Which Low Meta [b]can[/b] perform this feat of Bane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrMind
who can

go through this arkham gauntlet in one setting
no prep, no rest, random encounter

1. Two Face
2. Grundy & Amygdala
3. Scarecrow
4. Mr Freeze
5. Firefly
6. Black Spider
7. Flamingo
8. Man-Bat
9. Zsasz
10. Mad Hatter
11. Dr Phosphorus
12. Hush
13. Copperhead
14. Calender Man
15. The Riddler

Low
3-D Man, Angel, Arachne, Arana, Azrael, Backlash, Bane (/w/ Venom), Batman, Beast, Black Canary, Black Knight (classic /w/ Ebony Blade), Black Panther, Black Tarantula, Blade, Bloodshot, Bruenor Battlehammer, Captain America, Century, Charcoal, Charlie 27, Constrictor, Creeper, Cyber, Dagger, Daken, Deadpool, Deathlok, Deathstroke the Terminator, Doc Ock, Domino, Drizzt Do'Urden, Elixer, Falcon, Firehawk, Gambit, Gotham Butcher (Felix Harmon), Green Goblin, Hobgoblin, Jason Voorhees, Judge Dredd, Karnak, Kid Devil, Killer Croc, Klaw, Lady Deathstrike, The Leader, Longshot, Man-Bat, Marrina (Normal), Mercury, Midnighter, Mister Hyde, Mister Miracle, Moon Girl, Mysterio, Mystique, Nightcrawler, Ninjak, Nuke, Orka Humbug, Owlman, Prometheus, Protocide, Puck, Puma, Rage, Rai, Sabretooth, Shang Chi, Silk, Silver Samurai, Spider-Gwen, Spider-Woman, Starlord, Swift, Thunder Cats, Tombstone, Triathalon, Vance Astro, Vanguard, Vermin, Vulture, Warpath, Wildchild, Wizard, Wolverine, Wulfgar, X-23, Zealot

for people who are unfamiliar with the feat it's in batman 2016 run issue 19
https://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Batman-2016/Issue-19?id=106878

Breaks through 2,737 cubic pounds of ice pressing in on him, Batman #19
https://i.imgur.com/aKBelG1.jpg?1

Punches out and warps a reinforced steel door, Batman #19
https://imgur.com/a/q3myh0q

Overcomes Scarecrow's fear toxin, Batman #19
https://imgur.com/a/4bCfmMW

Easily defeats Solomon Grundy and Amygdala, Batman #19

Spends around 9.5 hours fighting through Batman's rogues' gallery, Batman #19
https://imgur.com/a/dKHPmwo

Stoic
Black Panther, Deadpool, Wolverine, Captain America, X-23, actually quite a few from that list should be able to make it. They obviously wouldn't approach the different opponents the same way as they all fight differently, but by using their own methods I can see several completing it.

zopzop
Adding to the ones Stoic mentioned :
Sabertooth, Mercury, Creeper, Klaw, Rage, and Firehawk.

DarkSaint85
Plus Batman, obvs

MrMind
well let's ask a different question, who cannot perform this feat of bane

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by MrMind

Easily defeats Solomon Grundy and Amygdala, Batman #19

Took him almost two hours, actually.

Fight started at 1:24 am and ended at 3:07 am.

1 hour and 43 minutes, to be precise.

Stoic
That list is pretty big. In my opinion most of them could. I mean Judge Dredd would have these guys running away in fear, Spider Woman, Shang-Chi, Batman, and a load of others would pass it. The only two that I see getting ganked is Tombstone and Mr. Hyde, as they'd play right into Grundy's hands and get the beatdown.

StiltmanFTW
Tombstone is more than capable of fighting smart against Class 100 bricks:

https://i2.wp.com/comicnewbies.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/spider-man-miles-morales-and-the-rhino-vs-tombstone-3.jpg?resize=640%2C984&ssl=1

MrMind
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

https://i2.wp.com/comicnewbies.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/spider-man-miles-morales-and-the-rhino-vs-tombstone-3.jpg?resize=640%2C984&ssl=1

thumb up

I put a lot of thought into this thread

MrMind
bump

Alex_Ferrana
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

Tombstone is underrated. He sometimes portrayed losing to Daredevil but also he can fight Spider-Man pretty well and trade blows with Luke Cage.

Inconsistent writing. But anyway, Tombstone is badass.

Alex_Ferrana
A lot of them can perform it. Grundy, however, is extremely inconsistent. Looks like he was weakened in that ocassion.

But Cap, I believe, would replicate that feat. Maybe even without shield.

Alex_Ferrana
Originally posted by Stoic
Black Panther, Deadpool, Wolverine, Captain America, X-23, actually quite a few from that list should be able to make it. They obviously wouldn't approach the different opponents the same way as they all fight differently, but by using their own methods I can see several completing it.

Yes. A lot of low metas from this list can perform that feat. Captain America, I believe, could replicate that feat too. Probably even without his shield.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Plus Batman, obvs

Do you really believe that Batman is a meta level character? If your answer is yes, then we would have to accept that Tony Stark before undergoing the changes of the past 20 years was also a meta level character.

I mention this because of the idea that he could tank hits from missiles while inside his super suit. Also, whenever he had been hit so hard that he falls from 10 thousand feet and hit the ground goes against the laws of acceleration conservation. Meaning, when he got hit by missiles, or crashed landed he should have been turned into Tony paste, not to mention his uncanny resistance to g forces.

Many of the things that we overlook when he survives would be absolutely impossible. Kind of like when Batman is face planted by Wonder Woman, and not only manages to survive, but remain conscious. If we accept that Batman is a meta in terms of toughness, we would also have to move Captain America, Daredevil, Punisher, Iron Fist, and several other characters up to that tier as well. Just saying.

DarkSaint85
All of what you say is true, only Batman turns it up even higher.

In Iron man's case, where does he tier?

Stoic
I meant out of armor.

DarkSaint85
I meant out of armor.

Yet your examples were all of him in armour....

Stoic
You ever kick something while wearing steel toe boots? Now imagine Tony Stark in a super durable suit while slamming through a mountain. This guy would have to be as durable as his armor is in order to survive, or keep from turning into Tony paste.

Stoic

DarkSaint85
Except he has sci fi forcefields and repulsor fields etc to dampen it.

OTOH, Batman is literally bandaged up, sucker punched without armour by an amped, bloodlusted WW. Verrrrrry different.

Moreover, again, IM is in the herald tier. Are you saying Batman should be there too? In which case, I agree.

carver9
@stoic, you're talking about one of the smartest man on the planet. He's not feeling the attack, Hulk is. You might as well add that anytime he's been hit in his armor by Sentry, Thor, Hulk and Thanos, Tony felt the full might of each blow. This isn't how this works.

Stoic

OTOH, Batman is literally bandaged up, sucker punched without armour by an amped, bloodlusted WW. Verrrrrry different.

Moreover, again, IM is in the herald tier. Are you saying Batman should be there too? In which case, I agree.

Bro, in real life, every time Tiny flies into something at high speeds they'd find him living in his helmet. The suspension of disbelief is the reason why he survived most encounters. The stretch is even further for Batman who happens to be an Olympic level fictional character. He isn't a low meta despite the push.

Stoic
Tony, not Tiny.

DarkSaint85
Bro, in real life, every time Tiny flies into something at high speeds they'd find him living in his helmet. The suspension of disbelief is the reason why he survived most encounters. The stretch is even further for Batman who happens to be an Olympic level fictional character. He isn't a low meta despite the push.
Lol Bats isn't just an Olympic level guy, at least not in one discipline.

He smashes world records for weightlifting, whilst having Olympics level marathon running feats, gymnastics, sprinting, etc.

Batman, easily. Him being Batman alone is already superhuman.

As I've said before:

Imagine a celebrity famous for doing nothing except being a rich heir to a fortune, and a party animal. In effect, Paris Hilton.

Now imagine that person also has the business smarts of a Bill Gates.

So far, so good. Ashton Kutcher is like this, after all.

Now Paris Hilton, is also a master of 127 different martial arts. Something that some people take decades just to master one or two.

Ninja Paris Hilton, also holds multiple degrees in engineering, forensic sciences, applied mechanics etc etc etc. And is able to take others' work apart, not just Earth tech, but also Kryptonian/Thanagarian/Martian/Apokolipton etc tech, and understand it.

Ninja Paris, PhDx10, ALSO speaks five or six different languages, fluently, fluently enough she could easily disguise herself (another skill she's learnt, btw), and blend in anywhere in the world.

All by the age of 35.

And is also a master escape artist.

And is an Olympic level gymnast, powerlifter, and is pretty decent and sprinting AND marathons.

And can KO horses.

That was seven years ago. Since then, he's had even more feats

Alex_Ferrana
Do you really believe that Batman is a meta level character? If your answer is yes, then we would have to accept that Tony Stark before undergoing the changes of the past 20 years was also a meta level character.

I mention this because of the idea that he could tank hits from missiles while inside his super suit. Also, whenever he had been hit so hard that he falls from 10 thousand feet and hit the ground goes against the laws of acceleration conservation. Meaning, when he got hit by missiles, or crashed landed he should have been turned into Tony paste, not to mention his uncanny resistance to g forces.

Many of the things that we overlook when he survives would be absolutely impossible. Kind of like when Batman is face planted by Wonder Woman, and not only manages to survive, but remain conscious. If we accept that Batman is a meta in terms of toughness, we would also have to move Captain America, Daredevil, Punisher, Iron Fist, and several other characters up to that tier as well. Just saying.

Even Amanda Waller once thouht than Batman is superhuman/metahuman.

Alex_Ferrana

To be percise, Joker Venom toxin made Justice League members bloodlusted, but actually also weaker... Somehow. Batman notices than Flash isn't operating on his normal speed, for example.

Still, WW slamming Batman (who is even without armor) through a ocncrete wal and Batman only having a bruised lip is another one moment how Batman is "peak human". Peak humans in comics is actually superhumans, even Death Battle (in the episode "Black Canary vs Sindel"wink noticed than socalled "peak humans" in comics can perfprm feats which is impossible in real life by any means.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Alex_Ferrana
To be percise, Joker Venom toxin made Justice League members bloodlusted, but actually also weaker... Somehow. Batman notices than Flash isn't operating on his normal speed, for example.

Still, WW slamming Batman (who is even without armor) through a ocncrete wal and Batman only having a bruised lip is another one moment how Batman is "peak human". Peak humans in comics is actually superhumans, even Death Battle (in the episode "Black Canary vs Sindel"wink noticed than socalled "peak humans" in comics can perfprm feats which is impossible in real life by any means.

I meant amped as in, she was the God of War at the time. Which made her stronger/faster, as noted by Cheetah.

Alex_Ferrana
Lol Bats isn't just an Olympic level guy, at least not in one discipline.

He smashes world records for weightlifting, whilst having Olympics level marathon running feats, gymnastics, sprinting, etc.

That was seven years ago. Since then, he's had even more feats

That's only scratchinh the surface. Batman has shit-tons of feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.