ST Luke vs ROTS Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xPRIMEx
Who do you think would win? All out fight.

xPRIMEx

Galan007
I'd certainly like to think Luke, but it's hard to prove.

Eli Vanto
Luke>Snoke=ROTJ Sidious>ROTS Sidious.

That's how I see it.

Forschbewithu
Originally posted by Eli Vanto

That's how I see it.

Agreed 👍

Lord Stark
Yeah Snoke is below even ROTS Sidious imo

Darth Thor

That's how I see it.

Snoke is supposedly = ROTJ Sidious in Force Powers. That quote didnt imply Saber prowess at all so doesnt mean they are equal in an all out. The guy is a cripple after all.

Scizard
Luke's saber skills should be above Palpatine's anyway based on all the reference books.

Darthadi
But we don't know if Luke is more powerful than Snoke. Maybe he defeated him because of superior skill as Snoke is a cripple.

Eli Vanto
If Luke weren't at least on par with Snoke in the force, then saber skill wouldn't matter, as Snoke would just dominate him with the force.

At the least I'd say that peak ST luke=Snoke in the force. Which would still put Luke above ROTS Sidious in the force.

Sheev
Luke based on implied power..

Darthadi
If Luke weren't at least on par with Snoke in the force, then saber skill wouldn't matter, as Snoke would just dominate him with the force.

At the least I'd say that peak ST luke=Snoke in the force. Which would still put Luke above ROTS Sidious in the force.

Not really. You don't have to be equal or stronger than someone in the force to defeat said person.
Snoke can be more powerful than Luke but the gap not being big enough for Snoke to ragdoll or win with the force alone. In that case Luke can win through skill as Snoke is a cripple.

Darthadi
Luke might be more powerful than Snoke, but we have no evidence for that yet.

Sheev
Snoke may not have been a cripple when Luke first encountered him though. Verdicts still out on that plot hole lol.

But the fact that Luke had earned Snoke's respect and fear implies that Luke was above him across the board. Snoke wouldn't fear someone who was weaker than himself.

Darth Thor
It can be argued both ways. If Maul is going up against a Sidious who is just sitting there without a Saber, Maul will still get ragdolled.

But if Obi-Wan is fighting a Dooku who doesnt have his saber, I probably wouldnt want to be Dooku. Make Dooku a cripple on top, and im pretty sure Obi-Wan would have a field day.

ares834
Originally posted by Darthadi
Snoke might be more powerful than Luke, but we have no evidence for that yet.

ftfy

Currently, there is a hell of a lot more reason to believe Luke is stronger than Snoke.

Sheev
Originally posted by Darth Thor
But if Obi-Wan is fighting a Dooku who doesnt have his saber, I probably wouldnt want to be Dooku. Make Dooku a cripple on top, and im pretty sure Obi-Wan would have a field day. Lol wat?

Give Dooku the Christopher Reeve treatment, and he'd still force rape Kenobi endlessly.

Darthadi
LOL no. Kenobi's poor performance against Dooku was circumstancial per multiple sources. Without a lightsaber the count is dead.
And then we fave Mustafar Kenobi who is at least comparable to the Count

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sheev
Lol wat?

Give Dooku the Christopher Reeve treatment, and he'd still force rape Kenobi endlessly.

I sure didnt get that impression from any of their fights.

Even if you did, point is there clearly needs to be a very large gap in force powers for Sabers not to be relevant.

Sheev
Originally posted by Darthadi
LOL no. Kenobi's poor performance against Dooku was circumstancial per multiple sources. Without a lightsaber the count is dead.
And then we fave Mustafar Kenobi who is at least comparable to the Count Mustafar Kenobi was tapping into the force like never before because of the circumstances of the battle and WHO he was fighting. His power there is absolutely not indicative of his standard operating level.

Put you average TCW Kenobi against a saberless Dooku, and Kenobi gets raped 10/10.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Even if you did, point is there clearly needs to be a very large gap in force powers for Sabers not to be relevant. So you think Snoke's dialogue about respecting and fearing Luke is based solely around the fact that Luke has a lightsaber?

Darthadi
No, Snoke's dialogue is based on the fact that Luke is likely better as an overall combatant (force and sabers), unlike other saber wielding characters like Rey who was ragdolled.
This doesn't mean Luke is more powerful in the force tho. (He might be, but it's not confirmed)

Darth Thor

So you think Snoke's dialogue about respecting and fearing Luke is based solely around the fact that Luke has a lightsaber?

I never said Snoke > Luke in the Force. Im just saying Luke having beat him in combat doesnt in itself make him > ROTJ Palpatine, whose only comparison with Snoke is in Force powers only.

Darth Thor

Put you average TCW Kenobi against a saberless Dooku, and Kenobi gets raped 10/10.

Was kind of assuming a more peak Kenobi. But regardless there are other examples.

Maul or Dark Side Vos against a Saber less Dooku.

Ventress against a Saber less Maul (im guessing Maul would have a hard time there, although he did okay against Ahsoka in that situation)

Heck Maul was almost certainly better with the Force than Kenobi, but what chance would he stand against him without his Saber?

Definitely has to be a fairly large disparity.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.