Did Palpatine raise the sith fleet using the force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx
It kinda seemed like he did, but that would be an insane feat. Does the book shed any light on this?

Scizard
Galan confirmed it was a vision a while back IIRC.

Galan007
Yep. The novelization confirms that the fleet being raised was part of a vision that Palpatine placed in Kylo's mind.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Galan007
Yep. The novelization confirms that the fleet being raised was part of a vision that Palpatine placed in Kylo's mind.

**The novelization confirms the Sith fleet rising was seen via Force vision from Sidious to Kylo. It doesn't mean the Sith fleet didn't rise as seen in the vision.

Galan007
That's not how it reads to me. Seemed like the entire thing was just a vision. /shrug

xPRIMEx
Ok thanks

The_Tempest
That's not how it reads to me. Seemed like the entire thing was just a vision. /shrug

There's nothing in the text that indicates that.

When Kylo goes to Exegol on screen, there's no fleet in the air. When Palpatine raises his hands, the fleet rises from the ground and the navigation tower unfurls and the fleet is now in orbit.

This isn't a vision in that the entire scene is fabricated. Clearly the fleet rose between Kylo's arrival and his departure.

It's Palpatine enabling Kylo to see what's literally happening outside.

Galan007
I'm referring moreso to the notion that Palpatine used the Force to TK-raise the entire fleet himself(as the OP asked.)

Nothing indicates that he did so. The excerpt in the novelization where Kylo senses Palpatine "drawing upon the Force" just before the fleet rises, is likely referring to him gathering the Force in order to insert the aforementioned vision into Kylo's mind.

The_Tempest
I'm referring moreso to the notion that Palpatine used the Force to TK-raise the entire fleet himself(as the OP asked.)

Nothing indicates that he did so. The excerpt in the novelization where Kylo senses Palpatine "drawing upon the Force" just before the fleet rises, is likely referring to him gathering the Force in order to insert the aforementioned vision into Kylo's mind.

I agree there's no evidence from the novel that he TK'd the fleet to make it rise.

I just wanted to clarify the fleet rising was not a vision.

Galan007
thumb up

relentless1
of course Sidious didn't raise the fleet lol the Star destroyers were clearly active and running when they emerged from the surface of Exegol, watch the scene again, the thrusters are on.

The Merchant
Yeah

Superdad76
that is weird

that the emperor had illusionn powers

Rebel95
Seemed like it to me just from watching the movie. He raises his hands and appears to use the force (electricity on his hands)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.