Cosmic Spider-Man vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DantasKEdc
Cosmic Spider-Man vs Silver Surfer

zopzop
Surfer, IMHO. He's more experienced with his powers and has gone up against more impressive foes.

leonidas
yeah, this has been done and i think most said ss. cosmic spidey was a pretty fun and cool arc though. thumb up

Stoic
At that time, Cosmic Spiderman appeared to be above the Surfer's peers like Thor for example. I wouldn't be surprised if he could defeat the Surfer of those days. These days though? Not so much. He just held the Griever off for over 15 minutes by himself, and did pretty good against Knull. Seems like the Surfer has gained OP status again.

zopzop
Originally posted by Stoic
At that time, Cosmic Spiderman appeared to be above the Surfer's peers like Thor for example.
Really? Refresh my memory but who did Cosmic SPidey really go up against and fight? Magneto (wasn't a full fight more like a test), Titania (known jobber), Graviton (known jobber), Tess-1 (good fight), Quasar (he did well against him because Quasar has trouble with bricks), and Tri-Sentinel.

There's no one there that even crappy 90s Surfer wouldn't mop the floor with.

Stoic
He made the Hulk look like a 10 pound weakling. Thor has never been able to do that. The Surfer hijacks the Hulk's powers, so that doesn't count. Do you recall Reptyl Zop? Tri-Sentinal level or lower IYO?

DarkSaint85
He made the Hulk look like a 10 pound weakling. Thor has never been able to do that. The Surfer hijacks the Hulk's powers, so that doesn't count. Do you recall Reptyl Zop? Tri-Sentinal level or lower IYO?

All he really did was BFR Hulk with an uppercut....

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
All he really did was BFR Hulk with an uppercut....

With an ease that Thor has never been able to do by my recollection.

DarkSaint85
With an ease that Thor has never been able to do by my recollection.

Which is weird - I mean, the Hulk only weighs what, a ton at most? It *should* be easy to do so, with the strength these guys pack.

Then again, it could be that Spiderman was just fast enough to uppercut him before he could react, whereas Thor just isn't as fast as Spidey.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Which is weird - I mean, the Hulk only weighs what, a ton at most? It *should* be easy to do so, with the strength these guys pack.

Then again, it could be that Spiderman was just fast enough to uppercut him before he could react, whereas Thor just isn't as fast as Spidey.

Exactly , it depends on what the writer is trying to portray in terms of power struggles.

DarkSaint85
Well, Spiderman being faster than Thor and being able to uppercut Hulk before he reacts isn't saying much - we all know Spidey has better speed in combat than Thor.

Stoic
Not so much speed when it comes to base level Spiderman. Thor is actually faster if they had a foot race. Spiderman is more agile and uses a danger sense to live in the future while in combat.

My first opinion of Cosmic Spiderman was that they were aiming at placing him as a top tier elite capable of dealing with that tiers most powerful.

DarkSaint85
But it was not a foot race.

Spiderman was fast enough to uppercut Hulk and send him flying. Thor isn't that fast.

Therefore, using their showings relative to Hulk are meh. Especially as Spidey now faces Surfer.

zopzop
Oopsie. Forgot about Hulk. It was Gray Hulk though. Even Spikey Thing pounded him out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.