The power of TROS Sidious??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
My question is- did Sidious in TROS have the power of every Sith before him, or was the power he displayed just his own?

And if he did have the power of every Sith in history, when (and HOW) did he acquire that kind of might?? confused

The Merchant
Tros novel says when he drained Kylo and Rey he used the power of all the Sith.

We dunni how he got such power, my guess sonething to do with Exegol. I get the feeling Exegol was gonna be sometbing far more grand than what we got but TLJ wanted things to be more grounded.

Galan007
Yeah, the implication in the novel is that Palpatine was a vessel for all the Sith before him:

SW.com confirms the same:
https://i.imgur.com/Vnq8fM4.jpg
"Though Sidious was a vessel of all the Sith's power..."

...As for the "when and how": it's fully unknown at this point.

Sheev
I wonder if when a Sith apprentice kills the master, they basically absorb their essence (like a highlander style quickening)?

So master A is killed by apprentice B. Apprentice B inherits the power of A. When apprentice C kills B, they inherit the power of A+B..... And so on and so forth up.

xPRIMEx
That seems to be the implication.

Darthadi
Nothing supports that ideea so far.(and would be a trash cocept tbh).

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Sheev
I wonder if when a Sith apprentice kills the master, they basically absorb their essence (like a highlander style quickening)?

So master A is killed by apprentice B. Apprentice B inherits the power of A. When apprentice C kills B, they inherit the power of A+B..... And so on and so forth up.

It would become almost impossible for an apprentice to kill their master after a few generations of that.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sheev

So master A is killed by apprentice B. Apprentice B inherits the power of A. When apprentice C kills B, they inherit the power of A+B..... And so on and so forth up. Wouldn't this imply that Sith apprentices aren't just above their own master, but above every master in history? Yeah, I really doubt that's the case.

If indeed Palpatine was a vessel for every Sith that has ever existed, it's more likely that he gained said power through some sort of advanced/esoteric ritual, imo.

Scizard
That would be so retarded.

Galan007
Originally posted by Scizard
That would be so retarded. This is the ST.

Freedon Nadd
I take it as a dark side amplification

Total Warrior

ares834
I completely disagree. The idea that the Banite Sith cultivated mystical power over generations and passed it on from master to apprentice upon death is freakin sweet. It's way cooler then just some random ritual. It also would help justify the Rule of Two even more as having many Sith around could dilute this power (which is also a nice call back to the EU Jedi vs Sith comic about Bane).

As for how the apprentice could kill the master, that's simple. They do so through trickery and deceit. Palaptine killed Plageuis in his sleep after all. The only real issue I see, and admittedly it's a doozy, is how could Yoda and Mace contend with such a being?

Freedon Nadd
Originally posted by ares834
I completely disagree. The idea that the Banite Sith cultivated mystical power over generations and passed it on from master to apprentice upon death is freakin sweet. It's way cooler then just some random ritual. It also would help justify the Rule of Two even more as having many Sith around could dilute this power (which is also a nice call back to the EU Jedi vs Sith comic about Bane).

As for how the apprentice could kill the master, that's simple. They do so through trickery and deceit. Palaptine killed Plageuis in his sleep after all. The only real issue I see, and admittedly it's a doozy, is how could Yoda and Mace contend with such a being?

So obsessed with Rule of Two as the standard definition and philosophy of what a sith lord and order should be. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth Thor
The only real issue I see, and admittedly it's a doozy, is how could Yoda and Mace contend with such a being?

Yeah but this would be a huge contradiction to that idea. Hence it cant possibly be the case.

ares834
Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
So obsessed with Rule of Two as the standard definition and philosophy of what a sith lord and order should be. roll eyes (sarcastic)

No clue how you got that from my post... but whatever.

Galan007
The only real issue I see, and admittedly it's a doozy, is how could Yoda and Mace contend with such a being? Yeah. If Palpatine was packing the power of every Sith in history as of RotS, that makes the Sith of old seem laughably weak -- as it would imply that Mace/Yoda all by their lonesomes were not just on par with Palpatine, but on par with every Sith, ever. Doesn't sit well with me.

Or it could be possible that the essence of the master did cyclically pass into the apprentice upon their death... but perhaps the apprentices(or masters, for that matter) had no idea that the transfers were taking place, and said spirits essentially laid dormant within them over the years. Palpatine would then discover this fact at some point after RotS(when he really dove into advancing his knowledge/power) and proceed to awaken the spirits within himself via some kind of ritual..?

xPRIMEx

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Galan007
This is the ST.

laughing out loud

Yes.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that absorbing the Force Dyad was somehow responsible for not just restoring him, but also giving him the access to the power of all Sith.

Rebel95

Freedon Nadd
No clue how you got that from my post... but whatever.

Then what was your point?

ares834
Literally what I posted? That the idea that the Sith of the rule of two cultivated and passed down power is cool if problematic. That has nothing to do with the Ro2 being the best Sith Order/philosophy/whatever and I never expressed such a notion in my post.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.