Gladiator vs Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Avengers Hyperion against fully confident Hype, who wins?

Enzeru
Hyperion in a good fight. I think he is too strong and too durable for Gladiator. Gladiator has the speed advantage though. But I'm not sure, if his speed advantage is great enough to deal with all of that strength and durability.

h1a8
I agree

Stoic
I hope that we get a chance to see this fight. Marvel has all but admitted hating Superman, which is likely the reason that Gladiator's track record has been as mediocre as it has been. Based on implied combat knowledge, I feel as if Gladiator would school him, and I also believe these two are actually within the same ballpark in terms of physical stats.

MrMind
glad

Philosophía
Gladiator. He is considerably faster and would eventually KO him, even if he is physically inferior.

Booya_69
Both have insane strength feats. I gotta go with glads tho. He appeared to physically overpower beta ray bill in a gotg book and had Jane Thor against the ropes.

Wonder Man

leonidas
tiniest edge to glads i think. he's just more brutal, and likely more skilled.

h1a8
Hyperion is significantly stronger and more durable if we go by feats.
Glads might be a little faster in combat.
Glads has a confidence weakness, Hyperion does not.

MrMind
hype is def not that much stronger, if at all

glads has destroyed planet with punches, wrestled with blackhole before

zopzop
This is a closer than people think. Gladiator has gotten a lot of love from Marvel recently.

Could go either way but I'm see Gladiator taking a slight majority.

h1a8
Originally posted by MrMind
hype is def not that much stronger, if at all

glads has destroyed planet with punches, wrestled with blackhole before Gladiator never wrestled with blackholes. Punching a dead planet MULTIPLE times is impressive but not as impressive as stopping a full sized Earth planet traveling at... Speed.

MrMind
Originally posted by h1a8
Gladiator never wrestled with blackholes. Punching a dead planet MULTIPLE times is impressive but not as impressive as stopping a full sized Earth planet traveling at... Speed.

he's torn apart a black hole before

https://i.imgur.com/NZcNov2.jpg

his punch against galactus rattled every remaining bone in the universe

Wonder Man
Gladiator tore a star in half.

TheHulkster
Originally posted by Wonder Man
Gladiator tore a star in half.

You sure you're not thinking of Drax?

Wonder Man
No it was Gladiator. I still think Hyperion is bigger.

h1a8
he's torn apart a black hole before

https://i.imgur.com/NZcNov2.jpg

his punch against galactus rattled every remaining bone in the universe I knew what you were referring to and only on panel feats count. So Gladiator didn't tear a black hole apart.

No Galactus feat either.

MrMind
I knew what you were referring to and only on panel feats count. So Gladiator didn't tear a black hole apart.

No Galactus feat either.

wut? are you saying statements aren't feat?

h1a8

Not from other characters. Otherwise we would have accepted that Sentry stalemated Galactus a long time ago. I believe there was a mod ruling on that Sentry stalemating Galactus statement.

-Pr-

Most of the time they're not quantifiable, no... They can be used to support an argument though, sure.

MrMind
Not from other characters. Otherwise we would have accepted that Sentry stalemated Galactus a long time ago. I believe there was a mod ruling on that Sentry stalemating Galactus statement.

gladiator rattling every bone of the universe,

that one is narrative statement

TheHulkster

X-Man later states that he and Sentry together fought Galactus, so many see this as clarification of the stalemate.

h1a8
gladiator rattling every bone of the universe,

that one is narrative statement

Sounds like hyperbole and not to be taken literally. Please post the scan or issue number.

Originally posted by TheHulkster
X-Man later states that he and Sentry together fought Galactus, so many see this as clarification of the stalemate.

Im talking about before that. We didn't accept that Sentry did it when the issue first came out.

JBL
Sounds like hyperbole and not to be taken literally. Please post the scan or issue number.

Im talking about before that. We didn't accept that Sentry did it when the issue first came out. So Gladiators son is lying? Or or you trying to protect a miniature black hole feat?

Booya_69

Philosophía
Carver once heard his mother getting plowed so bad the whole neighborhood was shaking.

Boyfriend #7 is at least city-block mid meta level.

h1a8

MrMind

JBL
How do we know that? Has Gladiator ever done such a thing of that magnitude? Yes he has.

Booya_69

Stoic
His son said that he saw him do it. That isn't hyperbole it's a direct statement by an eye witness. It happened.

Booya_69
Originally posted by Stoic
His son said that he saw him do it. That isn't hyperbole it's a direct statement by an eye witness. It happened.

👍 yup.

carver9
How do we know that? Has Gladiator ever done such a thing of that magnitude?

Yep, he's done it before.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by lawest9
Avengers Hyperion against fully confident Hype, who wins?

Hyperion is fighting Hyperion?

Hyperion wins shifty

lawest9
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Hyperion is fighting Hyperion?

Hyperion wins shifty I meant Gladiator.

StiltmanFTW

TheHulkster
Doesn't Gladiator contain this half solar system destroying nova level blast?

https://m.imgur.com/a/1xBscAj

StiltmanFTW
You sure you're not thinking of Drax?

It was Drax.

And it was a miniature star, too.

Wonder Man just enjoys being high 24/7 too much. And coming from me, it means he really should take a break.

MrMind
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
It was Drax.

And it was a miniature star, too.

Wonder Man just enjoys being high 24/7 too much. And coming from me, it means he really should take a break.

wonder man is not real

it's an algorithm created by Raz

carver9
Doesn't Gladiator contain this half solar system destroying nova level blast?

https://m.imgur.com/a/1xBscAj

He contained it to the point that another star was created.

MrMind
I thought off panel feats don't count, carvturd

why doesn't Orion's solar system feat count?

Originally posted by carver9
Orion ft is hyperbolic and off panel. It's deserving of ignoring. Do you think Orion can produce Shockwaves from a single punch strong enough to melt Hercules and Aquaman if he clashed with an equal? Think about it and be honest.

carver9
I thought off panel feats don't count, carvturd

why doesn't Orion's solar system feat count?

Gladiator ft happened on panel. Orions didn't.

h1a8

-Pr-
We don't need to know how he contained it. Just that he did. I hope nobody is trying to claim he tanked the blast without any side-effects, though. That would be pretty dishonest.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
We don't need to know how he contained it. Just that he did. I hope nobody is trying to claim he tanked the blast without any side-effects, though. That would be pretty dishonest.

Nope, he didn't tank it, but, Gladiator had nothing on him and the proof is up to the person saying he did have something on him to show it. It was said that he contained it and it was also mentioned that a star was born. All done under his own power.

-Pr-
Nope, he didn't tank it, but, Gladiator had nothing on him and the proof is up to the person saying he did have something on him to show it. It was said that he contained it and it was also mentioned that a star was born. All done under his own power.

"A star was born" is flavour-text, trying to show off the magnitude of an explosion.

Explosions aren't how stars are created.

carver9
"A star was born" is flavour-text, trying to show off the magnitude of an explosion.

Explosions aren't how stars are created.

He contained it to the point of a star being created near Mars. They actually showed the star before he flew off to Earth.

-Pr-
He contained it to the point of a star being created near Mars. They actually showed the star before he flew off to Earth.

That's not how stars are made.

They showed the explosion. We don't see an actual star. And, unless I'm mistaken, Reed says nothing about a sun/star being created.

John Byrne isn't an idiot, so it was either flavour-text, or incredibly bad writing because he was having an off-day. Pick one.

DarkSaint85
So we're back to saying 616 Marvel Earth has two suns. Ok.

JBL
We don't need to know how he contained it. Just that he did. I hope nobody is trying to claim he tanked the blast without any side-effects, though. That would be pretty dishonest. What side-effects did he have that was caused by that explosion?

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
What side-effects did he have that was caused by that explosion?

He was out of it enough to think the Fantastic Four were Skrulls. It says as much in the next issue (FF 250).

DarkSaint85
https://i.postimg.cc/7YwFmnv6/RCO037-1468851330.jpg

JBL
He was out of it enough to think the Fantastic Four were Skrulls. It says as much in the next issue (FF 250). If I'm not mistaken, that was due to him being hit with radiation from those skrulls.

DarkSaint85
You are mistaken. Glads says it's from the previous encounter, the editor notes it's #249, and moreover he fought the FF BEFORE he met the Skrull X-Men (who used the rads).

JBL
He said his first encounter. The explosion was his second encounter I believe.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
He said his first encounter. The explosion was his second encounter I believe.

Nope. The notes clearly state that it was the events in the previous issue, i.e. #249 that they're talking about.

In #249, all the Skrulls did was explode all over him.

AlbertoJohnAvil
It happened off panel. That's the reason why we don't actually know what exactly happened or what Gladiator did.

Did he shield the blast with his body? We dont actually know what he did. At best sounds like a durability feat against energy projection. Not a strength feat.

He collapsed a star with his bare hands before? Issue number please

So did Spidey saying Sentry stalemating Galactus. But we all know where that went here on Kmc.

What was it that >= collapsing a star in one's hand

And the chains feat happened off panel, we don't know how they were "hauled" etc it was a ****ing statement but that's acceptable to you. You're one of the biggest hypocrites i know flat out.

carver9
Originally posted by AlbertoJohnAvil
And the chains feat happened off panel, we don't know how they were "hauled" etc it was a ****ing statement but that's acceptable to you. You're one of the biggest hypocrites i know flat out.

Huge hypocrite. It's vomit worthy.

-Pr-
Stones, glass houses etc.

lawest9
Stones, glass houses etc. 😄 pot meet kettle.

Khazra Reborn
https://64-media-tumblr-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/64.media.tumblr.com/f447c4be110ba9813e6508fffa273535/tumblr_nez7i77WMX1rvm5qqo5_1280.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
https://64-media-tumblr-com.cdn.ampproject.org/i/s/64.media.tumblr.com/f447c4be110ba9813e6508fffa273535/tumblr_nez7i77WMX1rvm5qqo5_1280.jpg

This fight really should end this debate, but it probably will not. Perhaps the entire fight should be posted to show that Gladiator has better combat skills? This is like pitting two guys against each other, their both roughly the same, but one guy is a seasoned warrior while the other isn't.

In most cases the seasoned warrior would win. This is simple stuff. Gladiator wins.

leonidas
different versions of hype though, so the result may be different. not sure if there's enough info on avengers hype to really fairly comment, though i have. also, different hype's seem to vary in levels of power. this one held universes apart if you take things at place value, so not unreasonable to think this one is stronger than the other one. i think it's close, regardless.

lawest9
Originally posted by leonidas
different versions of hype though, so the result may be different. not sure if there's enough info on avengers hype to really fairly comment, though i have. also, different hype's seem to vary in levels of power. this one held universes apart if you take things at place value, so not unreasonable to think this one is stronger than the other one. i think it's close, regardless. Didn't he also one shot the Hulk?

Khazra Reborn
I just thought it was funny that Hyperion stabbed Glads in the eye with his hair.

h1a8

And the chains feat happened off panel, we don't know how they were "hauled" etc it was a ****ing statement but that's acceptable to you. You're one of the biggest hypocrites i know flat out. The stars were hauled by "pulling" them with the chains. "Haul" means "to pull".

There are many different ways to "Contain".
Shield with body is one such way. Hence possibly a durability feat (not strength).

StiltmanFTW
Didn't he also one shot the Hulk?

Never happened.

He fought a mind-controlled version and it took him a good while to break said mind-control. He bled for it, too.

PS. You're the gayest of the gay.

lawest9
So you WISH P+++Y boy.

MrMind

are you calling yourself hypocrite? because you are the piece of turd who says off panel feats don't count, at the same time keep bringing up gladiator's off panel feats.

do you not see the irony?

Philosophía
You can't explain the validity of "my dad is the greatest, I bet he can beat your dad" to carver because

Well..

----

Hm.

If we equalize the speed, would this thread change?

Who is stronger? more durable? has better eye-beams? more skilled?

carver9
The stars were hauled by "pulling" them with the chains. "Haul" means "to pull".

Shield with body is one such way. Hence possibly a durability feat (not strength).

So now statements count? You wanted to discredit it the first time by mentioning statements as not being factual but when someone call you out, you want to nitpick words out of the statements. You're not fooling anyone.

carver9
are you calling yourself hypocrite? because you are the piece of turd who says off panel feats don't count, at the same time keep bringing up gladiator's off panel feats.

do you not see the irony?

We see him hit by the explosion, he contains the explosion, we see the star AFTER he contained it and we see him flying out of the area of the explosion. Whats so hard to understand here?

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
different versions of hype though, so the result may be different. not sure if there's enough info on avengers hype to really fairly comment, though i have. also, different hype's seem to vary in levels of power. this one held universes apart if you take things at place value, so not unreasonable to think this one is stronger than the other one. i think it's close, regardless.

The closest to a true fight with any character of note was when he fought Namor. He wasn't exactly fist palming Namor's punches, or treating him like fodder. I feel safe in my assumption that he's within Gladiator's strength range. However, Hyperion isn't a seasoned warrior with a penchant to kill his opponents.

MrMind
one thing I'll admit, Gladiator's low feats are hilariously bad, so bad you wonder wth is going on, like he would struggle with lifting a portion of power plant, get owned by street levelers

he is a jobber

hyperion is better in that aspect

carver9
What street level person owned Gladiator? Scans please. Every single low showing Gladiator have, have some major context or hax involved. I'll wait.

MrMind

h1a8
So now statements count? You wanted to discredit it the first time by mentioning statements as not being factual but when someone call you out, you want to nitpick words out of the statements. You're not fooling anyone.

Superman broke the chains on panel.
Gladiator didn't tear a black hole on panel.

See the difference?

If Gladiator would have ripped an object, on panel, that was STATED to be stronger than 100 planets stacked then we can go by the statement.

Random objects can be stated to be as strong as it is worded.
Do you believe that Sentry stalemating Galactus from Spider-Mans words should be counted as a feat for Sentry?

JBL

See the difference?

If Gladiator would have ripped an object, on panel, that was STATED to be stronger than 100 planets stacked then we can go by the statement.

Do you believe that Sentry stalemating Galactus from Spider-Mans words should be counted as a feat for Sentry? Show a scan of those chains hauling stars on panel.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, I was about to say that.

The chains statement wasn't made by the impartial narrator, so there's no reason for it to be superior to other statements.

carver9

See the difference?

Do you believe that Sentry stalemating Galactus from Spider-Mans words should be counted as a feat for Sentry?

The chain fts, nothing but statements. Gladiator ripping the black hole, nothing but a statement. H1 accepts the statement for the chains but he doesn't accept the statement for Gladiator.

The guy who mentioned the chain ft is a compulsive liar.
Gladiator son has not been confirmed as being such.

H1 doesn't care about this because he is a hypocrite. Do you get it now?

carver9
I can't even explain the existence of carver9, can you?

I'm here for you. When you leave KMC, I'll be right behind you.

StiltmanFTW
Post your nudes, carv.

h1a8
I'm here for you. When you leave KMC, I'll be right behind you.

You are trolling now. You didn't address what I posted.
Statements for random objects ALWAYS count. Statements for characters do not always count, especially when their best showings contradict such statements.

See the difference?

carver9
You are trolling now. You didn't address what I posted.
Statements for random objects ALWAYS count. Statements for characters do not always count, especially when their best showings contradict such statements.

Who told you this? Where did you get this from? You're just making up crap to cover yourself.

-Pr-
😄 pot meet kettle.

That works too.

==

Okay seriously? Get back on topic. All of you.

JBL
Lol. Wow.

Philosophía
The chain fts, nothing but statements. Gladiator ripping the black hole, nothing but a statement. H1 accepts the statement for the chains but he doesn't accept the statement for Gladiator. Do you see the difference between:

"this Crane is used to lift 100 tons and it ripped in half when it tried to lift your mother"

and

"your mother is so fat I saw her eat other moms"

?

DarkSaint85
False.

One cannot rip metal.

Philosophía
"Mom, can we please go to a construction site? I have to check something"

h1a8
Who told you this? Where did you get this from? You're just making up crap to cover yourself.

The mod ruling on Sentry stalemating Galactus because Spidey-Man said it happened. At the time, Sentry power level was nowhere near able to stalemate Galactus (using Sentry's best feat).

The narration is different though. The narrator has more credibility.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Beat me to it. I was just making this thread up in my head as well...

I would class them as:

1 Feats not depending on art - taken as gospel. Nobody here questions that Superman can fly, for example.

2. Feats depending on art - Drax's anti-Thanos aura, some depictions of speed fighting, and bullet-timing.

3. In-character narration. By this I mean, if Reed or Pym says that he's tested Cyclops' eye blasts, and they contain the equivalent of 1 million Newtons, we believe him. I won't believe Johnny Storm if he said this.

4. Comic Narration. This one is a bit iffy, particularly when we start looking at the Silver Age or pre-crisis comics.

5. Character narration. Spiderman telling the story of the Sentry stalemating Galactus.

Perfect way of putting it. You are a pretty good poster.

With this posts this thread can be closed.

Click on the 'post' hyperlink to see how Carver agreed on this.

qwertyuiop1998
Click on the 'post' hyperlink to see how Carver agreed on this. Carver never failed to make me laugh laughing

AlbertoJohnAvil

See the difference?

My point is the chains feat was pure hyperbole, It was unbreakable up until that point as Supes was the first to break free meaning it was hyperbole. But you ignore that to deep throat superman more on threads. Even if you think it's "legit", it's an outlier seeing as Superman doesn't have an actual star moving feat (this version specifically) to establish consistency.

AlbertoJohnAvil
The stars were hauled by "pulling" them with the chains. "Haul" means "to pull".

On panel feats are first. Statements should only count when they can be irrefutably quantified. Take that Superman and the star hauling chains for example. questions like do the star provide any resistance when being pulled? Does the chain serve as a containment unit for unstable stars? What kind of Metal are those chains made of? Is it considered one of the strongest metals in the DC universe/multiverse
There are too many unknowns to say that Superman breaking out of those chains is a solid strength feat.

DarkSaint85
Yet when Proxima Midnight's spear is used......

lawest9
On panel feats are first. Statements should only count when they can be irrefutably quantified. Take that Superman and the star hauling chains for example. questions like do the star provide any resistance when being pulled? Does the chain serve as a containment unit for unstable stars? What kind of Metal are those chains made of? Is it considered one of the strongest metals in the DC universe/multiverse
There are too many unknowns to say that Superman breaking out of those chains is a solid strength feat. I'm sorry but common sense would say otherwise, chains that can pull stars and planets out of their would have to be off of the charts powerful, we may not know the material that they are may of but they would have to had been made our of a material far stronger than even Adamantium, high level feat for Superman.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I'm sorry but common sense would say otherwise, chains that can pull stars and planets out of their would have to be off of the charts powerful, we may not know the material that they are may of but they would have to had been made our of a material far stronger than even Adamantium, high level feat for Superman.

if Superman was pulling the chain connected to a star, then it'd be stellar weight.

But in this case, he was ONLY restrained by it. Nothing to suggest the chain was exerting a stellar force on him. We only know its supposed to be unbreakable

lawest9
if Superman was pulling the chain connected to a star, then it'd be stellar weight.

But in this case, he was ONLY restrained by it. Nothing to suggest the chain was exerting a stellar force on him. We only know its supposed to be unbreakable It would have to be unbreakable to pull stars

AlbertoJohnAvil
It would have to be unbreakable to pull stars

It would have to be able to support the pull of a star weight at minimum yes. The cable itself doesnt have to weight as heavy as one though

lawest9
It would have to be able to support the pull of a star weight at minimum yes. The cable itself doesnt have to weight as heavy as one though But obviously the material does.

DarkSaint85
Well no, it doesn't have to weigh as much as a star - whoever argues that is silly.

However, the tensile strength of the chains was overcome by Superman - even though they're strong enough to haul stars. That's the impressive part.

They're strong enough to take the force applied to them by a star's mass.

AlbertoJohnAvil
But obviously the material does.

Well no, it doesn't have to weigh as much as a star - whoever argues that is silly.

However, the tensile strength of the chains was overcome by Superman - even though they're strong enough to haul stars. That's the impressive part.

They're strong enough to take the force applied to them by a star's mass.

https://i.postimg.cc/2LrVN1t1/tenor.gif

It's like you dudes never learn. How many chains are hooked to a star? What's pulling the stair? I've been able to push a 2 ton van up the street when it's ran out of gas. There's no type or resistance when pulling a star either. It's THAT simple.

AlbertoJohnAvil
I can use a rope to tie it around something and drag it somewhere. It's not offering resistance at all. if I threw a ball in space would it stop or stay in motion? once it got moving it's easy peazy. It might be multiple chains connected to the star via multiple ships also. So one or two wouldn't be the same as x also tugging around the same amount of weight.

DarkSaint85
https://i.postimg.cc/2LrVN1t1/tenor.gif

It's like you dudes never learn. How many chains are hooked to a star? What's pulling the stair? I've been able to push a 2 ton van up the street when it's ran out of gas. There's no type or resistance when pulling a star either. It's THAT simple.

There is resistance.

AlbertoJohnAvil

AlbertoJohnAvil
What resistance is there when the sun isn't actively fighting against the ship? Unless there is a larger object around there wouldn't be anything like gravity to affect it.

AlbertoJohnAvil
BTW, idk if super fans realize this but Superman's body can manipulate gravitons so anything touching him can be subject to unusual pressures aside from his immense strength. laughing out loud

JBL
Once again, I have a chain that can haul/pull 5 tractors from Georgia to California, BUT, if just one of those tractors resist, SNAP! goes my chain. In other words, if Superman and Hyperion used those chains that Superman broke in a tug of war, the chains would snap. We know this for two reasons, 1. Superman broke them. 2. The person who said they were unbreakable, is a liar and villain.

h1a8
What resistance is there when the sun isn't actively fighting against the ship? Unless there is a larger object around there wouldn't be anything like gravity to affect it.

The resistance is in the inertia.
To be clear, when you acceleration a mass you exert a force that is equal to F=ma.

You can't just accelerate a massive object without a force.

The star has to travel from 0 speed to many times faster than light speed in a reasonable amount of time.

DarkSaint85
Lol. I am not sure what is worse, you trying to sound smart by quoting things you don't understand, or your arrogance.

1. Where do these stars come from?
2. Where are they going?
3. Why is gravity not affecting it? You DO know gravity is present everywhere in the universe, right?

If they are hauling stars from point A to point B, at point A it will be subject to gravity. Same as at point B. And in fact, along every single point along their journey. Just think.

AlbertoJohnAvil
The resistance is in the inertia.
To be clear, when you acceleration a mass you exert a force that is equal to F=ma.

You can't just accelerate a massive object without a force.

The star has to travel from 0 speed to many times faster than light speed in a reasonable amount of time.

Is there ANYTHING stating how fast or far there going with pulling stars? I mean there is multiple variables that are left unanswered here and you keep ignoring that.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Once again, I have a chain that can haul/pull 5 tractors from Georgia to California, BUT, if just one of those tractors resist, SNAP! goes my chain. In other words, if Superman and Hyperion used those chains that Superman broke in a tug of war, the chains would snap. We know this for two reasons, 1. Superman broke them. 2. The person who said they were unbreakable, is a liar and villain.

No. If you pull a 10kg object with a chain at an acceleration of 10m/s^2 then you would be pulling with a force of 100N. The tension would be 100N.

This is equivalent of one pulling the chain with 50N and another pulling with 50N in the opposite direction. The tension would still be 100N.

In other words, take half the feat and that would be the amount both Superman and Hyperion must pull with (tug of war) in order to reach the same tension force.

carver9
The mod ruling on Sentry stalemating Galactus because Spidey-Man said it happened. At the time, Sentry power level was nowhere near able to stalemate Galactus (using Sentry's best feat).

The narration is different though. The narrator has more credibility.

That wasn't a narrator that mentioned the chains being pulled. What in the hell.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL

That's not what's being argued.

AlbertoJohnAvil
Lol. I am not sure what is worse, you trying to sound smart by quoting things you don't understand, or your arrogance.

1. Where do these stars come from?
2. Where are they going?
3. Why is gravity not affecting it? You DO know gravity is present everywhere in the universe, right?

If they are hauling stars from point A to point B, at point A it will be subject to gravity. Same as at point B. And in fact, along every single point along their journey. Just think.

There are way to many variables to consider in this.

Adam Grimes
That's not what's being argued. Plus JBL is barely coherent in that post and not actually proving what he says he is. Lol

DarkSaint85
There are way to many variables to consider in this.

Uhuh laughing out loud

JBL
No. If you pull a 10kg object with a chain at an acceleration of 10m/s^2 then you would be pulling with a force of 100N. The tension would be 100N.

This is equivalent of one pulling the chain with 50N and another pulling with 50N in the opposite direction. The tension would still be 100N.

In other words, take half the feat and that would be the amount both Superman and Hyperion must pull with (tug of war) in order to reach the same tension force. Wrong. My chain can pull a 90 thousand ton aircraft carrier across the Atlantic ocean. Now put that carrier on land and let me try it. The key is resistance. So we have a chain that can pull 90 thousand tons of carrier with very little resistance across water, yet would snapped like a twig trying to drag 5 50 ton tanks across land.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by JBL
Wrong. My chain can pull a 90 thousand ton aircraft carrier across the Atlantic ocean. Now put that carrier on land and let me try it. The key is resistance. So we have a chain that can pull 90 thousand tons of carrier with very little resistance across water, yet would snapped like a twig trying to drag 5 50 ton tanks across land.

Got a link to this chain? Brand name?

Diesldude
Originally posted by JBL
Wrong. My chain can pull a 90 thousand ton aircraft carrier across the Atlantic ocean. Now put that carrier on land and let me try it. The key is resistance. So we have a chain that can pull 90 thousand tons of carrier with very little resistance across water, yet would snapped like a twig trying to drag 5 50 ton tanks across land. laughing out loud laughing out loud google Archimede's principle idiot.

JBL
Originally posted by Diesldude
laughing out loud laughing out loud google Archimede's principle idiot. Google common sense idiot. Any fool would know that under certain conditions, things happen differently. By the way, wheres your buddy Brolyblack?

Diesldude

JBL
You are an idiot. My biggest chain from my company can pull the USS Nimitz across the Atlantic as long as that ship is on water, but if that ship was on land, that chain could not even move that ship before snapping. It's called resistance dummy. In other words that chain can move 90,000 tons under certain conditions.

Diesldude

h1a8
That wasn't a narrator that mentioned the chains being pulled. What in the hell.

You didn't address these Carv

Statements for random objects ALWAYS count. Statements for characters do not always count (see the Sentry example), especially when their best showings contradict such statements.

JBL
No one can be this dumb! If the chain is not strong enough to pull an object, which one breaks idiot, the chain or the object the chain is attached to????? The chain becomes an extension of the object it's attached to. If your dumb behind was hanging off a cliff and I throw you a rope and by the grace of God pull you up, that rope is the one pulling you up because it's the one doing the work because it has now become an extension of myself, but if something goes wrong the rope will break not me dummy, I'm just going to stand there waving goodbye to you.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Wrong. My chain can pull a 90 thousand ton aircraft carrier across the Atlantic ocean. Now put that carrier on land and let me try it. The key is resistance. So we have a chain that can pull 90 thousand tons of carrier with very little resistance across water, yet would snapped like a twig trying to drag 5 50 ton tanks across land.

Inertia is the resistance against being accelerated. If there is no friction then a piece of thread can pull any mass at a constant rate. But we are not talking about mere pulling something at a constant rate but accelerating something.

You have no basic understanding of physics.

Do yourself a favor.

Calculate the tension force on a cable (chain) in these two scenarios:

1. Pulling a 10kg in space (no friction) with an acceleration (not velocity) of 10m/s^2.

2. Pulling with 50N of force in a tug of war against an opposing person also pulling with 50N of force against you (the resistance you are referring to).

Which one gives the greater tension of the cable (chain)?

JBL
Inertia is the resistance against being accelerated. If there is no friction then a piece of thread can pull any mass at a constant rate. But we are not talking about mere pulling something at a constant rate but accelerating something.

You have no basic understanding of physics.

Do yourself a favor.

Calculate the tension force on a cable (chain) in these two scenarios:

1. Pulling a 10kg in space (no friction) with an acceleration (not velocity) of 10m/s^2.

2. Pulling with 50N of force in a tug of war against an opposing person also pulling with 50N of force against you (the resistance you are referring to).

Which one gives the greater tension of the cable (chain)? LMAO!!! My company lives off of hauling and pulling large objects. LMAO!!!! But answer this question.. If I hook a chain to my truck, does that chain become an extension of my truck? And your little basic calculations, would get laughed at and thrown in the trash by my workers.

-Pr-
This isn't a Superman thread. Get back on topic.

carver9
You didn't address these Carv

Are you OK? You do know Sentry fight against Galactus didn't happen when he was introduced to the readers, right? It happened waaaayyyyy before then. So any showings you saw of Sentry after his resurrection, isn't an indication of his power level back then. They did some back stories on Sentry and he was containing the cosmic cube back then, so he was obviously more powerful and stable than the time we saw him when he was first introduced to us. Your point is boo boo.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.