Hi, recently I'm feeling like discovering and playing some of the star wars games that were released for handheld consoles in the past. For instance, while collecting info for the EU characters of my versus thread, I stumbled on the game "Star Wars: The Droid Army". Anyway, would you list some of the best sw games ever released on handheld consoles, according to you?
I remember really enjoying Battlefront Elite Squadron on the DS. It has a PSP counterpart that players more similarly to the mainline Battlefront games, but the DS version has better feats for some of the characters, and I kind of enjoyed the gameplay more than I was expecting for how simple it is.
I have every single star wars game for the PSP both ones only available physical and only on the store.
Keep in mind pretty much every game released on both PSP and DS... the PSP versions are generally better, because they can mimic the big console version's gameplay a lot better.
1. For one, it has the 2nd-best version of The Force Unleashed, having the most content, bosses (Phobos and Desolous were exclusive bosses to every version except DS, Xbox 360, and PS3), and comparable gameplay to the PS3/360 versions. It even has ad-hoc vs modes where you can pick characters from the movies and some EU characters.
If that's not enough it also includes modes like Order 66 (Survival mode where you pick a character and survive a massive onslaught of Clones), Force Duel which is a gauntlet mode where you take on a bunch of famous Jedi and Sith from the SW universe and fight them, starting with Kento Marek/Nion and ending The Emperor in his throne room. Next, there's Historic Missions, exclusive to the PSP version, where you have a pre-set character and play out famous moments from the SW movies, like Anakin and Obi-Wan's duel at the end of Episode 3, Mace Windu at the Battle of Geonosis in Episode 2, Luke and Vader's duel at Cloud City in Episode 5, you get it.
For the most part, the story is pretty much the same as the big console (Xbox 360 and PS3 versions), although certain moments aren't as "grand". Definitely worth picking up, imo, one of the best SW handheld games.
2. Star Wars: Dark Forces is available on the PS Store (you can still search for stuff on the PSP store AND buy it if you can get your internet to work with it) and plays just like the PS1 version. It's a Doom-style FPS game and the beginning of Kyle Katarn's journey.
3. Lego Star Wars: Original Trilogy on PSP is the exact same as the console versions with literally no difference except maybe some slightly downgraded visuals, it's fun but if you're looking for purely lore stuff it might not be the best fit.
4. Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron is a personal Battlefront tale and is told by Col Serra, it has a lot of neat EU stuff and even has a cameo from Tionne Solusar. It's gameplay is pretty standard fare, but features customizable load-outs, I played this one a lot online, as far as gunplay I prefer it to Battlefront II on the PSP. Elite Squadron is better though, speaking of...
5. Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron is a heavily downgraded version of what was going to be Renegade's "Star Wars Battlefront III", it tells the tale of twin clones X1 and X2 who were cloned from a Jedi named Falon Grey as opposed to everyone else who was cloned from Jango Fett. These clones had a seemingly normal lifespan as they survived from the near-beginning of the Clone Wars alllllll the way to post-RoTJ and X2 likely lived well-beyond that. Gameplay is once again standard fare for the Battlefront games, but it's the only game in the series that lets random clone troopers or stormtroopers use melee weapons like electrostaffs and force pikes in their load-outs, the saber combat is kind of lacking tho, feels a lot like a sledgehammer or really heavy baseball bat.
6. Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes sucks, skip it unless you hate fun. If you ABSOLUTELY feel like you want it purely for lore purposes, just play it on an emulator man, at least there you can cheat, it's an action-adventure game set in the Clone Wars series.
7. Star Wars: Lethal Alliance is pretty fun... for the first playthrough, and it's chock-full of EU stuff, it details the Legends version of getting the Death Star plans, and tells the story of a Twi'lek Bounty Hunter named Rianna Saren and her droid partner Zeeo. It's an action-adventure game with heavy shooter elements.
8. Star Wars: Battlefront II is a HEAVILY downgraded version of the big console versions. There is pretty much no reason to ever pick up this version if you own the big console versions as they are better in every way, unless you REALLY want some portable star wars games. It's alright, it plays pretty much the same it's just so lacking in content, a lot of the maps that were massive have been cut down, removed, or replaced, there's less modes, the mission where you attack the Jedi Temple is removed entirely, and there is no online multiplayer mode. This game doesn't have any worthwhile lore worth buying it for either, I just bought it because I just wanted to own every SW game on the PSP.
9. Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Not as good as the Original Trilogy game, obviously, but it's alright, I guess. Again not much lore since it's a Lego game. There's just not a lot to say about it and it's not really worth getting if you're looking for something fun, unless you just want more of that "lego" humor. lol
DS games are usually inferior in terms of gameplay (when it comes to SW games), but usually have more lore stuff, like Elite Squadron has extra levels not seen in the PSP version.
I could expand more on pretty much all of these games, but it's 2:30am, so like... hope this helps, haha.
That was very helpful, thaaanks
Originally posted by Total Warrior
That was very helpful, thaaanks Np buddy, are you ever gonna change your picture to something different then that Obi-Wan-Quinlan Vos sex scene?
Lol i barely notice it. I should find a better one later today
Copyright 1999-2021 KillerMovies.