Question about Luke's death?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sheev
Would Luke have still been killed by the projection feat in TLJ if he hadn't just reunited himself with the force?

I ask because he had disconnected himself from the force for YEARS, then reconnected with it, then just a few hrs later preformed what is arguably the most advanced force feat in canon.

Would the exertion still have killed Luke if he had never cut himself off from the force in the first place, and was still fully acclimated to it?

Eli Vanto
He could probably have lasted longer if he hadn't just turned the force back on, but the effort still would have probably killed him,.

Zenwolf
Was it even confirmed he cut himself off? Cause how did he even reconnect to it?

Eli Vanto
Rey said he cut himself off from the force. That's why she couldn't sense him on ahch to.

Zenwolf

Galan007
Novel and sourcebooks state that Luke cut himself off from the Force as well.

As for the question: the projection works by dumping your own living Force into it. The longer you manifest the projection, and the more 'real' you make it, the more of your living Force is required to sustain it. That's why Luke died -- he basically poured all of his life force into the projection.

So *maybe* Luke could have done the projection feat without dying in the process if he had maintained his connection to the Force over the years, but I doubt it. I don't see why cutting himself off from the Force would've impacted the amount of living Force that he personally contains.

Psychotron
It's still a lame death for someone who is supposed to be equal to or greater than ROTJ Sidious.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.