Blade runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

marcssands14
1.Spider Man
2.Kraven the Hunter
3.Morbius
4.Black Panther
5.Bane
6.Daredevil/Batman

Blade is bloodlusted and has standard equipment.Gauntlet is set in Central Park. Can the vampire hunter Blade clear?

Enzeru
Black Panther might be over-equipped for Blades standard equipment. I'm saying Black Panther.

DarkSaint85

What's Blade's standard equipment?

Honest question, to the board. What do we think when we are that stip for Eric?

celeyhyga17
Black Panther stops him

Sin I AM
Originally posted by DarkSaint85

What's Blade's standard equipment?

Honest question, to the board. What do we think when we are that stip for Eric?

Knives, sword, maybe a few guns. Stakes and other vamp killing stuff. Nothing major

Trackz
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Knives, sword, maybe a few guns. Stakes and other vamp killing stuff. Nothing major his standard equipment has changed since joining the avengers.

even then black panther just showed the he's more or less immune to man-things powers and his equipment is next level. would've put black panther over bane in a gauntlet.

marcssands14
thanks for the replies. but lol at not poll votes

DarkSaint85
Because there's no option for Spider-Man....

StiltmanFTW
Blade gets one-shotted by a holding back Parker again.

Philosophía
Because there's no option for Spider-Man.... thumb up

Stoic
Spiderman 1st on the list? He stops at 1.

Trackz
Blade puts down spiderman

StiltmanFTW
Blade gets on his knees and gently sucks Peter's micropenis off, then passes out after swallowing his radioactive semen.

Booya_69
Yup. Stops at 1.

StyleTime
Granted, this list is out of order. Blade could beat some people placed ahead of Spidey.

StiltmanFTW
Blade can't beat anyone, it's his only superpower in canon.

Oh, I forgot. He also can magically get his solo books cancelled in no time.

Trackz
Knee caps Spiderman or cuts him to pieces. Spiderman is light work.

Philosophía
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Blade can't beat anyone, it's his only superpower in canon.

Oh, I forgot. He also can magically get his solo books cancelled in no time. lol

leonidas
stilt on fire today....

and a serious peter takes him down.

Trackz
Yea serious Peter has got nothing here. Blade beat a berzerk vampire Spiderman pretty easily. Blade with boy-thing doesn't have much difficulty.

StiltmanFTW
Betty Brant would beat Blade.

Spidey is not needed.

Trackz
Betty Brant would beat Blade.

Spidey is not needed. Betty probably has a better shot, given pete has none

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Trackz
Betty probably has a better shot, given pete has none I approve of this message.

SamZED
Originally posted by Stoic
Spiderman 1st on the list? He stops at 1.
This.

Trackz
Originally posted by SamZED
This.

is wrong

Sin I AM
his standard equipment has changed since joining the avengers.

even then black panther just showed the he's more or less immune to man-things powers and his equipment is next level. would've put black panther over bane in a gauntlet.

No

SamZED
is wrong
...to assume that Blade stands a chance. against Spidey.

Trackz
Originally posted by Sin I AM
No yes

Trackz
...to assume that Blade stands a chance. against Spidey. more than a chance. overwhelming favorite.

StiltmanFTW
thumb_avatar2

marcssands14
Because there's no option for Spider-Man....

Spider man is good but Blade slices his head off.Sorry

DarkSaint85

DarkSaint85
Oh, and:
This.

marcssands14
Eurgh. Always a poor sign when the thread starter tries to debate and take a side.

Blade was able to fight Thor with the boy thing. That counts as stand equip,so SpiderMan should not be a problem.Now Spiderman combo with like Daredevil or any other martial artist,Blade would lose.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by marcssands14
Blade was able to fight Thor with the boy thing. That counts as stand equip,so SpiderMan should not be a problem.Now Spiderman combo with like Daredevil or any other martial artist,Blade would lose.

Thor? Scans?

And proof it counts as standard equipment? He's used it like 2-3 times in the past 2 years, that's like Batman using the Hellbat armour lol.

Edit: you are probably thinking of that ONE time he used it against Surfer/Glads. And that is it.

Those 2 issues were the ONLY times we have seen him use Boy-Thing in a fight since Avengers issue 18, when War of the Realms started. He used it in issue #17, I think - but that is it.

Hardly standard gear.

DarkSaint85
For marc:
Blade joined in Avengers #10. We are now on #42. Not all of those issues 10-42 had Blade, sometimes not even the current Avengers. BT only appeared in issue #17.

You had to rely on a cover, when we all know comic covers aren't always the best guide to their contents.

Of the issues so far (Feb 2021, also when THIS thread was made) with KiB, Blade does NOT have BT with him. I have posted the scans - artists can say whatever they like, we don't care. We go by what is on panel. And on panel, so far for KiB, BT is not there.

War of the Realms did NOT have BT on Blade's shoulder - I posted the scans. AFTER it was all done, when Shulk is literally clean up crew -THEN BT was being used:

https://i.postimg.cc/7Yzw7jXF/RCO010-1562750858.jpg
https://i.postimg.cc/1XnPvdSN/RCO012-w-1562750858.jpg

But DURING the event?

BT appears in Avengers #17.
#18, War of the Realms. No BT
#19 - Blade is shown fighting, no BT
#20 - Blade is shown fighting, no BT
#21 - The scans above-Blade is shown with BT going off to fight vamps. War of the Realms is EXPLICITLY over. Blade fights using BT
#22 - Blade is with BT as they stand around talking
#23 - Cosmic GR attacks, Blade sends BT away when fighting starts No BT fighting with Blade.
#24 - Blade fights with the breathing gun (first time); no BT
#25 - Blade is fighting in Hell, no BT
#26 - flashback, no Blade
#27 - Blade walking around and talking, no BT(except when he gives a rose to Black Widow). Fast forward to a few weeks later, then they are in GR's car.
#28 - they're in GR's car, Blade is dying
#29 - The surfer feat (BT's idea, not Blade's) Blade fights using BT
#30 - Gladiator feat Blade fights using BT
#31 - No Blade, only Stark
#32 - Blade is about to leave with BT, gets talked back by Widow
#32-37 - Blade fights; no BT this is the Khonshu arc
#38 - Blade is shown, no BT
#39 - Flashback
#40 - Blade fights when Namor attacks; no BT
#41 - no Blade
#42 - It's shown BT is babysitting. no BT fighting with Blade.

That's.....pretty bad for supposed 'standard' equipment. I am NOT saying that just because he doesn't whip it out that we automatically assume BT isn't there - I am saying BT isn't even shown. We have entire arcs and issues where BT isn't even mentioned. Blade has multiple fights in multiple issues without BT - and BT has only been around for 25 ish issues. Of those 25, Blade appears in around 18 issues. Of those 18, he is shown fighting in 13 issues. Of those, Blade only fights with BT in 2, with a 3 instance off-panel (with the vamps). And that was in one single arc, the Starbrand arc.

That's it.

Thus, he isn't standard equipment.

Although, as you are OP, you can put whatever thread stips you want.....

marcssands14
Thor? Scans?

And proof it counts as standard equipment? He's used it like 2-3 times in the past 2 years, that's like Batman using the Hellbat armour lol.

Edit: you are probably thinking of that ONE time he used it against Surfer/Glads. And that is it.

Those 2 issues were the ONLY times we have seen him use Boy-Thing in a fight since Avengers issue 18, when War of the Realms started. He used it in issue #17, I think - but that is it.

Hardly standard gear.

I saw Trackz,who knows the most about Blade,post scans in a recent vs thread. I havent read any recemt Blade comics,so I didnt know whow recent that was,sorry. But I know that Blade is pretty strong and has good fighting skills. Combined with his blade,I still think he takes Spider Man.

DarkSaint85
Yeah I wiped the floor with Trackz - but in case he reads this and disputes my version of events, he can answer this very simple question:

In how many issues does Blade use BT in a fight?

Trackz
Yeah I wiped the floor with Trackz - but in case he reads this and disputes my version of events, he can answer this very simple question:

In how many issues does Blade use BT in a fight?

Yea jokes. You chose willful ignorance after being proven wrong. There's a reason another person read through that thread and made another thread with the understanding that boy-thing is standard equipment. it's because your argument was terrible.

Given that Blade has boy-thing, he moves through spiderman pretty easily in this.

Trackz
Originally posted by marcssands14
I saw Trackz,who knows the most about Blade,post scans in a recent vs thread. I havent read any recemt Blade comics,so I didnt know whow recent that was,sorry. But I know that Blade is pretty strong and has good fighting skills. Combined with his blade,I still think he takes Spider Man. The Thor scan was before he had boy-thing, so it makes the point even stronger. In Damnation, he took a hit from Mjolnir, survived while it was burning into his chest, then rode it when Ghost Rider Thor recalled it and put a sword through her head and detonated it. She would get up later, but that's the type of hit that would've killed Thor if he/she weren't powered up by the spirit of vengeance.

Trackz
#17 - Blade has BT
#19 - Blade does not have BT
#20 - Blade does not have BT
#21 - Blade has BT - shown that Blade has been using BT for travel for independent missions
#22 - Blade has BT
#23 - Blade has BT
#24 - Blade has BT - rescues BT, who is injured in the fight
#25 - Blade does not have BT
#27 - Blade has BT
#28 - Blade has BT
#29 - Blade has BT
#30 - Blade has BT

#32 - Blade has BT
#33 - Blade does not have BT
#34 - Blade does not have BT
#35 - Blade does not have BT
#36 - Blade does not have BT
#38 - Blade does not have BT
#40 - Blade fights when Namor attacks; no BT
#42 - It is stated why Blade did not have BT in the previous issue

Given that we're talking about standard equipment, which has nothing to do with standard use, you just defeated your own point.

So for your argument, equipment that a character possesses for more than half their appearances over a 2 year period, and when they do not possess it it is narratively explained, does not count as standard equipment.

Again, I will note that Blade has been depicted with BT in the last two years more than he has been depicted using fire arms or stakes, both of which people have no problem counting as standard equipment. As noted, Blade equipment varies story to story and so standard equipment is based on what he is likely to have. Based on his appearances over the last few years, on a given mission he is likely to have BT more than any other weapon save for his two swords.

DarkSaint85
I asked for him FIGHTING with it. not being a glorified shoulder pad. I asked for issues where he's in a mission.

This IS a fight thread, no? You just saying he carries him when off duty but not using him in battle is.... precisely my point.

Yea jokes. You chose willful ignorance after being proven wrong. There's a reason another person read through that thread and made another thread with the understanding that boy-thing is standard equipment. it's because your argument was terrible.

Given that Blade has boy-thing, he moves through spiderman pretty easily in this.

And others understood that he doesn't have it as standard.

Trackz
I asked for him FIGHTING with it. not being a glorified shoulder pad. I asked for issues where he's in a mission.

This IS a fight thread, no? You just saying he carries him when off duty but not using him in battle is.... precisely my point.

And others understood that he doesn't have it as standard.

this is difficult for you but you do not get to define standard equipment. standard equipment does not mean standard use. if someone has the equipment in their appearances, it does not mean they need to use it. you're flailing.

DarkSaint85
Except that's my entire point.

Blade does NOT have BT in his appearances. I literally posted the scans - no BT on his shoulder. I'm NOT arguing USE. I'm arguing he doesn't have it on him.

StiltmanFTW
Trackz' Blade has always been an abstract being, time and space are playthings to him.

Trackz
Except that's my entire point.

Blade does NOT have BT in his appearances. I literally posted the scans - no BT on his shoulder. I'm NOT arguing USE. I'm arguing he doesn't have it on him.

And now you're lying. Even in your rundown of appearances, you only highlighted when Blade "fought" with boy-thing, and you've repeatedly asked for scans of him fighting with boy-thing. That is not the definition of standard equipment. As I just demonstrated, tracking his avengers appearances he has boy-thing more often than not. he's been depicted with boy-thing more than his other gear that no one would argue against as standard gear. you've lost.

Trackz
Trackz' Blade has always been an abstract being, time and space are playthings to him. you should check the solicitations for Heroes Reborn while we're talking about it

DarkSaint85
And now you're lying. Even in your rundown of appearances, you only highlighted when Blade "fought" with boy-thing, and you've repeatedly asked for scans of him fighting with boy-thing. That is not the definition of standard equipment. As I just demonstrated, tracking his avengers appearances he has boy-thing more often than not. he's been depicted with boy-thing more than his other gear that no one would argue against as standard gear. you've lost.

Because you were unable to show any scans of him FIGHTING.

So am moving the goalposts for YOUR benefit.

Simply post scans of him bringing BT into battle. Whether he actually then uses him in battle is another point, but just show Blade bringing BT into battle.

Let's start with War of the Realms. Please post scans of Blade bringing BT into battle with Malekith's forces. He doesn't have to use him, your are 100,000% right - just show he brings him into a fight laughing out loud

Trackz

So am moving the goalposts for YOUR benefit.

Simply post scans of him bringing BT into battle. Whether he actually then uses him in battle is another point, but just show Blade bringing BT into battle.

Let's start with War of the Realms. Please post scans of Blade bringing BT into battle with Malekith's forces. He doesn't have to use him, your are 100,000% right - just show he brings him into a fight laughing out loud

aka once again you shifting standard equipment to standard use. if he has it all the time and only used him to fight once, that would still be standard equipment. just stop. you've already seen the scans and are being willfully ignorant.

he brought boy-thing when they went to exorcise ghost rider's car. he brought boy-thing to space. he use boy-thing to kill the shadow colonel. we see him use boy-thing to travel during war of the realms.

DarkSaint85
aka once again you shifting standard equipment to standard use. if he has it all the time and only used him to fight once, that would still be standard equipment. just stop. you've already seen the scans and are being willfully ignorant.

he brought boy-thing when they went to exorcise ghost rider's car. he brought boy-thing to space. he use boy-thing to kill the shadow colonel. we see him use boy-thing to travel during war of the realms.

I'm NOT shifting it to standard use lol.

I am asking for him bringing it, NOT using it.

Ok, so please post scans of him bringing BT to fight Malekith's forces during War of the Realms.

Not asking for him USING IT. NO ,NO, NO.

Let's go!

Trackz

Why are you lying? You made this exact point and then acted like you were being somehow civil by dropping it. No you moved the goalposts and then, instead of conceding that you had made an error, tried to pull this.

DarkSaint85
Ok, fine.

Post all the scans of him FIGHTING Malekith's forces with BT. Ok, I won't drop it then lol.

This is a fight thread, no?

Trackz
Ok, fine.

Post all the scans of him FIGHTING Malekith's forces with BT. Ok, I won't drop it then lol.

This is a fight thread, no? your continued war of the realms argument is shallow. As has been noted:

1. standard use does not mean every instance

2. we have proven evidence that within the war of the realms arc, Blade uses boy-thing to travel to his missions

3. Blade licks boy-thing as he discusses tasting frost giant blood

This is another example of a major arc in which Blade is shown with boy-thing.

then, of course, we have the more specific narrative arguments:

1. war of realms is his first mission after acquiring boy-thing. as you have argued, blade does not know boy-things powers and boy-thing has displayed new ones to his surprise (e.g. space armor & spreading to withhold the avengers base from crushing the team). if War of the Realms started immediately after the vampire war when Blade gets boy-thing, and Blade does not know boy-things powers, when would he have learned how to fly using boy-thing if he had not been doing it before?

So not only is it the second major arc in which we see Blade with boy-thing, they use this appearance to demonstrate their increased connection since their last appearance together.

2. Blade shows that he brings boy-thing with him to hunt vampires. The simple, clear argument is that what Blade decides to bring with him on a vampire hunting mission is likely more representative than what he brings on any other mission.

Both of these, however, are supplemental to the overall point that Blade has been shown with boy-thing in most of the major arcs he's been a part of, and if he isn't it's explained why save for the Khonshu arc.

DarkSaint85
Bringing BT to fight vampires =/= fighting Malekith's forces in War of the Realms - so you cam just go ahead and concede that now.

Trackz
Bringing BT to fight vampires =/= fighting Malekith's forces in War of the Realms - so you cam just go ahead and concede that now. yea this is the type of dishonest argumentation that others are seeing right through.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.