AOC Says Democratic Leadership Need to Go

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dadudemon
AOC, in an interview with The Intercept, says Democratic Leadershp need to go. That's Pelosi and Schumer.

AOC is knocking it out of the park, lately. She's been rather spot on. I think she's maturing from just an everyday person into a true politician. She's right about Democratic Leadership needing to go.

My only hope is that AOC figures out how to stop virtue signaling so much, stop with the identity politics bullshit, and focuses more an actual policy that works. But telling her to stop those things is like tell her not to breathe because she identifies so severely with this positions.

https://theintercept.com/2020/12/16/intercepted-aoc-pelosi-biden-cabinet/

Anyway, thought this was cool. Perhaps Biden getting elected was actually the best outcome? Seems more people are coming together. And toxic politics MAY be on the way out.

snowdragon
AOC has alot of potential, I like her even if I don't always agree with her. She has alot of power at the moment by leveraging her vote for pelosi.

wxyz
AOC is an idiot, pure and simple.

I'd be very afraid of her running for President, she could actually win, with all the Leftists in America and with mail in voting.

Surtastic
I agree with her here.

jaden_2.0
Yeah she's not wrong. Pelosi, at this point, is a liability and she needs to retire. She's like a dottled old grandma who gets confused when they moved the cereal aisle in the supermarket and doesn't know what to do.

Superdad76
why do people talk about this aoc person so much ? i dont like democrats but she just seems like a young shouter from the city

Artol

Surtacular

BrolyBlack

Surtacular

Artol

Surtasuco
Though I will also agree with you yeah some of it is triggerdom.

They wish they had social media influence like she does.

Robtard
Originally posted by snowdragon
AOC has alot of potential, I like her even if I don't always agree with her. She has alot of power at the moment by leveraging her vote for pelosi.

She's correct, I've been saying the same about Pelosi and the other lifelong career politicians on both sides for years. Don't care how pure you start out, stay in politics long enough and it changes people for the worse. Congress should have a limit of no more than 16 years, if not less.

One of the few things I agreed with Trump on in 2016 was his talks of setting term limits in congress, he never did anything about it though. Not that the POTUS has the direct power to change this, but Trump could have used his platform to tweet and rally until it picked up interest. I don't expect Biden to do a thing either, though don't think he's said anything about term limits to begin with.

Adam_PoE

Artol
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
"The squad" represents less than 15% of Democratic voters. So technically, that makes them out-of-step with most of the Democratic party. They currently occupy seats in deep-blue districts, and have never flipped a red seat blue. That is why there is so much consternation about Republicans' fixation on them, because they are not representative of most of the party. Is that where the party, and the country is heading? Yes, but they are not there now. And they would do a lot better to understand that Democrats have to hold majorities to implement the kind of changes they would like to see, and they make that impossible by saddling Democrats in more conservative parts of the country with their baggage. They need to Tweet less and legislate more.

Their policies reflect the policies of Democratic voters better than the establishment wing. In terms of electoral strategy it is hard to say, generally we can see that progressives didn't have a as bad a time as conservative Democrats in the elections, but you make a fair point, progressives generally have been able to win support in Democratic strongholds. Establishment Democrats have been quick to blame progressives for their humiliating losses, I am not so willing to give them a pass though, I don't think that "Defund the Police" was what heard a lot of those establishment people, what hurt them is that they are just not very well liked. When people say they hate Democrats who they mean are these people, that have been in power again and again and have failed the American people.

And I like your sign off slogan there, it's catchy, but I do disagree with the sentiment, tweeting (i.e. voter outreach) and legislating should go hand in hand in my opinion. For a lot of policies that are needed to fix the country there needs to be more mass support for them, and people like Sanders and AOC have been the biggest champions while Pelosi and Schumer have been nothing but hitting the breaks, imo, which is why they are so disliked.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Surtacular
Dude threatened to ban people for talking to me.

And, lol, nobody listened to him.

Wait, what? That happened?

Dammit. I can't even tell which accounts are legit and which accounts are socks, anyway. I just assume it's all just the same 10 people. After Whirly has consistently posted with about 10 accounts over the last 2 years and accusations of Fly, Star, etc., it's all a cluster f*ck. I don't want to have to juggle 100 different names for just 10 posters. Just post under your real names.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Artol
Their policies reflect the policies of Democratic voters better than the establishment wing. In terms of electoral strategy it is hard to say, generally we can see that progressives didn't have a as bad a time as conservative Democrats in the elections, but you make a fair point, progressives generally have been able to win support in Democratic strongholds. Establishment Democrats have been quick to blame progressives for their humiliating losses, I am not so willing to give them a pass though, I don't think that "Defund the Police" was what heard a lot of those establishment people, what hurt them is that they are just not very well liked. When people say they hate Democrats who they mean are these people, that have been in power again and again and have failed the American people.

And I like your sign off slogan there, it's catchy, but I do disagree with the sentiment, tweeting (i.e. voter outreach) and legislating should go hand in hand in my opinion. For a lot of policies that are needed to fix the country there needs to be more mass support for them, and people like Sanders and AOC have been the biggest champions while Pelosi and Schumer have been nothing but hitting the breaks, imo, which is why they are so disliked.

You reach your constituents in the most effective ways possible. Tweeting reaches the masses. I don't even have twitter and I am aware of her tweets. It works.

Superdad76
twitter still feel new to me

i'm aware of her is it because of media they always talk talk about her

Darth Thor
Originally posted by dadudemon

My only hope is that AOC figures out how to stop virtue signaling so much, stop with the identity politics bullshit, and focuses more an actual policy that works. But telling her to stop those things is like tell her not to breathe because she identifies so severely with this positions.

She is definitely a well intentioned person. But I agree she should stick to policy and Im sure she would find a lot of right and centrist voters agreeing with her.

And damn yeah Pelosi is the worst. Someone on the Dems side had to speak up.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Darth Thor
She is definitely a well intentioned person. But I agree she should stick to policy and Im sure she would find a lot of right and centrist voters agreeing with her.

Darth Thor with the win post, again.

thumb up

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Darth Thor

People here like Adam and Robtard worship Pelosi

Robtard
Stop lying, okay?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.