Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vadar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrolyBlack
Luke Skywalker: The Mandelorian

Vs

Rogue One Darth Vadar

I picked these two because these were probably the best showings for both characters in all of SW in their prime, brief but very powerful showings.

Who wins?

BrolyBlack
Link to feats

WolvesofBabylon
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
Luke Skywalker: The Mandelorian

Vs

Rogue One Darth Vadar

I picked these two because these were probably the best showings for both characters in all of SW in their prime, brief but very powerful showings.

Who wins?

Luke easily I think. Vader was taking on random fodder while Luke was destroying Dark Troopers

xPRIMEx

BrolyBlack
To be fair badas could have done the same thing.

juggernaut74
I would say Vader because of the fact he was working in tighter quarters I think.

Though I can possibly go with Luke if persuaded.

Trocity
Luke's showing is vastly more impressive from a feats standpoint due to what he was fighting.

Vader's scene was still the cooler scene overall though, what with the music and him slaughtering good guys versus Luke cutting down machines.

BrolyBlack

Darth Thor

Galan007
If we're talking about which showing was superior in terms of feats, then Luke's by far. Vader killed ~12 fodder Rebel troops in the corridor. Luke casually raped something like 30 Dark Troopers(which are presumably among the most advanced/elite droids ever constructed.)

If we're just talking about which showing was more badass overall, however, then probably Vader's... Though Luke's is definitely right there with it.

Superdad76
it should be luke but darth could get stronger with better technology

Psychotron
Luke. He was already Vader's equal in ROTJ. Now he's got 5 years of more experience and growth.

xPRIMEx

BrolyBlack
^thumb up

Scizard
Thought Luke's hallway scene was kinda meh compared to Vader's/Mauls ngl, Luke is probably the superior combatant by 9ABY though.

ares834

Scizard
I dunno man, the choregraphy just felt very meh to me, didn't have that little effort vibes all the way through like Vader/Maul did.

Scizard
I'm guessing we're gonna be getting more hallway scenes now though lol. It'll be fun to rank them all as time goes on, for now:

Vader
Maul
Luke

Zenwolf
Maul's was kinda dumb honestly in the way it played out.

Psychotron
Luke's is more badass because fought tougher opponents and it had better build up.

ares834
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Maul's was kinda dumb honestly in the way it played out.

Yeah, the clones missing from like ten feet away was ridiculous. Not only that but it was boring. There wasn't anything visually interesting about it. He didn't use the force in any interesting ways. He wasn't doing any cool movements. He was just walking and throwing a few things. The only interesting part was when the one clone got his arm severed by the door. I'm not sure why people love it so much. Maul has done plenty of far more badass things, including in that very episode.

Originally posted by Psychotron
Luke's is more badass because fought tougher opponents and it had better build up.

Yeah. The build up was great. Plus we finally got to see Luke as a Jedi Master go ham. It's something many of us have been waiting years for.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by ares834
Yeah, the clones missing from like ten feet away was ridiculous.

The same thing happens with Luke when he comes out of the elevator to square off against the last of the Dark Troopers. They miss him despite him standing right in front of them.

Whether you find it boring or exciting is entirely your prerogative, but your read on this is strange.

Maul wields the Force more uniquely in his battle with the clones than Vader does with the rebels or Luke with the clone troopers. He uses the Force to create makeshift shields, to pancake clones with wall panels, to bisect clones with wall panels, to bludgeon them with wall panels, to disarm them like Vader does with the rebels, to smash them to the ceiling like Vader does with the rebels, and then to amputate the clone's arm in the door.

There's a versatility of movement and action there that far exceeds anything from Vader or Luke.

Zenwolf

The_Tempest

Zenwolf
Originally posted by The_Tempest
I'm not sure what that has to do with my point. I was simply challenging ares' claim that Maul didn't do anything cool or interesting with the Force, when he factually did more varied things with the Force than Luke or Vader.

Ah well, eh fair enough I guess.

Darth Thor
Id say Mauls was more bad ass given he was without a Saber.

Vaders was the first and on the big screen so probably the most epic.

Lukes was by far the most exciting though. Simply because this is the Luke all us fanboys have always wanted to see. The sequels f***ing Luke up probably helped tbh.

Zenwolf

ares834
The same thing happens with Luke when he comes out of the elevator to square off against the last of the Dark Troopers. They miss him despite him standing right in front of them.

No? It's hard to tell, but they miss perhaps a single blaster shot before Luke beings deflecting and moving. Compare that to the dozens of shots the clones miss.

Maul wields the Force more uniquely in his battle with the clones than Vader does with the rebels or Luke with the clone troopers. He uses the Force to create makeshift shields, to pancake clones with wall panels, to bisect clones with wall panels, to bludgeon them with wall panels, to disarm them like Vader does with the rebels, to smash them to the ceiling like Vader does with the rebels, and then to amputate the clone's arm in the door.

You're arguing against a strawman. I never said Vader or Luke were using the force in interesting or varied ways. The saber combat was what, at least for me, made those two scenes interesting with the Force thrown in for some added spice. Watching someone swinging a saber is just more interesting than throwing wall panels. Both were helped, particularly the Vader scene, by great music, direction, and build up.

The_Tempest
No? It's hard to tell, but they miss perhaps a single blaster shot before Luke beings deflecting and moving. Compare that to the dozens of shots the clones miss.

No, Luke is moving forward the entire time and the Dark Troopers miss every shot that Luke doesn't deflect outright.

https://youtu.be/OAXWCdy4oDo?t=58

Let's not pretend this is anything other than standard Flynning/Hollywood choreography that's plagued Star Wars since the beginning. Take off your rose tinted glasses, my son.

You're arguing against a strawman. I never said Vader or Luke were using the force in interesting or varied ways. The saber combat was what, at least for me, made those two scenes interesting with the Force thrown in for some added spice. Watching someone swinging a saber is just more interesting than throwing wall panels. Both were helped, particularly the Vader scene, by great music, direction, and build up.

Good, as long as you acknowledge Maul used the Force in far more varied and dynamic ways than either Vader or Luke, the rest is a matter of preference.

ares834
No, Luke is moving forward the entire time and the Dark Troopers miss every shot that Luke doesn't deflect outright.

Let's not pretend this is anything other than standard Flynning/Hollywood choreography that's plagued Star Wars since the beginning. Take off your rose tinted glasses, my son.

There's absolutely no comparison. They're are maybe a handful of shot that missed Luke which he did not actively dodge. I certainly didn't notice it when watching it. While actively watching for it I notice them miss maybe half a dozen shots. And even then it's helped by the fact that Luke is swaying from side to side.

Compare that to this:

ZYl9cLvvx-k

It's a night and day difference.

The_Tempest
There's absolutely no comparison. They're are maybe a handful of shot that missed Luke which he did not actively dodge. I certainly didn't notice it when watching it. While actively watching for it I notice them miss maybe half a dozen shots. And even then it's helped by the fact that Luke is swaying from side to side.

Compare that to this:

ZYl9cLvvx-k

It's a night and day difference.

I noticed it the first time I watched it.

"Swaying side to side" lmfao.

ares834
Literally what's happening. If they shoot where he was before, they'd miss. It makes it seem as if he is dodging to some extent while cutting them down. It's enough for me.

The_Tempest
Literally what's happening. If they shoot where he was before, they'd miss. It makes it seem as if he is dodging to some extent while cutting them down. It's enough for me.

OK. Still looks like pretty bad shooting by the Dark Troopers to me.

Galan007
Compare that to this:

ZYl9cLvvx-k

It's a night and day difference. Jfc. I actually forgot how horrendous the inaccuracy was there.

It's right up there with this:
https://i.imgur.com/hlzwbBc.gif

And mind you, Ezra was hovering in a fixed position...I dunno...maybe 10 feet away from them:
https://i.imgur.com/7kVglhl.jpg

Stevie Wonder would have better luck hitting a target than the Stormtroopers. Shit is straight up embarrassing.

...Unless you give Rex some blasters set to stun. He was dropping people left and right with those things, iirc.

Eli Vanto
laughing out loud

Sheev
It's all about "impact" for me.

Luke and Vader's scenes were awesome and left a hell of an impression on me.

Maul's showing was neat, but it didn't give me the same feels. But that could also be because Maul as a character was overused, so I didn't really give a shit what he was doing. Now Luke and Vader- those were scenes we have always wanted to see, and they delivered. big grin

Zenwolf
Worse in the fact that these are veteran Clone Troopers yes? So...yeah, no excuse for poor accuracy.

Trocity
My god... Maul casually walks around the corner with his arms at his sides and they miss every f***ing shot lmao.

Not even remotely comparable. Maul's hallway scene is for sure the lamest.

Dominis
Luke's scene felt just a tad bit too cheesy to me. Maybe it was the music, I just started to cringe a little as it dragged on, while Grogu reached out to touch the viewing screen in awe as if he was supposed to represent the fans.

Scizard
Luke's is just a bit too hack and slash doesn't have the rhythm that Maul and Vaders has either and yeah felt a bit cheesy.

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Dominis
Luke's scene felt just a tad bit too cheesy to me. Maybe it was the music, I just started to cringe a little as it dragged on, while Grogu reached out to touch the viewing screen in awe as if he was supposed to represent the fans.

You read the scene wrong and the music

truejedi
I thought luke's scene was great. That was the Luke Skywalker that made me read all the legends books before the sequel trilogy trash came out. That was the scene I wanted to see instead of all three movies.

Also, mando barely beat a single dark trooper after getting his ass handed to him first. In comparison.

Inedian
Originally posted by Psychotron
Luke. He was already Vader's equal in ROTJ. Now he's got 5 years of more experience and growth.

Equal because of Vader conflict, he was torn apart inside... Vader in ROTJ as far as conflict goes, he was torn apart. ROTJ Vader was the weakest Vader. This isn't Obi-Wan series, that Vader was truly conflicted, confliction at its peak.

In the battle against Luke, Vader was nothing but a tortured soul. Luke wouldn'stand a chance otherwise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.