Dooku's EU Dark Acolytes/Jedi vs Dooku's Canon Dark Acolytes/Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Total Warrior
This is a fight between Dooku's acolytes & dark Jedi in the two narrative universes.

Team Canon Acolytes/Dark Jedi:

1)Quinlan Vos (DD)
2)Assajj Ventress (DD)
3)Pong Krell
4)Barriss Offee (TCW5)

Team EU Acolytes/Dark Jedi:

1)Assajj Ventress (EU)
2)Sora Bulq (19BBY)
3)Quinlan Vos (19BBY)
4)Tol Skorr
5)Kadrian Sey
6)Saato
7)Sev'rance Tann
8)Rhad Tarn

I'll give you some info on the less known acolytes of the EU team:

Tol Skorr: was defeated by EU Vos towards the end of the clone wars, but he was still capable of holding his own for some time. Against Vos, he didn't perform much worse than Aayla or K'kruhk. He also survived a fight against a Krayt Dragon

Kadrain Sey: Skorr's partner, she lost to 22 BBY Vos despite having SKorr's help.

Saato: she was stronger than 22BBY Aura SIng, and was also capable of strangling 22BBY Anakin. In the end she was slain by Skywalker in 22 after giving him a very good fight

Sev'rance Tann: a Chiss dark jedi and one of Dooku's earliest recruits. She was stronger than the Jedi Echuu Shen Jon, who beat her only by using the dark Side. She was replaced by Bulq

Rhad Tarn: A Jedi knight who was able to hold his own briefly against 22BBY Ventress. He also almost overpowered fellow Jedi Knight Sian Jeisel, but was ultimately slain by her

Zenwolf
Team EU, the deck is kinda stacked and they benefit from greater scaling and accolades.

Total Warrior
And i thought canon may win too easily lol

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Total Warrior
And i thought canon may win too easily lol

That and I feel Barriss is a weak link, dunno never found her impressive in Canon. So really this is more like 3 v 8.

Still I am glad someone else remembers that Dooku had more than just Ventress and Sora as Dark Jedi in the old Canon.

Eli Vanto
If anything I think Pong Krell is the weak link. I'd argue Barriss's feats are above his.

Zenwolf

Total Warrior
Krell was pretty impressive against the 501st

Zenwolf
Krell was pretty impressive against the 501st

Quite.

In all honesty despite not having much, he's probably the most dangerous here just due to the fact he has a unique way of fighting IE: Two double bladed sabers.

With Ventress and Vos, one could reasonably figure out how to fight them. But with Krell it would be a little bit different. Not impossible mind you, he has flaws in that from what I recall, he's very arrogant and overconfident in his personality/abilities which could end up with his downfall.

Total Warrior
Yeah, with his fighting style I could see him taking on the weakest three of the other group: Sey, Tann and Skorr. Even all three at the same time possibly. Against Saato and and Tann the result is is less certain. Saato was pretty close to post-AotC Anakin in power. Would you favor Krell over that version of Anakin? I could see saato winning with a lot of difficulty. Between Tann and Krell I'd give it to the latter, Echuu was a solid jedi, but still...

Zenwolf
Yeah, with his fighting style I could see him taking on the weakest three of the other group: Sey, Tann and Skorr. Even all three at the same time possibly. Against Saato and and Tann the result is is less certain. Saato was pretty close to post-AotC Anakin in power. Would you favor Krell over that version of Anakin? I could see saato winning with a lot of difficulty. Between Tann and Krell I'd give it to the latter, Echuu was a solid jedi, but still...

I mean power wise Canon vs Legends, there does seem to be a rather large gap. What Krell showed isn't exactly anything out of realm for your standard Jedi Knight/Master to pull off. His most dangerous aspect seems to be his melee combat ability which he seems to favor, naturally so, so that's what's gonna make him dangerous here not so much his Force prowess.

Given how high thinking Tann was in the tactics department, she can probably come up with a way to take out Krell.

Btw I don't think you specified a location, so that would help.

Total Warrior
Oh well, let's say the location is the main Hall of the Jedi temple

Zenwolf
Oh well, let's say the location is the main Hall of the Jedi temple

Well then that doesn't leave many options. Really though, it's probably gonna be best to have the 4 best fighters on Krell while the other 4 deal with Ventress/Vos. Again, I feel Barriss is out of her depth here and she can just get dismissed.

In which case, I can't really see anyone taking on 4 Dark Jedi, even Krell with his rather different fighting style. If anything, the 4 against him could just combine their power if need be and finish him off that way. When he's down, they just go and reinforce the other 4 against Ventress/Vos.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Again, I feel Barriss is out of her depth here and she can just get dismissed.

How so? She put up a decent fight against Skywalker.

Whilst EU Vos got owned by Agen Kolar (although he probably got better since he beat Bulq later on).

Zenwolf

Darth Thor

ares834
Absolute mismatch. EU team wins easily.

Characters in the EU tend to operate at a far higher level then their Disney counterparts.

Lord Stark
If we do Canon/EU combined feats and Voss gets scaled to EU Dooku the canon squad has a shot.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I mean its as decent a feat as someone below Kenobi level can get.

And it matters because most the EU acolytes here are pretty featless.

So saying shes out of her depth is unsubstantiated IMO.

Yeah it's decent for her, but I'm not seeing why anyone else here can't do the same.

But none of them are really featless. I mean maybe in personal feats, but they still do logically scale from those who have shown much better than Barriss. Apart from her fight with Anakin, I really don't recall her doing much.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.