Which Hyperion is the most powerful one?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StiltmanFTW
All versions allowed --- good, evil, zombies, magical constructs, everything.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Hyperion

You can pick, let's say, top three hypes from that list.

Stoic
Who would you pick Stilt? I mean, all of the Hyperions seemed pretty powerful except for the Supreme Hyperion super clones.

lawest9
king H.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by lawest9
king H. He's actually one of the weaker ones.

Stoic
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
He's actually one of the weaker ones.

How so?

MrMind
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
He's actually one of the weaker ones.

he is def the second strongest one out of the four with appearances

carver9
How is King Hyperion one of the weakest when he fought 2 Hyperions (the only 2 at that time) and was stomping them? He's the most underrated.

leonidas
It's because some of KH's later showings were....not good....

carver9
His later showing IS fighting both Hyperions. Also, it's good seeing you LEO.

MrMind
his later showings are after Exiles, when he entered the main 616 universe

DarkSaint85
Well there's also his showings against 616 characters, which I guess is what people are focusing on.

MrMind
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Well there's also his showings against 616 characters, which I guess is what people are focusing on.

it's def not good, but other than hickman hyperion
the other hyperions have even worse feats
there's that one hyperion who fought the gladiator, the other one who fought the people from ultimate universe, those 2 got even less feats to talk about

not exactly a deep talent pool to select from

carver9
Is that the same Hyperion though? The last King Hype we saw was bold. The one that fought 616 characters had hair.

MrMind
laughing out loud

carver9
Also, King Hype WRECKED Blue Marvel. The only reason Marvel got an advantage was due to sneak attacks and Hype not pressing his attacks after dropping him. Now his fight against Jugs wasn't that great but again, is that the King Hype from Exiles?

DarkSaint85
I can see why Clark Kent was able to fool people for so long.

HumbleServant
Is the Hyperion who fought Gladiator the same Hyperion who helped Thor fight the Beyonders?

MrMind
king hyperion uses rogaine and propecia

what's the point of having godlike power if you are bald, or in carver's case bold

MrMind
Originally posted by HumbleServant
Is the Hyperion who fought Gladiator the same Hyperion who helped Thor fight the Beyonders?

no

MrMind
Originally posted by carver9
Also, King Hype WRECKED Blue Marvel.

laughing out loud

HumbleServant
Originally posted by MrMind
no Who would be stronger?

carver9
Originally posted by MrMind
king hyperion uses rogaine and propecia

what's the point of having godlike power if you are bald, or in carver's case bold

You knew I meant BALD, you mad

Facee
Honorable mention to the Hyperion that killed Wonder Man. He went through some planet, star idk like butter.

leonidas
yeah that hyperion beat the holy hell out of wonderman--or at least badly over-matched him. that was the original squadron sinister hyperion i think.

Facee
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah that hyperion beat the holy hell out of wonderman--or at least badly over-matched him. that was the original squadron sinister hyperion i think.
Not kidding he actually (killed) Wonder Man no expression

Drove him through a planet and into the heart of a star .

leonidas
yeah, that was a beastly showing. thumb up

lawest9
How is King Hyperion one of the weakest when he fought 2 Hyperions (the only 2 at that time) and was stomping them? He's the most underrated.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

StiltmanFTW
Exactly.

I think we can all agree King Hype wasn't weak, but he wasn't some unstoppable monster... he is a great example why non-mainstream events are always suspect on message boards.

S'ym broke alternate adamantium like a toothpick?

Cool, but didn't make even a single dent in 616 adamantium after landing numerous blows.

King Hype beating everyone in his reality?

Cool, but got his ass handed to him when he entered the main universe and faced Blue Marvel or Thunderbolts.

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Exactly.

I think we can all agree King Hype wasn't weak, but he wasn't some unstoppable monster... he is a great example why non-mainstream events are always suspect on message boards.

S'ym broke alternate adamantium like a toothpick?

Cool, but didn't make even a single dent in 616 adamantium after landing numerous blows.

King Hype beating everyone in his reality?

Cool, but got his ass handed to him when he entered the main universe and faced Blue Marvel or Thunderbolts. thumb up

Genii96
The one who pushed back two planets during the Incursions lmo, he was the same guy that caught that high speed moving planet right?

DarkSaint85
He was indeed.

leonidas
yeah by feats that one was likely the most powerful by a pretty fair margin.

StiltmanFTW
Hickman's Hype, you guys are talking about. Think he debuted in Marvel NOW Avengers.

"Hickperion"? vin

He's one of the newest versions and indeed quite impressive feat-wise.

DarkSaint85
Don't forget the Beyonder showing!

MrMind
Let's see supahmannnn fight someone who beat the living tribunal one eye

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Stoic
Who would you pick Stilt?

I mean, all of the Hyperions seemed pretty powerful except for the Supreme Hyperion super clones.

Honestly?

I'm undecided, that's why I've made the thread.

Hyperion which trashed Simon Williams definitely deserves a mention here, too.

Philosophía
Hickman Hyperion , but in terms of story I really liked Supreme Power Hyperion

StiltmanFTW
Or maybe... just maybe... deep inside, on a subconscious level... you liked him because his Nighthawk was black? shifty

Blacked dot com presents: Sophia

Stoic
Also, King Hype WRECKED Blue Marvel. The only reason Marvel got an advantage was due to sneak attacks and Hype not pressing his attacks after dropping him. Now his fight against Jugs wasn't that great but again, is that the King Hype from Exiles?

You see what you want to see. KH made the initial sneak attack which knocked BM to the ground stunned. BM wasn't expecting the sucker punch. A sucker punch is also considered a sneak attack. BM gets up and sucker punches KH. KH was unable to rise from the attack.

This shows who would've won if no sneak attack ever occured on either side. BM was simply tougher and stronger as he was the last man standing. We went over this and you still continue bullshitting up til this day.

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
yeah by feats that one was likely the most powerful by a pretty fair margin.

That one was stalemated by Namor until he used his heat vision to cut Namor's head off. In my opinion King Hyperion would likely break even with him.

StiltmanFTW
1) Hyperions use atomic vision, not heat vision.

2) Namor is insanely powerful --- he has fought the Hulk like two dozen times, always stalemating or even beating him.

Nobody else in the Marvel Universe has such a great track record against Banner. Not counting Surfer, as he cheats.

Stoic
You do know that Blue Marvel beat Namor by Namor's admittance right?

So let's make a tally.

Blue Marvel defeated King Hyperion, and Namor.

Namor stalemated the current Hyperion physically up until he used his Atomic Vision to sever Namor's head.

It seems to me that they all should be in the same weight class under Blue Marvel who should technically be above them all based on his winning streak against King Hyperion, and Namor who is strong enough to hold his own in a purely physical match against the current Hyperion.

Yes this is ABC logic, but sometimes it works if the evidence supports the assumption.

If it were a tournament to decide the champion is where I was going with the notion BTW Stilt.

StiltmanFTW
Read the comic first, post on forums later.

The "stalemate" was a mere ruse by Squadron Supreme, as revealed by Nighthawk in the same issue.

Stoic
Read the comic first, post on forums later.

The "stalemate" was a mere ruse by Squadron Supreme, as revealed by Nighthawk in the same issue.

I did read it. I know about the ruse. This still doesn't remove the fact that Hyperion was trying to defeat Namor. Or what are you saying? Hyperion was pulling his punches? I mean what are you saying?

StiltmanFTW
Hyperion allowed Namor to think he dealt with him --- Nighthawk explains it in painful detail:

https://i.ibb.co/HKV4vfw/nhawk.png

Their little foreplay shouldn't be used as proof of any kind.

The whole thing was personal for Squadron Supreme and they planned their revenge well. Namor played right into their hands.

They wanted Namor to be punished and witness destruction of his city before killing him.

Stoic
Hyperion allowed Namor to think he dealt with him --- Nighthawk explains it in painful detail:

https://i.ibb.co/HKV4vfw/nhawk.png

Their little foreplay shouldn't be used as proof of any kind.

The whole thing was personal for Squadron Supreme and they planned their revenge well. Namor played right into their hands.

They wanted Namor to be punished and witness destruction of his city before killing him.

Like I said, I know the full details of the plot. Hyperion never had to drag the fight out because he could've severed Namor's head at any time during the confrontation. What I'm saying and I'll reiterate, is that Namor is fully capable of going toe to toe with the current Hyperion as long as it remains physical without energy projection.

On a side note, Namor was able to last against the Sentry as well without being KO'd, albeit we could see that Sentry was dominant, but he appeared to be as stable as he was when he crushed Terrax.

So to conclude my guesstimation, I think that there isn't much that separates three or four Hyperions. Squadron Sinister Hyperion, King Hyperion, current Hyperion, and the Supreme Squadron Hyperion as they have all faced off against comparable opponents and did about as well.

I mentioned the Supreme Squadron Hyperion as he was a physical match for Gladiator, but was outclassed in skill.

Those would be the four that I'd pick, but I'm not entirely sure which of them would be the most powerful.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.