Is canon setting up an Heir to the Empire adaption??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
Given the revelation in Mandalorian S2 that Thrawn is still a major player (and Ahsoka is looking for him) and Luke was very much active in galactic affairs at the time, do you think its possible that Disney might be setting up for a live action version of Heir to the Empire?

The Merchant
Mix of Heir and the Vong stuff. Imo Thrawn won't be the final villain but instead he will team up with the heroes to take down the Grysk.

Galan007
Agree. thumb up

We know that as of the Rebels finale/ANH, an all-out war between the Chiss and Grysk in the Unknown Regions was imminent... And I still think that Thrawn's underlying plan was to leave the Empire(without treasonously defecting) in order to help his people fight the Grysk, and likely recruited Ezra to his cause after explaining the situation to him(ie. if the Grysk weren't stopped, they would enslave the entire galaxy.) So I wouldn't be surprised if that's what Thrawn and Ezra have been up to in the ~9-10 years between the Rebels finale and The Mandalorian S02 finale.

So yeah, I think it would be awesome to see how the Grysk war plays out... Be it in live action, or a novel. Either way, Thrawn likely wouldn't be playing the villain role at all, so in that respect it would likely deviate from Heir quite a bit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.