The Callisto Protocol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
gjLkhFSWfaU

From the creators of Dead Space. Hell ya.

Smasandian
Yeah...Very interested.

There was a deep dive from Ars Technica regarding the creation of Dead Space (the dude who started this company)...and it was very interesting. All the great things about Dead Space were part of the their vision from the beginning.

I'm hoping this is the case for this game...and man...the lightening systems the new systems can do should make this game amazing. I would love the see some gameplay.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Smasandian
Yeah...Very interested.

There was a deep dive from Ars Technica regarding the creation of Dead Space (the dude who started this company)...and it was very interesting. All the great things about Dead Space were part of the their vision from the beginning.

I'm hoping this is the case for this game...and man...the lightening systems the new systems can do should make this game amazing. I would love the see some gameplay. Any chance you have a link to that article/video? I'd love to learn more about Dead Space's development. The first game is IMO one of the best horror games ever made so it'd be cool to see what went into it.

Also, weird little detail for this game: it takes place in the same universe as PUBG, but centuries into the future. This game is confirmed to be a single player survival horror experience, so I have no idea what that little connection could possibly mean. It cant add anything of significance. PUBG has no story. It doesn't contribute setting in any way since this game doesn't even take place on earth. What's the point?

EDIT:

So he had this game in mind prior to the PUBG connection, but his bosses basically forced the connection to let this game see light? It looks like it literally just served to get the game dev resources lol. Also, REALLY good to hear that so many from Visceral are back together in a new studio working on this game.

Smasandian
Yeah sure..it wasn't complete deep dive...but a piece about a specific scene that had overall implications on the game itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQ3iqq49Ew8

Kind of like how Ridley Scott fought Fox and producers about the Spaceman scene in Alien...where you see how large the ship is...supposedly they didn't want to do that scene based on how expensive it would but Scott was adament on how important it would be. He was right of course..

Yeah I would agree about PUBG connection...but in the end, it doesn't really matter considering PUBG has little to no story. Though, I think I would prefer this game to be an complete original universe but well..as long as the game is good.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.