DC to become a state?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blakemore
What do you think?

Newjak
Don't really have a strong opinion one way or another

DevVed
Originally posted by Newjak
Don't really have a strong opinion one way or another You are not of my psychological personality element so you do not get to think

DevVed
You haven't yet become copacetic to MY angle

DevVed
So you've raped rule number one

So that means we're ALL

VVIgMj4N07k

carthage
So Puerto Rico next???
I wonder what the odds of Guam becoming a state are

truejedi
Republicans will never let it happen. The Senate is heavily in their favor in terms of population and representation. Two additional senators from dc would eat into that lead. Make no mistake- Republicans don't like true democracy.

Blakemore
Dems have a triple majority xD

truejedi
You need better than a simple majority for statehood, right?

Blakemore
Idk, I'm English

samhain
Originally posted by Blakemore
Idk, I'm English

You know in York it's perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow if it's not a Sunday? You can do the same to a Frenchman in Chester if either you or he are standing on a wall (can't remember which, and the wall thing probably comes from the city's 2000 year old walls).

Raptor22
Originally posted by samhain
You know in York it's perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow if it's not a Sunday? You can do the same to a Frenchman in Chester if either you or he are standing on a wall (can't remember which, and the wall thing probably comes from the city's 2000 year old walls). lol Scottish and French people are less legally protected than bigfoot.

"In 1969, Skamania County created ordinance 1969-01, a law that banned people from killing Bigfoot, should they ever find it. If they did, it would be considered a felony and the killer would be charged with five years in prison."

https://www.thisoldcity.com/washington-laws-make-it-illegal-to-kill-bigfoot-if-he-exists/

Artol
Originally posted by truejedi
You need better than a simple majority for statehood, right?

No, a simple majority suffices, except for the rule of the filibuster, which can be amended, and the republicans have done it twice before.

Blakemore
Originally posted by samhain
You know in York it's perfectly legal to shoot a Scotsman with a bow and arrow if it's not a Sunday? You can do the same to a Frenchman in Chester if either you or he are standing on a wall (can't remember which, and the wall thing probably comes from the city's 2000 year old walls). Please. Ancient law that's not implemented.

BackFire
The only reason it's not a state is that it would favor one political party. It should be a state for a variety of reasons. Dems should try to make this happen.

jaden_2.0
It's already a total state.

Blakemore

cdtm
Awesome news!

Take that, Marvel. thumb up

jaden_2.0
Your mum's minge is a right state.

Robtard
DC should be it's own state.

It's embarrassing that Puerto Rico and Guam are not states, those people are second class citizens as it is.

cdtm
Haven't there been votes on that?

I could have sworn the option was floated a few times, and they didn't want state hood.

BackFire

Blakemore
Id imagine considering Puerto Ricans are highly religious and hate communist Cuba, there will be a lot of republicans... Intact, I think it'd go as far as 40% republican in popular votes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.