Foundation (Apple TV)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
The Isaac Asimov series. I've never read the books, but I hear good things.

Greatly looking forward to this...

3Gdm40MPYnw&t=

Patient_Leech
This looks like it's going to be epic AF...

wvOAA1U0li8

BruceSkywalker
cast please

samhain
Awesome news. Gonna go out and buy/read all the books now so I can be one of those people when the show comes out.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by samhain
Awesome news. Gonna go out and buy/read all the books now so I can be one of those people when the show comes out.

Don't be one of those people. Just watch and enjoy the show on its own merits. lol.

I've never read any of the books and certainly won't before I see the show. But maybe if I like the show enough I will.

Old Man Whirly!
Very excited

Patient_Leech
Little featurette of hype...

tmv92GzD0pY

Robtard
Two more days thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
Could all go to shit, but I'm digging it so far man!

Patient_Leech
I'm hoping to start this at some point, maybe this weekend.

I read that it's ideally to be spread out into like 8 seasons or something like that.

I hope it does that well, but it just doesn't seem likely... an obscure sci-fi story on a random streaming service that no one has. Do they? I don't really know how big AppleTV is, but I doubt it's like Amazon prime or Netflix something.

ares834
I wouldn't call the Foundation "obscure". Sure, it's nowhere near as book as something like Star Trek, but it's still one of the most popular and influential sci-fi book series of all time. It is a weird choice to adapt though. It certainly does not have mass appeal and Asimov has always been better know for his ideas presented in his books rather than his plots or characters.

Robtard
First one was very slow and a bit messy. Second did better at world and character building. Still taking this one ep at a time, not fully sold on it.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by ares834
I wouldn't call the Foundation "obscure". Sure, it's nowhere near as book as something like Star Trek, but it's still one of the most popular and influential sci-fi book series of all time. It is a weird choice to adapt though. It certainly does not have mass appeal and Asimov has always been better know for his ideas presented in his books rather than his plots or characters.

I would consider it obscure to the layperson. Even I, a pretty big fan of sci-fi, hadn't heard of it until maybe 5-8 years ago.

And the story sounds a bit intellectual and esoteric.. perhaps even moreso than Dune.

Old Man Whirly!
This show is marvellous. I hope people are seeing that.

Patient_Leech
My friends and I are hoping to have a mid-season binge.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
My friends and I are hoping to have a mid-season binge. episode 5 was the moment the show lived up to its potential.

Patient_Leech
Good to know.

I've been looking forward to seeing it and I even want to support it, but I don't have Apple TV and I'm tired of all these things requiring a subscription. I'm not signing up for another f#cking streaming service. I think my friend plans to start his trial around mid-season and we'll get together and watch.

Old Man Whirly!
Good to know.

I've been looking forward to seeing it and I even want to support it, but I don't have Apple TV and I'm tired of all these things requiring a subscription. I'm not signing up for another f#cking streaming service. I think my friend plans to start his trial around mid-season and we'll get together and watch. only one way for me to get it in Nigeria PL.

Patient_Leech
If it's the way I think you're alluding to, I tried that way too, and I was having technical difficulties with it. Very weird technical difficulties.

Old Man Whirly!
If it's the way I think you're alluding to, I tried that way too, and I was having technical difficulties with it. Very weird technical difficulties. That is weird. Is your VPN O.K?

Old Man Whirly!
Going from strength to strength.

cdtm
I kind of lost interest in the books when they brought in the second foundation. All the political intrigue and magic of a "seldon plan" makes way for superpowered body snatching shenanigans. If you need psychics to literally reprogram you, the Seldon Plan is a failure I'd say.

cdtm
Know what would be the greatest crossover ever? Dune and Foundation.

Just to see the Seldon Plan clash with the Bene Gesserit.

Personally my money's on the Second Foundation being more OP. They can directly reprogram minds, after all.

Patient_Leech
Was this show any good? Did it flop?

jaden_2.0
Doesn't everything on Apple TV?

Robtard
Was this show any good? Did it flop?

Was a mixed bag for me, some episodes held my interest, others I watched while messing around with my phone, it did improve about half way through.

I overall liked it enough to give season 2 a chance.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Doesn't everything on Apple TV?

Have you not seen Ted F**king Lasso!?

Get on it today!

Old Man Whirly!
I thought Foundation was superb and yeah, Ted Lasso is brilliant.

Robtard
Foundation was a mixed bag of ups and downs for me. Still good enough to give season 2 a try.

Agreed on Lasso, extremely good show.

Defending Jacob (2020) was a decent mini series on Apple+, if you're into murder mystery.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Robtard
Foundation was a mixed bag of ups and downs for me. Still good enough to give season 2 a try.

Agreed on Lasso, extremely good show.

Defending Jacob (2020) was a decent mini series on Apple+, if you're into murder mystery. I enjoyed the start of mosquito Coast a lot then it went to shit.

Robtard
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
I enjoyed the start of mosquito Coast a lot then it went to shit.

Mosquito Coast did slope downward a bit for me as it went on, but I'm still giving the 2nd season a shot. Even though I kinda know what happens, or should happen.

Patient_Leech
I haven't even watched this yet, but here is season 2...

HiUZ5lFwasc

Old Man Whirly!
I haven't even watched this yet, but here is season 2...

HiUZ5lFwasc It's a great adaptation, they have done things to the timeline for TV, but I loved it. If you like Dune (and you do) you should love Foundation.

Robtard
Oh shit, starts up this week.

Going to have to watch one of those 5-10min Youtube recaps for season 1.

Old Man Whirly!
Oh shit, starts up this week.

Going to have to watch one of those 5-10min Youtube recaps for season 1. I thought the space hajj episode was superb in season 1.

Robtard
It had some great episodes and some not to great ones. Overall enjoyable though.

And you're right about Patient Leech needing to watch this, just the right mix of heavy SciFi, deep politics space opera with tall muscular gay men PL loves.

Old Man Whirly!
It had some great episodes and some not to great ones. Overall enjoyable though.

And you're right about Patient Leech needing to watch this, just the right mix of heavy SciFi, deep politics space opera with tall muscular gay men PL loves. laughing out loud I agree with you it got better as it went on. I read the books, long ago in my teens, and dipped in them again while it was on... thanks to CDTM believe it or not. They are still an O.K. read.

jaden_2.0

Robtard
Jaden 3.0 would be watching Ted Lasso, just saying.

jaden_2.0
Nah

Patient_Leech

Patient_Leech
It's a great adaptation, they have done things to the timeline for TV, but I loved it. If you like Dune (and you do) you should love Foundation.

Thanks for the recommend. It's hard getting our kids to bed in time. But maybe if I can get my wife hooked on it...

Is there a strong character driven element? (That tends to help my wife get hooked.)

jaden_2.0
https://i.gifer.com/B9Vx.gif

You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about

Old Man Whirly!
Thanks for the recommend. It's hard getting our kids to bed in time. But maybe if I can get my wife hooked on it...

Is there a strong character driven element? (That tends to help my wife get hooked.) To a point, like Dune it has a lot of characters, the characterisation and the plot have some give and take. The Emperor... is the Emperor, I won't spoil it.

cdtm
To a point, like Dune it has a lot of characters, the characterisation and the plot have some give and take. The Emperor... is the Emperor, I won't spoil it.

I read the original.trilogy and part of the add ons.

Was disappointed by the execution of The Second Foundation post Mule. As a safeguard against such aberration, ok fine. But then they started manipulating everyone and everything, and it made the Seldon Plan start to look like a dismal failure on the math end if a secret group of psychics can't let things be without meddling.

Robtard
To a point, like Dune it has a lot of characters, the characterisation and the plot have some give and take. The Emperor... is the Emperor, I won't spoil it.

But you already have, Whirly. You've spoilt everything!

cdtm
Emperor is a character, that's for sure.

One point I never quite understood; Was the man Hari was dealing with, who was identified as the real power behind the Emperor, meant as some form of "shadow government" leader?

E.g. illuminati? Or is there a real life equivalent in the historical Rome the series is based on, who actually called the shots while the Emperor looked pretty? Or what?

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by cdtm
Emperor is a character, that's for sure.

One point I never quite understood; Was the man Hari was dealing with, who was identified as the real power behind the Emperor, meant as some form of "shadow government" leader?

E.g. illuminati? Or is there a real life equivalent in the historical Rome the series is based on, who actually called the shots while the Emperor looked pretty? Or what? but that was part of the point of the books, the future cannot be predicted. Anomalies like mule happen.

cdtm
but that was part of the point of the books, the future cannot be predicted. Anomalies like mule happen.

Right, but The Mule is a super powered mutant. I'm talking the everyday nudging of people they kept doing behind the scenes, like that head of state to avert a war, or the coalition of investigators starting with one of the protagonists daughters from the literal cradle.

When you're at the point you reprogram infants, you're past preparations for the unknown, and well into forcing society to shape as you see fit. It calls into question whether Psychohistory ever worked, because a group of Charles Xaviers had been nudging Salvor Hardin, Hober Mallow, Arcadia (Again, reprogrammed as an infant, and who knows what other events.

That, and the Seldon plan never accounted for the Second Foundation itself becoming a threat. Who could stop them if they had? Basically in their way the Second Foundation would become even more dangerous than The Mule, due to their secrecy and absolute ability to influence people.

An "Illuminati" if you will. smile

cdtm
But at the end of the day, basically my real gripe is the demystify of Psychohistory.

The fact is, I liked that the plan just worked. A magic equation, why not? The fun came from seeing how things keep trucking along as planned.

The Mule I didn't mind so much because it added extra flavor. It was the first time the plan failed, the first time the Foundation was defeated.

Then came the retcons, and the miraculous Psychohistory is reveled that it never worked as intended. Harbor Seldin wasn't a genius who Hari somehow predicted would pop up to keep events on course, he was just a man the psychics nudged in the right direction.

Why even have a plan at all, if psychics could fix everything.

Old Man Whirly!
But you already have, Whirly. You've spoilt everything! Not you too now Rob... laughing out loud

Old Man Whirly!
But at the end of the day, basically my real gripe is the demystify of Psychohistory.

The fact is, I liked that the plan just worked. A magic equation, why not? The fun came from seeing how things keep trucking along as planned.

The Mule I didn't mind so much because it added extra flavor. It was the first time the plan failed, the first time the Foundation was defeated.

Then came the retcons, and the miraculous Psychohistory is reveled that it never worked as intended. Harbor Seldin wasn't a genius who Hari somehow predicted would pop up to keep events on course, he was just a man the psychics nudged in the right direction.

Why even have a plan at all, if psychics could fix everything. they didn't fix everything though.

cdtm
they didn't fix everything though.

No, but their very existence and activity raises the question of how much of Hari's plan is his vision, and how much is the Second Foundation stealth reprogramming.

Think of it like this, if society is a complex AI, and the programmer predicts its behavior patterns over a five year span, lets it loose in the wild, and continually reprograms it if it strays too far from the prediction, then the prediction was inaccurate.

The Psychohistory element of Foundations was initially presented as a kind of fortune telling. The Mule pops in with "magic", something Hari could not have considered in his plan, to ruin the plan. The Second Foundation is revealed as an emergency measure against the unexpected.

If that was as far as it went, then fine. But they are very much active in shaping the plan. Yes, they have a code, but is the element of a group of psychics really necessary? Does a "benevolent guiding hand" need to exist at all?

If the answer is "yes", then why bother with Psychohistory as a plot element? Strictly speaking, the psychics could force the plan into being, but choose not to. So why don't they? What stops them from doing so?

And if The Second Foundation did not exist, could Psychohistory stand without them, assuming no further aberration like The Mule interfered? If it was only society as it was presented in the first Foundations novel, based off the Roman Empire, could it have worked?

Psychics playing "guiding hand" muddied the waters, at least from my vantage point.

Old Man Whirly!
No, but their very existence and activity raises the question of how much of Hari's plan is his vision, and how much is the Second Foundation stealth reprogramming.

Think of it like this, if society is a complex AI, and the programmer predicts its behavior patterns over a five year span, lets it loose in the wild, and continually reprograms it if it strays too far from the prediction, then the prediction was inaccurate.

The Psychohistory element of Foundations was initially presented as a kind of fortune telling. The Mule pops in with "magic", something Hari could not have considered in his plan, to ruin the plan. The Second Foundation is revealed as an emergency measure against the unexpected.

If that was as far as it went, then fine. But they are very much active in shaping the plan. Yes, they have a code, but is the element of a group of psychics really necessary? Does a "benevolent guiding hand" need to exist at all?

If the answer is "yes", then why bother with Psychohistory as a plot element? Strictly speaking, the psychics could force the plan into being, but choose not to. So why don't they? What stops them from doing so?

And if The Second Foundation did not exist, could Psychohistory stand without them, assuming no further aberration like The Mule interfered? If it was only society as it was presented in the first Foundations novel, based off the Roman Empire, could it have worked?

Psychics playing "guiding hand" muddied the waters, at least from my vantage point. the plot evolved beyond psychohistory as I said earlier.

cdtm
the plot evolved beyond psychohistory as I said earlier.

But was it a necessary evolution?

Kind of like Midichlorians in Star Wars. smile

cdtm
Btw, I just read a Substack where they claim The Mule was never meant to beat The Foundation.

Honestly I'm glad he did, the string of wins laid a perfect foundation for it to have real impact. It certainly would have grown stale if it was unbeatable all the time.

Old Man Whirly!
Btw, I just read a Substack where they claim The Mule was never meant to beat The Foundation.

Honestly I'm glad he did, the string of wins laid a perfect foundation for it to have real impact. It certainly would have grown stale if it was unbeatable all the time. Thing is randomness always led to crisises anyway with Hari's Math.

cdtm
Aye. thumb up

Also been digging in to the Roman inspirations Asimov drew from.

Of interest of who The Mule is based on, and who or what The Second is supposed to represent.

Old Man Whirly!
Aye. thumb up

Also been digging in to the Roman inspirations Asimov drew from.

Of interest of who The Mule is based on, and who or what The Second is supposed to represent. Interesting.

Patient_Leech
I did watch the first episode of season 1 and it was excellent.

It'll probably take me a million years to get through the season, but I liked it...

And it seems like Season 2 is getting some good reviews...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/foundation/s02

Old Man Whirly!

It'll probably take me a million years to get through the season, but I liked it...

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/foundation/s02 episode 1 season 2 was too good. Again it's deviating but what they are doing is working for the now, rather than 60 - 70 years ago when it was written. Thinking about that freaks me out tbh. I'm 56, this story is older than me. Hell Star Wars is almost 50 years ago now. The comics that get argued about are often 30, 40, 50 years old. Where is the new art?

cdtm
episode 1 season 2 was too good. Again it's deviating but what they are doing is working for the now, rather than 60 - 70 years ago when it was written. Thinking about that freaks me out tbh. I'm 56, this story is older than me. Hell Star Wars is almost 50 years ago now. The comics that get argued about are often 30, 40, 50 years old. Where is the new art?

Some changes are inevitable considering the times I'm afraid. While reading it more then once I thought "That would never get said today."

Patient_Leech
episode 1 season 2 was too good. Again it's deviating but what they are doing is working for the now, rather than 60 - 70 years ago when it was written. Thinking about that freaks me out tbh. I'm 56, this story is older than me. Hell Star Wars is almost 50 years ago now. The comics that get argued about are often 30, 40, 50 years old. Where is the new art?

That is pretty crazy to think about.

I will probably try to make my way through the show, but it will likely take me a while, because I am going to have to do some reading and studying online about the story and characters and such so I can follow it better, heh. This wiki will probably be my friend for a while...

https://foundation.fandom.com/wiki/Foundation_Wiki

jaden_2.0
Just had the moment of realisation that Jared Harris of Hari Seldon and Velery Legasov from Chernobyl fame is the son of Richard Harris of original Dumbledore/Marcus Aurelius in Gladiator etc fame.

Old Man Whirly!
Just had the moment of realisation that Jared Harris of Hari Seldon and Velery Legasov from Chernobyl fame is the son of Richard Harris of original Dumbledore/Marcus Aurelius in Gladiator etc fame. now you say it, I can see it. Even, I dare say, hear it.

Old Man Whirly!
That is pretty crazy to think about.

I will probably try to make my way through the show, but it will likely take me a while, because I am going to have to do some reading and studying online about the story and characters and such so I can follow it better, heh. This wiki will probably be my friend for a while...

https://foundation.fandom.com/wiki/Foundation_Wiki Yes, it really is. You will enjoy, I promise you.

Robtard
Just had the moment of realisation that Jared Harris of Hari Seldon and Velery Legasov from Chernobyl fame is the son of Richard Harris of original Dumbledore/Marcus Aurelius in Gladiator etc fame.

I figured that out way back when he was a character (Lane Pryce) on seasons 3-5 of Mad Men.

Robtard > you

Robtard

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/foundation/s02

^See Whirly, told you tall muscular gay men would do it for PL

Robtard

Watched ep 1 last night, was a very good season starter.

Old Man Whirly!
Watched ep 1 last night, was a very good season starter. Yes, it really was. With it and warrior on, I am happy as Larry. That's all the TV I need. I think oppenheimer can be torrented btw.

Robtard
I have several shows that make be happy right now as well.

Oppenheimer is something I must watch on the big screen first even though it's not visually driven film. Then I'll DL it when a 1080p rip is available.

BTW, I'm back to around 3700-3800 films smile

Old Man Whirly!
I have several shows that make be happy right now as well.

Oppenheimer is something I must watch on the big screen first even though it's not visually driven film. Then I'll DL it when a 1080p rip is available.

BTW, I'm back to around 3700-3800 films smile fantastic Rob, I still haven't set up my server no time right now. I am off to the UK for 9 days Thursday. The kids are going with the Mrs tomorrow to see gran. I fly Thursday and have upgraded secretly for myself to business class hehe smile Did you know Slow horses, Ted Lasso and Foundation are all Apple... it's starting to get good.

Patient_Leech

https://media.tenor.com/bD9vHNiR1rQAAAAd/boom-mind-blown.gif

Patient_Leech
^See Whirly, told you tall muscular gay men would do it for PL

Lmao... laughing out loud

Is the genetic clone dynasty gay? Do they fu#k themselves? Because if so that's much more deviant.

I'm still trying to learn the world building here, so feel free to help a brotha out.

Robtard
Lmao... laughing out loud

Is the genetic clone dynasty gay? Do they fu#k themselves? Because if so that's much more deviant.

I'm still trying to learn the world building here, so feel free to help a brotha out.

Hmm, could be I guess. But would that be gay sex or just masturbation? Cos they're f**king their own self. I kid though, the Empire isn't written as a gay man afaik, just that Lee Pace the actor is an openly gay man.

You have to pay attention, its easy for little things to slip by and then they become relevant later on. Empire (the emperor) and his empire is a massively corrupt and decayed system. Herbert took cues from these books it seems when writing the emperor in Dune.

Whirly's far more knowledgeable here as he's read the books

Patient_Leech
Alright, so I'm going through this show a lot faster than I thought. Really digging it.

I have 3 more episodes in Season 1. I'm actually trying to slow down a little, because it'll suck if I catch up and have to wait each week for a new episode.. heh.

I think I saw that Season 3 is already in development? Is this going to be affected by the strike(s)? Or is it more overseas 'n such?

Old Man Whirly!
I think strikes will affect, as an American lead actor PL.

cdtm
Before I start this, an important question;

What can I expect in terms of representation? Like is about all the cast a different gender, sex, and ethnicity now?

Sign of the times but I'm going into this expecting a riff on the Roman Empire as the books were written on, and am imaging a trans woman Emperor.

Patient_Leech
Before I start this, an important question;

What can I expect in terms of representation? Like is about all the cast a different gender, sex, and ethnicity now?

Sign of the times but I'm going into this expecting a riff on the Roman Empire as the books were written on, and am imaging a trans woman Emperor.

The Emperor is a handsome, warm-blooded American white guy. So I'm sure that will please you. Although, I hear reports that maybe he's gay IRL? I dunno.

But who cares. Why are you obsessing about gender, sex, and ethnicity? It's a good show.

And yes, I think at least from some minor behind-the-scenes stuff I've seen it sounds like they did take some cues from Ancient Rome, etc at least for some wardrobe and set-piece choices.

I think strikes will affect, as an American lead actor PL.

Bummer... sad

cdtm
What can I say PL, if everyone didn't wanna see someone who looked like them diversity casting wouldn't be a thing. stick out tongue

Never said I wouldn't see it, I watched Transformers Rise of the Beast and literally every human protagonist is not white.

jaden_2.0
You'd almost be forgiven for thinking that most people in the world aren't white.

Robtard
The Emperor is a handsome, warm-blooded American white guy. So I'm sure that will please you. Although, I hear reports that maybe he's gay IRL? I dunno.

But who cares. Why are you obsessing about gender, sex, and ethnicity? It's a good show.

And yes, I think at least from some minor behind-the-scenes stuff I've seen it sounds like they did take some cues from Ancient Rome, etc at least for some wardrobe and set-piece choices.

Lee Pace is married to a man, so probably is gay.

Because Rightist love their nonsense identity politics and everyone knows that 50,000 years into the future humans will all be a White males.

cdtm
You'd almost be forgiven for thinking that most people in the world aren't white.

You mean the same way most are straight and binary?

Glad to see even Jaden can set up an easy swing. stick out tongue

cdtm
Lee Pace is married to a man, so probably is gay.

Because Rightist love their nonsense identity politics and everyone knows that 50,000 years into the future humans will all be a White males.

Rob, I hate to break it to you but up until very recently most developed nations were white and male.

That's just a fact.

(Note to mods, notice Rob brought politics into it with his comment about "Rightists", I was merely replying to him.)

jaden_2.0
You mean the same way most are straight and binary?

Glad to see even Jaden can set up an easy swing. stick out tongue

Lucky for you people can't tell by the way you look.

cdtm
Lucky for you people can't tell by the way you look.

That was back when they kept it in the closet. 😓

Now they have shrinking guys in people anus's.

cdtm
Hey Jaden did you hear the one about John Travolta and the Asian massage girl he yelled at over not giving out Happy Ending's? (This is me doing a phase shift btw, it's my brand)

He allegedly told her he swallowed more loads then most prostitutes and isn't even gay, she could do one for him.

Obviously everyone roasted him over it, but I think they buried the lead on the fact Travolta just may have been another victim of a #Metoo like scandal.

Why ELSE would he even do that if someone with power wasn't holding it over him?

Robtard
Ep2 was also good, glad they once again went into how the Emperor remains in power/alive

cdtm
Spoiler; The Emperor is nothing. Hari Seldon is the one ro focus on.

Don't get too caught up on the minute to minutes, this is a story that stretches out over a VERY long time.

jaden_2.0
Hey Jaden did you hear the one about John Travolta and the Asian massage girl he yelled at over not giving out Happy Ending's? (This is me doing a phase shift btw, it's my brand)

He allegedly told her he swallowed more loads then most prostitutes and isn't even gay, she could do one for him.

Obviously everyone roasted him over it, but I think they buried the lead on the fact Travolta just may have been another victim of a #Metoo like scandal.

Why ELSE would he even do that if someone with power wasn't holding it over him?

I did not hear that, no.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised that a man who gained fame doing musicals turned out to be gay though.

I'm also pretty sure acting and drama in general have a higher proportion of gay men than most professions.

cdtm
So the Seldon Plan;

The idea is that society is collapsing, and you need a plan or it will take 100,000 years to rebuild instead of 1,000.

Sounds good, except from reading the books society is all over the place. Plenty of planets have modern conveniences, advances in technology, fully functional urban centers, transport both on world and off planet. There are of course areas not doing so well, but you get that in any civilization.

I guess what I"m noticing, is Seldon never really defined what a completed plan even looks like or stated his goals. Does he want to rebuild the Empire at his peak? Is that even a desirable goal, given it collapsed and had a lot of corruption?

Personally I think everything was fine as it was in the later books.

Patient_Leech
I finished Season 1 and Started Season 2. The first episode of Season 2 was great...

Old Man Whirly!
I finished Season 1 and Started Season 2. The first episode of Season 2 was great... it was superb. My fave episode is still Empire on the space Hajj.

Robtard
Good last episode, apparently some people are mad because "the gays" are portrayed as two manly kickass badboys. Silly bastard be silly.

Filming of season 3 has shut down, along with everything else. So expect delays on a release date.

cdtm
I'm sure no one cares, but keep falling for the provocateurs they gotta eat too I guess.

Robtard
Um, you stopped watching 'The Last Of Us' because of a lesbian kiss...

cdtm
Um, you stopped watching 'The Last Of Us' because of a lesbian kiss...

I never started watching. stick out tongue

If I was gonna really stop over that kind of thing it should have been with The Boys anal massage, that's just nasty. Fully animated!

Robtard
You're lying again.

cdtm
You're lying again.

Or I was lying THEN. 😁

Trust me, I NEVER lie.

When I'm telling the truth.

Old Man Whirly!
Good last episode, apparently some people are mad because "the gays" are portrayed as two manly kickass badboys. Silly bastard be silly.

Filming of season 3 has shut down, along with everything else. So expect delays on a release date. Not up to date with anything yet, will enjoy that if true... Gay, bi, ****ing horses as long as it's consentual and between adults who cares. Thing about ****ing horses is they usually say naaaaay, unless its Julia Roberts, the old nag. I lie, I still fancy the pants off Julia Roberts, ever since Erin Brokevich sp/

Robtard
Not up to date with anything yet, will enjoy that if true... Gay, bi, ****ing horses as long as it's consentual and between adults who cares. Thing about ****ing horses is they usually say naaaaay, unless its Julia Roberts, the old nag. I lie, I still fancy the pants off Julia Roberts, ever since Erin Brokevich sp/ She had a nice pair of titties in Erin Brockovich thumb up

Old Man Whirly!
She had a nice pair of titties in Erin Brockovich thumb up Originally posted by Robtard
She had a nice pair of titties in Erin Brockovich thumb up Yeah, she did indeed. I think she's a good actress tbh.

Robtard
She's decent, at least I've enjoyed several of her films.

Patient_Leech
Not up to date with anything yet, will enjoy that if true... Gay, bi, ****ing horses as long as it's consentual and between adults who cares. Thing about ****ing horses is they usually say naaaaay, unless its Julia Roberts, the old nag. I lie, I still fancy the pants off Julia Roberts, ever since Erin Brokevich sp/

laughing out loud

it was superb. My fave episode is still Empire on the space Hajj.

Yeah! That episode was great!!

Filming of season 3 has shut down, along with everything else. So expect delays on a release date.

sad

Old Man Whirly!
Anyone notice the Generals healing factor?

Robtard
The Bel Riose character?

No surprise though, being a warrior and genetically engineered to heal faster makes sense.

Old Man Whirly!
The Bel Riose character?

No surprise though, being a warrior and genetically engineered to heal faster makes sense. Yes, and it does, it's the world building touches like that which are starting to set this show apart from other TV Sci Fi. The Generals boyfriend is fast becoming one of the shows most likable charachters.

Robtard
They're both badasses and he is.

cdtm
Yes, and it does, it's the world building touches like that which are starting to set this show apart from other TV Sci Fi. The Generals boyfriend is fast becoming one of the shows most likable charachters.

I'm not remember any of that from the book, is the show taking liberties with the source or did I absorb the broad notes and forget those details?

Old Man Whirly!
I'm not remember any of that from the book, is the show taking liberties with the source or did I absorb the broad notes and forget those details? huge liberties, but all for the good right now imo.

Old Man Whirly!
They're both badasses and he is. they are, like you say the rightists won't like that. smile

Patient_Leech
I'm only a couple episodes behind in Season 2. Still enjoying the show, but I was missing Empire there for a while. He's one of the main draws of the show and I don't care about some of the side characters.

Patient_Leech
S02E07 was excellent. The Empire gynecological exam was truly creepy.

Old Man Whirly!
I'm only a couple episodes behind in Season 2. Still enjoying the show, but I was missing Empire there for a while. He's one of the main draws of the show and I don't care about some of the side characters. He is great, no doubt. Many of the others are growing on me all the time though.

Robtard
Empire is one cruel and sadistic bastard.

Patient_Leech
I hear Episode 9 is a doozy.

I just finished 8 and will look forward to 9 when I get the chance to sit and watch it unimpeded.

Patient_Leech
Yeah, Episode 9 was awesome.

Some big pay-offs from stuff setting up earlier in the season.

Personally I found the situation with Gaal and Salvor less interesting than the rest of it. It was just kind of, "Duh, they're going to get out of it," while all the rest of what was going on with Empire and such being genuinely intriguing as to what would happen.

Makes me wonder what they've saved for the Season finale...

Robtard
Thinking the general might try to assassination Empire now. Seems like he lived solely for his partner.

Old Man Whirly!
i've got a few eps to watch, I think you are all ahead of me right now. Crazy busy, and had a flu type germ this week.

Patient_Leech
Thinking the general might try to assassination Empire now. Seems like he lived solely for his partner.

Dude. Good point. Spoilers, btw.. 😬

i've got a few eps to watch, I think you are all ahead of me right now. Crazy busy, and had a flu type germ this week.

Hopefully not the Covids again. Hope you get well soon.

Old Man Whirly!

Hopefully not the Covids again. Hope you get well soon. thanks PL. I'm almost better so if it was COVID it wasn't as bad this time. That said I still have some recovery from the last time to go.

Robtard

Not a spoiler, I'm just making a wild guess. Could be wrong.

Patient_Leech
Not a spoiler, I'm just making a wild guess. Could be wrong.

I meant our discussion could have been interpreted as a little spoilery.

But I guess I was sort of at fault too, embarrasment

Old Man Whirly!
Episode 10 was also brilliant. What a show!

Robtard
It's solid SciFi

jaden_2.0
Finished s2. Took me a while to get into it as the first 4 eps were a bit rubbish and I didn't really like the time jump and the introduction of so many new characters. Initially really didn't like Poly or Brother Constant but after Hober Mallow came into it the 3 of them grew on me and I liked their story arc the most.

Queen Sareth is a weird one. Found her to be detestable and alluring at the same time.

Really like Demerzel's reveal.

My biggest gripe is that the actresses that play both Gaal and Salvor are really not good at all. Especially Gaal. Her emotions are not convincing whatsoever.

Brilliant last 3 episodes though.

Patient_Leech
^ I agree with some of the added characters, but eventually the character arcs began to make sense and the last couple finale episodes were great. I agree that Demerzel's reveal was great.

Unfortunately I thought the tease for Season 3, the last scene with the Mule or whatever he is called, was pretty terrible and way too on-the-nose.

Old Man Whirly!
So are we all in agreement season 2 is nearer 8 out of 10 than 7?

Robtard
So are we all in agreement season 2 is nearer 8 out of 10 than 7?

https://media.tenor.com/tG4lS7Fuhx0AAAAC/star-trek-nod.gif

Old Man Whirly!
https://media.tenor.com/tG4lS7Fuhx0AAAAC/star-trek-nod.gif Let's "make it so!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.