Superboy Prime vs Celestials

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
SBP takes on the entire celestials race

who wins

Diesldude

Stoic
All of what reality Diesldude? Alternate realities fabricated by the guy getting his skull split? What did Perpetua actually do? I saw a comic that showed Thanos wipe out everything with ease, while on the other hand the Darkest Knight was force feeding Perpetua planets. Compare casually wiping out everything to what was shown in those fights.

I recall a fight that looked an awful lot like the Darkest Knight vs Perpetua fight. Galactus vs the Inbetweener was just about on that level in terms of destruction.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Stoic
All of what reality Diesldude? Alternate realities fabricated by the guy getting his skull split? What did Perpetua actually do? I saw a comic that showed Thanos wipe out everything with ease, while on the other hand the Darkest Knight was force feeding Perpetua planets. Compare casually wiping out everything to what was shown in those fights.

I recall a fight that looked an awful lot like the Darkest Knight vs Perpetua fight. Galactus vs the Inbetweener was just about on that level in terms of destruction.

No, it wasn't DK's realities, it was the 'normal' realities.

https://i.postimg.cc/WpwNJ9tF/RCO008-1603799918.jpg

We, the readers, saw it as two guys throwing planets at each other. But in the comics, what was actually happening was it was raging across every reality at once.

Diesldude

carver9
1 Celestial is enough.

xJLxKing
Considering celestial are weak. One just got killed by sentry just flying through them lmao

TheHulkster
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Considering celestial are weak. One just got killed by sentry just flying through them lmao

That Celestial is already dead and it's body is being controlled by Knull.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by TheHulkster

Ah, so the Celestials as controlled by Knull are not that powerful?

TheHulkster
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Ah, so the Celestials as controlled by Knull are not that powerful?

The Celestial is already dead. You can't kill something that is already dead. Plus, all Sentry does is fly through the back of it to get to Knull who is inside. There is no other effect on it.

And isn't it against the rules to judge a controlled character?

BMWL is weak because SBP kills him with a punch.

DarkSaint85
The Celestial is already dead. You can't kill something that is already dead. Plus, all Sentry does is fly through the back of it to get to Knull who is inside. There is no other effect on it.

*shrug* am merely asking a simple question - sounds like a 'yes', though! We can move on, thanks thumb up

TheHulkster
*shrug* am merely asking a simple question - sounds like a 'yes', though! We can move on, thanks thumb up

Sounds like you're wrong. But let's do move on.

DarkSaint85
Sounds like you're wrong. But let's do move on.
Well I asked a simple question. Yes or no?

Forum rules are there as we generally see mind controlled characters as below their normal selves.

xJLxKing

BMWL is weak because SBP kills him with a punch.

Is the celestial dead?

Bentley
You can't kill something that is already dead.

Maybe you can't but I wouldn't put it beyond Prime

TheHulkster
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Is the celestial dead?

Appears that way with the forehead hollowed out and all, but if not, does Sentry kill it?

xJLxKing

Diesldude
Appears that way with the forehead hollowed out and all, but if not, does Sentry kill it? I think you were right the first time. The celestial was already dead and being animated by knull.

carver9
When does Sentry fts transfer over to Prime though? Just because Sentry did something doesnt mean that Prime could do it. Doesn't work like that.

xJLxKing
Lmao

MrMind
sbp doesn't have celestials to bash

but he did bust through anti-monitor

carver9
A weakened near dead AM.

Enzeru
Knull has killed Celestials in the past. The three he came to Earth with were alive and controlled by him. So Sentry did kill a living Celestial.

I'm more curious what's the case: The Celestial not being at the peak of its power due to Knulls control, or the Celestial being even more powerful due to the enhancement of the Symbiotes. Or do these two things cancel each other out? No clue. I'd argue that Symbiote hosts get stronger, but those hosts are usually not cosmic entities on the level of Celestials. Symbiotes are maybe too simple-minded to utilize the power of a Celestial fully. Or does that happen automatically and the Celestials at that point and evil and enhanced?
So many questions, so little answers.

TheHulkster
So are we officially giving Sentry a Celestial killing feat?

Enzeru

Of course we are.

Have you paid attention to how Sentry is always introduced in comics and outside of comics? When Marvel introduces Thor, they refer to him as the God of Thunder. When they introduce the Sentry, they refer to him as the most powerful superhero in existence. And that carries over from one writer to another. So it's just fitting to have the Sentry kill a cosmic entity every now and then.

victreebelvictr
Why did Celestials suck all of a sudden?

Philosophía
Prime.

carver9
Originally posted by Enzeru
Of course we are.

Have you paid attention to how Sentry is always introduced in comics and outside of comics? When Marvel introduces Thor, they refer to him as the God of Thunder. When they introduce the Sentry, they refer to him as the most powerful superhero in existence. And that carries over from one writer to another. So it's just fitting to have the Sentry kill a cosmic entity every now and then.

They also referred to Sentry as the God of light.

DR. Greenthumb
Was the SBP feat in dark knight metal an illusion? or was it the real deal?

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DR. Greenthumb

Unclear atm. Could be either way, let's wait and see.

Magnon
A weakened near dead Celestial.

DarkSaint85

Nah, Magnon, the Celestial is already dead.

Adam Grimes
And hollow

abhilegend
Originally posted by DR. Greenthumb
How was it an illusion?Originally posted by carver9
They also referred to Sentry as the God of light.
Balder is also God of Light.

Adam Grimes
Now titles suddenly mean something.

Enzeru

DarkSaint85

AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud aye saint we can do a meta or herald bz whenever you want buddy. Let me know. I offered abhi but we all know he's terrified. shows how much fear i put in you dudes

https://i.postimg.cc/xJJ1y932/200.gif

Adam Grimes
Amped lol.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
laughing out loud aye saint we can do a meta or herald bz whenever you want buddy. Let me know. I offered abhi but we all know he's terrified. shows how much fear i put in you dudes

https://i.postimg.cc/xJJ1y932/200.gif

I'm still awaiting the Batman vs Knull BZ challenge I gave, which you then said I had no chance of winning (which means that you have already thought about it). 6 months self-banning. Stop dancing around.

If you want I can do Superman with prep vs Knull, lol.

Enzeru

You are really missing the point, lmao.

Am I missing the point though?

You asked someone, if the Celestials in "King in Black" are dead. You were told 'yes', which is a misinformation. One of the arguments was that the Celestials head was hollowed out. And then you went with the "yes", which would have left you misinformed.
I just tried to clarify everything, by stating that the three Celestials in "King in Black" were not dead. And that one of them is dead now, because it got killed by the Sentry.

And on the topic of hollowed out head. Celestial heads are always hollowed out:
https://i.imgur.com/vh7JvJl.jpg

That's one of the Celestials Knull killed. Their bodies are... weird hollow suits of armor, which contain cosmic energies (as seen, when Thor entered the head of a Celestial):
https://i.imgur.com/0IVkvio.jpg

And I say weird suits or armor, because parts of the armor do seem to contain Celestial organs, which they do seem to need to live:
https://i.imgur.com/fBV0Kb2.jpg

My perception of the entire topic is that we had three Celestials corrupted by Knulls symbiotes. They were still alive and kicking, but they were under Knulls influence. Sentry then killed one of those Celestials, by flying through its cosmic brain. And just like I've written it in another thread... Stuff goes on behind the scenes, when such characters fight. I don't know if Hulk can kill a Celestial by managing to jump through its head. That would be purely physical. Or if you do need to have some sort of impact on reality, which allows characters like Sentry and Knull to impose their will on Celestials and kill them.

And all of that leads us back to the topic: Can Superboy-Prime kill ONE Celestials. The entire race would be laughable, because there are Celestials, which would snap him (and Sentry) out of existence. But even the weakest Celestials are well above Skyfathers. And Superboy-Prime would absolutely need an inherent ability to impose his will on reality more than Celestials can.

For the longest time I've argued that Sentry isn't a +Skyfather level being. I always had him at the top of the Trans tier level, even above Thanos. But nowdays... God damn, the golden boy is making me second guess myself.

Sorry for the essay. I can imagine you don't like them.

Well, that's what symbiotes usually do to their hosts.

DarkSaint85

You asked someone, if the Celestials in "King in Black" are dead. You were told 'yes', which is a misinformation. One of the arguments was that the Celestials head was hollowed out. And then you went with the "yes", which would have left you misinformed.
I just tried to clarify everything, by stating that the three Celestials in "King in Black" were not dead. And that one of them is dead now, because it got killed by the Sentry.

That's one of the Celestials Knull killed. Their bodies are... weird hollow suits of armor, which contain cosmic energies (as seen, when Thor entered the head of a Celestial):

And I say weird suits or armor, because parts of the armor do seem to contain Celestial organs, which they do seem to need to live:

My perception of the entire topic is that we had three Celestials corrupted by Knulls symbiotes. They were still alive and kicking, but they were under Knulls influence. Sentry then killed one of those Celestials, by flying through its cosmic brain. And just like I've written it in another thread... Stuff goes on behind the scenes, when such characters fight. I don't know if Hulk can kill a Celestial by managing to jump through its head. That would be purely physical. Or if you do need to have some sort of impact on reality, which allows characters like Sentry and Knull to impose their will on Celestials and kill them.

And all of that leads us back to the topic: Can Superboy-Prime kill ONE Celestials. The entire race would be laughable, because there are Celestials, which would snap him (and Sentry) out of existence. But even the weakest Celestials are well above Skyfathers. And Superboy-Prime would absolutely need an inherent ability to impose his will on reality more than Celestials can.

For the longest time I've argued that Sentry isn't a +Skyfather level being. I always had him at the top of the Trans tier level, even above Thanos. But nowdays... God damn, the golden boy is making me second guess myself.

I completely understand.

But Hulkster really likes to flipflop. And I am poking fun at his mistakes - again, if we imagine abhi (as an example completely off the top of my head) making these mistakes and misinforming, imagine how YOU would love to point it out, no?

So I am doing the same. The essay wasn't needed, because I was merely poking gentle fun (which this site is meant to be, fun) at Hulkster.

TheHulkster
You are really missing the point, lmao.

THAT is why I said it was dead. Because a mere page later:

Same guy says the Celestials were alive for Sentry to kill.

Don't jump into things without getting the context.

LOL! It's easy to see why no one got your context being that such context is not there. I never said the Celestial is alive. I asked whether the board is willing to give Sentry such a feat under that premise. You know that you are the king of fabricating what people say.

DarkSaint85
Ah so the Celestial is already dead.

Enzeru, looks like the misinformation is still occuring.

TheHulkster

Darksaint has poor understanding of what posts are saying and often sees context where context doesn't exist. He tends to project his tendency to flip flop onto other people. He had expressed no opinion on whether the Celestial is dead or alive until the idea of giving Sentry such a feat was posited.

xJLxKing

xJLxKing

BMWL is weak because SBP kills him with a punch. Originally posted by Enzeru
Knull has killed Celestials in the past. The three he came to Earth with were alive and controlled by him. So Sentry did kill a living Celestial.

I'm more curious what's the case: The Celestial not being at the peak of its power due to Knulls control, or the Celestial being even more powerful due to the enhancement of the Symbiotes. Or do these two things cancel each other out? No clue. I'd argue that Symbiote hosts get stronger, but those hosts are usually not cosmic entities on the level of Celestials. Symbiotes are maybe too simple-minded to utilize the power of a Celestial fully. Or does that happen automatically and the Celestials at that point and evil and enhanced?
So many questions, so little answers.

See how two people said different things

TheHulkster

Magnon
Nah, Magnon, the Celestial is already dead.
Ah yes, that's right. Dead Celestials aren't that impressive. IIRC, Magneto was able to manipulate one as well.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Magnon
Ah yes, that's right. Dead Celestials aren't that impressive. IIRC, Magneto was able to manipulate one as well.

So why did he call me by your handle? What point was he trying to make?

DarkSaint85
Darksaint has poor understanding of what posts are saying and often sees context where context doesn't exist. He tends to project his tendency to flip flop onto other people. He had expressed no opinion on whether the Celestial is dead or alive until the idea of giving Sentry such a feat was posited.

I expressed an opinion on whether the Celestial was dead/alive?

Because YOU told me it was dead when Sentry flew through him.

Then a page later, asked if we give Sentry a Celestial killing feat.

Surely it cannot be an opinion when the main source that had replied to ME (i.e. you) explicitly said twice that the Celestial was already dead.

So why ask?

TheHulkster
I expressed an opinion on whether the Celestial was dead/alive?

Because YOU told me it was dead when Sentry flew through him.

Then a page later, asked if we give Sentry a Celestial killing feat.

Surely it cannot be an opinion when the main source that had replied to ME (i.e. you) explicitly said twice that the Celestial was already dead.

So why ask?

It's called playing devil's advocate. It's what you attempt to do so often when you spend two months pleading for someone to answer one of your questions. You attempt to turn someone's views against them.

Enzeru is cool with giving Sentry the feat, but the DC fans who would seek to lowball the Celestials are not that willing.

Enzeru gives a lot of evidence though and his point on how symbiotes power up their hosts is interesting. I'll take a closer look.

carver9

This is sooooooooo true. This is the main reason I blocked him. This style of debate is borderline childish and ridiculous.

DarkSaint85
https://i.postimg.cc/ZnW9Tmb3/snip.jpg

Diesldude
laughing out loud this post always makes me laugh. It should be the last post in every thread that the mods close.

Diesldude

One thing at a time' first can you show us where DS Flip Flops? Did you just say this because he showed everyone where you flip flop and since you couldn't come up with a better response you just copied his and flung it back at him.

celeyhyga17
Imo they werent dead when Knull had them knullified. Doesnt really matter if they were alive or dead. I believe Cates was simply portraying them as high level cosmics under his thrall. Their power is still there. It lets Cates have a muscle flex moment for Knull. The message was heard.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Imo they werent dead when Knull had them knullified. Doesnt really matter if they were alive or dead. I believe Cates was simply portraying them as high level cosmics under his thrall. Their power is still there. It lets Cates have a muscle flex moment for Knull. The message was heard.

thumb up they're powerful no matter what,imo.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Diesldude
One thing at a time' first can you show us where DS Flip Flops? Did you just say this because he showed everyone where you flip flop and since you couldn't come up with a better response you just copied his and flung it back at him.

First things first. Can you show where he showed everyone where I flip flop?

Adam Grimes
thumb up they're powerful no matter what,imo. Ok, but how powerful do you think they are/were?

TheHulkster
thumb up they're powerful no matter what,imo.

So either way, is it a Celestial busting feat for Sentry?

carver9
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Ok, but how powerful do you think they are/were?

Why did Knull bring them to the Battlefield.

DarkSaint85
So either way, is it a Celestial busting feat for Sentry?

Well....yes.

The comic quite clearly shows Sentry flying through one....busting a hole in its head.

Diesldude

TheHulkster
Well....yes.

The comic quite clearly shows Sentry flying through one....busting a hole in its head.

Let me reiterate. A feat of taking a Celestial out.

Old Man Whirly!
Ok, but how powerful do you think they are/were? The problem I have with the Celestials these days is they like Galactus have consistently been depowered. Do I think Sentry could beat a Celestial, it certainly isn't out of the question. He, probably more than any other character except Superman or Goku, is the quintessential plot device. He simply has been written to do whatever a plot needs more often than most.

TheHulkster
Ok, but how powerful do you think they are/were?

If I may, there are two conflicting aspects to this. One is the accepted notion here that controlled beings are less formidable than normal, and the established point that symbiotes enhance their hosts. So It's possible that the two aspects cancel each other out

Old Man Whirly!
If I may, there are two conflicting aspects to this. One is the accepted notion here that controlled beings are less formidable than normal, and the established point that symbiotes enhance their hosts. So It's possible that the two aspects cancel each other. I think it depends who controls them, when Aquaman controls a fish it becomes super fish, I suspect a symbiote controlled character is generally the same. The problem is the celestials when written well are magnitudes of power levels about symbiotes.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by carver9
Why did Knull bring them to the Battlefield. I asked for an answer.
If I may, there are two conflicting aspects to this. One is the accepted notion here that controlled beings are less formidable than normal, and the established point that symbiotes enhance their hosts. So It's possible that the two aspects cancel each other out Yeah, but there are two problems with this notion.

1. We don't really know the power of the subjects in question.
2. The amp symbiotes produce should be roughly equal to the fall off produced by this circumstances, which is unverifiable at the moment.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
The problem I have with the Celestials these days is they like Galactus have consistently been depowered. Do I think Sentry could beat a Celestial, it certainly isn't out of the question. He, probably more than any other character except Superman or Goku, is the quintessential plot device. He simply has been written to do whatever a plot needs more often than most. Well, in my opinion beating a proper Celestial(with actual showings to scale off of) so casually would be quite a step up from what Sentry has done so far, even in his most crazy days. I'm naturally hesitant to give this to him fully.

Old Man Whirly!
Well, in my opinion beating a proper Celestial(with actual showings to scale off of) so casually would be quite a step up from what Sentry has done so far, even in his most crazy days. I'm naturally hesitant to give this to him fully. Even more than beating Molecule Man or coming back from being killed and erased from the timeline? Those are insane feats. Almost Superboy Prime level!

Adam Grimes
Even more than beating Molecule Man or coming back from being killed and erased from the timeline? Those are insane feats. Almost Superboy Prime level! Well, that's a weird showing. MM was mentally unstable and that apparently affected his performance but yeah, he was still a reality warper at the end of the day. Sentry has never used Matter Manipulation again though, so I consider that showing a big outlier.

Old Man Whirly!
Well, that's a weird showing. MM was mentally unstable and that apparently affected his performance but yeah, he was still a reality warper at the end of the day. Sentry has never used Matter Manipulation again though, so I consider that showing a big outlier. What about when Morgana Le Fay erased him from the timeline and he just reappeared?

Adam Grimes
What about when Morgana Le Fay erased him from the timeline and he just reappeared? That was in the same arc under the same writer iirc.

Old Man Whirly!
That was in the same arc under the same writer iirc. Yes, they were both Bendis. But, that doesn't alter the fact they happened or at times he has smashed every herald from Thor and Beta Ray Bill to Terrax as if they are simply nothing. I mean his heat vision incinerated Nova Prime with a many angled one inside him and those guys are Lovecraftian Gods.

h1a8
I guess Marvel didn't like where Bendis was taking Sentry. So they probably had later writers write him back down to Trans level. Sentry is one of the most inconsistent characters of all time. Even iron man once busted his nose.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by h1a8
I guess Marvel didn't like where Bendis was taking Sentry. So they probably had later writers write him back down to Trans level. Sentry is one of the most inconsistent characters of all time. Even iron man once busted his nose. Yeah because that never happens with the likes of Superman or Flash, basically every character to a certain degree.

Adam Grimes
Yes, they were both Bendis. But, that doesn't alter the fact they happened or at times he has smashed every herald from Thor and Beta Ray Bill to Terrax as if they are simply nothing. I mean his heat vision incinerated Nova Prime with a many angled one inside him and those guys are Lovecraftian Gods. Even in Scourge the Void couldn't ko or decidedly put down Bill. Or break Susan's planetary shield, even with the aid of the whole Cancerverse.

Old Man Whirly!
Even in Scourge the Void couldn't ko or decidedly put down Bill. Or break Susan's planetary shield, even with the aid of the whole Cancerverse. Going to disagree, Susan says she can't keep the sentry out long and bill knows he can't beat him because basically bill is getting pummelled so he gives up stormbreaker to knock him through the rift.

TheHulkster
Well, that's a weird showing. MM was mentally unstable and that apparently affected his performance but yeah, he was still a reality warper at the end of the day. Sentry has never used Matter Manipulation again though, so I consider that showing a big outlier.

He flat out reality warps an entire town in Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda a little over a year ago.

Booya_69

TheHulkster

TheHulkster
He flat out reality warps an entire town in Black Panther and the Agents of Wakanda a little over a year ago.

https://ibb.co/9HygL46

carver9
Sentry would rip Prime apart but in regards to this thread, the Celestials destroys here.

Adam Grimes
He couldn't even rip apart weak Hulk lol.

h1a8
Sentry would rip Prime apart but in regards to this thread, the Celestials destroys here.

Based off what strength feats do you see Sentry ripping Prime apart?

Diesldude

carver9
He couldn't even rip apart weak Hulk lol.

The same Hulk that Pak said it would take cosmic to beat? Gotcha.

Adam Grimes
Yeah, because it has worked so well every time you tried to bring that up in the past lol.

DarkSaint85
Mmmmmm interviews, so sexy

carver9
Yeah, because it has worked so well every time you tried to bring that up in the past lol.

The only thing I can do is try to educate you. Its up to you to accept it or not.

DeadpoolXXX
what he's saying is- who gives a shit about an interview?

DarkSaint85
The only thing I can do is try to educate you. Its up to you to accept it or not.

Not really.

It's up to forum rules.

Which say no, we don't accept it.

carver9
Not just an interview. In the comic Sentry was described as being = Galactus. The same Sentry Hulk defeated.

DarkSaint85
Not just an interview. In the comic Sentry was described as being = Galactus. The same Sentry Hulk defeated.

Ah gotcha

My Constantine arguements will once more be dusted off.

In comics, John is described as existing in reality.

Same writers also say they've met him IRL.

Hence, John is a real person.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.