showing drops WBH down on the energy list, since he doesn't really have other energy durability feats to compensate. We measure him by what we have seen of him.

DarkSaint85
Wonder whos he is talking about? .
THERE ARE TWO ROUNDS.

yes, this goes to diesel too.

Diesldude

carver9
Originally posted by Magnon
Against physical:
1. Superman
2. WBH
3. Surfer
4. Thor

Against energy:
1. Superman
2. Surfer
3. Thor
4. WBH

The Stark satellite showing drops WBH down on the energy list, since he doesn't really have other energy durability feats to compensate. We measure him by what we have seen of him.

Stark satellite is an energy absorption showing that Hulk allowed to happen without resisting. You do know everyone on this list have FAR worse showings, right? I'm talking about FAR WORSE.

DarkSaint85
They also have better.

And per forum rules, we go by full capacity.

AlbertoJohnAvil
1. Savage Hulk
2. Surfer
3. Superman
4. Thor

Savage Hulk isnt on this post lmao

carver9
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Savage Hulk isnt on this post lmao

I know. I put him there because WBH isn't needed. 🤷🏾‍♂️

AlbertoJohnAvil
I know. I put him there because WBH isn't needed. 🤷🏾‍♂️

But like its everybody operating at their best though. High ends included lol

carver9
But like its everybody operating at their best though. High ends included lol

I'm using Savage Hulk at his best. High ends included lol.

abhilegend
What high end feats for Savage hulk are superior to Superman or Surfer?

carver9
Originally posted by abhilegend
What high end feats for Savage hulk are superior to Superman or Surfer?

Tell me their best showings and please make sure its accurate and we can go from there. One ft i can remember is Savage Hulk withstanding a blast that was capable of melting adamantium. Another one is him withstanding a scream that had enough power to destroy the stars above him.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by JBL
Just put Superman in the number one spot and you will hear no complaint. He has to be the best at everything here.

Have you moved out of your moms house yet?

h1a8
Tell me their best showings and please make sure its accurate and we can go from there. One ft i can remember is Savage Hulk withstanding a blast that was capable of melting adamantium. Another one is him withstanding a scream that had enough power to destroy the stars above him.

You made the claim that Savage Hulk is more durable (he's not even in the thread), so the onus is for you to provide a feat (or feats) that you believe are superior to anything Superman or Surfer did.

Diesldude
Tell me their best showings and please make sure its accurate and we can go from there. One ft i can remember is Savage Hulk withstanding a blast that was capable of melting adamantium. Another one is him withstanding a scream that had enough power to destroy the stars above him. scans? I bet your misread or straight up lying.

carver9
Originally posted by h1a8
You made the claim that Savage Hulk is more durable (he's not even in the thread), so the onus is for you to provide a feat (or feats) that you believe are superior to anything Superman or Surfer did.

Lol... read my post again and your comments on any of this is irrelevant since you don't understand showings. Leave this to ABHI.

DarkSaint85
Post the scans. We need to make sure that your descriptions of them are accurate - after all, you're the guy who said Gladiator could amp off his attackers etc.

abhilegend
Melt adamantium? Adamantium has melting point of 50K Kelvin. How's that impressive?

Also the "star" part is obvious hyperbolic as the dimension "mindless" Hulk was in was a waterland with no stars in sight.

Show us some actual feats, let's start with a basic feat for heralds, has Savage hulk ever withstood a planetary destruction? No scaling, actual feats from Hulk.

BrolyBlack
Lol... read my post again and your comments on any of this is irrelevant since you don't understand showings. Leave this to ABHI.

Post the scans. We need to make sure that your descriptions of them are accurate - after all, you're the guy who said Gladiator could amp off his attackers etc.

carver9
Originally posted by BrolyBlack

I dont need to post the scans because ABHI knows exactly what showings im talking about.

Diesldude

BrolyBlack

carver9
Melt adamantium? Adamantium has melting point of 50K Kelvin. How's that impressive?

Also the "star" part is obvious hyperbolic as the dimension "mindless" Hulk was in was a waterland with no stars in sight.

Show us some actual feats, let's start with a basic feat for heralds, has Savage hulk ever withstood a planetary destruction? No scaling, actual feats from Hulk.

So it only counts when its Superman? Also, there are showings that are above planetary. You do know that, right? Also, there are only 2 beings in this thread that withstood a planet exploding on them and it ain't Superman.

h1a8
So it only counts when its Superman? Also, there are showings that are above planetary. You do know that, right? Also, there are only 2 beings in this thread that withstood a planet exploding on them and it ain't Superman.

You claim that Superman hasn't had a planet explode on him yet admit to Hulk not either, but assert that Hulk has better while ignoring that Superman has better too. Double standards much?

Booya_69
How's Surfer more durable than Superman? Or Hulk?
Ss has history of absorbing energy attacks to amplify and redirect them. He has also tanked energy blasts from aegis, tenebrous, Galactus, korvac, uni-lord. Not to mention he bathes in stars on the daily.

DarkSaint85
Ss has history of absorbing energy attacks to amplify and redirect them. He has also tanked energy blasts from aegis, tenebrous, Galactus, korvac, uni-lord. Not to mention he bathes in stars on the daily.

So does Supes.

He actually absorbed anti sunlight, for example. That's as far as amping as one can get - it's literally the anti of what feeds him. And he took it and survived with a smile.

A crap load of it too. When Surfer absorbs a huge amount of concentrated something that should kill him, with a smile, then sure.

Juntai
Tanked isnt the word I would use to describe what happens when A&T or Galactus one shot Surfer like an annoying flying insect.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Juntai
Tanked isnt the word I would use to describe what happens when A&T or Galactus one shot Surfer like an annoying flying insect.

This.

Booya_69

AlbertoJohnAvil
Juntai is on Abhis and Diesl level in terms of stupidity, this isnt surprising. laughing out loud

Juntai
He got slapped out of the air by a random blast. Looked knocked out nearly in fetal position, but did one last ditch blast from his back while Aegis reached down to squash him like a bug with her hand.

Then in the next encounter against them he got blasted one time and him and his board were all cracked looking/beat up again, a last ditch blast again and one more shot from Aegis and it was over.

Tanked. lol.

abhilegend
So you have no feats of Hulk even surviving a planetary destruction? Good to know. Originally posted by Booya_69
Bathing in stars is supposed to be impressive?

Superman has tanked attacks from cosmic beings too.

abhilegend

Booya_69
Even Thor has better stuff than that, forget about Superman.

Yeah, like what?
So You think ss is the weak link here?

abhilegend
Yeah, like what?
So You think ss is the weak link here?
Thor not dying from four attacks by a Galactus level being? How about taking multiple attacks from Odin? Or Celestials who were more powerful than Galactus at that point?

Superman has so many such showings, where to even start?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Thor not dying from four attacks by a Galactus level being? How about taking multiple attacks from Odin? Or Celestials who were more powerful than Galactus at that point?

Superman has so many such showings, where to even start?

Superman has zero showings against cosmic beings, stop lying all the time.

abhilegend
Superman has zero showings against cosmic beings, stop lying all the time.
laughing out loud

DarkSaint85
He has also tanked energy blasts from aegis, tenebrous,

This was the original post.

This was the 'fight'
https://i.postimg.cc/XZnLqf5Z/RCO025-1469314964.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/9Dd1c8D5/RCO027-1469314964.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/9D5J55FY/RCO028-1469314964.jpg

I wouldn't say tanked, lol.

Booya_69
Now posts scans of the second encounter and watch silver surfer tank a blast from tenebrous. Do it.

DarkSaint85
Now posts scans of the second encounter and watch silver surfer tank a blast from tenebrous. Do it.
It's all here:

https://m.imgur.com/a/U87Fg

He's not tanking it, lol. His board is all cracked, he's blasted off the board...

carver9

He doesn't need to tank it. Him withstanding attacks from 2 Galactus level beings is better than what most wouldve done. Surfer fts are solid.

DarkSaint85
Loving the goalpost moving.

By this logic, Batman surviving hits from heralds is better than most. His feats are solid.

I 10,000% agree with this smile

Booya_69
It's all here:

https://m.imgur.com/a/U87Fg

He's not tanking it, lol. His board is all cracked, he's blasted off the board...

He got blasted by a Galactus-rival being and immediately blasted back. It is what It is.

DarkSaint85
He got blasted by a Galactus-rival being and immediately blasted back. It is what It is.

Lol,no.
He got blasted by a Galactus rival being, his (damaged) board had to save him, and he then blasted back.

He didn't 'tank' anything. You also said he tanked Aegis?

h1a8
He doesn't need to tank it. Him withstanding attacks from 2 Galactus level beings is better than what most wouldve done. Surfer fts are solid. Name someone notable that T&A one shot with their typical blasts? Why is not dying from their blast impressive? What other high Herald level being do you think can't do equal or better?

carver9
Name someone notable that T&A one shot with their typical blasts? Why is not dying from their blast impressive? What other high Herald level being do you think can't do equal or better?

You should not debate on characters you have no clue about. Here Aegis one shot Galactus and before this, Tenebrous was fighting evenly with Galactus...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/53235/1070333-annihilation1_029.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/53235/1070334-annihilation1_030.jpg

h1a8
He got blasted by a Galactus-rival being and immediately blasted back. It is what It is. Getting stomped in the face and having your nose broke and face bloodied is not tanking anything.
You thinking a comic character with superhuman durability is going to die from a blast?

h1a8
You should not debate on characters you have no clue about. Here Aegis one shot Galactus and before this, Tenebrous was fighting evenly with Galactus...

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/53235/1070333-annihilation1_029.jpg

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/5/53235/1070334-annihilation1_030.jpg

So they didn't one shot anyone of notability with their blasts. Thanks for proving that.

Tbh, that's a bad showing for Surfer. Horrible.

carver9
So they didn't one shot anyone of notability with their blasts. Thanks for proving that.

Tbh, that's a bad showing for Surfer. Horrible.

Are you blind? Also, they didn't just BLAST surfer. At one point, he was punched so hard that it destroyed a ship the size of a moon. Youre trolling.

Booya_69
Getting stomped in the face and having your nose broke and face bloodied is not tanking anything.
You thinking a comic character with superhuman durability is going to die from a blast?

Lol
the responses are getting worse and worse.

abhilegend
How's getting twoshotted or four shotted to the point of Death by two Elder Gods a durability feat?

carver9
How's getting twoshotted or four shotted to the point of Death by two Elder Gods a durability feat?

Yes because they wasn't holding back and he was still conscious.

DarkSaint85
Lol

By your definition, Batman tanks herald attacks.

abhilegend
Yes because they wasn't holding back and he was still conscious.
Almost getting killed isn't a durability feat.

DarkSaint85

Yes it is. Batman tanked WW with the GoW amp, without his armour. She wasn't holding back either.

Didn't just survive it, he TANKED it. That gives him trans level durability ,imo.

h1a8
Lol

That's because you are getting dumber. You believe that suffering damage to the point of almost dying is tanking something.

If I'm wrong, then some show some typical comic examples of heralds not being able to to take blasts from Galactus level beings without dying. Since you assert this is the standard.

If you can't then you are clearly making shit up.

Booya_69

DarkSaint85
That's....really not what tanking is.

JBL
That's....really not what tanking is. What is your definition of tanking an attack? Because what he said is correct.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
What is your definition of tanking an attack? Because what he said is correct.

Not being affected.

Otherwise, Batman tanks herald level attacks.

JBL
Not being affected.

Otherwise, Batman tanks herald level attacks. With batman it's pis. He will tank them in comics but not on battleboards. If someone hit you with 500 lbs of force and it koes or kill you, yet hit me with the same amount of force and it knocks me down and hurt like hell but I stand back up, I effectively " tanked" that attacked.

DarkSaint85
So how do you draw the line at PIS and not?

Batman is merely human. Yet tanks herald attacks.

Surfer is merely herald. Yet tanks (according to your definition) abstract attacks.

So why is Batman's PIS, and Surfer's not?
For me, tanking is you standing there and taking the attack, maybe your head moves (if it hits your chin) and smiling.

Not floating there until your (damaged) board swoops in and saves you.

Booya_69
Originally posted by JBL
With batman it's pis. He will tank them in comics but not on battleboards. If someone hit you with 500 lbs of force and it koes or kill you, yet hit me with the same amount of force and it knocks me down and hurt like hell but I stand back up, I effectively " tanked" that attacked.

Booya!

DarkSaint85
Wait so you're defining being knocked over and expressions of pain as tanking?

Boo....ya?

Remember, Surfer's board is an extension of himself - and it was damaged smile

Diesldude

Booya_69

HumbleServant
IIRC Thor headbutted surfer and dented his head but Thors head was bleeding. Who is more durable?

carver9
Darksaint use Batman to belittle Marvel characters. Ignore it.

DarkSaint85
Ignore it?

It happened, in many canon comics. Why is it invalid?

Carver (and people can quote me on this): do you think Surfer tanked Tenebrous' attack?

abhilegend

DarkSaint85
And as per Booya, tanking can include being hurled backwards with an injured extension of yourself.

As long as he wasn't KOd, incapacitated or killed etc ,then it's all fair game. This will be good.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by HumbleServant
IIRC Thor headbutted surfer and dented his head but Thors head was bleeding. Who is more durable?

We'd need an x-ray of Thor's skull to answer that question.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
We'd need an x-ray of Thor's skull to answer that question.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fantheories/images/b/b3/Nwa_4533_02.jpg

carver9

Living after 2 near abstract levels beings pound on you without holding back is the ft. Example, Zaar pounding on Superman nearly kills him, Surfer pounded on by 2 beings that dwarfs Zaar in power nearly kills Surfer. See the difference here?

carver9
http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Action-Comics-1000-Superman-Brian-Michael-Bendis-Jim-Lee-DC-Comics-spoilers-11.jpg

http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Action-Comics-1000-Superman-Brian-Michael-Bendis-Jim-Lee-DC-Comics-spoilers-12.jpg

DarkSaint85
But you're cherry picking showings, Carver.

Apart from Nekron,who iirc hasn't hit Superman, who else in DC would be Galactus level or just below?

AlbertoJohnAvil

AlbertoJohnAvil

DarkSaint85
Did abhi say Superman tanked their attacks?

AlbertoJohnAvil
Lolwut? Superman wasn't koed in the previous issue. It was just a cliffhanger.

Also Lor Zod wasn't new to his powers. He was untested to someone more powerful than him which was Superman. Oneshotting a kryptoninan with HV is nigh unheard of. Name one herald level character who has done so without any circumstances.

Zod hasn't been wrecking Superman. He was blind in the fight and even with help of five villains Zod was unable to ko Superman even after an extended fight.
Where did Zod Jr koed Superman Carter?

DarkSaint85
So that's a no then laughing out loud

Booya_69

JBL
Wait so you're defining being knocked over and expressions of pain as tanking?

Boo....ya?

Remember, Surfer's board is an extension of himself - and it was damaged smile I know it's all for the love of Superman, but tanking an attack means not going down for the count. You can be staggered, dropped, hurt, stunned and bleeding, YET you are able to get back up, YOU TANKED THAT ATTACK! Also I LOVE how a certain poster can insult me and my family and get away with it, YET let me or anyone not for Superman do that and it's ban threats and warnings.

DarkSaint85

h1a8
Are you blind? Also, they didn't just BLAST surfer. At one point, he was punched so hard that it destroyed a ship the size of a moon. Youre trolling. Horrible showing. Surviving inside a star (not gaining power in the process) is better.

carver9
Surfer and Hulk stomps

Diesldude

abhilegend
Living after 2 near abstract levels beings pound on you without holding back is the ft. Example, Zaar pounding on Superman nearly kills him, Surfer pounded on by 2 beings that dwarfs Zaar in power nearly kills Surfer. See the difference here?
Again, almost dying isn't a feat. And lulz at bringing Zaar here, as if Surfer is always fighting Galactus level beings.

abhilegend

StiltmanFTW
Yes.

It was always said it's the exact same material.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/fantheories/images/b/b3/Nwa_4533_02.jpg

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

h1a8
Superman
WB Hulk
Surfer
Thor

In that order

carver9
Again, almost dying isn't a feat. And lulz at bringing Zaar here, as if Surfer is always fighting Galactus level beings.

What Zaar level character damaged Surfer anywhere close to what Zaar did to Superman?

So if I got into a fist fight against a full grown elephant and survived an all out thrashing from it, you wouldn't be impressed?

abhilegend
What Zaar level character damaged Surfer anywhere close to what Zaar did to Superman?

So if I got into a fist fight against a full grown elephant and survived an all out thrashing from it, you wouldn't be impressed?
Below Zaar you mean? Even some random Alephs have pierced Surfer just fine. A random monster was beating the shit out of him In Thy Name. That's just the top of my head.

No.

carver9
Below Zaar you mean? Even some random Alephs have pierced Surfer just fine. A random monster was beating the shit out of him In Thy Name. That's just the top of my head.

No.

Maybe I should've said recently.

Then you're a nut if you're not impressed with a human surviving a thrashing from an all out elephant.

DarkSaint85
Carver, would you say you tanked that elephant?

JBL
Carver, would you say you tanked that elephant? If he survived that elephants all out attack, then yes he tanked it. The other option is being killed. Superman and Doomsday were tanking each other's attack until the very end. Tanking something is not being destroyed or killed by an attack or blast. Just like Superman could not tank a gas station explosion. He got koed, so he DIDN'T tank it because it put him down for the count, yet gladiator tanked an explosion that would have annihilated half the solar system, he TANKED it because it couldn't put him down for the count.

JBL
It's amazing how certain people lack understanding. Tanking something means still being able to function no matter what the condition of the person or object is. If a train hits a car and that car is able to be driven away, it TANKED that collision. NAVY SHIPS HAVE TANKED TORPEDOES BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T GO DOWN, even though they were damaged.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
It's amazing how certain people lack understanding. Tanking something means still being able to function no matter what the condition of the person or object is. If a train hits a car and that car is able to be driven away, it TANKED that collision. NAVY SHIPS HAVE TANKED TORPEDOES BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T GO DOWN, even though they were damaged.

I just wanted to be clear and want to know if Carv also feels this way.

Because as for this thread, as per that definition....Thor tanked a vastly amped Hulk's punch:

https://imgur.com/gallery/Nn3lJKs

Thor was still able to function, able to get up, and talk etc. His memory was still intact (he was able to know who Cap was, who Odin was etc etc).

Originally posted by JBL
If he survived that elephants all out attack, then yes he tanked it. The other option is being killed. Superman and Doomsday were tanking each other's attack until the very end. Tanking something is not being destroyed or killed by an attack or blast. Just like Superman could not tank a gas station explosion. He got koed, so he DIDN'T tank it because it put him down for the count, yet gladiator tanked an explosion that would have annihilated half the solar system, he TANKED it because it couldn't put him down for the count.

So which is it? Surviving or KOed?

If that elephant KOd Carver, apparently you don't count it as tanking - but in the same post, say the only other alternative is dying.

What if the elephant stood on his back, breaking it and paralyzing him? He's not KOd, he's not dead - that's another option.

Or it rips his arms off. Now he can still get up, still walk around - but with no arms. Is he tanking the elephant?

So how do you draw the line at PIS and not?

Batman is merely human. Yet tanks herald attacks.

Surfer is merely herald. Yet tanks (according to your definition) abstract attacks.

So why is Batman's PIS, and Surfer's not?
For me, tanking is you standing there and taking the attack, maybe your head moves (if it hits your chin) and smiling.

Not floating there until your (damaged) board swoops in and saves you.

Still waiting on where you draw the line on PIS for all these fictional characters. Because atm, ALL of the JLA TANKED a magical kryptonian here:

https://i.postimg.cc/fR5Y6HvN/27-1.jpg

Whereas, imo - only Lantern and Batman are tanking it here.

JBL
I just wanted to be clear and want to know if Carv also feels this way.

Because as for this thread, as per that definition....Thor tanked a vastly amped Hulk's punch:

https://imgur.com/gallery/Nn3lJKs

Thor was still able to function, able to get up, and talk etc. His memory was still intact (he was able to know who Cap was, who Odin was etc etc).

So which is it? Surviving or KOed?

If that elephant KOd Carver, apparently you don't count it as tanking - but in the same post, say the only other alternative is dying.

What if the elephant stood on his back, breaking it and paralyzing him? He's not KOd, he's not dead - that's another option.

Or it rips his arms off. Now he can still get up, still walk around - but with no arms. Is he tanking the elephant?

Still waiting on where you draw the line on PIS for all these fictional characters. Because atm, ALL of the JLA TANKED a magical kryptonian here:

https://i.postimg.cc/fR5Y6HvN/27-1.jpg

Whereas, imo - only Lantern and Batman are tanking it here. Tanking something means being damaged or hurt but still being able to function. Like I said, if a car is hit by a train and damaged yet can be still driven down the street, then that car tanked that blow. If that car was hit by that train and took no damage at all.. then that's no selling. You are confusing the two. When Superman fired his heat vision at Thor it was hurting Thor but Thor was tanking it because he was still coming at Superman. But when human torch hit Gladiator with his fire, Gladiator no sold it because he was not damaged whatsoever.

DarkSaint85
Like I said, I want to see how Carver sees things. As it means Thor tanked a vastly amped Hulk, and it means the entire JLa tanked a magical Kryptonian in that scan.

And Batman tanks heralds. You never told me where you drew the line, why he is PIS and Surfer isn't. They are both fictional characters, and if you use the old 'he's just a human', then everything gets thrown out as nothing he does is human.

abhilegend
Maybe I should've said recently.

Then you're a nut if you're not impressed with a human surviving a thrashing from an all out elephant.
Its not my fault that Surfer has two appearances per year.

Because I've seen humans surviving such attacks.

JBL
Like I said, I want to see how Carver sees things. As it means Thor tanked a vastly amped Hulk, and it means the entire JLa tanked a magical Kryptonian in that scan.

And Batman tanks heralds. You never told me where you drew the line, why he is PIS and Surfer isn't. They are both fictional characters, and if you use the old 'he's just a human', then everything gets thrown out as nothing he does is human. Surfer can bath in water at 2000 degrees, batman cannot.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Surfer can bath in water at 2000 degrees, batman cannot.

What does 2000 degree water have to do with abstracts lol.

My question was if a low Meta (or street, up to you) level character like Batman 'tanking' attacks from several levels above him (i.e. heralds) is PIS, why is a heralds 'tanking' abstract level attacks NOT PIS?

I don't think you understand my question very well, lol. In both examples, a character is tanking attacks from other characters who are several levels above them.

Yet Batman is PIS, but Surfer isn't. Why?

By the by, here is Batman 'tanking' a bloodlusted Superman's HV, which is far beyond 2000 degrees.

https://comicvine1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/scale_super/11128/111282288/5156505-p00008.jpg

Unlike with WW/Doomsday, he wasn't out to torture Batman/Ruin. He wanted to kill him:
https://i.postimg.cc/q7hXys8H/RCO012-1469638242.jpg

Batman of course was still able to have the presence of mind to hold onto the floor and prevent himself from being sucked out of the satellite - he was still functioning:
https://i.postimg.cc/Xq8w4Q0d/RCO009-1469638242.jpg

My point with these scans being, you say that Batman can't swim in 2000 degree water (neither can Surfer, btw, as that is physically impossible lol) - but in comics, he has 'tanked' (as per your and Booya's definition) HV from a bloodlusted herald, one of the highest in DC/Marvel (I won't say the highest, as that is another discussion lmao).

DarkSaint85
And how powerful is Superman's HV when he wants to heat water up?

He creates a miniature, localised supernova:
https://i.imgur.com/88532V3.jpg

So yeah, Batman tanked Superman's HV, which in that specific scenario was arguably hotter than 2000 degrees.

But back to the point, in both scenarios, a character 'tanks' attacks from other characters several levels above them. But Surfer is not PIS, and Batman is?

JBL
And how powerful is Superman's HV when he wants to heat water up?

He creates a miniature, localised supernova:
https://i.imgur.com/88532V3.jpg

So yeah, Batman tanked Superman's HV, which in that specific scenario was arguably hotter than 2000 degrees.

But back to the point, in both scenarios, a character 'tanks' attacks from other characters several levels above them. But Surfer is not PIS, and Batman is? Batman tanks attacks because he's a hero and therefore will not be allowed to be killed. He's protected by pis. Surfer on the other hand was created by Galactus to transverse the universe which consists of stars, black holes radiation and such. Big difference.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Batman tanks attacks because he's a hero and therefore will not be allowed to be killed. He's protected by pis. Surfer on the other hand was created by Galactus to transverse the universe which consists of stars, black holes radiation and such. Big difference.

Surfer is also a hero, and Marvel writers don't allow him to be killed. So why isn't he protected by PIS?

He doesn't exist either. They are both fictional characters, lol. I am just wondering why we have these double standards. Surfer is a herald who 'tanks' abstract level attacks - not PIS. Batman is a meta who 'tank' herald level attacks - PIS.

If a writer tomorrow wanted to write a scene where Batman stands in the middle of the Omega Effect and laughs at Darkseid, he can (subject to editors etc of course, lol). If he wants to jump ship to work for Marvel, and have Surfer get KOd by a literal flying brick thrown by Daredevil, he also can.

But BOTH scenes would exist, and BOTH scenes would be in canon comics (assuming its not in an Elsewords/What If, of course). And we just have to bend over and take it.

AlbertoJohnAvil

DarkSaint85
Batman tanking herald attacks is nothing new thumb up

abhilegend

AlbertoJohnAvil
Tenebrous and Aegis are elder gods, not abstracts.

Surfer has never faced an abstract being.

laughing out loud yeah right like I'm gonna believe you. You REALLY think people take you serious hahahaha laughing Talk me to when you've finally read a comic my guy

DarkSaint85
No-selling:
https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/infinity-006-034.jpg

Tanking:
https://lowbrowcomics.files.wordpress.com/2016/02/infinity-006-035.jpg

To me, tanking something is you get damaged, but it is cosmetic. Maybe a bloodied lip, maybe your head moves. No-selling is you are completely unmoved. You don't even register it. The guy who hits you literally doesn't sell that attack at all.

Surfer (I think he was amped?) did not tank Tenebrous' attacks:
https://i.imgur.com/cwd3Q0T.jpg

He did not tank Aegis' attacks:
https://i.imgur.com/yJxaXjE.jpg

He survived them. But he was injured, pretty badly. That's not tanking. Tanking is what Thanos did to Thor's hammer strikes - he got moved, maybe some art could be argued to be scratched up, whatever, but he wasn't weakened at all - as evidenced when he then bodies Thor.

carver9
People definition of tanking is different and I don't fault anyone who's opinion is different from mine. Tanking in my opinion is when someone withstands an attack with no harm to them. No budging, bleeding, not even a scratch. They just stood there with no mention of harm. Juggernaut vs Thor God blast is a great example of this and even though the ground gave in after the attack, he still didn't suffer any damage. Didnt even acknowledge it. He was more surprised that it slowed him down.

JBL
No-selling:

Tanking:

To me, tanking something is you get damaged, but it is cosmetic. Maybe a bloodied lip, maybe your head moves. No-selling is you are completely unmoved. You don't even register it. The guy who hits you literally doesn't sell that attack at all.

He survived them. But he was injured, pretty badly. That's not tanking. Tanking is what Thanos did to Thor's hammer strikes - he got moved, maybe some art could be argued to be scratched up, whatever, but he wasn't weakened at all - as evidenced when he then bodies Thor. Why do the military call some if their weapons tanks? Why is the president's limo called a tank? Why are armored trucks that transport currency called tanks? They all are designed to take heavy damage yet keep going.

abhilegend
laughing out loud yeah right like I'm gonna believe you. You REALLY think people take you serious hahahaha laughing Talk me to when you've finally read a comic my guy
It really does not matter. Tenebrous and Aegis are elder gods.

Interestingly Tenebrous and Aegis are referred as Elder Gods and later it was revealed that ever since life was created they were weakened.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--j_QWnemreU/VRg1ymEtm9I/AAAAAAAJSvE/vpu0Bp3nQ7E/s1600/p1_29.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gkCC6YkQFQk/VRg3RkPYmYI/AAAAAAAJTD0/dXCM2o2qaAw/s1600/p8_21%2Bcopy.jpg

Which will put them in skyfather category and Galactus as well as both were equal to him.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-EHdsEK5eRO0/VRg1xqcCZLI/AAAAAAAJSuo/RvyTS_2Onh4/s1600/p1_27%2Bcopy.jpg

Get mad Galactus fanboys. Also a skyfather twoshotted Surfer and cracked his skin like eggshells.

laughing out loud

celeyhyga17
No-selling:

Tanking:

He survived them. But he was injured, pretty badly. That's not tanking. Tanking is what Thanos did to Thor's hammer strikes - he got moved, maybe some art could be argued to be scratched up, whatever, but he wasn't weakened at all - as evidenced when he then bodies Thor.
thumb up
Tanking has degrees. Ure tanking is my tanking methinks. Cosign.

h1a8
This should end this argument.
Whoever think Surfer getting attacked by A and T was a great durability feat then please
post typical examples (to establish the norm) of high heralds dying once getting blasted by Galactus level characters.

You guys claim that what Surfer did wasn't the norm for heralds. Please prove it. Where are the examples?

carver9
I agree with Dark on his definition of tanking and no selling. Made my stomach ache even typing that.

DarkSaint85
My eyes ache every time I read Carver's posts, so there's that.

carver9
This should end this argument.
Whoever think Surfer getting attacked by A and T was a great durability feat then please
post typical examples (to establish the norm) of high heralds dying once getting blasted by Galactus level characters.

You guys claim that what Surfer did wasn't the norm for heralds. Please prove it. Where are the examples?

Beta Ray Bill gets koed from a thunderclap from Galactus. Same story, Bill survived being in the sun, tanked 3 planets exploding on him and withstood the pull of a black hole. Anything else???

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-5750e786263d91427c430eb14aaece2a

DarkSaint85
Lmao, so not dying then. Is English your first language? Are you drunk?

JBL
4 people walking down the street. Someone drives by and throws a bomb at them. The bomb explodes. They all feel the same force of the explosion.
1. One guy is completely unharmed. No-selling.
2. Second guy knocked down, stunned and hurt, yet gets up and asks what the hell happened and start chasing the car along with the first guy. Tanking.
3. Third guy arm is blown off and he's bleeding like hell, yet he's still alive but needs medical attention. Survived is his case.
4. Last guy blown to bits. Dead.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
thumb up
Tanking has degrees. Ure tanking is my tanking methinks. Cosign. Originally posted by carver9
I agree with Dark on his definition of tanking and no selling. Made my stomach ache even typing that.

thumb up

DarkSaint85
Beta Ray Bill gets koed from a thunderclap from Galactus. Same story, Bill survived being in the sun, tanked 3 planets exploding on him and withstood the pull of a black hole. Anything else???

*Searches the tier thread*

*Sees BRB is a MID HERALD*

*Reads Carver's post replying to H1 asking for HIGH heralds*

JBL
thumb up No-selling and tanking are not the same thing.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
No-selling and tanking are not the same thing.

Glad we agree.

abhilegend

He was going to be atomized in the black hole and could not resist the pull of the black hole. That puts him in the range of Byrne Era Superman.

Let's see all these people against objective feats of durability, shall we?

Black Holes
Supernovas
Planetary destruction

Superman comes in top in each category.

JBL
Glad we agree. not quite. You think tanking is taking no damage or very little damage, that's not what the term tanking means. the term tanking means taking damage and still being able to function properly. Even the army use the term. The Navy use the term tanking if Mike Tyson hit me in the face and it does absolutely nothing and I start laughing, then that's no selling, now if he hits me knock me down and I get back up and still laugh, that's tanking even though it hurt like hell and I took damage but I was able to get back up and continue to fight or in other words function.

carver9
He was going to be atomized in the black hole and could not resist the pull of the black hole. That puts him in the range of Byrne Era Superman.

Let's see all these people against objective feats of durability, shall we?

Black Holes
Supernovas
Planetary destruction

Superman comes in top in each category.

When was it said he was going to get atomized by a black hole?

abhilegend
When was it said he was going to get atomized by a black hole?
https://i.postimg.cc/QFmgwhJp/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/PLqbk9S0/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/7GGg578V/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/tZKFWT9H/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/tnFW5jgn/image.jpg

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
not quite. You think tanking is taking no damage or very little damage, that's not what the term tanking means. the term tanking means taking damage and still being able to function properly. Even the army use the term. The Navy use the term tanking if Mike Tyson hit me in the face and it does absolutely nothing and I start laughing, then that's no selling, now if he hits me knock me down and I get back up and still laugh, that's tanking even though it hurt like hell and I took damage but I was able to get back up and continue to fight or in other words function.

Cool, argue with celey and carver if you want smile

h1a8
So basically we are arguing semantics.
In that case, the feat is Surfer taking attacks from A & T without dying. Am i right?

In that case, then the onus is on those to prove that it is not the norm for a herald level being to do such things. Give multiple examples where similar level beings as A & T are able to kill herald level beings with a single blast or two. Establish the norm and then we must accept the feat as a great feat.

abhilegend
Still waiting for the actual durability feats from Surfer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.