Has celestials become the biggest cosmic jobbers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
as we seen recently, everytime they show up in any events they are just fodder waiting to get obliterated

has the celestials' status been demoted? back in the day they are the cosmic force above all elder gods and skyfathers

Old Man Whirly!
Originally posted by MrMind
as we seen recently, everytime they show up in any events they are just fodder waiting to get obliterated

has the celestials' status been demoted? back in the day they are the cosmic force above all elder gods and skyfathers Na, Galactus is still a bigger jobber.

zopzop
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Na, Galactus is still a bigger jobber.
Galactus has been awesome this past decade. Holding the Galactus Engine off by himself while the rest of the cosmic beings (which included multiple Celestials) just ran off or were killed. Taking on both Scrier and the Other. Fighting off 4 Mad Celestials and then later on helping Adult Franklin Richards finish them off. Nowadays he can feed off any energy source (even magic) and he devoured Satannish. I can go on but you get the point.

MrMind
Originally posted by zopzop
Galactus has been awesome this past decade. Holding the Galactus Engine off by himself while the rest of the cosmic beings (which included multiple Celestials) just ran off or were killed. Taking on both Scrier and the Other. Fighting off 4 Mad Celestials and then later on helping Adult Franklin Richards finish them off. Nowadays he can feed off any energy source (even magic) and he devoured Satannish. I can go on but you get the point.

what do you think of the celestials lately

they are jobbing so hard in king in black

Adam Grimes
Yeah, I was about to mention Thanos Imperative and how that arc alone establishes regular Celestials quite below standard Galactus from even that era.

Old Man Whirly!
Galactus has been awesome this past decade. Holding the Galactus Engine off by himself while the rest of the cosmic beings (which included multiple Celestials) just ran off or were killed. Taking on both Scrier and the Other. Fighting off 4 Mad Celestials and then later on helping Adult Franklin Richards finish them off. Nowadays he can feed off any energy source (even magic) and he devoured Satannish. I can go on but you get the point. and yet, Thor...

zopzop
what do you think of the celestials lately

they are jobbing so hard in king in black
The Celestials were jobbing long before that. I mean Odin, a skyfather, has an enchantment that can one shot kill any Celestial. That sh|t don't fly with Galactus.
and yet, Thor...
Everyone has low showings once in a while. Thor was freaking KOed by a bullet remember?

Khazra Reborn

xJLxKing
Marvel's cosmic beings get jobbed hard especially if they get used too much
Don't get me wrong, DC has the same issue but it normally happens with Superman, then other people try to scale that up to other

IE: Superman knocks out WF. Now people want to argue that even Shazam can do it laughing out loud

Parmaniac
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Marvel's cosmic beings get jobbed hard especially if they get used too much
Don't get me wrong, DC has the same issue but it normally happens with Superman, then other people try to scale that up to other

IE: Superman knocks out WF. Now people want to argue that even Shazam can do it laughing out loud "He tagged Flash"

GenghisJuan
and yet, Thor...
Thor amped with the Odinforce and Power Cosmic. Oh my, what an anti-feat!

abhilegend
The Celestials were jobbing long before that. I mean Odin, a skyfather, has an enchantment that can one shot kill any Celestial. That sh|t don't fly with Galactus.

Everyone has low showings once in a while. Thor was freaking KOed by a bullet remember?
Celestials haven't fallen this low.

https://i.postimg.cc/r0Q8LRwr/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/tnJ9RRsm/image.jpg

Sin I AM
It's not the celestials. It's the writers. The writers have a hard time creating credible threats. Everyone is op.

Sin I AM
I don't mind seeing Thor or Superman or whoever getting wrecked. Tbh I want them to lose. But it's like the editorial staff has forgotten how to make the read worthwhile and just want to churn out stories for the sake of making stories.

Astner
They were first introduced as the Gods of Gods, beings that even the Collective of Godheads couldn't deter. But sice then they've just been convenient cosmic fodder. Which was fine when it was to greater cosmic threats like the Infinity Gauntlet. But at some point Susan struck down one of them because of the nature of her powers, and suddently Thor cut one down and it all went downhill from there.

MrMind
Originally posted by Astner
They were first introduced as the Gods of Gods, beings that even the Collective of Godheads couldn't deter. But sice then they've just been convenient cosmic fodder. Which was fine when it was to greater cosmic threats like the Infinity Gauntlet. But at some point Susan struck down one of them because of the nature of her powers, and suddently Thor cut one down and it all went downhill from there.

back in the day, they were far above cosmic cube level beings like, this is the same kubik who defeated post retcon beyonder, kubik has infinite power by himself, but celestials are on a higher level of infinity. they possess trasfinite level of power orders of magnitude above baseline of infinity.

https://i.ibb.co/kmzJSmy/2wh9e-De-Bstji-ASYe-Al-LLs-ICLr1-HWu3k-Tz-XRSg-j-Cn-In-Zq-Qro-w-Ghgzx2q-HKHk1o-Vl4-M3-PNMIR7-Uzg-s16.jpg https://i.ibb.co/VqHphMT/f-Vl8-GVy-H-Hkrt5-Orbs1-Qsz1-Kmaso-PCK7-Wldfbd-Rt-Cxc-6w-JFucl-H8-WXQvx-WAbnn-QSUm-M-z-V8-PXY0-Sw-s1.jpg

nowadays, celestials are lacky of knull, getting owned by the avengers

how times have changed

Old Man Whirly!

Everyone has low showings once in a while. Thor was freaking KOed by a bullet remember? yeah I do, maybe asgardians are just big G's kryptonite. He struggled with Odin too remember.

zopzop
Originally posted by abhilegend
Celestials haven't fallen this low.

https://i.postimg.cc/r0Q8LRwr/image.jpg https://i.postimg.cc/tnJ9RRsm/image.jpg
Wow sad But like I said, Marvel writers suck.
back in the day, they were far above cosmic cube level beings like, this is the same kubik who defeated post retcon beyonder, kubik has infinite power by himself, but celestials are on a higher level of infinity. they possess trasfinite level of power orders of magnitude above baseline of infinity.

https://i.ibb.co/kmzJSmy/2wh9e-De-Bstji-ASYe-Al-LLs-ICLr1-HWu3k-Tz-XRSg-j-Cn-In-Zq-Qro-w-Ghgzx2q-HKHk1o-Vl4-M3-PNMIR7-Uzg-s16.jpg https://i.ibb.co/VqHphMT/f-Vl8-GVy-H-Hkrt5-Orbs1-Qsz1-Kmaso-PCK7-Wldfbd-Rt-Cxc-6w-JFucl-H8-WXQvx-WAbnn-QSUm-M-z-V8-PXY0-Sw-s1.jpg

nowadays, celestials are lacky of knull, getting owned by the avengers

how times have changed
Sad thing is, even when that was happening, the Cube Beings had way better showings than the Celestials.
yeah I do, maybe asgardians are just big G's kryptonite. He struggled with Odin too remember.
A Galactus that ate a dead world 'struggled' with Odin (who was helped by Thor btw). Odin had to retreat into the Destroyer to continue the struggle. That's way more impressive than being one shot killed by one of Odin's enchantments.

Old Man Whirly!

Sad thing is, even when that was happening, the Cube Beings had way better showings than the Celestials.

A Galactus that ate a dead world 'struggled' with Odin (who was helped by Thor btw). Odin had to retreat into the Destroyer to continue the struggle. That's way more impressive than being one shot killed by one of Odin's enchantments. It's a little more impressive, apart from... the Headbutt!

MrMind

A Galactus that ate a dead world 'struggled' with Odin (who was helped by Thor btw). Odin had to retreat into the Destroyer to continue the struggle. That's way more impressive than being one shot killed by one of Odin's enchantments.

cosmic cube has multiversal feat if i remember correctly

surfer already performed better than random celestials against knull

celestials are cosmic sentinals at this point, soon earth heroes gonna gut dem down by packs

GenghisJuan
Cosmic Cubes have a Multiversal feat or two but they're more consistently at Universal Levels.

MrMind
true, but celestials struggle to perform solar system level feats sometimes

Sin I AM
The celestials that keep showing up aren't named tho correct?

Astner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.