Someone explain logically, why Voter ID is racist.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wxyz
Title.

BrolyBlack

wxyz
The Left is the Devil?

Trocity
Because apparently people of colour are too stupid or lazy or get their own ID. That's basically what I think whenever I hear it. Same type of thing with shit like "Voting guides for muslims" and shit like that. "This is who you can vote for, we think you are too stupid or lazy to form your own opinions so we will lay it out for you who you should vote for."

It's pretty racist, tbh.

wxyz
I agree with you, Trocity.

BrolyBlack

cdtm
Originally posted by wxyz
Title.

The logic is that some people of color can not afford to pay the fee for drivers licenses. Or, that they simply don't have them, for whatever reason.

When people of color are judged to be uniquely burdened by something, relative to whites (Or other protected classes), this is called "disparate impact".

The reason for this impact simply does not matter, under this logic. If a disparate number of blacks chose to not vote, for their own reasons, this too would be considered a problem.

I've seen stressing over the fact one group of immigrants simply refused to engage the political process. They would not self advocate, period, and refused all help. This was considered a problem, because it uniquely affected them adversely, and therefore was a "disparate impact".

Or the tl:dr version, because Democrats demand "equality of outcome", and minories with no form of ID do not have an equal outcome to anyone else who has some form of ID.

Flyattractor
What has been FUN has been when Repubs have pretty much said We will Make Getting ID's Free and the Lefty Fascist PhuckHards still go "No That REEEECIST!!!"

Fphuck Lefties.

Nuke Nixon
I've grown up around plenty of dirt poor white folks that couldn't afford shite, poverty ain't exclusive to POCs.

Flyattractor
Thats RACIST TALK MISTER!

Nuke Nixon
Yeah I own that.

Flyattractor
You so gonna wind up in a Re-Education Camp!

Nuke Nixon
Maybe they'll have the good donuts.

Flyattractor
Lefties are Full On Health Nazies. The Doughnuts WILL SUCK!

Democrats /Health Nazies want to go Full No Fun Fascists on Your Soda.

Blakemore
The Left is the Devil? I'm lefty, in the arm and the leg. Fvck you.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Blakemore
I'm lefty, in the arm and the leg. Fvck you.

Yes. We already knew you were incapable of Actually Doing LOGIC!

NemeBro
Originally posted by Trocity
Because apparently people of colour are too stupid or lazy or get their own ID. That's basically what I think whenever I hear it. Same type of thing with shit like "Voting guides for muslims" and shit like that. "This is who you can vote for, we think you are too stupid or lazy to form your own opinions so we will lay it out for you who you should vote for."

It's pretty racist, tbh. Too stupid? No. Too poor? Quite possibly, do you dispute that various forms of government identification often cost money? Do you think that people living in poverty can't as readily go out and get one, due to issues with money and lack of transportation?

It's also funny that the biggest "gubment bad" guy (wxyz) on the forum wants the government to regulate who can and can't vote.

Trocity
Originally posted by NemeBro
Too stupid? No. Too poor? Quite possibly, do you dispute that various forms of government identification often cost money? Do you think that people living in poverty can't as readily go out and get one, due to issues with money and lack of transportation?

It's also funny that the biggest "gubment bad" guy (wxyz) on the forum wants the government to regulate who can and can't vote.

They do cost money, yeah. They can be around 30-50 dollars, depending on what form you get(at least where I live). I do think it could stop people who live in poverty from purchasing it, but it is a pretty basic necessity. It's often necessary in order to be able to rent a place to live and things of that nature, everyone should have an ID.

The idea that requiring someone to show valid ID in order to vote for the leader of the country is racist is a silly thing to claim regardless.

Artol
I think it is in part racist because the intend is to disenfranchise more black people (and poor people generally). That is, the politicians advocating for this generally do so for racist reasons, as voter fraud with or without voter id is a negligible problem, while poll taxes are a real and continuous problem in the American democratic process.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Artol
I think it is in part racist because the intend is to disenfranchise more black people (and poor people generally). That is, the politicians advocating for this generally do so for racist reasons, as voter fraud with or without voter id is a negligible problem, while poll taxes are a real and continuous problem in the American democratic process. thumb up My opinion too.

BrolyBlack
You are such a joiner bro

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by BrolyBlack
You are such a joiner bro triggered by agreement laughing out loud

wxyz
Too stupid? No. Too poor? Quite possibly, do you dispute that various forms of government identification often cost money? Do you think that people living in poverty can't as readily go out and get one, due to issues with money and lack of transportation?

Whether or not poor people can go out as "readily" as non poor people and get id is a non issue.

It only takes a work day to get an id, and they last typically 4 years.

And as for the Government regulating who can and cannot vote, I don't know what you're talking about.

Newjak
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
I've grown up around plenty of dirt poor white folks that couldn't afford shite, poverty ain't exclusive to POCs. I think your missing the core problem which cdtm did a great job of talking about.

No one is saying that white people aren't poor as well but poverty disproportionately effects African Americans more than it does white people is what is talked about.

Also African Americans tend to be poor in more urban areas while white people tend to be more poor in rural areas. This also effects how poverty influences people.

Basically though anything that effects poor people tends to disproportionately effect African Americans.

Artol
I think you should have voter id laws only if the government delivers valid id to every citizen free of charge and without any extra work for the citizen. If they do that I have no problem with that. If it costs you money, time, and is obfuscated in other ways I am opposed to it.

Newjak
I think you should have voter id laws only if the government delivers valid id to every citizen free of charge and without any extra work for the citizen. If they do that I have no problem with that. If it costs you money, time, and is obfuscated in other ways I am opposed to it. I think this is a pretty mature stance to have.

Old Man Whirly!
In the uk we have the electoral roll. It's free to be on it.

cdtm
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
I've grown up around plenty of dirt poor white folks that couldn't afford shite, poverty ain't exclusive to POCs.

You're right. There are PLENTY of dirt poor white people.

But there has to be even more people of color, as the entire argument depends on disenfranchised people who can't vote with voter id laws in place, because they have no photo id (Or in many cases, as car).

cdtm
I think you should have voter id laws only if the government delivers valid id to every citizen free of charge and without any extra work for the citizen. If they do that I have no problem with that. If it costs you money, time, and is obfuscated in other ways I am opposed to it.

The id rhetoric is all about a core issue: How do you curb voter fraud.

Of course, the left says voter fraud isn't an issue, but I still feel its pretty reasonable to ask about the protections in place, as historically photo id's have been the stop gap measure of choice in just about anything that requires proof of identity.

Silent Master

Do you feel the same about all the other things that currently require an ID to do/buy?

BackFire

eThneoLgrRnae
Everyone realizes that poor people come in all skin tones, yes?

Even many white people are poor and may have have just as much problems/difficulties with getting an ID as poor black or brown people. So the argument that it is the reason why it is supposedly "racist" is BS.

Voter id's should be required for all to vote.

BrolyBlack

Old Man Whirly!

BrolyBlack
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
thumb up Top notch!

What a lame post.

Posting this

^more thrilling.

Old Man Whirly!
What a lame post.

Posting this

^more thrilling. Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
triggered by agreement laughing out loud

BrolyBlack
You are such a joiner bro

wxyz
Originally posted by eThneoLgrRnae

Even many white people are poor and may have have just as much problems/difficulties with getting an ID as poor black or brown people. So the argument that it is the reason why it is supposedly "racist" is BS.

Voter id's should be required for all to vote.

thumb up Top notch!

Nuke Nixon
Wait up, since citizens are given a social security number... why can't that be the voter ID?

Artol
Originally posted by cdtm
The id rhetoric is all about a core issue: How do you curb voter fraud.

Of course, the left says voter fraud isn't an issue, but I still feel its pretty reasonable to ask about the protections in place, as historically photo id's have been the stop gap measure of choice in just about anything that requires proof of identity.

I agree that the rhetoric is about voter fraud, but the core of the voter id debate is not voter fraud, that is just the removed issue that is openly talked about. What is at the core of the voted id debate is what demographics vote for whom and how can you steer that to your own benefit.

I also say that the core it not voter fraud, because we can just look at research that shows that the type of voter fraud that a voter id can feasibly prevent is a non-issue in the United States, and that other places outside the United States also function perfectly fine without it.

NemeBro
Whether or not poor people can go out as "readily" as non poor people and get id is a non issue.

It only takes a work day to get an id, and they last typically 4 years.

If you believe that poor people having greater difficulty acquiring a government ID (which you think they should need to vote) is a "non-issue" then you're either mentally handicapped or, as I suspect, pushing a narrative to disenfranchise people who would be more likely to vote against your own political beliefs.

There are a lot of people in poverty whom hold onto what little money they have that isn't going into necessities to save for emergency expenses that come up from time to time. Or they just don't really have much disposable income at all in some cases. Or they just don't value voting enough to go out and spend money on an ID and would rather spend what little disposable income they have someplace else. All of these are valid enough reasons and you can frankly go **** yourself if you think they shouldn't be allowed to vote for who they want leading the country they live and pay taxes in just because they can't effortlessly drop the money to pay whatever they have to for a government ID, and for some people the costs are well over a hundred dollars and require a lot of travel when they don't necessarily have a vehicle of their own.

A better question is why do you think voter ID laws are so necessary? What scary boogeymen has convinced you of their necessity?

If you need a government ID to vote in elections then the government is in fact regulating who can and can not vote.

NemeBro

Voter id's should be required for all to vote. So what? Poor white people being kept from voting is also horrible.

But while poor people come in all colors, they are disproportionately ethnic minorities, in this case black or hispanic. Or to put it another way, a far greater percentage of black and hispanic people live in poverty compared to white people (and much less than asian people incidentally).

That is why it is considered racist, because it affects a far larger percentage of black and hispanic people than it does white people. And also because it is obviously a targeted disenfranchisement of them because those demographics tend to largely vote democrat.

Adam_PoE
Voter ID is effectively a poll tax. Over 20-million eligible voters do not have a government-issued ID. And the cost of the underlying documents to obtain one range for $75 to $175. The travel required is an additional burden. For some rural Americans, the nearest ID office is 170 miles away. Never mind that many ID offices operate only part-time. One office in Georgia, for example, is only open on the fifth Wednesday of the month, which is only four times a year. Most wage earners do not have paid time off, and live paycheck-to-paycheck. They simply cannot afford to take an unpaid day off work, arrange transportation, and spend the entire day traveling and waiting in line at an ID office to spend money they do not have on ID, so they can exercise their constitutional rights.

eThneoLgrRnae
I completely understand why lefties don't want voter id to be a requirement for voting: it makes it much harder for their side to get away with cheating.

So of course they're going to make up all kinds of excuses for why it shouldn't be mandatory.

And it is no shock that democrats don't think voter fraud is a big deal since it is those on their side who're typically doing the cheating.

wxyz
If you believe that poor people having greater difficulty acquiring a government ID (which you think they should need to vote) is a "non-issue" then you're either mentally handicapped or, as I suspect, pushing a narrative to disenfranchise people who would be more likely to vote against your own political beliefs.

There are a lot of people in poverty whom hold onto what little money they have that isn't going into necessities to save for emergency expenses that come up from time to time. Or they just don't really have much disposable income at all in some cases. Or they just don't value voting enough to go out and spend money on an ID and would rather spend what little disposable income they have someplace else. All of these are valid enough reasons and you can frankly go **** yourself if you think they shouldn't be allowed to vote for who they want leading the country they live and pay taxes in just because they can't effortlessly drop the money to pay whatever they have to for a government ID, and for some people the costs are well over a hundred dollars and require a lot of travel when they don't necessarily have a vehicle of their own.

A better question is why do you think voter ID laws are so necessary? What scary boogeymen has convinced you of their necessity?

If you need a government ID to vote in elections then the government is in fact regulating who can and can not vote.

Here in Canada, Voter ID is just common sense, you have to prove who you are in order to vote.

I find it shocking that people don't see that.

As for the cost and time.

I still don't see it as an argument, just excuses.

And as for the Government requiring ID to vote = the Government regulating who votes.

You're right.

And that's a good thing, not a bad thing like you're making it out to be.

wxyz
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Voter ID is effectively a poll tax. Over 20-million eligible voters do not have a government-issued ID. And the cost of the underlying documents to obtain one range for $75 to $175. The travel required is an additional burden. For some rural Americans, the nearest ID office is 170 miles away. Never mind that many ID offices operate only part-time. One office in Georgia, for example, is only open on the fifth Wednesday of the month, which is only four times a year. Most wage earners do not have paid time off, and live paycheck-to-paycheck. They simply cannot afford to take an unpaid day off work, arrange transportation, and spend the entire day traveling and waiting in line at an ID office to spend money they do not have on ID, so they can exercise their constitutional rights.

So would you be in favor of the Government giving every Citizen a free form of ID that can be used for Government services including voting?

Adam_PoE
Here in Canada, Voter ID is just common sense, you have to prove who you are in order to vote.

I find it shocking that people don't see that.

As for the cost and time.

I still don't see it as an argument, just excuses.

And as for the Government requiring ID to vote = the Government regulating who votes.

You're right.

And that's a good thing, not a bad thing like you're making it out to be.

People already have to establish their identity in order to register to vote. The system is pretty good at preventing, detecting, and punishing fraud. That is why there is virtually none.

Adam_PoE
So would you be in favor of the Government giving every Citizen a free form of ID that can be used for Government services including voting?

Of course. The only objection to voter ID is that it is unnecessarily burdensome to obtain it. If the government issued them to everyone for free, then no one would care.

wxyz
Of course. The only objection to voter ID is that it is unnecessarily burdensome to obtain it. If the government issued them to everyone for free, then no one would care.

I'm in favor of that too.

But glad we agree that you should provide ID to vote, whether or not the Government provides it free of charge.

Adam_PoE
I'm in favor of that too.

But glad we agree that you should provide ID to vote, whether or not the Government provides it free of charge.

No, we do not agree. I said I did not object to voter ID if the government provides it to everyone for free. I did not say I think it is necessary.

victreebelvictr
Some people on this forum are so good at being dicks. laughing out loud

jaden_2.0
Voter ID isn't racist but a lot of the people who want it implemented are.

Robtard
People comparing this to a driver's license are stupid or confused. Driving is a privilege, voting is a right. You shouldn't have to pay to be able to vote.

wxyz
I guess the government should cover my transportation costs and wages too, right?

Robtard
I guess the government should cover my transportation costs and wages too, right?

Since voting is a Constitutional right (Voting Rights Act of 1965) of every citizen in the US, yes, the government should cover all cost related to having a voter id, if a voter id is to be mandatory.

Only bigots think what would amount to another poll tax is not both racially and class motivated.

wxyz
Originally posted by Robtard
Since voting is a Constitutional right (Voting Rights Act of 1965) of every citizen in the US, yes, the government should cover all cost related to having a voter id, if a voter id is to be mandatory.

Only bigots think what would amount to another poll tax is not both racially and class motivated.

Okay Robtard. laughing

Artol
I guess the government should cover my transportation costs and wages too, right? That is not a bad idea, I like where you are going.

jaden_2.0

If you're employed by the government...

Old Man Whirly!

Only bigots think what would amount to another poll tax is not both racially and class motivated. In the UK we have the electoral roll, it costs us nothing.

Silent Master
So, the argument is that people shouldn't have to pay in order to exercise their rights?

Robtard
Okay Robtard. laughing

Except of course these laws have historically negatively targeted certain groups.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Silent Master
So, the argument is that people shouldn't have to pay in order to exercise their rights? In a free open and egalitarian society, that's what usually happens.

wxyz
In the UK we have the electoral roll, it costs us nothing.

I'm so happy Boris won.

wxyz
Except of course these laws have historically negatively targeted certain groups.

I guess Canadians are bigoted then.

jaden_2.0
In the UK we have the electoral roll, it costs us nothing.

That's because it's a product itself. They don't charge you to be on it. They charge organisations to access it.

Robtard
I guess Canadians are bigoted then.

I was speaking about the US, I don't know enough about Canadian poll tax history.

Silent Master
In a free open and egalitarian society, that's what usually happens.

Should that also apply to the 2nd amendment?

Robtard
What do you suggest the government pay for in regards to the 2nd Amendment?

eThneoLgrRnae
A mandatory voter id would cut down on a lot of voter fraud. Yes, I know that's the real reason leftists/democrat-voters don't want it.

Robtard
A mandatory voter id would cut down on a lot of voter fraud. Yes, I know that's the real reason leftists/democrat-voters don't want it.

durwank

wxyz

I wonder how many mail in ballots Robtard sent in.

Robtard

Just the four.

jaden_2.0
One for each of your secret sock accounts that only the secret gang know about?

eThneoLgrRnae

No telling. Probably dozens.

Adam_PoE

Sounds like gun owner registration to me. What a great idea, S&M!

Silent Master

We can start with no ID being required for either voting or getting a gun.

Blakemore
We can start with no ID being required for either voting or getting a gun. No. You moron.

Silent Master
No. You moron.

You want to tax someone's constitutional right?

Blakemore
You want to tax someone's constitutional right? to own a gun? I mean, if you're shooting pheasants or pigeons, sure. If you wanna shoot a human, I'd say , "no gun for you"

Silent Master
to own a gun? I mean, if you're shooting pheasants or pigeons, sure. If you wanna shoot a human, I'd say , "no gun for you"

That didn't answer the question I asked.

The question was. You want to tax someone's constitutional right?

Blakemore

The question was. You want to tax someone's constitutional right? To what?

jaden_2.0

The question was. You want to tax someone's constitutional right?

Is there already sales taxes on guns?

wxyz
I'm lefty, in the arm and the leg. Fvck you.

Wat?

Blakemore
I'm a lefty. erm

Silent Master
Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Is there already sales taxes on guns?

Hence my question about whether people's stance of "rights shouldn't be taxed" extend to the 2nd amendment.

wxyz
@Blake Thought you were a Centrist.

jaden_2.0
Hence my question about whether people's stance of "rights shouldn't be taxed" extend to the 2nd amendment.

I suppose it comes down to how you view it.

Having to pay for a voter ID is like having to buy the right to vote.

You don't buy the right to own a gun. You already have that right for free. You just buy the gun.

Old Man Whirly!
That's because it's a product itself. They don't charge you to be on it. They charge organisations to access it. That's quite true. But, it's also not a bad thing.

Silent Master
I suppose it comes down to how you view it.

Having to pay for a voter ID is like having to buy the right to vote.

You don't buy the right to own a gun. You already have that right for free. You just buy the gun.

Same is true for needing an ID to get a gun.

jaden_2.0
You don't need a specific gun buying ID.

Silent Master
You don't need a specific gun buying ID.

You don't need a specific voting ID.

Quincy
All things depending in some places you are required to take several hours of courses on guns before you are given an id.

jaden_2.0
You don't need a specific voting ID.

That's what's being proposed.

Silent Master

No, it's not. what is being proposed is needing an ID to vote. not needing a specific ID that can only be used to vote.

Artol
I don't really care for constitutional arguments, history has shown you can interpret the constitution however you want, and I'm much more interested in ethical and outcome based arguments regarding policy proposals.

jaden_2.0
No, it's not. what is being proposed is needing an ID to vote. not needing a specific ID that can only be used to vote.

Well make it so. Give it away for free to anyone with a social security number and allow it to be used as an ID for purchasing guns.

That way only citizens can vote or buy guns.

Sorted.

BrolyBlack

Blakemore
@Blake Thought you were a Centrist. no, i'm left handed and left footed but in political terms i'm centrist. make sense?

Robtard
Sounds like gun owner registration to me. What a great idea, S&M!

Sounds good to me. Every gun is registered and every owner's name goes in a registry and it should be free.

Robtard

SilentMaster is very slow in the head.

eThneoLgrRnae
SilentMaster is very slow in the head.

No, he's right. No one thinks there should be an id specifically for voting. Just that voting should require some form of picture id.

Robtard
You're wrong again, star.

Silent Master
If we're wrong. go ahead and quote the person that is calling for an ID that can only be used for voting.

eThneoLgrRnae

Nope, I'm right yet again... as I always am.

Keep lying though, Rob.

Robtard

eThneoLgrRnae
Nope, I'm right yet again... as I always am.

Keep lying though, Rob.

Old Man Whirly!
You're wrong again, star. thumb up Bingo!

eThneoLgrRnae
thumb down Wrongo!

wxyz
As if Leftists are fooling anybody with this racism shit.

We all know why they don't want Voter ID.

Old Man Whirly!
As if Leftists are fooling anybody with this racism shit.

We all know why they don't want Voter ID. You are Pigeonholing people mate.

wxyz
You are Pigeonholing people mate.

If the pigeon fits..

wxyz
The Left wants massive mail in voting, and no Voter ID.

They can't be up to anything.

I'm sure 2020 was not a test run for anything.

Old Man Whirly!
If the pigeon fits.. Don't get so OTT, it sounds like you need a neurosurgeon mate smile

wxyz
Don't get so OTT, it sounds like you need a neurosurgeon mate smile

Maybe you need a lobotomy, chap.

wxyz
Sounds good to me. Every gun is registered and every owner's name goes in a registry and it should be free.

You want the Government to know who has guns and where they are?

I'm sure that'll go well.

Old Man Whirly!
Maybe you need a lobotomy, chap. Your grudgeoning seems burgeoning. Don't be a little Napoleon smile

wxyz
Your grudgeoning seems burgeoning. Don't be a little Napoleon smile

When are you leaving the forum?

Raptor22
Do people really want voter id laws to be like gun laws?

Where in order to buy a gun from a federally licensed seller u need id, so in order to vote at a licensed poll u would need one.

But since there is no federal law (only differing state laws) requiring id for purchases between same state private sellers/buyers ie gun shows, sales to friends, relatives, associates etc... Would people be ok with the government letting private citizens set up private voting booths where no id and no other regulations or requirements are necessary and letting the states individually decide on whether or not to allow it?

Old Man Whirly!
When are you leaving the forum? In about a month.

wxyz
In about a month.

Good.

Go be with with your hot wife.

Old Man Whirly!
Good.

Go be with with your hot wife. I may come back at some point though I have left for years before.

wxyz
I may come back at some point though I have left for years before.

And I'll be waiting. big grin

eThneoLgrRnae
Pooty isn't going anywhere, unfortunately.

He's all talk.

Old Man Whirly!
And I'll be waiting. big grin Someone has to be mate smile

Silent Master
Originally posted by Raptor22
Do people really want voter id laws to be like gun laws?

Where in order to buy a gun from a federally licensed seller u need id, so in order to vote at a licensed poll u would need one.

But since there is no federal law (only differing state laws) requiring id for purchases between same state private sellers/buyers ie gun shows, sales to friends, relatives, associates etc... Would people be ok with the government letting private citizens set up private voting booths where no id and no other regulations or requirements are necessary and letting the states individually decide on whether or not to allow it?

If private citizens want to hold an election for a private position, they can set whatever rules they want.

Raptor22
If private citizens want to hold an election for a private position, they can set whatever rules they want. why not for public positions?

When someone buys a gun in a private sale with no id they can still carry them in public.

wxyz
why not for public positions?

When someone buys a gun in a private sale with no id they can still carry them in public.

How is that even remotely the same thing?

Raptor22
How is that even remotely the same thing? Are u really asking me how 2 rights given to American citizens under the constitution are remotely the same?

Silent Master
why not for public positions?

Exactly, private sale = private election. the person that wins that private election can walk around in public all they want.

wxyz
Are u really asking me how 2 rights given to American citizens under the constitution are remotely the same?

confused

Raptor22
Exactly, private sale = private election. the person that wins that private election can walk around in public all they want. where did u get private sale=private election? Its more like Private sale = private voting

Silent Master
where did u get private sale=private election? Its more like Private sale = private voting

Private gun sales are sales between two private citizens with no government involvement. therefore the equivalent would be voting between private citizens with no government involvement.

wxyz
Private gun sales are sales between two private citizens with no government involvement. therefore the equivalent would be voting between private citizens with no government involvement.

Leftists don't understand logic.

Artol
I don't think that's true, people from across the political spectrum understand (or don't understand) logic, there's just a lot of different values and people have different experience and information that they rate more or less important. I'm not just saying that cause I am a leftist and believe myself to understand logic though, I swear.

Adam_PoE

That is not true. In half of states with voter ID laws, legitimate forms of photo ID that those state governments will accept for identity verification purposes in all other instances cannot be used to vote. That defacto requires otherwise eligible voters to get a specific voter ID.

Adam_PoE

Silent Master

Adam_PoE
Not a public election, a government election. there is no government involvement in a private gun sale between two citizens

The right to possess the firearm from that private transaction is not a private right, any more than the right to franchise is.

Silent Master
This is where you're mistaken. the constitution doesn't grant rights. it recognizes them

Blakemore
firearms are acceptable in some circumstances, yes. However, some lunatics misuse them and kill other humans, hence, gun control. Dickhead.

Silent Master
Were you trying to make a point?

Blakemore
yes

Silent Master
What was your point supposed to be?

Blakemore
you can own a gun and use it for hunting but if you're a nutcase who might shoot another human then no. Hence, background check.

Silent Master
you can own a gun and use it for hunting but if you're a nutcase who might shoot another human then no. Hence, background check.

What does that have to do with anything?

Old Man Whirly!
I think wxyz (Neon) has had why voter id is racist explained to him excellently in this thread by many people. If he doesn't get it... I certainly as an impartial non American understand why its racist now.

Blakemore
I think peeps who shoot other peeps should have their gun taken away. Anyone else agree?

eThneoLgrRnae
There is absolutely NOTHING racist about having to have a picture id in order to vote... nothing.

It's just a pathetic excuse leftists use to justify people not having to verify who they are when voting.

In other words, they know it makes it much harder for them to get away with cheating when an id is required, and that is just totally unacceptable to them, so they scream "it's racist!".

Not a single person in this thread has come even remotely close to giving a solid reason why a mandatory id for voting is racist.

wxyz
This is where you're mistaken. the constitution doesn't grant rights. it recognizes them

thumb up

Leftists think rights come from the Government, they do not.

wxyz
I think wxyz (Neon) has had why voter id is racist explained to him excellently in this thread by many people. If he doesn't get it... I certainly as an impartial non American understand why its racist now.

There is absolutely NOTHING racist about having to have a picture id in order to vote... nothing.

It's just a pathetic excuse leftists use to justify people not having to verify who they are when voting.

In other words, they know it makes it much harder for them to get away with cheating when an id is required, and that is just totally unacceptable to them, so they scream "it's racist!".

Not a single person in this thread has come even remotely close to giving a solid reason why a mandatory id for voting is racist.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>