Who can break Hal Jordans strongest construct?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HumbleServant
Hal Jordan creates a wall as strong as he can. Who here can break it with one attack?

Cyclops
Magneto
Black Bolt
Namor
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Hercules
Thor
Gladiator
Juggernaut
Hulk

Philosophía
With pure striking? None of them in one shot.

carver9
Hulk and Black Bolt

lawest9
ONE attack?.........none of them.

HumbleServant

HumbleServant

lawest9
Originally posted by HumbleServant
How many attacks would it take? Depends on the attacker.

lawest9
I think the last 4 on the list can do it in the shortest time however.

Smurph
Thor and Black Bolt

xJLxKing
I'm leaning towards, none of them but if I had to choose, it'd be Thor and Hulk

ShadowFyre
what is Hals greatest defense feat? If its on par with his offense I doubt any of them do in one shot

JBL
Black bolt with voice, Thor with hammer, Hulk and Gladiator with their fists.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Smurph
Thor and Black Bolt
Nope.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Black bolt with voice, Thor with hammer, Hulk and Gladiator with their fists.
LMAO

8swords
Originally posted by abhilegend
Nope.

I like you abhi, but sometimes your replies like this one, kinda puts you into their levels, just my opinion though,

as for the thread, BB by implied feats, will return if I could find a particular scan.
Thor could Godblast or suck it.

really doubt hulk( base as per OP) could do s$@#, just like the others

abhilegend
I mean I could drum up a bigger response but I'm too lazy nowadays.

nortonek
Didn't Black Bolt destabilize an amplified Galactus?

celeyhyga17
Thor would have the best chance

-Pr-
Thor or Hulk are the only ones I think can actually do it, tbh.

leonidas
depends on how po'd hulk is. juggs (classic) would walk through it. thor could amp his hammer ala his battle with surtur and do it. the rings don't love magic. depends on which bb feats you use. his voice isn't quite what it once was i don't think. mags would be interesting--it might take some time but he could work on it and i think break the construct apart, ala proteus. maybe.

8swords
Originally posted by -Pr-
Thor or Hulk are the only ones I think can actually do it, tbh.

base hulk with one shot?

-Pr-
Originally posted by 8swords
base hulk with one shot?

Not base Hulk, no. But a sufficiently angry Hulk, with one shot? Sure.

Booya_69
I think the last four have a really high chance.

8swords
Originally posted by -Pr-
Not base Hulk, no. But a sufficiently angry Hulk, with one shot? Sure.

oh.. was surprised when you said hulk, I had the impression you were referring to base hulk.

abhilegend
Originally posted by leonidas
depends on how po'd hulk is. juggs (classic) would walk through it. thor could amp his hammer ala his battle with surtur and do it. the rings don't love magic. depends on which bb feats you use. his voice isn't quite what it once was i don't think. mags would be interesting--it might take some time but he could work on it and i think break the construct apart, ala proteus. maybe. Originally posted by abhilegend
Nope.
In one attack none of them are breaking Hal's normal constructs.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Booya_69
I think the last four have a really high chance.
On what basis?

Stoic
The Hulk and Thor could definitely break through. During his time in the Crossroads, he shattered a magical barrier that was set to close off a cursed dimension. The barrier was supposed to be impossible to breach. I could actually see the vast majority of them doing it at their best. I mean Hal fought Lobo back in the day, and Lobo was breaking Hal's constructs like he was breaking whiskey bottles.

Due to plot shenanigans, Quasar stopped the combined attack of at least a couple here, but in other books failed to stop the attacks of lesser powers. Plot can get in the way of things at times in case that scene is being used against this grouping.

Booya_69

-Pr-
Originally posted by 8swords
oh.. was surprised when you said hulk, I had the impression you were referring to base hulk.

Base Hulk is too nebulous a concept for me, tbh. I try to avoid using it/him whenever possible.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Originally posted by HumbleServant
Hal Jordan creates a wall as strong as he can. Who here can break it with one attack?

Cyclops
Magneto
Black Bolt
Namor
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Hercules
Thor
Gladiator
Juggernaut
Hulk

Every one of them except Aquaman, and Cyclops break it. Diana already broke it easily.

abhilegend

abhilegend
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
Every one of them except Aquaman, and Cyclops break it. Diana already broke it easily.
crylaugh

Oh you troll.

Philosophía
It's hilarious to see how much disrespect GL shields/constructs get, when they literally have the best ones.

GodofNature

Rookie Hal's constructs you mean. Even Kilowog has stopped Wonder Woman along with dozens of other heroes trying to break through his shields.
I don't think the eclipsed Wonder Woman even punched Kilowog's bubble before turning back to normal, and that was a weaker early 90s version anyway, her later Post Crisis version punched through Procanon Kaa's construct for example and wrecked him hard.

But with that being said, Hal building his strongest construct would be far beyond what Kilowog or Kaa are capable of. I think only Thor's godblast has maybe a shot at breaking it in one hit, Thor without godblast, an angry Hulk, a screaming Black Bolt, a confident Gladiator, a serious Wonder Woman, a serious Juggernaut and probably Hercules should be able to break it over time though, the others are too weak for even that regardless of how dangerous Magneto can be.

Juntai
He could probably hold half the list inside of a construct for a day without breaking much of a sweat.

Juntai
Hal put a bubble around Earth and held off 250,000 kryptonians beating on his shield for a while.

Stoic
How powerful were those Kryptonians? I mean, how long were they under a yellow star?

leonidas
In one attack none of them are breaking Hal's normal constructs.

strongest magic-based attack/opponent a construct has held?

Juntai
Originally posted by Stoic
How powerful were those Kryptonians? I mean, how long were they under a yellow star? Doesn't matter so much, to where I would put my eggs in that basket in any debate. Sunlight is more of a catalyst to power than anything, even if we do hear from time to time that years spent under the sun enhances power. a)We have instance after instance of kryptonians merely touching the sunlight and being powered up. and b) through the whole New Krypton story, it was established that though Superman was more familiar with his powers and fighting with them than they are, he was not portrayed really any more powerful through the course of the story.

Though we know through feats Superman can turn way up to a level they couldn't when the story requires, its easy to see they were roughly as powerful as his normal flying around Earth playing hero operating leve which is still essentially the most powerful guy around. They were just not as skilled at fighting superhero battles.

Even during training with them when he was on New Krypton, he was having to use his blend of experience, speed, strength and smarts to stay a step ahead.

Juntai
Any decent GL would probably make all these guys work hard.

Kyle made a construct of giant hands around the moon that held the whole Crime Syndicate for days with Ultraman punching and ramming it tirelessly.

Juntai
strongest magic-based attack/opponent a construct has held? Do we have proof it's any more effective than anything else?

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
How powerful were those Kryptonians? I mean, how long were they under a yellow star?

They were weakened. Wasn't at full power so the showing is irrelevant.

leonidas

Juntai

abhilegend
Originally posted by GodofNature
I don't think the eclipsed Wonder Woman even punched Kilowog's bubble before turning back to normal, and that was a weaker early 90s version anyway, her later Post Crisis version punched through Procanon Kaa's construct for example and wrecked him hard.

Nonsense. He had all of the eclipsed heroes contained.

Also Wonder Woman had to use the yellow weakness and her lasso to break the construct.

laughing out loud

abhilegend
strongest magic-based attack/opponent a construct has held?
Since when is magic a criteria for breaking GL constructs?

GodofNature
Nonsense. He had all of the eclipsed heroes contained.

Also Wonder Woman had to use the yellow weakness and her lasso to break the construct.

laughing out loud
The only nonsense here comes from you and that Alberto dude, it was never shown that more than a couple of the heroes even punched the bubble, and the yellow weakness idea is even bigger nonsense for several reasons:

1. Experienced Green Lanterns overcame that weakness in Post Crisis, and Procanon Kaa was specifically a very experienced long time Green Lantern.

2. The lasso is not even really yellow and just looks like that due to the coloring in comicbooks, it's nikname was literally the GOLDEN perfect because it's obviously supposed to be golden.

3. She only used the lasso for the first punch, and also has used the lasso several times against non Green Lanterns as she got serious, so your headcanon that never even got confirmed in any of the panels has practically no basis at all.

Looking at the nonsense you talked in the rest of your message, consider i that smiley as confirmation that i am most likely right with what i have said.

leonidas
Originally posted by Juntai
How long ago was that? Not only have the green lanterns switched rings several times, but last I checked Hal doesn't use a OAN ring at all anymore.

the scenes are def older, which is why i asked for feats against magic now. if he has some, awesome, maybe the weakness to magic has been fixed liked dc fixes everything else. lol

@abhi: obviously it's relevant because both thor and juggs utilize high level magic.... blink

Philosophía
https://i.imgur.com/N4stf2V.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/z5ZSWWS.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/SLo0SFn.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/bFwFTdu.jpg

Yeah...

leonidas

qwertyuiop1998
From what I can recall. Green Lantern's ring doesnt have much trouble dealing with magic. At least not in the same tier like Superman.
I mean the sword that kyle constructed seemingly doing pretty well against Alan's
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/JLA-JSA-Virtue-and-Vice/TPB?id=103031#23

Adam Grimes

Juntai
Originally posted by qwertyuiop1998
From what I can recall. Green Lantern's ring doesnt have much trouble dealing with magic. At least not in the same tier like Superman.
I mean the sword that kyle constructed seemingly doing pretty well against Alan's
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/JLA-JSA-Virtue-and-Vice/TPB?id=103031#23 Hal also used his ring to put the starheart into a battery.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.