Someone explain the Trinity, logically to me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wxyz
So from what I understand.

The Trinity is God is three persons, yet all three are separate from each other.

Also, they're not equal to each other.

How does that make any sense?

Flyattractor
I think the only way to describe the answer would be the Mothman Answer to the same question...So Yeah.

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by wxyz

The Trinity is God is three persons, yet all three are separate from each other.

How does that make any sense? They are God's three
"forms".

They are all equal in knowledge, power, and presence.

They have different roles though, but at the same time, the same roles.

It is difficult to understand, but yeah.

Read this if you are interested: https://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/beliefs/trinity_1. shtml#:~:text=The%20doctrine%20of%20the%20Trinity%
20is%20one%20of%20the%20most,an%20%22unobjectifiab
le%20and%20incomprehensible%20God%22

God bless. thumb up

wxyz
Link is broken.

Wonder Man
You just have to accept holiness.

Superdad76
the holiness is trinity correct ?

victreebelvictr
Link is broken. I don't know it doesn't work on KMC but other platforms. Weird.

Originally posted by Superdad76
the holiness is trinity correct ? Holiness is a synonym for purity.

Wonder Man
Holiness is doing something right that is great like Jesus accepting the Holy Spirit from John.

wxyz
Originally posted by victreebelvictr
I don't know it doesn't work on KMC but other platforms. Weird.

Holiness is a synonym for purity.

Direct me to another resource.

NostalgiaSearch

An atom can have three particles, all of them are the same single atom and are connected, but all of them are seperate.

Although the trinity is one of those things that the Bible never explains in detail, that is how I see it.

Blakemore
Okay the tri-force came from 3 maidens who made wisdom, power and courage.

Link is broken. Indeed.

eThneoLgrRnae
The Holy Trinity is something I don't think anyone truly understands other than God, Himself. Just saying that it is different forms or aspects of God isn't enough.

When Jesus walked as a human on earth He prayed to His Father on several occasions. Was He just praying to an aspect of Himself? What would be the point of that? That seems like something someone with a multiple personality disorder would do.

There is a verse where He says only the Father truly knows when He Himself would return. If He and the Father are truly equal and just different aspects of the same being shouldn't He know that as well?

In John 3:16 where it says that "God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son..." why does it not instead just say "For God so loved the world that He gave Himself..."?

There are many other verses that also put holes in the argument that the Trinity is just different parts of God rather than it being three separate and distinct persons.

With that said, I do in fact believe that there is truly only one God. The trinity is just something I (and probably many others) probably will never truly understand.

Wonder Man
Joy of memories made complete by triplicate.

victreebelvictr
https://keithferrin.com/simple-explain-trinity/

I do not know why the links are not working. Try copy and pasting this directly into the search engine. smile

Robtard

Very easy.

God = The supreme being

Jesus = God's son

The Holy Ghost = An expression of god's love (what impregnated Mary, Jesus' mum)

The Trinity = God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are the same, but also separate. Like water can be a liquid, a solid or a gas. Gas! Gas

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by Robtard
Very easy.

God = The supreme being

Jesus = God's son

The Holy Ghost = An expression of god's love (what impregnated Mary, Jesus' mum)

The Trinity = God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are the same, but also separate. Like water can be a liquid, a solid or a gas. Gas! Gas Pretty good basic definition. thumb up

Robtard
So today we've learned that god is a liquid

victreebelvictr
So today we've learned that god is a liquid Seems logical. thumb up

Blakemore

How does that make any sense? It doesn't. laughing out loud

Blakemore
Very easy.

God = The supreme being

Jesus = God's son

The Trinity = God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are the same, but also separate. Like water can be a liquid, a solid or a gas. Gas! Gas the holy ghost is sperm... did I get that right?

Robtard
Originally posted by Blakemore
the holy ghost is sperm... did I get that right? In a sense, yes. Ghost sperm.

Wonder Man

eThneoLgrRnae
You're so weird, WM.

Blakemore
In a sense, yes. Ghost sperm. I see. It's a glorification of impregnation. I'm not surprised. erm

victreebelvictr
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae
You're so weird, WM. Nah, he is a fellow brother in Christ.

Adam_PoE
Very easy.

God = The supreme being

Jesus = God's son

The Trinity = God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost are the same, but also separate. Like water can be a liquid, a solid or a gas. Gas! Gas

God slept with Mary to have Jesus, but God is Jesus, so Jesus had sex with His own mother to conceive Himself. Try running the DNA on that crime scene!

Blakemore
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
God slept with Mary to have Jesus, but God is Jesus, so Jesus had sex with His own mother to conceive Himself. Try running the DNA on that crime scene! No. If the story is true, then God was some bastard who ****ed Mary when Joe wasn't watching and gave birth to Jeebus who told a lotta shit.

victreebelvictr
Actually, the Bible makes it clear that Mary was formed without male support at all.

Hence, her husband thought she was having an affair at first.

Blakemore
Actually, the Bible makes it clear that Mary was formed without male support at all.

Hence, her husband thought she was having an affair at first. conception without a male? that makes no sense!

eThneoLgrRnae
Nah, he is a fellow brother in Christ.

No, he is really weird. He may or may not actually be a Christian but it's obvious he's a really weird guy. If you think otherwise then you haven't read very many of his cryptic posts.

Wonder Man
God says a kingdom divided cannot stand. When you take one trait of a person and try to ruin it like being weird you are knowingly disobeying Jesus.

Blakemore
there is no god. urrgh!

eThneoLgrRnae
there is no god. urrgh!

Wrong.

victreebelvictr
conception without a male? that makes no sense! It does. God is omnipotent, therefore, he can do whatever the hell he wants. laughing out loud

No, he is really weird. He may or may not actually be a Christian but it's obvious he's a really weird guy. If you think otherwise then you haven't read very many of his cryptic posts. Eh, I can be weird too. Still love the guy though. laughing out loud

there is no god. urrgh! Suit yourself bucko. Hopefully you change your mind one day. smile

Wonder Man
Thanks. Man is made in the image of God.

victreebelvictr
thumb up

eThneoLgrRnae
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Thanks. Man is made in the image of God.

Why can't all of your posts be as easy to understand as what you said here?

Wonder Man

Blakemore
A male fu cks a female and the sperm goes into the womb, penetrates the egg and then the egg settles in the womb and turns into another life-form. This is basic biology. So how can you tell me Jesus was born from a virgin without mentioning your other made up friends?

eThneoLgrRnae
A male fu cks a female and the sperm goes into the womb, penetrates the egg and then the egg settles in the womb and turns into another life-form. This is basic biology. So how can you tell me Jesus was born from a virgin without mentioning your other made up friends?

Neither the Holy Spirit or Mary were "made up" which you will find out the hard way on Judgment Day.

Blakemore
Neither the Holy Spirit or Mary were "made up" which you will find out the hard way on Judgment Day. is that when i go in the sky? laughing out loud

Wonder Man
You believe in money.

Blakemore
no i don't, other than the tacit agreement...... but nah to blank faith imo.

Wonder Man

Blakemore
no belief in jesusus. sorry.

victreebelvictr
Blakemore, you can disagree with our belief without being a *****. erm

eThneoLgrRnae
That's the thing though, he can't. He has a huge chip on his shoulder regarding religion (especially Christianity) for some reason.

victreebelvictr
Or he is a reprobate.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Romans-1-28/

Wonder Man

Blakemore
without being a what?

Wonder Man

Blakemore

Adam_PoE
To get back on topic, everyone remember that the god of the bible raped his 12-year-old mother to conceive himself:

God slept with Mary to have Jesus, but God is Jesus, so Jesus had sex with His own mother to conceive Himself. Try running the DNA on that crime scene!

victreebelvictr
To get back on topic, everyone remember that the god of the bible raped his 12-year-old mother to conceive himself: Never met someone so enthusiastic about their choice to spend their everlasting life in flames. Good for you! big grin

Adam_PoE
Never met someone so enthusiastic about their choice to spend their everlasting life in flames. Good for you! big grin

You worship an incestuous child rapist, but go off.

eThneoLgrRnae
Adam is going to be severely punished for his blasphemous talk.

And he can talk smack about God now but when Christ returns he will bow before Him, guaranteed, assuming he is still alive when it happens (and even if he's not, he will not escape God's righteous judgment).

All of his smack talking about God will cease because he will be sh*tting and pissing in his pants and trembling like a leaf from fear.

victreebelvictr
You worship an incestuous child rapist, but go off. Besides you ignoring my point that omnipotence=ability to create children without fertilization, you live off only on man's understanding.

If one sticks to the ideas of mankind, than he lives his life through a philosophy of pure fallibility.

Adam_PoE
Adam is going to be severely punished for his blasphemous talk.

And he can talk smack about God now but when Christ returns he will bow before Him, guaranteed, assuming he is still alive when it happens (and even if he's not, he will not escape God's righteous judgment).

All of his smack talking about God will cease because he will be sh*tting and pissing in his pants and trembling like a leaf from fear.

I am not afraid of a god that does not exist, but it sounds like you are.

Adam_PoE
Besides you ignoring my point that omnipotence=ability to create children without fertilization, you live off only on man's understanding.

If one sticks to the ideas of mankind, than he lives his life through a philosophy of pure fallibility.

I am not seeing a retort.

victreebelvictr

Blakemore
So god conceived himself? That don't make sense.

Neon1234
Very easy.

God = The supreme being

Jesus = God's son

The water argument makes no sense to me.

Water can only exist in one of those forms at any given point in time.

All three members of the Trinity have existed forever.

I think the Trinity is illogical and therefore cannot exist.

The Trinity is 3 Gods, so polytheism.

Or

God is 3 entities, each being 1/3 of God.

So each member is not "fully God."

But Catholics say neither of those is true.

So they think Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God, and the Father is God.

Yet, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the Father are not the same as each other.

Logical contradiction.

victreebelvictr
So god conceived himself? That don't make sense. If you are omnipotent it does make sense. laughing out loud

Originally posted by Neon1234

Or

Logical contradiction. Ah, so every man says. Be careful not to live off of your own idea of things, or you might end up somewhere pretty terrible in the afterlife.

Water can exist in all three forms, but it is still water. All three of the trinity have the same powers, goals, and understanding as the other. They aren't separate gods, but rather, are three forms of one god that exist at the same time.

If you are ever interested in becoming a Christian, you shouldn't reside on the confusing stuff. God can fill the you with what the world can't provide. smile

Adam_PoE

Adam_PoE
If you are omnipotent it does make sense. laughing out loud

Ah, so every man says. Be careful not to live off of your own idea of things, or you might end up somewhere pretty terrible in the afterlife.

Water can exist in all three forms, but it is still water. All three of the trinity have the same powers, goals, and understanding as the other. They aren't separate gods, but rather, are three forms of one god that exist at the same time.

If you are ever interested in becoming a Christian, you shouldn't reside on the confusing stuff. God can fill the you with what the world can't provide. smile

If you just suspend reason and accept an unfalsifiable belief as an explanation for another unfalsifiable belief, it all makes sense! Do not think for yourself, just substitute your reason with our dogma, or we will threaten you with pretend consequences! Stop trying to make sense of the nonsensical, and just let god fill the gaps in your knoweldge!

Wonder Man
But you agree that this is our chance right for Adam_PoE.
So something makes sense.
And if that something is love.
Then God.

Neon1234

So if they are not separate Gods, and they are all three forms of God that exist at the same time, then Jesus, Holy Spirit, and Father are equal to each other?

eThneoLgrRnae

Or

Logical contradiction.

Just because you think something is illogical doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Darwinian evolution and the Big Bang theory are both illogical yet you believe in those (and please don't reply back that those are "science", they're not).

If we understood everything about God then He wouldn't be worth worshipping.

FrstBttnBlocked

Darwinian evolution and the Big Bang theory are both illogical A Christian would russian, a physicist would wait and drag it out until he had all the facts.

FrstBttnBlocked
So if they are not separate Gods, and they are all three forms of God that exist at the same time, then Jesus, Holy Spirit, and Father are equal to each other? You're just repeating syllables

Neon1234
Just because you think something is illogical doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Darwinian evolution and the Big Bang theory are both illogical yet you believe in those (and please don't reply back that those are "science", they're not).

If we understood everything about God then He wouldn't be worth worshipping.

If something is illogical, it doesn't exist.

eThneoLgrRnae
Not true.

Crazy leftists are highly illogical yet they still exist lmao.

Neon1234
Not true.

Crazy leftists are highly illogical yet they still exist lmao.

laughing out loud

Wonder Man
Martin Luther King Jr. said it is in sleep that our conduct is peaceful. Remember your dreams and believe.
You know how both states of consciousness are still yourself.

victreebelvictr
I do not care what your religious text states, any more than you care what the text of another religion states. It has no value to anyone who does not already believe it. There is simply not sufficient evidence to believe in the existence of a god. I could not care less about changing your point of view. Anyone whose faculties are so dimished that they would accept that ridiculous tripe is not worth converting. Oooo, cranky are we? laughing out loud

So if they are not separate Gods, and they are all three forms of God that exist at the same time, then Jesus, Holy Spirit, and Father are equal to each other? Yes.

If something is illogical, it doesn't exist. I agree with that.

Downstairsconve
There is no God, wrestling is homo, striking is hetero. Mcgregor will win the Khabib rematch I'd bet money on it

Adam_PoE
Oooo, cranky are we? laughing out loud

Nope, but you are delusional.

Downstairsconve
Nope, but you are delusional. Isn't everyone these days? At least my memory is improving, how bout yours?

Ready to confess?

victreebelvictr
Nope, but you are delusional. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Whether you make it easy for yourself or not, it shall happen.

Adam_PoE
Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

Whether you make it easy for yourself or not, it shall happen.

Thank you for proving my point.

Wonder Man

victreebelvictr
Well Wonder, the Bible speaks of those with reprobate minds. Those who desire not to have God in their knowledge and hate the Lord with every spec of their being.

It is then that we thank the Lord for his gift of freedom of choice. Poe made his, and we made our own.

Romans 1:22 states that those that profess themselves to be wise due to their own philosophy are actually fools.

I applaud your faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus, for, in the end, that is all that really counts, you know?

Downstairsconve
How come my confession was trending on Vikings but here piggle refused an opportunity to show proof of hype

Downstairsconve
Butch ass Christians you're just a copy of Mecca or whatever

Downstairsconve
The birth death ratio bs

Adam_PoE

Adam_PoE
Well Wonder, the Bible speaks of those with reprobate minds. Those who desire not to have God in their knowledge and hate the Lord with every spec of their being.

It is then that we thank the Lord for his gift of freedom of choice. Poe made his, and we made our own.

Romans 1:22 states that those that profess themselves to be wise due to their own philosophy are actually fools.

I applaud your faith and commitment to the Lord Jesus, for, in the end, that is all that really counts, you know?

We do not hate your imaginary god, we hate your real Christians, because you are all assholes.

victreebelvictr
Jesus did not give advice, because he did not exist. Multiple Athiest historians recorded Jesus existing. Wrong again.

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/did-jesus-exist/

We do not hate your imaginary god, we hate your real Christians, because you are all assholes. Considering the fact that I wasn't even talking to you displays your butthurt. laughing out loud

EndlessostBites
Army Navy Games?

EndlessostBites
Day 5, no sleep.

Before you think I have to continue fighting for pussy, consider one little miscalculation, how much science have you developed intentionally or unintentionally

What is the measure of a man

EndlessostBites
You believe you can waltz I'm and blood eagle aan tending to a fellow man because your version of the script suits you better?

EndlessostBites
Do it

EndlessostBites
Multiple Athiest historians recorded Jesus existing. Wrong again.

https://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/daily/people-cultures-in-the-bible/jesus-historical-jesus/did-jesus-exist/

Considering the fact that I wasn't even talking to you displays your butthurt. laughing out loud You think you can talk to Alex High Anderson that way??

He meant you are all assholes as in you are the recievers of great sacrifice and charity. You can look at it as an L, or you can make it right.

Wonder Man

Adam_PoE
Multiple Athiest historians recorded Jesus existing. Wrong again.

If you understood their standards of evidence, then you would know why you are wrong.

Considering the fact that I wasn't even talking to you displays your butthurt. laughing out loud

No, just talking about a group that includes me like a passive-aggressive little *****. You are such a good example of Christ.

Adam_PoE

victreebelvictr
Poe, you are the one losing it. laughing out loud

Your consistent insults and anger is quite childish.

And Jesus would agree. wink

Adam_PoE
Poe, you are the one losing it. laughing out loud

Your consistent insults and anger is quite childish.

And Jesus would agree. wink

No, what is childish is believing that snakes can talk, donyes can fly, and a man named Jesus lives up in the sky. Get a ****ing grip.

victreebelvictr
No, what is childish is believing that snakes can talk, donyes can fly, and a man named Jesus lives up in the sky. Get a ****ing grip. Thanks for proving my point buddy! big grin

Adam_PoE
Thanks for proving my point buddy! big grin

You do not have a point, you have an opinion, i.e. my insults are childish. But my point is that your beliefs are childish, and should be treated as such. Your beliefs are worth of ridicule, and you are worthy of ridicule for holding them.

victreebelvictr
You do not have a point, you have an opinion, i.e. my insults are childish. But my point is that your beliefs are childish, and should be treated as such. Your beliefs are worth of ridicule, and you are worthy of ridicule for holding them. Then ignore anything I post.

The fact that you are consistently trashing the Christian faith is pathetic.

Adam_PoE
Then ignore anything I post.

The fact that you are consistently trashing the Christian faith is pathetic.

No, the Christian faith is pathetic. It cannot be trashed, because it is trash already.

victreebelvictr
No, the Christian faith is pathetic. It cannot be trashed, because it is trash already. Then stop trashing it. laughing out loud

Adam_PoE
Then stop trashing it. laughing out loud

I am not trashing it. I am speaking about it with the respect it deserves.

Wonder Man

dyajeep
let us not confuse Christianity and Catholicism

Catholicism invented Trinity where there is one god with three perfectly equal persons: father, son, holy ghost

in Christianity and in the Bible, there is a Godhead, the three are united as one but not perfectly equal: the Father is the greatest of all, greater than Christ and the Holy Ghost

Darth Thor
Originally posted by dyajeep

Catholicism invented Trinity where there is one god with three perfectly equal persons: father, son, holy ghost

Three persons by definition would be three beings.

Worshipping Jesus goes against the first two of the Ten Commandments. Hence why Jewish people worship One God and not Three.

dyajeep
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Three persons by definition would be three beings.

Worshipping Jesus goes against the first two of the Ten Commandments. Hence why Jewish people worship One God and not Three.

yup, but if they believe in the authenticity of the books of Proverbs (of Solomon) and Psalms as part of their doctrine then the Jews will contradict a doctrine where God has a Son who was with Him in the creation of the world

Darth Thor
yup, but if they believe in the authenticity of the books of Proverbs (of Solomon) and Psalms as part of their doctrine then the Jews will contradict a doctrine where God has a Son who was with Him in the creation of the world

Well it's originally their book, so for them to interpret. The Ten Commandments was literally set in stone though.

dyajeep
Well it's originally their book, so for them to interpret. The Ten Commandments was literally set in stone though.

i don't think it's theirs... but yeah, they can interpret it, it doesn't mean their interpretation is correct though

Psalms and Proverbs state that the Father God has begotten a Son, and prophet Isaiah prophesied a child born and be called a "Mighty God"

the Jews don't believe in the Trinity, i guess? i think they are more of a "oneness" type, just acknowledging the Father and not His Son

Darth Thor
the Jews don't believe in the Trinity, i guess? i think they are more of a "oneness" type, just acknowledging the Father and not His Son

Well obviously because that was the First Commandment which was literally set in stone for them.

Christians really wanted to worship Jesus, but they were also aware of the Ten Commandments thats why theyve interpreted it that way. Where its One but Three.

But Hindus also say all their Gods have One essence. So that idea is essentially Polytheism. Especially when you make idols of your Gods which breaks the Second Commandment.

dyajeep
Christians really wanted to worship Jesus, but they were also aware of the Ten Commandments thats why theyve interpreted it that way. Where its One but Three.

yup, but that's Catholicism...i believe they are many Protestants who also embrace Christianity but that reject Catholic doctrine of idolatry, or creating and worshipping graven images

Bible-based Christians worship Jesus Christ without using Catholic's Trinity, because in Trinity, the three persons are perfectly equal - which is not the case in the Bible, the Father is greater than Christ (John 14:28)

in the Bible, the Father Almighty is the supreme being, His state of being (or nature) is God

the Son, Jesus Christ, also has the same state of being (or nature) because He was born or begotten by the Father, that which is born of the Spirit is spirit (John 3:6), He was the Word and the Word was God (John 1:1)

the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit is basically the Spirit of the Father given its own being (Matthew 10:20), if the Father has a state of being of God, so is His Spirit

in some sense or perspective, there is a synecdoche (collective term) here esp. by the Hebrew word "Elohim", transliterated as "God" but plural in meaning, in Greek there is "Theotes" or Godhead also pertaining to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit

Darth Thor
yup, but that's Catholicism...i believe they are many Protestants who also embrace Christianity but that reject Catholic doctrine of idolatry, or creating and worshipping graven images

Well that's something.

Bible-based Christians worship Jesus Christ without using Catholic's Trinity, because in Trinity, the three persons are perfectly equal - which is not the case in the Bible, the Father is greater than Christ (John 14:28)

Exactly, the core doctrine of Christianity seems to be more extrapolation from the texts, than anything concrete told to them by Jesus.

in the Bible, the Father Almighty is the supreme being, His state of being (or nature) is God

the Son, Jesus Christ, also has the same state of being (or nature) because He was born or begotten by the Father, that which is born of the Spirit is spirit (John 3:6), He was the Word and the Word was God (John 1:1)

the Holy Ghost or the Holy Spirit is basically the Spirit of the Father given its own being (Matthew 10:20), if the Father has a state of being of God, so is His Spirit

in some sense or perspective, there is a synecdoche (collective term) here esp. by the Hebrew word "Elohim", transliterated as "God" but plural in meaning, in Greek there is "Theotes" or Godhead also pertaining to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit

John's book were written last I believe, and his books give Jesus that Divine nature much more so than the others.

Blakemore
This is the stupidest thread ever laughing out loud

ushomefree
The Trinity can be explained by the properties of water. It can be a solid, liquid or vapor. And yet, it is of the same essence.

Blakemore
In the name of authority, ego and society.

In the name of the book, thyself and what we don't understand.

It could mean a lot of things.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.