Who actually uses the force in battle?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Eli Vanto
I've noticed that in canon (and even Legends) a lot of force users tend to forget that they can use actual force powers beyond just wielding a saber.

So my question is- what Jedi and Sith actually use offense based force abilities the most in battle against their opponents?

victreebelvictr
It takes a bit of time to call on the force mid lightsaber duel, so force users don't call upon it if their opponent (s) is/are too close.

Now, in general, there are many displays of the force in battle. I don't see why you think there isn't. erm

Galan007
Are you asking who uses offensive Force abilities the MOST in battle?

In canon the Sith would probably be Vader or Dooku.

As for Jedi, I'm not sure... Though I might be inclined to go with RotJ-era(+) Luke at this point. Pretty sure the guy has abused TK in every canon appearance so far.

Darthadi
Against other force sensitives in many cases they don't use the force because they can't.
Against non force sensitives it's either PIS or because morals.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darthadi
Against other force sensitives in many cases they don't use the force because they can't.
Against non force sensitives it's either PIS or because morals.

Basically this.

relentless1
lightsaber duelists are CONSTANTLY displaying Force usage in battle

Maul
Dooku
Vader
Sidious
Obi Wan
Yoda
Ashoka
Assajj

all off the top of my head have used some variant of Force push, choke, object throw etc during battle at some point

Tzeentch
It's mostly just laziness on the part of the writers. Even when Force users do use it while in combat they use it really weird way, which is to say that it's like this big dramatic event where they essentially stop lightsaber fighting to throw big objects at each other or shoot lightning.

In reality a lightsaber duel would involve both combatants being surrounded by a whirlwind of shit- essentially anything that's not tied down to the floor- dirt/sand, kitchen knives, broken glass, TV remotes etc- would be hurtling through the air at bullet velocities as each person tries to get an edge over the other. And this would be happening WHILE they were sword fighting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.