Astro Boy (2009 film)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

robotflug
Does anyone remember this generic and cliched as hell american CGI movie of Astro Boy. No wonder it was such a box office bomb, the company Imagi shut down back in 2010, and Astro Boy became the last movie produced by that studio. So funny how this movie was forgotten after it was released.

KingD19
Did you necro a 12 year old movie just to trash it?

Also, Imagi animated the movie wonderfully. It was the plot and acting that made the movie bad, also it was the fact that they made an Astro Boy movie, which was nowhere near as popular in America as it was in Japan. There was even a remake and a video game that weren't well received.

Robtard
I thought it was a decent kid's film.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by KingD19
Did you necro a 12 year old movie just to trash it?

laughing out loud

I haven't seen it, but if I remember correctly wasn't Nicolas Cage a voice for it?

That alone makes it awesome. thumb up

BruceSkywalker
never watched

rudester
I liked it. embarrasment

riv6672
Originally posted by Robtard
I thought it was a decent kid's film.
^^^yeah, it was fine for what it was.
The animation was solid, too.

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
laughing out loud

I haven't seen it, but if I remember correctly wasn't Nicolas Cage a voice for it?

That alone makes it awesome. thumb up
^^^he was one of the main characters, Dr. Tenma.
Google also credits Charlize Theron, Nathan Lane, Eugene Levy, Sam L. Jackson, Alan Tudyk, Kristen Bell, David Alan Grier, Bill Nighy, Ryan Styles...lots of ppl I recognize actually.

Patient_Leech
^ That's a great cast! There's no way this movie can suck as bad as the OP says. laughing out loud

riv6672

KingD19
It wasnt super awful. My personal gripe with it was that Dr. Tenma(Cage) treated Astro Boy like shit because he wasn't his dead son. And I was like, "BUT YOU CREATED HIM AS A REPLACEMENT BECAUSE YOU COULDNT COPE!!!" How do you go out of your way to spend millions of dollars to create an exact replica of your kid but as a super robot, then get mad at him for existing?

riv6672
Originally posted by KingD19
How do you go out of your way to spend millions of dollars to create an exact replica of your kid but as a super robot, then get mad at him for existing?
In the words of the Immortal Bard...

https://media1.tenor.com/images/c58fedc57621bcfc891acfb06460bdcc/tenor.gif

robotflug
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
^ That's a great cast! There's no way this movie can suck as bad as the OP says. laughing out loud

The big flaws with this Astro Boy movie is its just another generic and cliched CGI comedy movie thats just as annoying as Bee Movie, Shark Tale, Flushed Away and Happily N'Ever After. It ends on a very cliched sequel bait ending, Originally, a sequel to the movie was planned, but it was scrapped after Imagi Studios was shut down.

Astro Boy bombed at the box office so bad it deserved to be swept it under the rug.

riv6672
Bee Movie was decent. Some good sight gags and puns.

Flushed Away was funny.

And both were better than the fagazy Cars franchise that I blame for delaying The Incredibles sequel for well over a decade.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.