Batman vs Knull

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bentley
Batman has a year of prep.

The winner gets to take Robin on a date.

Fight in the Grand Canyon

DarkSaint85
Batman would stomp this tbh.

DarkSaint85
And I will throw down the gauntlet.

BZ against all comers. Batman with 1 year of prep, against Knull with no prep.

DarkSaint85
No takers?

Damborgson
How much knowledge would Batman have on Knull?

Diesldude

Enzeru

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Damborgson
How much knowledge would Batman have on Knull?

Imagine he's got access to Albert's and Carver's detailed files.

Otherwise, I have two scenarios if you're interested:

1. Same as Marvel Earth i.e Eddie Brock has come to warn him

2. He has access to a hard drive filled with every Knull and related comic released.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Knull stomps, saint is extremely ignorant on any marvel related topics nothing more.

Diesldude

Diesldude
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Knull stomps, saint is extremely ignorant on any marvel related topics nothing more. take him up on his challenge. Smh.

AlbertoJohnAvil

DarkSaint85
Considering I didn't say you were ignorant, Albert, reported.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by Diesldude
take him up on his challenge. Smh.

laughing out loud Nah thats waste time, saints gonna get embarrassed if i'm stupid enough to accept. I'll be humble and let him troll

DarkSaint85
Saying I'm trolling?

If it's that easy to prove, take me on.

You've been telling abhi you're willing to do self bans, so let's do that. Six months self ban for the loser.

AlbertoJohnAvil
ffs you think a fking human can take on Knull and you wanna have the nerves to think that's not ignorance. I'm not accepting a spite match that I know i'm gonna win, we can do any other bz with a self ban on the linfe.

Diesldude
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud Nah thats waste time, saints gonna get embarrassed if i'm stupid enough to accept. I'll be humble and let him troll you say you will be humble but still call DS an ignorant troll? Do you even understand what you type?

DarkSaint85
@Albert: Nope. You think it's that easy, prove it. I've destroyed you in a BZ before, so am confident I can do it again.

Yes, I think Batman with an entire year of prep can defeat Knull, as stated by Bentley in his OP.

Diesldude

DarkSaint85

deft
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

MADMAN01
Is this battle zone happening?

carver9
Knull destroys here tbh unless we are allowing Batman to gain access to items that isn't in his possession.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by carver9
Knull destroys here tbh unless we are allowing Batman to gain access to items that isn't in his possession. You mean in his possession but not his own work/inventions.

carver9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
You mean in his possession but not his own work/inventions.

Does not really have to be his own work but if its something that is in his utility belt or in the batcave, then it should be usable. If he have to go to Superman, who isn't even involved in this fight and grab items from him or any other JLA member, then it should not be used as evidence in a fight.

DarkSaint85
That kinda sounds like Superman with prep would stomp Knull, tbh lol.

And Carv is scared of that.

Parmaniac
Just out of curiousity, do you have anything in mind besides the magical items that are stored in the secret room in the batcave or the platinum kryptonite?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Just out of curiousity, do you have anything in mind besides the magical items that are stored in the secret room in the batcave or the platinum kryptonite?

You mean like the helm of Fate etc?

Perhaps evil face

Edit: but it's like I said. Let's have it with Eddie coming to DC and convincing them that this incredible threat is coming, and Bats is planning for it.

Was Captain America limited to just his own Inventions and his own equipment? Course not.

Was Iron Man? No.

If Carver is getting all worried that Superman or GL or..... Aquaman has some magical doohickey that can beat Knull....why, we can just have it as Superman/GL/Aquaman with prep, lmao.

MrMind
batman

Stoic

How would Batman stomp here? No one knows how to stop Knull at the moment. Bruce would have knowledge of the symbiotes, but Tony has that very same knowledge. His Extremis tech had little effect on the Grendle Dragon, and we still have yet to see the true Knull. You did state in another thread that Knull had escaped his prison. What book did that happen in? I was under the impression that the true Knull was still subdued on the planet of symbiotes? I think Knull would do to Batman what he did to the Avengers.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Stoic
How would Batman stomp here? No one knows how to stop Knull at the moment. Bruce would have knowledge of the symbiotes, but Tony has that very same knowledge. His Extremis tech had little effect on the Grendle Dragon, and we still have yet to see the true Knull. You did state in another thread that Knull had escaped his prison. What book did that happen in? I was under the impression that the true Knull was still subdued on the planet of symbiotes? I think Knull would do to Batman what he did to the Avengers. No he woke up and went on a conquest throughout the entire universe to throw it back into the darkness before the big bang, what you see now is him reaching earth after going through the Shi'ar (<- IIRC) empire

Damborgson
Imagine he's got access to Albert's and Carver's detailed files.

Otherwise, I have two scenarios if you're interested:

1. Same as Marvel Earth i.e Eddie Brock has come to warn him

2. He has access to a hard drive filled with every Knull and related comic released.

Interesting 🤔

I like that first one.

Lets discuss.

BruceSkywalker
bruce wins this..

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Damborgson
Interesting 🤔

I like that first one.

Lets discuss.

Sure. With you, however, I would say no 6 month self-ban - because I think that would be cruel on you.

But this is the scenario fight:

Eddie escapes Marvel Earth midway through King in Black #1, after he sees how badly the fight is going.

Gets to DC.

Meets Batman, and they have the usual fight that all team-ups have. After a little scuffle, Venom tells him he's not there to fight, but to warn their universe. Batman believes and agrees with him, rallies the JLA/JSA/whatever, and tells them of the threat. They realise they have 1 year to prep for it.

As Eddie is in another universe, his connection to Knull is cut off - so Knull can't see what's happening in DC.

1 year passes, and Knull himself appears in the Grand Canyon. Batman is waiting, having prepped the battlefield/himself with whatever he needs. Knull is unaware of the plans, but he knows he is going to have to throw hands. He hasn't done any prep himself, however - it is just him. He may be there, he may be in the Batcave.

Batman can't call the GLC, or Superman, or WW etc in, but if he wants to spend that year learning to use a GL ring (for example), onus is on me to prove he can master it well enough to matter.

If I show up with the helm of Nabu (as another example), onus is on me to prove Batman can actually use it. But I can't just have Batman and an entire army of Dr Fates, for example - it's not Fate vs Knull. Basically, no sentients - if it has a mind of its own (Superman/Superboy/Bathound etc) then it's not being used. Tech is fine (this is primarily what he preps with, anyway), and magic is fine, IF I can prove he can use it (so not just the odd backwards spell or whatever, actual fighting with it).

How would Batman stomp here? No one knows how to stop Knull at the moment. Bruce would have knowledge of the symbiotes, but Tony has that very same knowledge. His Extremis tech had little effect on the Grendle Dragon, and we still have yet to see the true Knull. You did state in another thread that Knull had escaped his prison. What book did that happen in? I was under the impression that the true Knull was still subdued on the planet of symbiotes? I think Knull would do to Batman what he did to the Avengers.

NO!

Really, you gotta keep up, man. Knull, the real deal, is on Earth, with 100,000 dragons. The fact that you are referring to the Extremis tech means you have read KiB #2 - so read the synopsis at the very least at the start of the issue.

Stoic
Batman loses guy. He isn't on the level. Tony has a large database on everything symbiote, and he failed to detain a Grendle Dragon for more than 10 minutes. Knull's secondary forces put Dr. Strange out like a light. Knull killed a horde of Celestials. Not sure how well a power ring will help out here? Gorr, a bi-product of Knull survived 3 Thor's. One of them was capable of fighting Galactus and was said to be the most powerful Skyfather ever. Like I get what you're saying, but out of his league is simply out of his league.

DarkSaint85
Batman loses guy. He isn't on the level. Tony has a large database on everything symbiote, and he failed to detain a Grendle Dragon for more than 10 minutes. Knull's secondary forces put Dr. Strange out like a light. Knull killed a horde of Celestials. Not sure how well a power ring will help out here? Gorr, a bi-product of Knull survived 3 Thor's. One of them was capable of fighting Galactus and was said to be the most powerful Skyfather ever. Like I get what you're saying, but out of his league is simply out of his league.

Cool.

As I said before, keeping my powder dry, so not saying too much - but people are really not imaginative enough.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Batman loses guy. He isn't on the level. Tony has a large database on everything symbiote, and he failed to detain a Grendle Dragon for more than 10 minutes. Knull's secondary forces put Dr. Strange out like a light. Knull killed a horde of Celestials. Not sure how well a power ring will help out here? Gorr, a bi-product of Knull survived 3 Thor's. One of them was capable of fighting Galactus and was said to be the most powerful Skyfather ever. Like I get what you're saying, but out of his league is simply out of his league. Exactly. Like I said, saint is extremely ignorant on marvel characters, He refuses to use common sense.

DarkSaint85
Face me, Albert, if you aren't too scared. 6 months self-ban. Should be easy, right?

AlbertoJohnAvil

DarkSaint85
Lmao except you went into that BZ KNOWING Flash had a massive speed advantage - which makes you kinda silly, tbh.

But yeah, a mere human like Batman against one of the biggest threats the Marvel U has seen, who rips Sentry in half and throws down mano-a-mano with the Silver Surfer - surely you cannot fail to win?

Or can you?

AlbertoJohnAvil

DarkSaint85
You mean a spite match against you, you mean.

It's hilarious how you think there is no possible way Batman with 1 year of prep can ever win against Knull. You can let me educate you once more.

Stoic
Cool.

As I said before, keeping my powder dry, so not saying too much - but people are really not imaginative enough.

Wait, you're going to imagine Batman beating a Celestial stomping, Primordian Elder God slaying creature that was ancient before Galactus was ever born all by himself? Reed Richards, Black Panther, Tony Stark,and Peter Parker have no idea where to begin, while it is Dylan (Eddies son) that may be able to turn the tide due to his unique abilities. Abilities that Batman does not possess.

Cryofoam, shock nades, and gas pellets are not going to work. This is not Bane. Even Kang a time traveling super strategic genius is clueless. Knull only has to hit Batman once, or get a tiny drop of symbiote on his skin to find himself in deep water. I better go back and read the OP in case I missed something.

Stoic
You mean a spite match against you, you mean.

It's hilarious how you think there is no possible way Batman with 1 year of prep can ever win against Knull. You can let me educate you once more.

Yes, that is something that I'll certainly be paying attention to. There are times when no amount of time will help win a war. This is like a battle between a guy on a camel with a sling shot vs a fleet of F-16 fighter jets.

DarkSaint85
Wait, you're going to imagine Batman beating a Celestial stomping, Primordian Elder God slaying creature that was ancient before Galactus was ever born all by himself? Reed Richards, Black Panther, Tony Stark,and Peter Parker have no idea where to begin, while it is Dylan (Eddies son) that may be able to turn the tide due to his unique abilities. Abilities that Batman does not possess.

Cryofoam, shock nades, and gas pellets are not going to work. This is not Bane. Even Kang a time traveling super strategic genius is clueless. Knull only has to hit Batman once, or get a tiny drop of symbiote on his skin to find himself in deep water. I better go back and read the OP in case I missed something.

thumb up

Also, people are REALLY not thinking big enough. Foam?? Gas?? This isn't Cap America he is fighting, lmao.

Anyway, just a small snippet of what may be:
https://i.postimg.cc/RNMsrS5f/Batman-Secret-Files-1-1.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/CR5c1cKx/RCO004-1609168993.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/SJDZkBkP/RCO022-1497489157.jpg

Not saying this IS what I would be using, but just so people understand, they are thinking way WAY too small.

Diesldude

Diesldude

DarkSaint85
Yes, that is something that I'll certainly be paying attention to. There are times when no amount of time will help win a war. This is like a battle between a guy on a camel with a sling shot vs a fleet of F-16 fighter jets.

Indeed.

Yet, he seems unwilling to take on poor little ole me.

https://i.postimg.cc/fTQ81KvK/RCO007-1468922489.jpg

It's not who you debate with, but HOW you debate with them, that wins BZs.

Bentley
Kang probably keeps Knull as his pet in an alternate reality

DarkSaint85
thumb up

Also, people are REALLY not thinking big enough. Foam?? Gas?? This isn't Cap America he is fighting, lmao.

Anyway, just a small snippet of what may be:
https://i.postimg.cc/RNMsrS5f/Batman-Secret-Files-1-1.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/CR5c1cKx/RCO004-1609168993.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/SJDZkBkP/RCO022-1497489157.jpg

Not saying this IS what I would be using, but just so people understand, they are thinking way WAY too small.

Just realized, these three scans are from the past twoish years alone lmao, let alone the entirety of his (Post) Crisis history.

Let alone the ENTIRETY of his history.

Enzeru

Just realized, these three scans are from the past twoish years alone lmao, let alone the entirety of his (Post) Crisis history.

Let alone the ENTIRETY of his history.

None of those three things you've posted would matter against Knull. Doctor Doom has time machines and nukes, which can destroy planets in his basement. And you don't see him taking care of business with a little bit of prep-time. Neither does Doctor Strange, who has outsmarted every god and their mom.

What you're doing right now is the same as if I challenged you to a fight between Iron Man with 1 day of prep and the Presence:
"Ey yo, check this out, bro! Iron Man goes to Doctor Strange and gets himself a sweet, sweet super speed amp. And then he goes to Mister Fantastic, borrows the Ultimate Nullifier and punches the Presence in the dick! And since the Presence doesn't have super speed, he'll never see it coming. Get wrecked, bro. See you in 6 months! I have spoken and this is the way, you little troll biatch!"

You and the other DC fanboys are underselling Knull to a painful degree purely based on semantics. Some of the fanboys believe that Flash beats Knull. It's like... wat? Simply being fast is not enough to beat a being like Knull. That guy has killed Celestials. They're all beyond such simple concepts like speed. You see them fight regularly, but this is what actually goes on behind the scenes:
https://i.imgur.com/GBmK09B.png

It's just that it doesn't make sense to focus on these aspects in absolutely every single comic you write and draw. Fact is that Knull is pretty damn high up on the food chain. And Batman having the powers of a Kryptonian would do nothing for him. Knull killing the unkillable Sentry should speak volumes for his power level. And I'm not merely talking about ripping him apart. Sentry has been killed like that before. But now he doesn't seem to be able to regenerate any longer, since his abilities have been seemingly overwritten by a more powerful entity.

Adam Grimes
The same Void that couldn't finish BRB lol

Philosophía
Seems nobody want to take Batman against Marvel's current big bad?
Weird.

DR. Greenthumb
I think Knull takes this rather easy honestly.

carver9
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
The same Void that couldn't finish BRB lol

This is like me saying "the same Superman who couldn't finish Damage, Kalibak, Mongul". See what I did there? There more.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Enzeru
None of those three things you've posted would matter against Knull. Doctor Doom has time machines and nukes, which can destroy planets in his basement. And you don't see him taking care of business with a little bit of prep-time. Neither does Doctor Strange, who has outsmarted every god and their mom.

What you're doing right now is the same as if I challenged you to a fight between Iron Man with 1 day of prep and the Presence:
"Ey yo, check this out, bro! Iron Man goes to Doctor Strange and gets himself a sweet, sweet super speed amp. And then he goes to Mister Fantastic, borrows the Ultimate Nullifier and punches the Presence in the dick! And since the Presence doesn't have super speed, he'll never see it coming. Get wrecked, bro. See you in 6 months! I have spoken and this is the way, you little troll biatch!"

You and the other DC fanboys are underselling Knull to a painful degree purely based on semantics. Some of the fanboys believe that Flash beats Knull. It's like... wat? Simply being fast is not enough to beat a being like Knull. That guy has killed Celestials. They're all beyond such simple concepts like speed. You see them fight regularly, but this is what actually goes on behind the scenes:

It's just that it doesn't make sense to focus on these aspects in absolutely every single comic you write and draw. Fact is that Knull is pretty damn high up on the food chain. And Batman having the powers of a Kryptonian would do nothing for him. Knull killing the unkillable Sentry should speak volumes for his power level. And I'm not merely talking about ripping him apart. Sentry has been killed like that before. But now he doesn't seem to be able to regenerate any longer, since his abilities have been seemingly overwritten by a more powerful entity.

Which is why I said I wasn't necessarily using them.

I posted them to remind people it's not just smoke grenades and gas pellets in Batman's arsenal.

But thanks for the essay

DarkSaint85

I think you misunderstood the point of my scans.

Cryofoam, shock nades, and gas pellets are not going to work. This is not Bane.

This is the point I was addressing. Really, imagine it is your most hated rival on the forums, abhi, making these points - would you not want to reply to them?

Calling me a DC fanboy is pretty rich, though. I have done nothing but been polite to you, even going as far as to seek your knowledge out actively. But hey, fly off the handle if you want, lol.

Enzeru

I think you misunderstood the point of my scans.

I understood them. I was just having something else in mind, when I wrote my reply. More on that below.

This is the point I was addressing. Really, imagine it is your most hated rival on the forums, abhi, making these points - would you not want to reply to them?

A rival usually challenges you: Goku VS Vegeta, Dante VS Vergil, Stipe Miocic VS Daniel Cormier, Ash Ketchum VS Gary Oak.
I barely acknowledge that dummies existence.

Calling me a DC fanboy is pretty rich, though. I have done nothing but been polite to you, even going as far as to seek your knowledge out actively. But hey, fly off the handle if you want, lol.

Nah man, I apologize. I don't consider you a DC fanboy. I consider you one of the actually cool people around here, who try to have some serious discussions about comics.

I was more annoyed by your attempt to make a thing out of Batman beating someone like Knull. And I'm not even saying that Batman can't do that. Batman probably can beat someone like Knull thanks to all the random stuff writers have come up with over the decades.
I just think that's the worst possible way to a) write comics and b) especially argue comic book fights. Because at that point you're throwing around Deus Ex Machinas. You're being that annoying kid on the playground, whose action figure develops anti-your-action-figure-blasts, so that he wins.
Prep is horrible. With prep John Constantine can set up seals, which prevent God from entering rooms. With prep it doesn't even matter, who participates in a fight. Take Batman out, put my favorite DC boy Red Hood in, give him an Ultimate Nullifier mini-gun and he'll beat everyone too. It's boring.

DarkSaint85
thumb up fair enough. And you are right, anyone with prep could do whatever they wanted - I didn't actually expect anyone to seriously take me up on it.

And then Albert appeared.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I understood them. I was just having something else in mind, when I wrote my reply. More on that below.

A rival usually challenges you: Goku VS Vegeta, Dante VS Vergil, Stipe Miocic VS Daniel Cormier, Ash Ketchum VS Gary Oak.

Nah man, I apologize. I don't consider you a DC fanboy. I consider you one of the actually cool people around here, who try to have some serious discussions about comics.

I was more annoyed by your attempt to make a thing out of Batman beating someone like Knull. And I'm not even saying that Batman can't do that. Batman probably can beat someone like Knull thanks to all the random stuff writers have come up with over the decades.
I just think that's the worst possible way to a) write comics and b) especially argue comic book fights. Because at that point you're throwing around Deus Ex Machinas. You're being that annoying kid on the playground, whose action figure develops anti-your-action-figure-blasts, so that he wins.
Prep is horrible. With prep John Constantine can set up seals, which prevent God from entering rooms. With prep it doesn't even matter, who participates in a fight. Take Batman out, put my favorite DC boy Red Hood in, give him an Ultimate Nullifier mini-gun and he'll beat everyone too. It's boring.

Saint likes to use Bats with prep alot, he'll hate it if somebody decides to use Bruce with prep against him in a bz

DarkSaint85
Well....that's what this thread was for.

I then issued a BZ challenge.

Not my fault you fell into the trap, lol.

You were the only one who thought it was spite against Batman. Or are you flip flopping now? Lmao.

Bentley

I'm just glad this thread essentially came to "Batman is a terribly written character and people should be mad of actually respecting what's written in his comics"

Adam Grimes
Well, pardon Enzeru. He's probably being taken over by the Void again or something.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.