If you drank a bottle of beer a day...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
how long would it take you to get severe liver damage?

I'm talking at least one every SINGLE day, not cans, but bottles, let's say Rolling Rock, which is my current favorite.

Robtard
If you have a healthy liver, you body should be able to process the alcohol in a single beer each day without too much worry.

You liver will take some damage of course compared to not drinking at all, but it should be very minimal.

Jmanghan
Oh I'm talking a hypothetical where a person drinks a beer every day from age 21 and up until they reach the point of severe liver damage.

Or are you saying a single beer probably won't do enough damage to hurt them severely in their life-time?

Statistics I've read say you should only have like 3-4 beers a week to stay out of the danger zone.

Scribble
I don't think a single beer a day would do that much damage, or the chances are low, anyway. Some scientific studies have suggested that a glass of wine a day can be healthy. Although others have proven otherwise, so who knows.

I think drinking a beer a day consistently would likely end up putting weight on you and changing your skin somewhat, as alcohol does that, but the felt effects wouldn't be all that awful.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Scribble
I don't think a single beer a day would do that much damage, or the chances are low, anyway. Some scientific studies have suggested that a glass of wine a day can be healthy. Although others have proven otherwise, so who knows.

I think drinking a beer a day consistently would likely end up putting weight on you and changing your skin somewhat, as alcohol does that, but the felt effects wouldn't be all that awful. But a single beer every single day for your entire life? You don't think that would catch up to you after a few years to a decade?

Scribble
Originally posted by Jmanghan
But a single beer every single day for your entire life? You don't think that would catch up to you after a few years to a decade? As you got older, maybe, but if you had a good metabolism and you counted the beer into your calorie intake for the day, it would take quite a while.

It would be very dependent on the person, I guess

Jmanghan
Yeah there are a lot of variables that go into it, I just find myself thinking about stuff like this.

Nuke Nixon
Beer is nasty. Drink Rum or Vodka, nice little buzz with a fraction of the liquid consumed.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
Beer is nasty. Drink Rum or Vodka, nice little buzz with a fraction of the liquid consumed. Hate Rum and Vodka.

Nuke Nixon
Get ya some fruit juice and mixer it up, tastes wunderbar.

Old Man Whirly!
There was a time when weak beer was drunk regularly because people did not have clean water. sort of pre mid 19 Century in Urban areas.

Nuke Nixon
jajaja and the upper crust had wine, ah ye good olden dayes.

Jmanghan
Outside of the buzz, I also enjoy the taste over other alcohols, plus doesn't burn my throat.

Dave_97
Half my family is alcoholics.
It takes longer than you would expect.

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by Nuke Nixon
jajaja and the upper crust had wine, ah ye good olden dayes. thumb up indeed

Jmanghan
wine is awful, beer any day.

Nuke Nixon
Grow a pair and take a shot! Buncha slack Jawed pussays!!

StiltmanFTW
What Rob and Dave said.

The tricky thing would be adhering to the limit. That's just not how this hobby works.

Doloness
**** beer **** the burn **** money **** food **** water **** shelter

Too many chiefs (men) not enough Indians (wo men)

Nuke Nixon
Chiefs and Indians are the same bloody thing you muppet.

You meant Squaws. Nit.

Leslie_6
I think it's individual. because someone has enough to drink for a week and someone drinks all his life every day

Nuke Nixon
100 Sextillion Bottles of Beer on the Wall, 100 Sextillion Bottles of Beer...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.